Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so Gaile has explained why the KFT add was in the launcher globally. I appreciate that. Surely, someone at Anet proofread the Promotion before it was advertised? Why did the terms change 4 days in?

It comes to KFT to explain why they initially stated only the sweepstakes was US-only, and then changing the already brief terms 4 days in to be entirely US-only. Problem: KFT has stopped responding to questions via Social Media, even though they have a lot to answer for. Their last communication on Friday 7th said they “will update next week”, so I’ll be keeping tabs on KFT for this until Friday 14th, 14 days into the 30 day promotion... I’m not even a US resident, and I got the codes, weird right!

I now care if people in the US still want to get this poor promo to work, I’ll keep my eyes on Social Media for you and report back.

Continuation after the Lion's Arch Tea Party:

After what seemed to be an eternity, the Gods finally spoke to their faithful Tyrians, explaining that their words were meant for all of them, no matter where they resided.

Thus, they would be understood by all.

Yet, the blessings of the Gods, coming in the form of garb bearing the sign of an Elder Dragon and the feats to become heroic, were only meant for a select part of Tyrians, so it seems. This would later be referred to as The Great Schism.

OOC:

As it is, I'm not overly happy with ANet's 'Go ask KFT' mentality. They're letting us down. I hope there will be some compensation in the future for players that didn't receive the **things that were promised to them in exchange for social media access**. Because I did give access to a shady, widely unknown tea house that can't even handle an app (how are they supposed to handle all our data?!)... I delivered. Where are my promised codes? For me, this is a breach of contract.

I really, really hope that something will happen from ANet's side, because otherwise they are literally duping all of us non-US players.

And if that's the case... I can only say 'GG, ANet. If you don't value your non-US players, maybe another company does?'.

And before some of you say 'Dude, it's just a T-shirt.' - I know, and it's not about this shirt. I'll probably never wear it (or that profane armor) anyway. This is about feeling like second class despite non-US players representing a fair part of GW2's whole playerbase.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"fatihso.7258" said:

> > When do we get an update on the matter? Half month almost passed.

>

> Have you asked Kung Fu Tea? We're answering questions that are properly addressed to us, but cannot answer questions that need to addressed to the company that is hosting the promotion. I'm very sorry that we do not have answers to every question, but truly we do not.

It's starting to look like you're deflecting the blame to them over and over. These keys came from YOU to the game that YOU control. Saying that THEY were the ones controlling the giveaway is honestly ridiculous when everything came from YOU. You seem to be trying to imply that Kung Fu Tea is somehow in-control of everything and were the ones that changed the rules when anyone would know that it came from ANet, the people WHO GAVE THEM THE CODES.

Then you even try to say that you do these things by language and not by location.....SERIOUSLY? If that obvious lie was in any way true, then answer me this: Why wasn't it stated, FROM THE START, that everything was U.S only? Why was it added AFTERWARDS and every other language version of it quietly removed?

Also, since you only "answer questions properly addressed to us", try to find an answer for the U.S players that DID do this scam of a giveaway for their codes, after trying for hours, only for the codes to NOT EVEN WORK.

> @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > @"fatihso.7258" said:

> > > When do we get an update on the matter? Half month almost passed.

> >

> > Have you asked Kung Fu Tea? We're answering questions that are properly addressed to us, but cannot answer questions that need to addressed to the company that is hosting the promotion. I'm very sorry that we do not have answers to every question, but truly we do not.

>

> It's starting to look like you're deflecting the blame to them over and over. These keys came from YOU to the game that YOU control. Saying that THEY were the ones controlling the giveaway is honestly ridiculous when everything came from YOU. You seem to be trying to imply that Kung Fu Tea is somehow in-control of everything and were the ones that changed the rules when anyone would know that it came from ANet, the people WHO GAVE THEM THE CODES.

>

> Then you even try to say that you do these things by language and not by location.....SERIOUSLY? If that obvious lie was in any way true, then answer me this: Why wasn't it stated, FROM THE START, that everything was U.S only? Why was it added AFTERWARDS and every other language version of it quietly removed?

>

> Also, since you only "answer questions properly addressed to us", try to find an answer for the U.S players that DID do this scam of a giveaway for their codes, after trying for hours, only for the codes to NOT EVEN WORK.

yes and the data breaches.

