An Idea - Open Map PvP

Skullduggery.2517

> @"Skullduggery.2517" said:

> I've been thinking this for a while, but wouldn't it be nice to have an open world PvP or duel system?

> There are so many locations in the open world, be it the cities or in the field that would make great areas for a player vs player duel. I would love to see an option brought in where you could right click on the players name in local area chat and challenge them to a duel, to which if agreed to would turn both players hostile to each other, but no one else.

>

> Of late I've found that PvP has more or less died, with what used to be 60 odd rooms which you could join, reduced down to 2 or 3. I feel that open world duels might be the next step in the evolution of GW2's PvP.

Simply not, this game PvE is focused in player cooperation, Dueling and Pk in open map is for games where the players compete for resources/loot

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > No. Not interested at all. There are other MMOs for this type of thing. Please don't bring this to GW2

>

> Uhm how would that affect you at all? It would come with an autodecline feature anyways so I don’t get your issue. Just because you personally don’t want something you wouldn’t even be affected by shouldn’t mean others who would like this feature shouldn’t get it.

Why are you assuming there would be an autodecline feature? That isn't an automatic feature of MMORPG duelling systems. For example: SWTOR has duelling, but has no auto-decline for duels. And yes, sometimes in SWTOR there are people who won't take "no" for an answer and therefore spam you with requests. The one time that happened to me, I persuaded him to stop by simply announcing "Harassment" in /map after the sixth challenge in less than 30 seconds. He stopped and left me alone, although I did get some puzzled comments from people on the other side of the map. (For reference, I meant to use /say...)

> @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> I would really like to understand what's the reasoning for people to be against a proposal like this if (as said above):

>

> - You play if you want.

> - You'll not be ganked.

> - You have an option to auto-decline

>

> Stop being selfish. Let people have fun.

Your "fun" would come at the expense of most people and is completely redundant.

If you wanted an open map to pvp on, there's already WvW.

If you wanted to 1v1 there's already the guild hall for that.

How do you justify blowing money on creating, and then maintaining, open world pvp or dueling, especially when it's painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways?

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > I would really like to understand what's the reasoning for people to be against a proposal like this if (as said above):

> >

> > - You play if you want.

> > - You'll not be ganked.

> > - You have an option to auto-decline

> >

> > Stop being selfish. Let people have fun.

>

> Your "fun" would come at the expense of most people and is completely redundant.

>

> If you wanted an open map to pvp on, there's already WvW.

> If you wanted to 1v1 there's already the guild hall for that.

>

> How do you justify blowing money on creating, and then maintaining, open world pvp or dueling, especially when it's painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways?

Thank you.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > I would really like to understand what's the reasoning for people to be against a proposal like this if (as said above):

> >

> >

>

> Your "fun" would come at the expense of most people and is completely redundant.

>

>

> How do you justify blowing money on creating, and then maintaining, open world pvp or dueling, especially when it's painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways?

And how exactly does it cost any money to implement an interface for dueling which would take 5 minutes to create? No you can’t go dueling while waiting for a meta to start in a full map, if you got to the gh you will lose the instance of the map.

There is literally no effort to implement this therefore stop being so selfish and let people duel wherever they want in this world. I don’t like the wvw maps and I don’t even have a guild with a gh. Also I simply don’t want to do so because first of all when I want to duel a buddy or a random player while waiting for a metaevent to start I don’t wanna lose the map and I‘m in most cases not on the same wvw server.

Implementing an autodecline feature would definitely be mandatory in order to implement this though.

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > I would really like to understand what's the reasoning for people to be against a proposal like this if (as said above):

> > >

> > > - You play if you want.

> > > - You'll not be ganked.

> > > - You have an option to auto-decline

> > >

> > > Stop being selfish. Let people have fun.

> >

> > Your "fun" would come at the expense of most people and is completely redundant.

> >

> > If you wanted an open map to pvp on, there's already WvW.

> > If you wanted to 1v1 there's already the guild hall for that.

> >

> > How do you justify blowing money on creating, and then maintaining, open world pvp or dueling, especially when it's painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways?

>

> And how exactly does it cost any money to implement an interface for dueling which would take 5 minutes to create? No you can’t go dueling while waiting for a meta to start in a full map, if you got to the gh you will lose the instance of the map.

> There is literally no effort to implement this therefore stop being so selfish and let people duel wherever they want in this world. I don’t like the wvw maps and I don’t even have a guild with a gh. Also I simply don’t want to do so because first of all when I want to duel a buddy or a random player while waiting for a metaevent to start I don’t wanna lose the map and I‘m in most cases not on the same wvw server.

> Implementing an autodecline feature would definitely be mandatory in order to implement this though.

What fantasy world are you living in that this would be a 5 minute change?

It doesn’t necessarily cost them money but time and more useful changes from being implemented. You have to think bigger picture not from a design point but from a developers point of view.

This is a mini game in itself and is just a nice to have, not a must have. We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> >

> >

>

>

>

- Why it would be an expense for most people? Could you explain it a bit deeper?

- Where did you get the info that it is "painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways"?

My pov is tottally different on this, and i think it could attract A LOT more people to try pvp.

Man, just opt-out yourself from duels and everything will be fine for you.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > > I would really like to understand what's the reasoning for people to be against a proposal like this if (as said above):

> > > >

> > > > - You play if you want.

> > > > - You'll not be ganked.

> > > > - You have an option to auto-decline

> > > >

> > > > Stop being selfish. Let people have fun.

