What’s your favorite elite skill?

aimz.6287

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> Don't have one. None of them really stand out to me. They're all pretty bland in my opinion. They aren't defining like they where in GW1.

>

> OH! Actually. If we can include GW1 into it it would be a toss up between Virulence and Fevered dreams! Both so much fun to use! Spiteful Spirit was awesome too! Also any of the avatar skills on dervish. Aura of the Lich! OH oh! PAINIC! mmm. Soul Twisting was good too. Beguiling haze was awesome. Moebius Strike was fun. Hundread Blades and vow of strength! Discord was neat, but not personally a big fan. Lost of people loved it though. What about Xinrae's Weapon! Yes yes! Healer's Boon was sick. As was Unyielding Aura. Can't forget about Savannah Heat. WHY WASN'T THAT ADDED INTO THE GAME WITH PoF ANET???? Searing Flames was great. Used that a lot. Ray of Judgment was pretty awesome too. just a death pillar of light from the sky. No biggy... lol. Barrage was iconic and fun to use.

>

> GW1 elites were so iconic and integral to build making. In GW2 its just like... Oh yeah.. they exist.

This is pretty much how I feel about elite skills in GW2 as well, so I guess my answer is Avatar of Melandru, but the GW1 version, not the GW2 version. The Dervish Avatars were so much better than the forms in GW2 since they're designed around interaction with the rest of your build, rather than making your build disappear.

As an Engineer main, I usually take Mortar Kit since it's at least situationally useful, but I really wish I could take a utility skill instead of an elite. Ironically, I could do this in GW1, but I'd only ever want to on a character who didn't have any elite skills yet!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Lily.1935" said:

> GW1 elites were so iconic and integral to build making. In GW2 its just like... Oh yeah.. they exist.

How can they be so iconic tho when there's just *so many* ?

I'm one of those HoM plebs that started with GW2 and then got around to doing GW1 to get rewards. One of the many things that throw me off, aside from static combat and no jumping, is the sheer amount of skills. They all get lost in the stream and 90% of the time i have no idea what the enemy is even using, unless it's some vaguely familiar skill of my main class.

> @"ChartFish.1308" said:

> > @"Lily.1935" said:

> > GW1 elites were so iconic and integral to build making. In GW2 its just like... Oh yeah.. they exist.

>

> How can they be so iconic tho when there's just *so many* ?

> I'm one of those HoM plebs that started with GW2 and then got around to doing GW1 to get rewards. One of the many things that throw me off, aside from static combat and no jumping, is the sheer amount of skills. They all get lost in the stream and 90% of the time i have no idea what the enemy is even using, unless it's some vaguely familiar skill of my main class.

Iconic because elite was the pillar of each build.

Many elites were great with a well-thoughts skills. Some players have been very creative with wonderful builds based on less used elites.

In gw2, elites are just a+ utilities (or a-). On top of that, the choice is extremelly limitated, it clearly shows ANet doesnt really care about elites anymore

Yeah I have also found Guild Wars 2 Elites to be underwhelming most of the time, there are a few really powerful ones like Shadow Meld, but they are situational. My favourite all round Elite is probably Basilisk Venom. Short cool down, shared with allies, great CC burst for PvE and a powerful stun in PvP

> @"Omnicron.2467" said:

> Yeah I have also found Guild Wars 2 Elites to be underwhelming most of the time, there are a few really powerful ones like Shadow Meld, but they are situational. My favourite all round Elite is probably Basilisk Venom. Short cool down, shared with allies, great CC burst for PvE and a powerful stun in PvP

Yes but as far as I am concerned, basilic venoms is on par with other utilities. It is great because of short cooldown.

When you play solo pve, it is just terrible.

I agree though gw1 elites where definitely more special maybe anet should put a good barrier around the skill and make it look fancy like gw1 lol

> @"Tommo Chocolate.5870" said:

> > @"Lily.1935" said:

> > Don't have one. None of them really stand out to me. They're all pretty bland in my opinion. They aren't defining like they where in GW1.