>

> Have you asked Kung Fu Tea? We're answering questions that are properly addressed to us, but cannot answer questions that need to addressed to the company that is hosting the promotion. I'm very sorry that we do not have answers to every question, but truly we do not.

Hi there Gaile!

I have a question. Since you are Kung Fu Tea's partner on this promotion, could you ask them for us and then would you be able to post what they said here?

You do have communications with Kung Fu Tea, I assume?

> @"Daroon.1736" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > @"fatihso.7258" said:

> > > When do we get an update on the matter? Half month almost passed.

> >

> > Have you asked Kung Fu Tea? We're answering questions that are properly addressed to us, but cannot answer questions that need to addressed to the company that is hosting the promotion. I'm very sorry that we do not have answers to every question, but truly we do not.

>

> Here's a few question properly addressed to you:

> If so, How and why did the promotion details end up in GW2 the launcher for EU players and why did no one at Anet anticipate the inevitable negative reaction ?

Are you unable to read? Gaile explained how the launcher is language based and not location based. Everyone has the same launcher and it was translated into all languages because first of all the US has no official language and because all languages are always supported because why wouldn’t I be able to read the promotion in french (even though I live in the US) when I always play in French.

By the way if any EU players are curious I double checked this morning and there is no special process or wording to get your data deleted under GDPR. You just have to request it verbally or in writing. Since it seems we're no longer eligible to participate and allegedly never were I didn't see any reason to let KFT keep whatever information they might have on me, so I sent them this email earlier today:

_Dear Kung Fu Tea,

On Monday 3rd September 2018 I registered for and participated in your online cross-promotion with Arenanet to obtain Guild Wars 2 items. As part of this I linked my Facebook account to your app and granted permission for you to access information on Facebook.

I now understand that this was done under false pretences as it was not made clear to me at any point in the process that as a non-US resident I am not eligible to participate in this promotion and that I should not have expected to receive any items from it.

However as an EU citizen my data is covered by the new General Data Protection Regulations, which includes the 'right to erasure' - for consent to be removed at any time and data obtained under consent to be deleted. I wish to evoke this right now and therefore ask that you delete all data you hold related to this email address or my (Real Name) Facebook account.

Please confirm to me that this has been done.

Yours Sincerely,

Real Name_

I'll update if/when I get a reply.

(I'd already unlinked my Facebook account and the KFT app, via both Facebook and the app, deleted my social profile on the app and then deleted the app.)

Btw can you all stop coming at Gaile and stop being so demanding? She’s the person who’s the least responsible of anything ok? Also you don’t seem to understand English. She said a billion times now that anet isn’t in charge of the promotion and you keep blaming them. The launcher is *LANGUAGE* based not *LOCATION* we all have the same launcher, there is no US and EU launcher.

Stop demanding free outfits if you‘re not from the US.

The promotion wasn’t intended for EU as said a hundred times before so regarding the mistake they did, you should still not get free outfits.

Again mistakes have been done but you are just super angry and greedy over some pixels as if your lives depended on that.

Get over it, this doesn’t even affect the game or gameplay it’s literally just a cosmetic outfit you make such a drama about, it’s not like anet tries to increase level cap omegalul

The thing is, I don't believe it wasn't meant for non-US people. Everything, absolutely everything points toward the opposite. A week of silence on the entire matter doesn't do anything to inspire trust. Even if it was an actual (though unlikely) mistake, they're dealing with it in a manner that's questionable, possibly even illegal in some of the concerned territories. You can't change conditions after one of the parties in a transaction has fulfilled their part.

>

Thanks Gaile, that tells us a lot actually. It says that the fubar aspect of this is on them and anet's part is more of a cross-promotion to drive traffic to their app (and possibly sell them codes). Would that be correct?

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> And at the end of the day we weren’t ever supposed to be part of the promotion even if it took 4 days to figure this out so why should we demand something we weren’t able to get anyways because of a missunderstanding?

Because we did what was required of us to take part in the promotion at a time when it was actually open to us?

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> Not to mention but plenty of us US folks linked accounts and received nothing so far. We would like answers too!

They said they paused the promotion if you kept linking your accounts then it’s your fault because it’s been mentioned over and over again that it’s paused atm.

> @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> > @"banshee.9328" said:

> > I'll just leave this here:

> >

> >

> >

>

> Its not Anets problem, like Gaile says take it up with KFT!