> > >

> > > Your "fun" would come at the expense of most people and is completely redundant.

> > >

> > > If you wanted an open map to pvp on, there's already WvW.

> > > If you wanted to 1v1 there's already the guild hall for that.

> > >

> > > How do you justify blowing money on creating, and then maintaining, open world pvp or dueling, especially when it's painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways?

> >

> > And how exactly does it cost any money to implement an interface for dueling which would take 5 minutes to create? No you can’t go dueling while waiting for a meta to start in a full map, if you got to the gh you will lose the instance of the map.

> > There is literally no effort to implement this therefore stop being so selfish and let people duel wherever they want in this world. I don’t like the wvw maps and I don’t even have a guild with a gh. Also I simply don’t want to do so because first of all when I want to duel a buddy or a random player while waiting for a metaevent to start I don’t wanna lose the map and I‘m in most cases not on the same wvw server.

> > Implementing an autodecline feature would definitely be mandatory in order to implement this though.

> What fantasy world are you living in that this would be a 5 minute change?

>

> It doesn’t necessarily cost them money but time and more useful changes from being implemented. You have to think bigger picture not from a design point but from a developers point of view.

>

> This is a mini game in itself and is just a nice to have, not a must have. We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough.

>

- A simple interface

- A flag system to change an ally to opponnent (that is already present in a lot of scenarios in the game, specially story mode).

What else is needed?

I agree, it's not a 5 min job. But it's clearly a job way simpler than most of the suggestions on this forums.

And till now no one could explain to my why this should NOT be implemented except for "i wouldn't play this", aka, selfishness

"We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough." -> The usual "my opinion is fact"...

> @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > > > I would really like to understand what's the reasoning for people to be against a proposal like this if (as said above):

> > > > >

> > > > > - You play if you want.

> > > > > - You'll not be ganked.

> > > > > - You have an option to auto-decline

> > > > >

> > > > > Stop being selfish. Let people have fun.

> > > >

> > > > Your "fun" would come at the expense of most people and is completely redundant.

> > > >

> > > > If you wanted an open map to pvp on, there's already WvW.

> > > > If you wanted to 1v1 there's already the guild hall for that.

> > > >

> > > > How do you justify blowing money on creating, and then maintaining, open world pvp or dueling, especially when it's painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways?

> > >

> > > And how exactly does it cost any money to implement an interface for dueling which would take 5 minutes to create? No you can’t go dueling while waiting for a meta to start in a full map, if you got to the gh you will lose the instance of the map.

> > > There is literally no effort to implement this therefore stop being so selfish and let people duel wherever they want in this world. I don’t like the wvw maps and I don’t even have a guild with a gh. Also I simply don’t want to do so because first of all when I want to duel a buddy or a random player while waiting for a metaevent to start I don’t wanna lose the map and I‘m in most cases not on the same wvw server.

> > > Implementing an autodecline feature would definitely be mandatory in order to implement this though.

> > What fantasy world are you living in that this would be a 5 minute change?

> >

> > It doesn’t necessarily cost them money but time and more useful changes from being implemented. You have to think bigger picture not from a design point but from a developers point of view.

> >

> > This is a mini game in itself and is just a nice to have, not a must have. We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough.

> >

>

> - A simple interface

> - A flag system to change an ally to opponnent (that is already present in a lot of scenarios in the game, specially story mode).

> What else is needed?

> I agree, it's not a 5 min job. But it's clearly a job way simpler than most of the suggestions on this forums.

> And till now no one could explain to my why this should NOT be implemented except for "i wouldn't play this", aka, selfishness

>

> "We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough." -> The usual "my opinion is fact"...

You’re way over simplifying it. Not all inclusive but you have to think about the rules of dueling, the confines of the dueling area, any zones prohibited... this is why I called it a mini-game. And you also have to think about the development side of such change: design, development, QA, art, ux... a lot of parties and thought process and work is involved other than saying “simple interface”.

I agree that this idea is “simpler” than most of the ideas here but beyond that, it boils down to what does it solve?

Your deductive reasoning skills are outstanding if you think what I wrote is fact. You’re not thinking objectively about this request. We already have ways of dueling in pvp and in pve (in guild halls and wvw) so I ask again, what does adding dueling everywhere solve that’s not already accessible in game?

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > > > > I would really like to understand what's the reasoning for people to be against a proposal like this if (as said above):

> > > > > >

> > > > > > - You play if you want.

> > > > > > - You'll not be ganked.

> > > > > > - You have an option to auto-decline

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Stop being selfish. Let people have fun.

> > > > >

> > > > > Your "fun" would come at the expense of most people and is completely redundant.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you wanted an open map to pvp on, there's already WvW.

> > > > > If you wanted to 1v1 there's already the guild hall for that.

> > > > >

> > > > > How do you justify blowing money on creating, and then maintaining, open world pvp or dueling, especially when it's painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways?

> > > >

> > > > And how exactly does it cost any money to implement an interface for dueling which would take 5 minutes to create? No you can’t go dueling while waiting for a meta to start in a full map, if you got to the gh you will lose the instance of the map.

> > > > There is literally no effort to implement this therefore stop being so selfish and let people duel wherever they want in this world. I don’t like the wvw maps and I don’t even have a guild with a gh. Also I simply don’t want to do so because first of all when I want to duel a buddy or a random player while waiting for a metaevent to start I don’t wanna lose the map and I‘m in most cases not on the same wvw server.

