After 2nd Gen Legendary weps?

Considering Generation 2 Legendary Weapons are not even done (and will likely not have underwater weapons) and have taken over 3 years so far with massive reduction in scope to the journey of the precursors (which is nothing but a material sink by now for most), to assume a 3rd generation will ever happen is very very very optimistic.

The best bet as far as legendaries are concerned is that Arenanet will first finish up with all missing slots meaning:

- 2 legendary rings (1 of which only has a precursor at the moment)

- 1 more legendary accessory

- 1 legendary amulet

Once all these items are implemented and added speculation about future legendary gear can be made.

The reasonable answer: We will see. It's ready when it's ready. We don't know yet.

The wishful thinking answer: Sure they will continue straight with Gen3 as legendaries are long term motivating goals for many players that keep the game populated and the gemshop-money flowing.

The answer I think will be the correct one: When LS4 ends, Gen2 will be completed, three more legendaries missing from the set and assuming LS4 has 6 episodes makes this a safe guess. I think underwater will become more important in the future so after LS4, given ANet is in fact going directly from LS4 to LS5, we will get Gen2 UW-legendaries before they probably abandon legendary weapons and give us more trinkets. Like this everybody can get geared up in all legendaries and as soon as that's out of the way it's time to promote GW3 or GW-Mobile adventures, or GW-FB-Farmville or a GW pachinko machine.

I hope they focus on other legendary gear first. But if there will ever be a 3rd gen legendary weapon, I do hope they bring the old collections back. Gen 2 as it is now is extremely tedious

- No precursors on the tradingpost, has it's good and bad sides, but I can see how non-pve players get frustrated with the first 4 of gen 2 being forced pve gameplay they might not want to do.

- After the first 4, the legendaries became 100% a grindfest. All you do is gather up 3 types of materials, and pump a legendary out in no time at all.

- -Okay, the other precursor crafts have timegated materials, but atleast the little stories and origins behind the legendaries made the journey to get one so much more valueable!! They were so much fun to do!! I was looking forward to do a cool legendary story on shooshadoo and then I figured out it wasn't a cool story, it was nonstop making mithril ingots and pumping them into a shield.

I really think the way they changed those legendaries are a mistake. Me as a casual PvE player, absolutely want those precursor stories back. Again I can see how many non-pve players dont want this. but perhaps they could figure out a way to give us back the way to a precursor again with lore around it.. I really miss it so much.. It made me avoid making gen 2 legendaries all together..

They announced that new legendarys are going to happen for HOTs release. Its been how many years and theres still not done with them...i highly doubt they will start on a 3rd set when there done. If the time from for lengendarys is years whats the point. I main ele and my favorite playstyle is fa scepter/dagger/focus....we have no idea when they will drop the next one yet alone what it will be..but im sure we wont get the rest this year....i suspect well get the greatsword in 2019 Christmas. This year maybe the scepter. Im soooooooooo dissapointed by there lwgendaey schedual, specially when in the HOT advertisement all of them was supposed to be there.

> @"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:

> No i think they will continue to make legendaries and it doesnt have to be a weapon every time. they can do trinkets backpieces amulets and rings too. I won't be surprise if they even did another set of armor. I know what they said before but things always change and they are way more experienced now

1 armor piece per episode in S5

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> They announced that new legendarys are going to happen for HOTs release. Its been how many years and theres still not done with them...i highly doubt they will start on a 3rd set when there done. If the time from for lengendarys is years whats the point. I main ele and my favorite playstyle is fa scepter/dagger/focus....we have no idea when they will drop the next one yet alone what it will be..but im sure we wont get the rest this year....i suspect well get the greatsword in 2019 Christmas. This year maybe the scepter. Im soooooooooo dissapointed by there lwgendaey schedual, specially when in the HOT advertisement all of them was supposed to be there.

The Hot advertisment said the first 3 will arrive this date and then the rest over time.

> They announced that new legendarys are going to happen for HOTs release. Its been how many years and theres still not done with them...i highly doubt they will start on a 3rd set when there done. If the time from for lengendarys is years whats the point. I main ele and my favorite playstyle is fa scepter/dagger/focus....we have no idea when they will drop the next one yet alone what it will be..but im sure we wont get the rest this year....i suspect well get the greatsword in 2019 Christmas. This year maybe the scepter. Im soooooooooo dissapointed by there lwgendaey schedual, specially when in the HOT advertisement all of them was supposed to be there.