You mean the KFT that refuse to answer question going back to it was always intended to be usa only even if we changed it 5 days into the promotion.

Whats with you pesky eu players cant you read minds you cat babies? (since if i wrote kitten you would think it was a bad word)

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> What I want to know is, if it was always meant to be US-only, why did it take no less than __four__ days to discover this mistake? Four days during which a great many people wasted many hours to get the app to work and provide their social media information, all to no avail.

At a guess it is that the promotion started on a Saturday and in the US that Monday was a holiday? Then given a short week both companies would have been short staffed to deal with unforseen issues the next week that involved cross communications with multiple departments? Not excusing the problem but since you wanted an explanation that would be the one I would assume.

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > What I want to know is, if it was always meant to be US-only, why did it take no less than __four__ days to discover this mistake? Four days during which a great many people wasted many hours to get the app to work and provide their social media information, all to no avail.

>

> At a guess it is that the promotion started on a Saturday and in the US that Monday was a holiday? Then given a short week both companies would have been short staffed to deal with unforseen issues the next week that involved cross communications with multiple departments? Not excusing the problem but since you wanted an explanation that would be the one I would assume.

Pretty much this.

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> > @"Etria.3642" said:

> > Not to mention but plenty of us US folks linked accounts and received nothing so far. We would like answers too!

>

> They said they paused the promotion if you kept linking your accounts then it’s your fault because it’s been mentioned over and over again that it’s paused atm.

A lot of people all over the world linked their accounts in the 4 days _before_ it was paused and before they changed the terms to say US-only, but didn't get anything because it wasn't working properly. They were following the instructions which were given at the time with no reason to assume it wouldn't work, except for the high levels of traffic which KFT told us was just a matter of continuing to try until you get through. They did not mention at any point that it was only open to US residents until after the promotion was paused.

Other people, again all over the world, did get codes and were able to use them even if they aren't in the US and aren't on the NA server. Which also reinforced the idea that it was only the in-store sweepstakes that's restricted to the USA.

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> Btw can you all stop coming at Gaile and stop being so demanding? She’s the person who’s the least responsible of anything ok? Also you don’t seem to understand English.

She is community manager. She and ANet should be trying to get answers from KFT for their players. It's promo from both, ANet and KFT, they should not just wash their hands and say "we have nothing to do with it, ask KFT"

> She said a billion times now that anet isn’t in charge of the promotion and you keep blaming them.

But they are part of it, supplying codes and all that stuff. I'm pretty sure they have say in this. They should be trying to resolve this for their players' sake.

> Stop demanding free outfits if you‘re not from the US.

> The promotion wasn’t intended for EU as said a hundred times before so regarding the mistake they did, you should still not get free outfits.

Some people are just tired of being 2nd class citizens especially when they charge us the same as US players. If they made a mistake, they should own up to it.

> Again mistakes have been done but you are just super angry and greedy over some pixels as if your lives depended on that.

> Get over it, this doesn’t even affect the game or gameplay it’s literally just a cosmetic outfit you make such a drama about

At this point it's about how they treat their, especially EU, customers, that probably make around 40% of their total playerbase.

> it’s not like anet tries to increase level cap omegalul

I wouldn't care if they did.

> @"Nash.3974" said:

> Btw can you all stop coming at Gaile and stop being so demanding? She’s the person who’s the least responsible of anything ok? Also you don’t seem to understand English. She said a billion times now that anet isn’t in charge of the promotion and you keep blaming them. The launcher is *LANGUAGE* based not *LOCATION* we all have the same launcher, there is no US and EU launcher.

> Stop demanding free outfits if you‘re not from the US.

> The promotion wasn’t intended for EU as said a hundred times before so regarding the mistake they did, you should still not get free outfits.

> Again mistakes have been done but you are just super angry and greedy over some pixels as if your lives depended on that.

> Get over it, this doesn’t even affect the game or gameplay it’s literally just a cosmetic outfit you make such a drama about, it’s not like anet tries to increase level cap omegalul

I do agree people should lay of Gaile but we do not know about the original intent of who gets the outfit. KFT has made a claim that goes against the facts on their own site. Anet has stayed mum about it but strongly implied that it is the KFT part of the deal on who gets it.