Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"AkiMakura.6754" said:

> Seems like a missed opportunity to not have the promo have a Kung Fu Tea Outfit instead. They could have just retextured the GW2 shirt Outfit with a Kung Fu Tea logo, or a picture of a character drinking bubble tea or something. Would have made the promotion rewards more iconic and representative of the company actually doing the promotion.

This would have been kinda neat, and an easy item to change for future things like that, just change the T-Shirt logo. Kinda like all the variety of Ts they have in (T)SW(L).

Edit: I didn't particularly 'want' the dragon emblem on my T-Shirt, I just wanted something with my shorts that wasn't Kramer's pirate shirt! :lol: Sadly, the boots are still a bit big for my taste. Was hoping for something smaller. Plus, the shorts were always a bit busy in places.

There are lots of fun things they could do with clothing that will never happen. And that's fine. I've accepted my today voice. :no_mouth:

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Maybe, would be more efficient to complain on KFT website instead of GW2? https://www.kungfutea.com/contact-us/ or in app, customer service -> don't see my question or better: support@thelevelup.com

I already did leave feedback, but if their support is as tiny as their server capacity, it'll be November before they get back to me...

Yeah, the implementation is horrible. Like, ok, I guess I can suck it up and make a facebook account. Now, locked out of that too because it's "suspicious". Facebook can get back to me eventually if they like my photo. What the hell are they gonna compare it to, it's a new account. Twitter still doesn't show as a choice. /sigh

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > Wait, huh? How do I get the dragon shirt outfit?

> >

> > Use the code obtained by linked your media account in-KFT app, should be used in-game, in BL company "redeem code", special item code.

>

>

> So I need i get an app for some tea shop? Does it cost anything?

It is free, download the kung fu tea app (free), follow instructions and put use your facebook, instragam or twitter (i believe) as you are prompted. If it fails, use the top menu button (top left of tea app) and hit social rewards and then profile and connect a account (this failed for me many times, but eventually worked). Once connected (you'll see your fb pic for instance in the profile under the tea app), go under rewards (social rewards again) gw2 should pop up. Click it and you will get a message under the social rewards/profile on the tea app. Takes a little but you'll get it. The outfit code is used in game under the gem store item redeem.It took me a a hour or so this morning, but it does work and have been enjoying the new outfit!

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> I could not even connect my already existing facebook account with the app. It keeps saying "Something went wrong. Please try again later".

This. I can't get my instagram to connect at all. For a promo, poorly thought out. They could have gotten better results just doing a twitch promo of the game with a stream of the creators talking about mundane stuff like who's is whose favorite and whatnot.

For those experiencing this frustrating kitten-show:

_For in-app issues please direct your messages to support@thelevelup.com._

> @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> It is nothing but disheartening to see how many of us are trying to get the promotion without any luck, while a few have made dozens of accounts before collapsing the system only to exploit it at the expense of everyone else.

Yeah. I'm checking reddit now and some kitten is on there bragging about having 20+ accounts from this promotion. I can't imagine the codes available are unlimited so it's a bit rude to do this more than once and even more so to then brag about it.

> It is nothing but disheartening to see how many of us are trying to get the promotion without any luck, while a few have made dozens of accounts before collapsing the system only to exploit it at the expense of everyone else.

It really is. One, I don't know why they chose such a small chain (the closest one to me is 84 miles away) to do a promo with (my guess is they were willing to do it for cheap) and two, they really didn't plan this out for exploiters at all. The only thing I want is that heroic bundle code and after trying and trying to get the app to work, I'm seriously starting to consider of just looking for the code online. I want to do this legit like I've done with other promos but this is just a frustrating pile of charred sardines.

And yet, it feels so typical of Arenanet to have it work that way.

> @"NicholaLord.2630" said:

> I have linked both FB and Insta, I can access both pages via the Tea app, But when I goto social rewards - It says there are none, ive tied to relog this page 100s of times... Still none

that's half the battle getting logged in, I kept my app open after finally getting logged in, took me many of times reloading the rewards (staying logged in). Thankfully it finally came up. I figured it be easier as the day went on, only seems that it got worse though. Have to keep trying, annoying as it is.