> >

> > OH! Actually. If we can include GW1 into it it would be a toss up between Virulence and Fevered dreams! Both so much fun to use! Spiteful Spirit was awesome too! Also any of the avatar skills on dervish. Aura of the Lich! OH oh! PAINIC! mmm. Soul Twisting was good too. Beguiling haze was awesome. Moebius Strike was fun. Hundread Blades and vow of strength! Discord was neat, but not personally a big fan. Lost of people loved it though. What about Xinrae's Weapon! Yes yes! Healer's Boon was sick. As was Unyielding Aura. Can't forget about Savannah Heat. WHY WASN'T THAT ADDED INTO THE GAME WITH PoF ANET???? Searing Flames was great. Used that a lot. Ray of Judgment was pretty awesome too. just a death pillar of light from the sky. No biggy... lol. Barrage was iconic and fun to use.

> >

> > GW1 elites were so iconic and integral to build making. In GW2 its just like... Oh yeah.. they exist.

>

> This is pretty much how I feel about elite skills in GW2 as well, so I guess my answer is Avatar of Melandru, but the GW1 version, not the GW2 version. The Dervish Avatars were so much better than the forms in GW2 since they're designed around interaction with the rest of your build, rather than making your build disappear.

>

> As an Engineer main, I usually take Mortar Kit since it's at least situationally useful, but I really wish I could take a utility skill instead of an elite. Ironically, I could do this in GW1, but I'd only ever want to on a character who didn't have any elite skills yet!

Thieves Guild. There's a nice variety of them in terms of weapons and skills. As AI goes they're pretty capable fighters and can hold their own. They even got their own racial lines too, they're probably my favourite thing about thief. The only thing I hate about them is their pitiful lifespan. 30 seconds is such a waste. I'd be willing to slash their damage if I could keep them as permanent minions though.

> @"VixusIrine.9013" said:

> I'd be willing to slash their damage if I could keep them as permanent minions though.

Their damage is already pretty much non existent (they do ~ 6% of what an actual player does e.g. one hit from unload does about 2k damage if it comes from a player (assuming casual OW) the summon does only ~120), they're good meatshields but as they are right now they should work like nocro summons or get a secnificant power boost.

> @"calb.3128" said:

> > @"Wolfb.7025" said:

> > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > I like Prime Light Beam. Love firing it into a group and just watch players flop.

> >

> > TIRO FINALE

> >

> >

> > asdf, sadly I haven't seen other classes elite skills, but I'm in love with all the Holosmith has to offer. Prime Light Beam just looks so freakin cool.

>

> Yes! The only way you could make it any better would be by sticking it on a shark. Sharks with freaking laser beams, _that's_ cool.

At this moment i ask myself if i am the only one who hot that reference.

> @"VixusIrine.9013" said:

> Thieves Guild. There's a nice variety of them in terms of weapons and skills. As AI goes they're pretty capable fighters and can hold their own. They even got their own racial lines too, they're probably my favourite thing about thief. The only thing I hate about them is their pitiful lifespan. 30 seconds is such a waste. I'd be willing to slash their damage if I could keep them as permanent minions though.

Coolest thing about them is that they ajust accirdibg to the elite spec. Pretty unique for a core elite skill.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"calb.3128" said:

> > > @"Wolfb.7025" said:

> > > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > I like Prime Light Beam. Love firing it into a group and just watch players flop.

> > >

> > > TIRO FINALE

> > >

> > >

> > > asdf, sadly I haven't seen other classes elite skills, but I'm in love with all the Holosmith has to offer. Prime Light Beam just looks so freakin cool.

> >

> > Yes! The only way you could make it any better would be by sticking it on a shark. Sharks with freaking laser beams, _that's_ cool.

>

> At this moment i ask myself if i am the only one who hot that reference.

Haha i got it too

The new daggerstorm has become my favourite.. it's basically a 4 sec invun+reflect that can dish out quite good damage. In wvw now, I love using it on a blob fight. Cast shadow flair in the centre, cast DS, port in the fray, count to 4, port back out, tag everything, safely enter stealth and watch the wxp roll in XD

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"calb.3128" said:

> > > @"Wolfb.7025" said:

> > > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > > I like Prime Light Beam. Love firing it into a group and just watch players flop.

> > >

> > > TIRO FINALE

> > >

> > >

> > > asdf, sadly I haven't seen other classes elite skills, but I'm in love with all the Holosmith has to offer. Prime Light Beam just looks so freakin cool.

> >

> > Yes! The only way you could make it any better would be by sticking it on a shark. Sharks with freaking laser beams, _that's_ cool.

>

> At this moment i ask myself if i am the only one who hot that reference.

Everyone knows what that’s from lol... AP