You're misinformed. There are three legendary weapon left with the next one most likely coming with the very next episode which has been the ongoing trend. If it's an episode every three months then we'd get another in January and the final one around April. I also suggest that you read back and find where it stated that **all** of them were supposed to be with HoT. How many more years do you think this game has? I'm pretty sure it can go at least another four and surely another set can be introduced within that time and especially since I'm sure players would start demanding one.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > They announced that new legendarys are going to happen for HOTs release. Its been how many years and theres still not done with them...i highly doubt they will start on a 3rd set when there done. If the time from for lengendarys is years whats the point. I main ele and my favorite playstyle is fa scepter/dagger/focus....we have no idea when they will drop the next one yet alone what it will be..but im sure we wont get the rest this year....i suspect well get the greatsword in 2019 Christmas. This year maybe the scepter. Im soooooooooo dissapointed by there lwgendaey schedual, specially when in the HOT advertisement all of them was supposed to be there.

>

> The Hot advertisment said the first 3 will arrive this date and then the rest over time.

Really? Mm i thought it said more them that....well even the 3 they mentioned was way past there date.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > They announced that new legendarys are going to happen for HOTs release. Its been how many years and theres still not done with them...i highly doubt they will start on a 3rd set when there done. If the time from for lengendarys is years whats the point. I main ele and my favorite playstyle is fa scepter/dagger/focus....we have no idea when they will drop the next one yet alone what it will be..but im sure we wont get the rest this year....i suspect well get the greatsword in 2019 Christmas. This year maybe the scepter. Im soooooooooo dissapointed by there lwgendaey schedual, specially when in the HOT advertisement all of them was supposed to be there.

>

> You're misinformed. There are three legendary weapon left with the next one most likely coming with the very next episode which has been the ongoing trend. If it's an episode every three months then we'd get another in January and the final one around April. I also suggest that you read back and find where it stated that **all** of them were supposed to be with HoT. How many more years do you think this game has? I'm pretty sure it can go at least another four and surely another set can be introduced within that time and especially since I'm sure players would start demanding one.

We didnt get a lendary with the last episode. So no hope from me with the next.

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > > They announced that new legendarys are going to happen for HOTs release. Its been how many years and theres still not done with them...i highly doubt they will start on a 3rd set when there done. If the time from for lengendarys is years whats the point. I main ele and my favorite playstyle is fa scepter/dagger/focus....we have no idea when they will drop the next one yet alone what it will be..but im sure we wont get the rest this year....i suspect well get the greatsword in 2019 Christmas. This year maybe the scepter. Im soooooooooo dissapointed by there lwgendaey schedual, specially when in the HOT advertisement all of them was supposed to be there.

> >

> > You're misinformed. There are three legendary weapon left with the next one most likely coming with the very next episode which has been the ongoing trend. If it's an episode every three months then we'd get another in January and the final one around April. I also suggest that you read back and find where it stated that **all** of them were supposed to be with HoT. How many more years do you think this game has? I'm pretty sure it can go at least another four and surely another set can be introduced within that time and especially since I'm sure players would start demanding one.

>

> We didnt get a lendary with the last episode. So no hope from me with the next.

Try again.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Verdarach

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long_Live_the_Lich#Legendary_Weapon

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > > > They announced that new legendarys are going to happen for HOTs release. Its been how many years and theres still not done with them...i highly doubt they will start on a 3rd set when there done. If the time from for lengendarys is years whats the point. I main ele and my favorite playstyle is fa scepter/dagger/focus....we have no idea when they will drop the next one yet alone what it will be..but im sure we wont get the rest this year....i suspect well get the greatsword in 2019 Christmas. This year maybe the scepter. Im soooooooooo dissapointed by there lwgendaey schedual, specially when in the HOT advertisement all of them was supposed to be there.

> > >

> > > You're misinformed. There are three legendary weapon left with the next one most likely coming with the very next episode which has been the ongoing trend. If it's an episode every three months then we'd get another in January and the final one around April. I also suggest that you read back and find where it stated that **all** of them were supposed to be with HoT. How many more years do you think this game has? I'm pretty sure it can go at least another four and surely another set can be introduced within that time and especially since I'm sure players would start demanding one.

> >

> > We didnt get a lendary with the last episode. So no hope from me with the next.

>

> Try again.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Verdarach

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long_Live_the_Lich#Legendary_Weapon

Wasnt that 2 episodes ago? W.e pointless topicto be talkin about im moving on. Theyll be out when ever thwy want them to be and we got no say in the matter.

Edit..im thinking of the special event and i guess that dont count as living world

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> > > > > They announced that new legendarys are going to happen for HOTs release. Its been how many years and theres still not done with them...i highly doubt they will start on a 3rd set when there done. If the time from for lengendarys is years whats the point. I main ele and my favorite playstyle is fa scepter/dagger/focus....we have no idea when they will drop the next one yet alone what it will be..but im sure we wont get the rest this year....i suspect well get the greatsword in 2019 Christmas. This year maybe the scepter. Im soooooooooo dissapointed by there lwgendaey schedual, specially when in the HOT advertisement all of them was supposed to be there.

