Why doesn't anyone do Serpent's Ire?

Orimidu.9604

It's a meta event in Domain of Vabbi and pretty challenging--on the level of Temples in Orr. Is it too difficult, are the rewards too small, is everyone too busy getting a rather useless-unless-you-need-world-completion-and-are-super-rich griffon mount?

This event is all I need for my Grieving Gloves, and I can't finish the achievement because nobody is doing this thing.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the problem of Xedra, a branded hydra bounty. People outright refuse to do it when I LFG. There are just some things people aren't doing, and I can't understand why except that they have this Achievement Buzz thing going that cannot be diverted. For a meta thing to just go like that (also the Maw is a big meta) with no one really playing it . . . I don't know. Maybe it will settle soon once people have their achievement buzz in cool down.

I'm not doing much of any events. I'm too busy running hopping & jumping around (plus still working on story & masteries) to pay attention to events that aren't directly related to what I'm doing. (Although, I do admit I constantly digress into whatever things I run into.)

That said, I do notice that any time I or someone else pops a tag (mentor or commander), people will show up. I haven't even bothered to check out LFG, there have been enough /map requests so far.

In other words, if you link it, they will come.

Vabbi is the fifth and final map of the expansion, and I would hazard to guess that most players are still working their way through the earlier ones, or are still exploring Vabbi itself. Further, many players are motivated by extrinsic rewards, i.e. loot, and will likely be hesitant to take on anything challenging that doesn't have a guaranteed shiny at the end. Does the Serpent's Ire have great loot? Not many know, for now.

> @etsubmariner.4690 said:

> I've got the problem of Xedra, a branded hydra bounty. People outright refuse to do it when I LFG. There are just some things people aren't doing, and I can't understand why except that they have this Achievement Buzz thing going that cannot be diverted. For a meta thing to just go like that (also the Maw is a big meta) with no one really playing it . . . I don't know. Maybe it will settle soon once people have their achievement buzz in cool down.

Then I'll tell you why I straight out refuse to do it: supremely annoying mechanics that are not appropriate for the open world audience, and not fun. First the boss moves all over the place every 5s. A lot of melee classes rely on ground targeted aoes and these aoes don't follow the boss, so that's just frustrating. Then the boss charge attack also hits players on the side and behind it. Go figure... Then all AoEs are targeted so melee is a no-go zone due to meteors. So it's yet another forced ranged mode boss that zips around constantly with massive targeted area denial. Not fun. I don't mind having bosses moving but rather slowly or just once in a while, and I don't mind being forced to go range just not constantly, because the dps loss is insane as range is pretty much worthless for any class but ele. So ultimately, it's long, tedious, and since it hits like a truck you spend half the fight respawning people.That's my reasons, others may have different ones.

> @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> People don't do it because of the scaling. Now I've only ever done it when there were like 7 people in each group so maybe it's better when you have a full map.

>

> Other than the collection item, there's likely no reason to do it a second time unless you really really enjoyed it.

It's literally this.

The rewards are junk, the event scaling is worse.

There's 0 incentive to replay it so those that have done it, generally wont come back to it.

There is also a problem of a lack of players on the map. It is being speculated that low population caps or mounts taking up player space is a possible cause, but whatever the reason it is a widely reported issue right now which is causing a lot of events to fail or be unattended.

> @TexZero.7910 said:

> > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > People don't do it because of the scaling. Now I've only ever done it when there were like 7 people in each group so maybe it's better when you have a full map.

> >

> > Other than the collection item, there's likely no reason to do it a second time unless you really really enjoyed it.

>

> It's literally this.

>

> The rewards are junk, the event scaling is worse.

>

> There's 0 incentive to replay it so those that have done it, generally wont come back to it.

5 years and we still have scaling problems ... :/

Ive done it only once. The biggest issue might be that it takes around half an hour to complete (+ time spent before gathering on a map and organizing the squad) and gives seemingly the same rewards as a normal legendary bounty that can be done in 5 minutes. That said, the event was pretty fun and is probably the largest of the mini-metas we have in PoF.