> > > > Implementing an autodecline feature would definitely be mandatory in order to implement this though.

> > > What fantasy world are you living in that this would be a 5 minute change?

> > >

> > > It doesn’t necessarily cost them money but time and more useful changes from being implemented. You have to think bigger picture not from a design point but from a developers point of view.

> > >

> > > This is a mini game in itself and is just a nice to have, not a must have. We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough.

> > >

> >

> > - A simple interface

> > - A flag system to change an ally to opponnent (that is already present in a lot of scenarios in the game, specially story mode).

> > What else is needed?

> > I agree, it's not a 5 min job. But it's clearly a job way simpler than most of the suggestions on this forums.

> > And till now no one could explain to my why this should NOT be implemented except for "i wouldn't play this", aka, selfishness

> >

> > "We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough." -> The usual "my opinion is fact"...

>

> You’re way over simplifying it. Not all inclusive but you have to think about the rules of dueling, the confines of the dueling area, any zones prohibited... this is why I called it a mini-game. And you also have to think about the development side of such change: design, development, QA, art, ux... a lot of parties and thought process and work is involved other than saying “simple interface”.

>

> I agree that this idea is “simpler” than most of the ideas here but beyond that, it boils down to what does it solve?

>

> Your deductive reasoning skills are outstanding if you think what I wrote is fact. You’re not thinking objectively about this request. We already have ways of dueling in pvp and in pve (in guild halls and wvw) so I ask again, what does adding dueling everywhere solve that’s not already accessible in game?

Nobody is asking for a mini game or anything. Literally all we asking for is a rightclick on the name: challenge to duel and literally all what happens is ally turns into opponent, no separate interface needed no rules at all needed no balance needed. Nothing. Just 1 extra option when rightclicking a characters name. Is that too much too ask for? And also is that such a problem for you to have in game? In the options menu would be an option to disable getting duel requests and everyone’s gucci. I always wanted this and a lot of other ppl to as well so why can’t we have it just because you wouldn’t use it?

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > > > > I would really like to understand what's the reasoning for people to be against a proposal like this if (as said above):

> > > > > >

> > > > > > - You play if you want.

> > > > > > - You'll not be ganked.

> > > > > > - You have an option to auto-decline

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Stop being selfish. Let people have fun.

> > > > >

> > > > > Your "fun" would come at the expense of most people and is completely redundant.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you wanted an open map to pvp on, there's already WvW.

> > > > > If you wanted to 1v1 there's already the guild hall for that.

> > > > >

> > > > > How do you justify blowing money on creating, and then maintaining, open world pvp or dueling, especially when it's painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways?

> > > >

> > > > And how exactly does it cost any money to implement an interface for dueling which would take 5 minutes to create? No you can’t go dueling while waiting for a meta to start in a full map, if you got to the gh you will lose the instance of the map.

> > > > There is literally no effort to implement this therefore stop being so selfish and let people duel wherever they want in this world. I don’t like the wvw maps and I don’t even have a guild with a gh. Also I simply don’t want to do so because first of all when I want to duel a buddy or a random player while waiting for a metaevent to start I don’t wanna lose the map and I‘m in most cases not on the same wvw server.

> > > > Implementing an autodecline feature would definitely be mandatory in order to implement this though.

> > > What fantasy world are you living in that this would be a 5 minute change?

> > >

> > > It doesn’t necessarily cost them money but time and more useful changes from being implemented. You have to think bigger picture not from a design point but from a developers point of view.

> > >

> > > This is a mini game in itself and is just a nice to have, not a must have. We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough.

> > >

> >

> > - A simple interface

> > - A flag system to change an ally to opponnent (that is already present in a lot of scenarios in the game, specially story mode).

> > What else is needed?

> > I agree, it's not a 5 min job. But it's clearly a job way simpler than most of the suggestions on this forums.

> > And till now no one could explain to my why this should NOT be implemented except for "i wouldn't play this", aka, selfishness

> >

> > "We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough." -> The usual "my opinion is fact"...

>

> You’re way over simplifying it. Not all inclusive but you have to think about the rules of dueling, the confines of the dueling area, any zones prohibited... this is why I called it a mini-game. And you also have to think about the development side of such change: design, development, QA, art, ux... a lot of parties and thought process and work is involved other than saying “simple interface”.

>

> I agree that this idea is “simpler” than most of the ideas here but beyond that, it boils down to what does it solve?

>

> Your deductive reasoning skills are outstanding if you think what I wrote is fact. You’re not thinking objectively about this request. We already have ways of dueling in pvp and in pve (in guild halls and wvw) so I ask again, what does adding dueling everywhere solve that’s not already accessible in game?

Also you quoted my comment where I literally answer your nonsense question of what that would add that’s not already ingame yet you ask again are u serious?

Read again

> @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > I would really like to understand what's the reasoning for people to be against a proposal like this if (as said above):

> > >

> > > - You play if you want.

> > > - You'll not be ganked.

> > > - You have an option to auto-decline

> > >

> > > Stop being selfish. Let people have fun.

> >

> > Your "fun" would come at the expense of most people and is completely redundant.

> >

> > If you wanted an open map to pvp on, there's already WvW.

> > If you wanted to 1v1 there's already the guild hall for that.

> >

> > How do you justify blowing money on creating, and then maintaining, open world pvp or dueling, especially when it's painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways?

>

> - Why it would be an expense for most people? Could you explain it a bit deeper?