At this point anet should just giveaway to everybody the outfit and the heroic thingy. I've been trying all DAY, literally. Since 7:00AM (EU) I tried on different phones and different acounts, tried with fb and instagram but nothing is working.

It's not fair that only few people are getting it and some of them abusing on the system and selling the codes for real money... while me, after hours of trying, still coundn't get a single code. It's so frustrating.

Anet, next time just find a better parnetship.

EDIT: By the way, it would be nice if Anet tell us if the codes are unlimited or not, so at least I could rest and try whatever other day of the month in case they are.

Congrats to everyone who got this thing to work! :) I think I'm done. The part of the promotion that really appealed to me was the themed drink, you know, the whole novel-tea of it. I haven't had bubble tea in a year and a half. So I'm going to head to one of our local chains this weekend and make up my own GW2 drink.

Maybe a sour apple + jelly drink: Tybalt's Whispering Refresher. Or a straw or blueberry + boba thing: The Pact's Omnom Orrian Pearl Spritzer. Something like that. Then maybe scotch tape a GW2 logo to the cup and call it a day.

> @"Stunzeed.4918" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > > Wait, huh? How do I get the dragon shirt outfit?

> > >

> > > Use the code obtained by linked your media account in-KFT app, should be used in-game, in BL company "redeem code", special item code.

> >

> >

> > So I need i get an app for some tea shop? Does it cost anything?

>

> It is free, download the kung fu tea app (free), follow instructions and put use your facebook, instragam or twitter (i believe) as you are prompted. If it fails, use the top menu button (top left of tea app) and hit social rewards and then profile and connect a account (this failed for me many times, but eventually worked). Once connected (you'll see your fb pic for instance in the profile under the tea app), go under rewards (social rewards again) gw2 should pop up. Click it and you will get a message under the social rewards/profile on the tea app. Takes a little but you'll get it. The outfit code is used in game under the gem store item redeem.It took me a a hour or so this morning, but it does work and have been enjoying the new outfit!

Great so now I have to join Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram? Why is this necessary in any way to get a code from an app about drinks?

Okay, I give up. @Gaile Gray.6029 or anybody that can do anything. Please answer our questions about if the codes are limited and if there are any plans at all to fix this promo? Basically this Kung Fu Tea app is getting bombarded with one star reviews and you can't even link twitter to the app now despite the sweepstakes saying you can.

https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes

Next time you do a promo, why don't you just do a twitch livestream one instead? Less headaches all around.

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Stunzeed.4918" said:

> > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > > > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > > > Wait, huh? How do I get the dragon shirt outfit?

> > > >

> > > > Use the code obtained by linked your media account in-KFT app, should be used in-game, in BL company "redeem code", special item code.

> > >

> > >

> > > So I need i get an app for some tea shop? Does it cost anything?

> >

> > It is free, download the kung fu tea app (free), follow instructions and put use your facebook, instragam or twitter (i believe) as you are prompted. If it fails, use the top menu button (top left of tea app) and hit social rewards and then profile and connect a account (this failed for me many times, but eventually worked). Once connected (you'll see your fb pic for instance in the profile under the tea app), go under rewards (social rewards again) gw2 should pop up. Click it and you will get a message under the social rewards/profile on the tea app. Takes a little but you'll get it. The outfit code is used in game under the gem store item redeem.It took me a a hour or so this morning, but it does work and have been enjoying the new outfit!

>

>

> Great so now I have to join Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram? Why is this necessary in any way to get a code from an app about drinks?

You know I can't answer that, nor can i argue your logic, i agree with you in the end. It is what it is though. It's not hard to make a fb twitter account if you really want the items. Can delete the profile after you get the items i'd imagine. Plus isn't the redeemable period longer than one day? If that is in fact the case than there is still time. Imo if you want the herotic or dragon shirt outfit (which prob wont be available for some time again) might be worth taking 10 mins to setup a account.