Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> As messed up as this seems to be I think I'll for the Dulfy guide before trying to get my codes. ;)

Really no secret about doing it as far as guide is needed. It's the app causing the issue. I tried prob 50 times late morning before it worked. It's actually super easy to do, if the app would cooperate.

Here's the thing for me; I CAN actually log in. I can enter my login info for Instagram, but there's no way I can see for the app to retain it. My only options once logged in are to hit the "back" button where it says connect instagram. This seems to log me back out.

The other thing I see is I can log in USING my facebook info just fine. This also "flips" the Facebook toggle on the social media accounts page, indicating it recognizes the link.

Has anyone else run into the app not retaining (yes, allowing but not saving) the link? Or the bug where the only option after connecting IG is to reverse and log out?

> @"Izzykins.8624" said:

> Here's the thing for me; I CAN actually log in. I can enter my login info for Instagram, but there's no way I can see for the app to retain it. My only options once logged in are to hit the "back" button where it says connect instagram. This seems to log me back out.

>

> The other thing I see is I can log in USING my facebook info just fine. This also "flips" the Facebook toggle on the social media accounts page, indicating it recognizes the link.

> Has anyone else run into the app not retaining (yes, allowing but not saving) the link? Or the bug where the only option after connecting IG is to reverse and log out?

Once you successfully connect it takes you back to the app, profile page. And shows a green check next to your profile to show you're connected. Than you need to go back to social rewards and keep doing it till gw2 pops up (mine would say no rewards first few times) but kept trying and eventually rewards popped up.

> @"Stunzeed.4918" said:

> > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > As messed up as this seems to be I think I'll for the Dulfy guide before trying to get my codes. ;)

>

> Really no secret about doing it as far as guide is needed. It's the app causing the issue. I tried prob 50 times late morning before it worked. It's actually super easy to do, if the app would cooperate.

It was a joke based on all the feedback and people posting guides here and reddit. :D

> @"Izzykins.8624" said:

>

> > Once you successfully connect it takes you back to the app, profile page. And shows a green check next to your profile to show you're connected.

>

> Once connected it literally shows me my IG, never backs up to the app. I wonder whats different. :I

>

>

not sure, go back to check the app, under social rewards than profile and see if your connected, if not than it won't work. It will show on the app under profile when you are.

It was buggy for me, i won't lie. 50 or more tries wouldnt connected to social media, than finally it did, 5 more tries or so for rewards to show. Gw2 finally did, rejected first try, got it second time. I can only imagine some people's pain that been trying all day. I was surprised it worked for me at all. It's one of those things, ok got past stage 1, crap got 2 more to make it through.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"crashburntoo.7431" said:

> > Wow, glad I checked here first... pencil this one in for mid September attention.

>

> Unless they run out of codes. Some people are doing this over and over to amass alt accounts.

Well, I'm only interested in the outfit for my main account. I have one alt account, and it's hard enough to keep up with two accounts. I'm also a northern neighbour with questionable dairy practices, or so I've been told. I don't believe I qualify for any substantial prizes.

It saddens me that there are those that are able to and willing to take advantage of a promotion like this to stockpile alt accounts. The worst part is the potential to deny legitimate users from getting a code. I hope something is done to at least ensure that first time players get the Core Heroic Edition.

> @"Stunzeed.4918" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > @"Stunzeed.4918" said:

> > > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > > > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > > > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > > > > Wait, huh? How do I get the dragon shirt outfit?

> > > > >

> > > > > Use the code obtained by linked your media account in-KFT app, should be used in-game, in BL company "redeem code", special item code.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > So I need i get an app for some tea shop? Does it cost anything?

> > >

> > > It is free, download the kung fu tea app (free), follow instructions and put use your facebook, instragam or twitter (i believe) as you are prompted. If it fails, use the top menu button (top left of tea app) and hit social rewards and then profile and connect a account (this failed for me many times, but eventually worked). Once connected (you'll see your fb pic for instance in the profile under the tea app), go under rewards (social rewards again) gw2 should pop up. Click it and you will get a message under the social rewards/profile on the tea app. Takes a little but you'll get it. The outfit code is used in game under the gem store item redeem.It took me a a hour or so this morning, but it does work and have been enjoying the new outfit!

> >

> >

> > Great so now I have to join Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram? Why is this necessary in any way to get a code from an app about drinks?

>

> You know I can't answer that, nor can i argue your logic, i agree with you in the end. It is what it is though. It's not hard to make a fb twitter account if you really want the items. Can delete the profile after you get the items i'd imagine. Plus isn't the redeemable period longer than one day? If that is in fact the case than there is still time. Imo if you want the herotic or dragon shirt outfit (which prob wont be available for some time again) might be worth taking 10 mins to setup a account.

Yeah I suppose so, just wish they’d cut out the hassle of social media stuff. Anyway thanks for taking the time to answer my questions

> @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

> > > > @"Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921" said:

> > > > According to the promo you can do it online and Dulfy actually posted info. Anyone can do it, I've never even heard of that company. But just doing the link with your account gets you the outfit, bag, and boosters. Looks legit to me, if there are country restrictions that has to do with trade agreements and Anet isn't in control of that.

> > >

> > > Anyone who has such social media accounts. I don't have them and I don't live in the US. Sure, I could create trash accounts but I guess this is not how it should be. Promotions which could exclude a big number of customers are never a good thing. Some maybe don't want to link their accounts to a company they never heard of and they never will buy any product of becuase it's not even in their country. Like others said in this discussion: A company with more reach and international presence, for well, an international product (and that's what Guild Wars 2 is as you can play it from nearly all over the world), would a have been a better choice.

> >

> > Any promotion, "could exclude a big number of customers."

> >

> > Does that mean that companies should never have promotions?

>

> Well, depends on the dimension of big. If big could mean for example the entirety of Europe (there is no store in Europe and you can't enter the give away for GW2 Deluxe Edition, this is only limited to stores in the US besides them having stores in the US, Kanada, Australia and Vietnam). As others said here, the online giveaway doesn't seem to work... so, this shouldn't happen. IMO this is an example of a promotion that doesn't work in the favor of GW2.

The dimension of big, in most cases, seems to depend on whether or not the person complaining is included in the group.

Ultimately no one is losing anything. No players are suddenly getting less than they paid for so a promo that, potentially, makes a few players happy seems harmless to me. I do agree that it seems unlikely to do much for GW2 or Anet though.

After many hours of trying, I finally got the codes with Bluestacks, free mobile app emulator for PC because my phone is old and my Android version is not compatible with this app lol. So anyone without a proper smartphone should get Bluestacks but patience is required to actually get the codes. Good luck! :)

![](https://i.imgur.com/NMWamNb.jpg "")