> - Where did you get the info that it is "painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways"?

> My pov is tottally different on this, and i think it could attract A LOT more people to try pvp.

> Man, just opt-out yourself from duels and everything will be fine for you.

He's thinking about the PvE players who will opt out but won't think about all the WvW and PvP players that would opt in.

Any logical person would know this would make a lot of users happy and a lot of users unhappy...

Anyway.... Watching other people having fun hurts my eye balls so no to dueling and open world PvP... What we need is more Living Story episodes that they spend 3 months working on that I can finish in an hour or so, some more gem skins to look at and then go back to playing other games until next release. /s

Having an arena dueling system in the cities would be pretty awesome. Know someone mentioned it above, but Having spaces where players could log fights with eachother and surrounding players and put in a betting system would be freaking sweet. Heck, put it in the pvp lobby, or Obsidian Sanctum, although It would be cooler if you could use full gear builds instead of the pvp amulet system.

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > > > > > I would really like to understand what's the reasoning for people to be against a proposal like this if (as said above):

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > - You play if you want.

> > > > > > > - You'll not be ganked.

> > > > > > > - You have an option to auto-decline

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Stop being selfish. Let people have fun.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Your "fun" would come at the expense of most people and is completely redundant.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you wanted an open map to pvp on, there's already WvW.

> > > > > > If you wanted to 1v1 there's already the guild hall for that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How do you justify blowing money on creating, and then maintaining, open world pvp or dueling, especially when it's painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways?

> > > > >

> > > > > And how exactly does it cost any money to implement an interface for dueling which would take 5 minutes to create? No you can’t go dueling while waiting for a meta to start in a full map, if you got to the gh you will lose the instance of the map.

> > > > > There is literally no effort to implement this therefore stop being so selfish and let people duel wherever they want in this world. I don’t like the wvw maps and I don’t even have a guild with a gh. Also I simply don’t want to do so because first of all when I want to duel a buddy or a random player while waiting for a metaevent to start I don’t wanna lose the map and I‘m in most cases not on the same wvw server.

> > > > > Implementing an autodecline feature would definitely be mandatory in order to implement this though.

> > > > What fantasy world are you living in that this would be a 5 minute change?

> > > >

> > > > It doesn’t necessarily cost them money but time and more useful changes from being implemented. You have to think bigger picture not from a design point but from a developers point of view.

> > > >

> > > > This is a mini game in itself and is just a nice to have, not a must have. We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough.

> > > >

> > >

> > > - A simple interface

> > > - A flag system to change an ally to opponnent (that is already present in a lot of scenarios in the game, specially story mode).

> > > What else is needed?

> > > I agree, it's not a 5 min job. But it's clearly a job way simpler than most of the suggestions on this forums.

> > > And till now no one could explain to my why this should NOT be implemented except for "i wouldn't play this", aka, selfishness

> > >

> > > "We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough." -> The usual "my opinion is fact"...

> >

> > You’re way over simplifying it. Not all inclusive but you have to think about the rules of dueling, the confines of the dueling area, any zones prohibited... this is why I called it a mini-game. And you also have to think about the development side of such change: design, development, QA, art, ux... a lot of parties and thought process and work is involved other than saying “simple interface”.

> >

> > I agree that this idea is “simpler” than most of the ideas here but beyond that, it boils down to what does it solve?

> >

> > Your deductive reasoning skills are outstanding if you think what I wrote is fact. You’re not thinking objectively about this request. We already have ways of dueling in pvp and in pve (in guild halls and wvw) so I ask again, what does adding dueling everywhere solve that’s not already accessible in game?

>

> Nobody is asking for a mini game or anything. Literally all we asking for is a rightclick on the name: challenge to duel and literally all what happens is ally turns into opponent, no separate interface needed no rules at all needed no balance needed. Nothing. Just 1 extra option when rightclicking a characters name. Is that too much too ask for? And also is that such a problem for you to have in game? In the options menu would be an option to disable getting duel requests and everyone’s gucci. I always wanted this and a lot of other ppl to as well so why can’t we have it just because you wouldn’t use it?

EXACTLY! It's THAT simple! Thanks dude.

No dueling area, no prohibited zones, design of what? what art?

You'll use your PvE build, your PvE gear, everything.

You'll just have the option to fight anyone that wants to fight.

Come on, it can't be that hard to understand.

And to answer AGAIN the question: "so I ask again, what does adding dueling everywhere solve that’s not already accessible in game?"

It adds the possibility to duel EVERYWHERE, at anytime, with anyone who wants to do it. And it's nos accessible in game.

Imagine how players would be creative and adopt places on core tyria, for example, as "dueling zones" and i GUARANTEE you. It will make a lot more players look into pvp, maybe if it's just to watch, as entertainment.

There's just no downside for this. I'll repeat myself: don't be selfish.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > I would really like to understand what's the reasoning for people to be against a proposal like this if (as said above):

> > > >

> > > > - You play if you want.

> > > > - You'll not be ganked.

> > > > - You have an option to auto-decline

> > > >

> > > > Stop being selfish. Let people have fun.

> > >

> > > Your "fun" would come at the expense of most people and is completely redundant.

> > >

> > > If you wanted an open map to pvp on, there's already WvW.

> > > If you wanted to 1v1 there's already the guild hall for that.

> > >

> > > How do you justify blowing money on creating, and then maintaining, open world pvp or dueling, especially when it's painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways?