> > > >

> > > > You're misinformed. There are three legendary weapon left with the next one most likely coming with the very next episode which has been the ongoing trend. If it's an episode every three months then we'd get another in January and the final one around April. I also suggest that you read back and find where it stated that **all** of them were supposed to be with HoT. How many more years do you think this game has? I'm pretty sure it can go at least another four and surely another set can be introduced within that time and especially since I'm sure players would start demanding one.

> > >

> > > We didnt get a lendary with the last episode. So no hope from me with the next.

> >

> > Try again.

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Verdarach

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long_Live_the_Lich#Legendary_Weapon

>

> Wasnt that 2 episodes ago? W.e pointless topicto be talkin about im moving on. Theyll be out when ever thwy want them to be and we got no say in the matter.

>

>

> Edit..im thinking of the special event and i guess that dont count as living world

So when you're proven wrong it's a pointless topic?

Yes, they'll be out when anet wants, but it's utterly ridiculous to pretend there isn't a very clear **and stated** schedule.

Every LW episode since S3E2 has come with at least one legendary weapon (S3E6 dropped two), and they have not launched a legendary weapon *outside* a LW episode since this pattern began. (C&C was before LS3).

PoF didn't add any (not being a LW episode), and they stated around the launch of PoF that they were comitted to adding legendaries with the Living World and would keep that going into season 4.

Combining some of the information available to us (noted above by @"Cyninja.2954", @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509", and @"Ayrilana.1396", among others):

* I will probably be nine months to a year before we hear anything about whether there's a third generation of legendary weapons or something comparable.

* It's going to be far longer than that before we have a full set of legendary trinkets, regardless of whether any (more of them) will involve raids.

We have three Gen2 legends remaining and a new LS episode coming up within a month. At the current 3-4 month cadence, that means it will be 8-9 months before completion of the 'set'. Given that ANet rarely comments on something until there's a solid plan _and_ existing content/features get a chance to shine, It seems likely that they'll do little more than hint that there's more to come, at least for 3-4 months. That means Fall 2019 before we know more.

Trinkets are harder to predict because we have only one ([Aurora](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aurora)). A [second](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Coalescence) has only offered a single collection, so that probably means it needs _at least_ a year unless the release pace of new raid wings accelerates or ANet compresses the next two collections into just one wing.

That doesn't mean that they can't release other legendary trinkets concurrently. Aurora required the release of LS3 before it could be completed, so let's go wild and assume that LS4 and LS5 will follow the same pattern. Assuming again the 3-4 month cadence, that's 5-6 months before we hear about an LS4 L-trinket and over a year before learning anything about an LS5 one.

That still leaves us missing a trinket, so it might be two years before we have a full set (assuming any of this Wild Asura Guessing is accurate).

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Considering Generation 2 Legendary Weapons are not even done (and will likely not have underwater weapons) and have taken over 3 years so far with massive reduction in scope to the journey of the precursors (which is nothing but a material sink by now for most), to assume a 3rd generation will ever happen is very very very optimistic.

>

> The best bet as far as legendaries are concerned is that Arenanet will first finish up with all missing slots meaning:

>

> - 2 legendary rings (1 of which only has a precursor at the moment)

> - 1 more legendary accessory

> - 1 legendary amulet

>

> Once all these items are implemented and added speculation about future legendary gear can be made.

They will definitely keep doing weapons. The economy needs mat/gold sinks, and Legendary weapons have been the most reliable of them. And unlike every other sink that was tied to a specific LS episode or expansion, these are available (and ultimately accessible) to all players, don't require doing something in a specific location, and is relevant with every new Espec to be introduced. Compare that to even Legendary armor, which is only relevant once, and immediately eliminates additional sinks beyond maybe getting a new rune set every 2-4 months (costing maybe 50g at most).

> @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> I like a new set of legendary armour that doesnt require raids to get. Could possibly be done with just Living World or fractals in PvE content. Theres a big barrier to overcome to get into raids for new players and the whole experience is not for some.

There are already 2 sets of legendary armor that do not require raids. One is via PvP and the other via WvW.

> @"polarbear.2497" said:

> > @"eldrjth.7384" said:

> > I like a new set of legendary armour that doesnt require raids to get. Could possibly be done with just Living World or fractals in PvE content. Theres a big barrier to overcome to get into raids for new players and the whole experience is not for some.

>

> There are already 2 sets of legendary armor that do not require raids. One is via PvP and the other via WvW.

He means a PVE version of armor that doesnt require raids, to which i agree.

My guess is that there will, at the very least, be another break between now and a potential third gen.

If Anet is moving toward wrapping up the game, there will be no third gen of course. This is the vibe I'm getting from the fact that the story is rapidly speeding up and there will be no expansion between LS seasons 4 and 5. I hope I'm wrong obviously.

But that said I don't see any reason to stop making legendary weapons. They're a very big part of the allure for many players, and their designs have been constantly praised. I can say for sure that they're one of my big reasons to play the game. The art is fantastic, and they really push the limits of weapon design.