> >

> > - Why it would be an expense for most people? Could you explain it a bit deeper?

> > - Where did you get the info that it is "painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways"?

> > My pov is tottally different on this, and i think it could attract A LOT more people to try pvp.

> > Man, just opt-out yourself from duels and everything will be fine for you.

>

> He's thinking about the PvE players who will opt out but won't think about all the WvW and PvP players that would opt in.

> Any logical person would know this would make a lot of users happy and a lot of users unhappy...

>

> Anyway.... Watching other people having fun hurts my eye balls so no to dueling and open world PvP... What we need is more Living Story episodes that they spend 3 months working on that I can finish in an hour or so, some more gem skins to look at and then go back to playing other games until next release. /s

You. I like you.

And i would add that this will make the expression "Living Story" really worth of the significance, lol. You'll see HOW LIVING THIS WORLD WILL BE :D

My suggestion is that the option to disable getting duelrequests would be automatically on so players who don’t know about this couldn’t get spammed or anything (especially new players)

Then I would maybe suggest to be unable to start duels while being in combat and maybe set a cooldown for how often you can get a duel request from the same person to avoid even if you want to get duelrequests spamming. I think that’s all needed for this feature.

Also when you fully die in the duel you should get insta revived and the duel is over or it goes on until you cancel it I don’t mind ??‍♂️

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > > > > I would really like to understand what's the reasoning for people to be against a proposal like this if (as said above):

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Your "fun" would come at the expense of most people and is completely redundant.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How do you justify blowing money on creating, and then maintaining, open world pvp or dueling, especially when it's painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways?

> > > > >

> > > > > And how exactly does it cost any money to implement an interface for dueling which would take 5 minutes to create? No you can’t go dueling while waiting for a meta to start in a full map, if you got to the gh you will lose the instance of the map.

> > > > > There is literally no effort to implement this therefore stop being so selfish and let people duel wherever they want in this world. I don’t like the wvw maps and I don’t even have a guild with a gh. Also I simply don’t want to do so because first of all when I want to duel a buddy or a random player while waiting for a metaevent to start I don’t wanna lose the map and I‘m in most cases not on the same wvw server.

> > > > > Implementing an autodecline feature would definitely be mandatory in order to implement this though.

> > > > What fantasy world are you living in that this would be a 5 minute change?

> > > >

> > > > It doesn’t necessarily cost them money but time and more useful changes from being implemented. You have to think bigger picture not from a design point but from a developers point of view.

> > > >

> > > > This is a mini game in itself and is just a nice to have, not a must have. We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough.

> > > >

> > >

> > > - A flag system to change an ally to opponnent (that is already present in a lot of scenarios in the game, specially story mode).

> > > I agree, it's not a 5 min job. But it's clearly a job way simpler than most of the suggestions on this forums.

> > > And till now no one could explain to my why this should NOT be implemented except for "i wouldn't play this", aka, selfishness

> > >

> > > "We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough." -> The usual "my opinion is fact"...

> >

> > You’re way over simplifying it. Not all inclusive but you have to think about the rules of dueling, the confines of the dueling area, any zones prohibited... this is why I called it a mini-game. And you also have to think about the development side of such change: design, development, QA, art, ux... a lot of parties and thought process and work is involved other than saying “simple interface”.

> >

> > I agree that this idea is “simpler” than most of the ideas here but beyond that, it boils down to what does it solve?

> >

> > Your deductive reasoning skills are outstanding if you think what I wrote is fact. You’re not thinking objectively about this request. We already have ways of dueling in pvp and in pve (in guild halls and wvw) so I ask again, what does adding dueling everywhere solve that’s not already accessible in game?

>

> Nobody is asking for a mini game or anything. Literally all we asking for is a rightclick on the name: challenge to duel and literally all what happens is ally turns into opponent, no separate interface needed no rules at all needed no balance needed. Nothing. Just 1 extra option when rightclicking a characters name. Is that too much too ask for? And also is that such a problem for you to have in game? In the options menu would be an option to disable getting duel requests and everyone’s gucci. I always wanted this and a lot of other ppl to as well so why can’t we have it just because you wouldn’t use it?

It is a mini-game if you look at how it would need to be implemented. Because once again, you need to look at the whole picture rather than your narrow vision of "just duel anywhere, add a right-click option to ignore". There's way more that would go into implementing dueling in the open world that you're not grasping. I even gave you some points that would have to be taken into consideration for this but you're choosing to ignore it.

I honestly don't care for dueling but I'm not against it. But if you were to ask me if I'd want a meaningful update to pvp/wvw or add this a la carte item, I'm always going to go for the meaningful update.

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Also you quoted my comment where I literally answer your nonsense question of what that would add that’s not already ingame yet you ask again are u serious?

> Read again

Let me try to be a lot more clearer than because you're not understanding what I mean by what does this solve.

Before we can solve any problem we have to look at what the problem statement is. You're in the pvp subforum asking for dueling where dueling already exists in a world with rules that each play abides by. These rules consist of normalized stats through amulets, runes and sigils, the map(s) where you can fight, and within the confines of the spvp world. Look at the costume brawler mini-game where you drink a tonic, it turns you into a creature, and you fight with special skills. That's a type of mini-game that would be close to what dueling would be - there needs to be rules (and everything else I said earlier) around it that would have to be considered. To branch this out further, other zones were created for GvGs and dueling in obsidian sanctum, guild halls, and it still remains in WvW. So for now we can agree that dueling is widely accessible when you want to do it.

So back to what is really being asked... being able to duel anywhere in GW2 regardless of zone because you're bored on waiting on x event to happen. Your boredom from having to wait on someone(thing) being the driver on wanting open world duels is a really poor excuse on wanting something in game. Now if we didn't have anywhere to duel, or any acceptable place to duel, then yes I would agree that having an open world dueling mini-game should be taken into consideration because there wouldn't be any acceptable place to duel someone.

Open world dueling doesn't solve any widespread problem, doesn't bring back players, doesn't retain players, has literally zero value to a game other than filling a short window of down time for players. Considering this game is 6 years old, that's a hard sell to anyone to add as a feature to a game when living world is still priority, wvw alliances, and swiss style tournaments and eventually on demand tournaments are on the list of items they're working on.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > > > > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > > > > > > > I would really like to understand what's the reasoning for people to be against a proposal like this if (as said above):

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > - You play if you want.

> > > > > > > > - You'll not be ganked.

> > > > > > > > - You have an option to auto-decline

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Stop being selfish. Let people have fun.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Your "fun" would come at the expense of most people and is completely redundant.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you wanted an open map to pvp on, there's already WvW.

> > > > > > > If you wanted to 1v1 there's already the guild hall for that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How do you justify blowing money on creating, and then maintaining, open world pvp or dueling, especially when it's painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And how exactly does it cost any money to implement an interface for dueling which would take 5 minutes to create? No you can’t go dueling while waiting for a meta to start in a full map, if you got to the gh you will lose the instance of the map.

> > > > > > There is literally no effort to implement this therefore stop being so selfish and let people duel wherever they want in this world. I don’t like the wvw maps and I don’t even have a guild with a gh. Also I simply don’t want to do so because first of all when I want to duel a buddy or a random player while waiting for a metaevent to start I don’t wanna lose the map and I‘m in most cases not on the same wvw server.

> > > > > > Implementing an autodecline feature would definitely be mandatory in order to implement this though.

> > > > > What fantasy world are you living in that this would be a 5 minute change?

> > > > >

> > > > > It doesn’t necessarily cost them money but time and more useful changes from being implemented. You have to think bigger picture not from a design point but from a developers point of view.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is a mini game in itself and is just a nice to have, not a must have. We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > - A simple interface

> > > > - A flag system to change an ally to opponnent (that is already present in a lot of scenarios in the game, specially story mode).

> > > > What else is needed?

> > > > I agree, it's not a 5 min job. But it's clearly a job way simpler than most of the suggestions on this forums.

> > > > And till now no one could explain to my why this should NOT be implemented except for "i wouldn't play this", aka, selfishness

> > > >

> > > > "We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough." -> The usual "my opinion is fact"...

> > >

> > > You’re way over simplifying it. Not all inclusive but you have to think about the rules of dueling, the confines of the dueling area, any zones prohibited... this is why I called it a mini-game. And you also have to think about the development side of such change: design, development, QA, art, ux... a lot of parties and thought process and work is involved other than saying “simple interface”.

> > >

> > > I agree that this idea is “simpler” than most of the ideas here but beyond that, it boils down to what does it solve?

> > >

> > > Your deductive reasoning skills are outstanding if you think what I wrote is fact. You’re not thinking objectively about this request. We already have ways of dueling in pvp and in pve (in guild halls and wvw) so I ask again, what does adding dueling everywhere solve that’s not already accessible in game?

> >

> > Nobody is asking for a mini game or anything. Literally all we asking for is a rightclick on the name: challenge to duel and literally all what happens is ally turns into opponent, no separate interface needed no rules at all needed no balance needed. Nothing. Just 1 extra option when rightclicking a characters name. Is that too much too ask for? And also is that such a problem for you to have in game? In the options menu would be an option to disable getting duel requests and everyone’s gucci. I always wanted this and a lot of other ppl to as well so why can’t we have it just because you wouldn’t use it?

> It is a mini-game if you look at how it would need to be implemented. Because once again, you need to look at the whole picture rather than your narrow vision of "just duel anywhere, add a right-click option to ignore". There's way more that would go into implementing dueling in the open world that you're not grasping. I even gave you some points that would have to be taken into consideration for this but you're choosing to ignore it.

>

> I honestly don't care for dueling but I'm not against it. But if you were to ask me if I'd want a meaningful update to pvp/wvw or add this a la carte item, I'm always going to go for the meaningful update.

>

> > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > > > > > I would really like to understand what's the reasoning for people to be against a proposal like this if (as said above):

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Your "fun" would come at the expense of most people and is completely redundant.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How do you justify blowing money on creating, and then maintaining, open world pvp or dueling, especially when it's painfully obvious people will opt out of it anyways?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And how exactly does it cost any money to implement an interface for dueling which would take 5 minutes to create? No you can’t go dueling while waiting for a meta to start in a full map, if you got to the gh you will lose the instance of the map.

> > > > > > There is literally no effort to implement this therefore stop being so selfish and let people duel wherever they want in this world. I don’t like the wvw maps and I don’t even have a guild with a gh. Also I simply don’t want to do so because first of all when I want to duel a buddy or a random player while waiting for a metaevent to start I don’t wanna lose the map and I‘m in most cases not on the same wvw server.

> > > > > > Implementing an autodecline feature would definitely be mandatory in order to implement this though.

> > > > > What fantasy world are you living in that this would be a 5 minute change?

> > > > >

> > > > > It doesn’t necessarily cost them money but time and more useful changes from being implemented. You have to think bigger picture not from a design point but from a developers point of view.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is a mini game in itself and is just a nice to have, not a must have. We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > - A flag system to change an ally to opponnent (that is already present in a lot of scenarios in the game, specially story mode).

> > > > I agree, it's not a 5 min job. But it's clearly a job way simpler than most of the suggestions on this forums.

> > > > And till now no one could explain to my why this should NOT be implemented except for "i wouldn't play this", aka, selfishness

> > > >

> > > > "We have the tools already at our disposal to duel which at the moment are sufficient enough." -> The usual "my opinion is fact"...

> > >

> > > You’re way over simplifying it. Not all inclusive but you have to think about the rules of dueling, the confines of the dueling area, any zones prohibited... this is why I called it a mini-game. And you also have to think about the development side of such change: design, development, QA, art, ux... a lot of parties and thought process and work is involved other than saying “simple interface”.

> > >

> > > I agree that this idea is “simpler” than most of the ideas here but beyond that, it boils down to what does it solve?

> > >

> > > Your deductive reasoning skills are outstanding if you think what I wrote is fact. You’re not thinking objectively about this request. We already have ways of dueling in pvp and in pve (in guild halls and wvw) so I ask again, what does adding dueling everywhere solve that’s not already accessible in game?

> >

> > Also you quoted my comment where I literally answer your nonsense question of what that would add that’s not already ingame yet you ask again are u serious?

> > Read again

> Let me try to be a lot more clearer than because you're not understanding what I mean by what does this solve.

>

> Before we can solve any problem we have to look at what the problem statement is. You're in the pvp subforum asking for dueling where dueling already exists in a world with rules that each play abides by. These rules consist of normalized stats through amulets, runes and sigils, the map(s) where you can fight, and within the confines of the spvp world. Look at the costume brawler mini-game where you drink a tonic, it turns you into a creature, and you fight with special skills. That's a type of mini-game that would be close to what dueling would be - there needs to be rules (and everything else I said earlier) around it that would have to be considered. To branch this out further, other zones were created for GvGs and dueling in obsidian sanctum, guild halls, and it still remains in WvW. So for now we can agree that dueling is widely accessible when you want to do it.

>

> So back to what is really being asked... being able to duel anywhere in GW2 regardless of zone because you're bored on waiting on x event to happen. Your boredom from having to wait on someone(thing) being the driver on wanting open world duels is a really poor excuse on wanting something in game. Now if we didn't have anywhere to duel, or any acceptable place to duel, then yes I would agree that having an open world dueling mini-game should be taken into consideration because there wouldn't be any acceptable place to duel someone.

>

> Open world dueling doesn't solve any widespread problem, doesn't bring back players, doesn't retain players, has literally zero value to a game other than filling a short window of down time for players. Considering this game is 6 years old, that's a hard sell to anyone to add as a feature to a game when living world is still priority, wvw alliances, and swiss style tournaments and eventually on demand tournaments are on the list of items they're working on.

Can you stop talking all this bs? Sorry but this is way too much to read, didn’t even bother. However I read your last sentence and again wtf are you talking about? This isn’t supposed to be a or *the* new feature, it isn’t supposed to draw in any players from anywhere to do anything, it’s a simple QoL feature to get. No it’s no minigame it’s a simple addition when rightclicking a player. PERIOD

When will you get that this isn’t supposed to be a minigame/gamemode it’s not supposed to solve any problems ingame again it’s a simple QoL feature that doesn’t affect anything really.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Nobody is asking for a mini game or anything. Literally all we asking for is a rightclick on the name: challenge to duel and literally all what happens is ally turns into opponent, no separate interface needed no rules at all needed no balance needed. Nothing. Just 1 extra option when rightclicking a characters name. Is that too much too ask for? And also is that such a problem for you to have in game? In the options menu would be an option to disable getting duel requests and everyone’s gucci. I always wanted this and a lot of other ppl to as well so why can’t we have it just because you wouldn’t use it?

> It is a mini-game if you look at how it would need to be implemented. Because once again, you need to look at the whole picture rather than your narrow vision of "just duel anywhere, add a right-click option to ignore". There's way more that would go into implementing dueling in the open world that you're not grasping. I even gave you some points that would have to be taken into consideration for this but you're choosing to ignore it.

>

> I honestly don't care for dueling but I'm not against it. But if you were to ask me if I'd want a meaningful update to pvp/wvw or add this a la carte item, I'm always going to go for the meaningful update.

>

> > @"Nash.3974" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Also you quoted my comment where I literally answer your nonsense question of what that would add that’s not already ingame yet you ask again are u serious?

> > Read again

> Let me try to be a lot more clearer than because you're not understanding what I mean by what does this solve.

>

> Before we can solve any problem we have to look at what the problem statement is. You're in the pvp subforum asking for dueling where dueling already exists in a world with rules that each play abides by. These rules consist of normalized stats through amulets, runes and sigils, the map(s) where you can fight, and within the confines of the spvp world. Look at the costume brawler mini-game where you drink a tonic, it turns you into a creature, and you fight with special skills. That's a type of mini-game that would be close to what dueling would be - there needs to be rules (and everything else I said earlier) around it that would have to be considered. To branch this out further, other zones were created for GvGs and dueling in obsidian sanctum, guild halls, and it still remains in WvW. So for now we can agree that dueling is widely accessible when you want to do it.

>

> So back to what is really being asked... being able to duel anywhere in GW2 regardless of zone because you're bored on waiting on x event to happen. Your boredom from having to wait on someone(thing) being the driver on wanting open world duels is a really poor excuse on wanting something in game. Now if we didn't have anywhere to duel, or any acceptable place to duel, then yes I would agree that having an open world dueling mini-game should be taken into consideration because there wouldn't be any acceptable place to duel someone.

>

> Open world dueling doesn't solve any widespread problem, doesn't bring back players, doesn't retain players, has literally zero value to a game other than filling a short window of down time for players. Considering this game is 6 years old, that's a hard sell to anyone to add as a feature to a game when living world is still priority, wvw alliances, and swiss style tournaments and eventually on demand tournaments are on the list of items they're working on.

If you don't want to read/ exchange, you don't need a forum, you need a stage.

That's what you really wants?

You're talking non-sense because people here already specified how simple the feature itself is, but you keep adding things to make it sound like a burden to implement.

Hello, its me again.

Have been reading though the comments and found a mix of positive and negative views, though admittedly there is a lot more negatives. I am writing again to clarify why I thought about duels rather than WvW, Guild Hall Arenas or sticking with general PVP.

Starting with the guild hall area which many of you have mentioned or quoted, the reason I looked at duelling in the open world, is like I mentioned in my original post. The large number of stunningly beautiful locations in the guild wars 2 PvE maps , Dry Tops being one of my favourites. Yes there would be enemy NPCs, but the same can be said about WvW and PvP. I see this not as a problem, but as an opportunity, NPCs could be considered as moving traps to those who know how to utilise them, a knock back skill here to put the opposition into the NPC argo range, or using basics such as attacking once at range and then stealth to make it lose track of you.

While the guild hall has traps, I can't help but feel that they are a tad dull once you've played a few times.

Second up is World vs World, this is the reason I was fixated on duels or voluntary combat. I saw a lot of comments about it causing problems for other players getting caught up in it... just a small query but you did read the part about how they would need to be 'challenged' to the duel and how other players would remain non hostile to those dueling. Right?

The reason I am not really a fan of WvW is due to (while it may just be poor luck) the fact that I can't seem to go 10 minutes without being swamped but a group of 30+ characters and going from full health to dead on the ground in an instant. For those of you who take part in these large groups, know that I have nothing against you, but when I am trying to explore the world, getting the points of interests and vistas or doing a jumping puzzel, it does get rather annoying. Putting that aside, when I do go on WvW for the occasional daily, and I find a solo enemy player, I enjoy the 1v1s I have at that time. The number of times I have managed to complete a 1v1 fight however is vastly dwarfed by the number of times that I have been trampled to death by a swarm of players who seemingly popped out of nowhere.

This dislike of having PvP with stupidly large number of players is what makes me want to have a proper duelling system.

Coming in at Third we have PvP Arena/ maps. Probably the first thing we all think about when the topic of Player vs Player fights.

There is only 3 problems I have with the current PvP Arena/ maps.

- First of all I'm tired of fighting in the maps all the time, while I personally don't play PvP that much (and before you think 'why the hell is he on about duels then', keep reading), I can confidently say that I have been in most of the maps enough times to navigate the capture zones with my eyes closed.

- Secondly, Guild Wars 2 PvP has no real balancing when it comes to matches, my skill in PvP needs working on. I am more than happy to admit this, however how do you get better at something? You practice! And while trying out combos on the golems or NPCs outside the match maps can give you a basic understand, they have and probably will never prepare you for fighting a player. The best way to train in my experience is to fight with people on your own level, or a little above you.

But the issue I find is, that when you do get into a match, often enough players like me will be flattened by those with more experience. There is no way of finding someone with a similar skill level to you which you can either train with our just straight out fight with, duels could provide you with this opportunity, sure you might not find someone on your level the first time round, heck you might meet an expert and get flattened, but if you do find a training partner, it would be worth it. (I say this on experience, having had a friend in the past I grew stronger in PvP, that said I'm still average :L

- Lastly as I mentioned before, PvP seems to be a somewhat dead of late, with only a few matches open at any one time. I have been playing for a while now and I have never encountered such a situation before, I mean its not like I am the only one in the PvP lobby, I've been getting a slight about of lag due to the number of players crammed in there, but for some reason very few people are joining the general matches.

Lastly as Malafaia.8903 pointed out, PvP in the PvP lobby is made 'fair' due to the "normalized stats through amulets, runes and sigils" but I ask in turn, does this make it fun? When I started playing GW2, all those years ago, there was no such set up. Players PvP gear was 90% of the time, their PvE gear, with the exception of those who brought a second set for PvP. This lead to some rather interesting builds, you didn't need to have 6 of the same armour rune, if you wanted to use 4 of one set and two of another of 3 of each, so be it. In an attempt of making PvP 'fairer' the devs have cut down on the number of variations, this has resulted in a larger number of fixed builds, for example people can now say that for a condi warrior you want this, this and this. It lacks the chaos and unpredictability which you used to find. Open world duels could bring this back.

And to round it all off one of the things I would enjoy seeing in open world duels is racial abilities, for example the humans hellhounds, the Sylvari's tree of life healing skill or the Norn animal transformations. All of which are removed in the PvP Lobby and maps.

Thats all I have to say for now (and yes I know it was a lot, I do feel slightly sorry about that...)

Please continue to comment and give your opinions on my reasoning.