Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

Yeah the whole thing is glitched up. The app finally synced with Instagram after a number of tries. Under the "social rewards" tab the image appears to load, but no actual image appears... Then you leave the page and come back you get "there are no rewards available right now. please check back later"...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"AmisAmai.5329" said:

> Signed up, didn't work initially and then got sent 3 codes for the heroic additon and none for the actual dragon emblem outfit thing and now all the messages with codes are gone.

> I appreciate Anet breaking out and trying to give us lil promos and gifts but this is honestly a wreck since the app being used bugs out, crashes repeatedly and then doesn't work as advertised... Not to mention the other half of the rewards (the deluxe edition of the game) happens to be US only. What about the rest of the fanbase that play your game, Anet? There's people in places other than the US.

The app itself is buggy as anything. I was unable to get the list of locations near me to work. I did not even try selecting the menu because I was worried with that record it would probably decide I had bought a gift card or something.

New 'upgraded to paid status' accounts, whether new account or no matter how long the Play4Free account has been active, always have the same restrictions.

Of course creating/upgrading _one_ account isn't going to get your account terminated. One has never been a 'bunch'.

Also, in that same Reddit thread, Chris Cleary stated that it was fine to give away the promotion codes to other players.

> @"Lost Dimension.9014" said:

> Can someone confirm? Does heroic code works for anyone else? It says the code is not recognized in the database. Only the dragon emblem t shirt works.

It worked for me (although it only gave me a scroll for 4,000 Influence for my guild, possibly because I had already gotten the Heroic Edition upgrade through the HoT beta bug). But you have to make sure you put the code in exactly right. The first time I tried it was saying the code wasn't recognised and I had to double check all of it - then realised I'd put in an M instead of an N. After that it worked.

> @"Abraxxus.8971" said:

> I finally got my FB account to link to the KFT app only to have the free rewards not listed in the social rewards tab. Just the $5 sweepstakes show up.

That happened to me. Keep refreshing the rewards tab and it will show up eventually.

> @"Deimos.4263" said:

> Well...I feel like I'm making progress in the app. I got to the claim your reward and the whole thing crashing multiple times, and now the reward has gone away completely....but still no message with a code in it.

That happened to me too. I restarted the app and refreshed the social rewards tab and the messages were back.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> It worked for me (although it only gave me a scroll for 4,000 Influence for my guild

It's kinda funny that they're including Influence at this point. It's completely deprecated!

From wiki: "Currently Influence can be exchanged for Favor by speaking with Ronald Lefleur in Guild Initiative Headquarters in Lion's Arch (only if your guild has 10,000 influence or more)."

> > @"Abraxxus.8971" said:

> > I finally got my FB account to link to the KFT app only to have the free rewards not listed in the social rewards tab. Just the $5 sweepstakes show up.

>

> That happened to me. Keep refreshing the rewards tab and it will show up eventually.

>

I have no rewards showing up now.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I finally got it to work while sat in the train station using their free WiFi. (Probably a coincidence that's where it worked, I was just killing time going between the app and debating the history of witchcraft on Twitter.)

>

> Signed into both my accounts on the GW2 site to apply the codes, now I just have to wait until I get home to make sure they work.

>

> I didn't have to do anything special to get it working, just trying the same steps over and over until it finally connected. Had a stressful moment when it said I had the codes then suddenly said I had no messages, but I restarted the app and they were back.

Thanks to this comment i found the solution ! Thanks a lot @"Danikat.8537" ;)

Here's my story, let me explain how i did :

1- Download the app, from France, add my FB account and my twitter account. Because of crash and bugs, i finally had to check far deep in my memory to remember my id with instagram. So i linked my 3 (not used that much) social accounts (and yes, i don't care to give Kung Fu Tea some of my "private" informations. They offer me a gift, so i accept to offer them the right to spam me. xD

2- After the hell loop of double FB link in the app, i finally could "click" on the free GW2 offer. It just appeared after a lot of reset in my phone screen.

3- I claimed my free stuffs. Once... crash. Twice... crash. and i tried again and again and again and .... every single try was a crash of the app.

4- Finally today "few" messages appeared in the social email box (inside the app). The app gave me a number of messages but i couldn't see them.

5- I refreshed the inbox, once... twice... again and again and again ...

6- Finally, i had my outfit code worked ingame and the heroic edition code here, in the official website.

Thank you very much Anet for this, even if it was a real mess. xD

Thank you very much Kung Fu Tea, for this, even if i'm not a USA citizen and ... even if it was a real mess. xD

Now, i'm waiting to know if i can make gifts with my others codes. Crossing fingers for a big official Yes ! <3

Happy Birthday GW2 ! Thanks for these eleven years with you.

I hope this post can help people.

Got my answer from reddit :

Yeah ! o/ My guildies we'll be sooooooooooooooooo happy ! I am happy ! Thank you soooooooooooooo much !

For sure i won't stop supporting you buying gems and playing your game. You're the best !

I've gotten a message with codes, but can't scroll it down (running on an Ipad) to see the outfit code (I've redeemed the Heroic Edition code). Anyone else have this trouble?

I even tried to send a message to customer support, but the msg system pops the virtual keyboard on top of the msg area, so I can't see what I'm typing. (!) Then I can't get rid of the keyboard to send the msg. Interesting app....

I really would like to have a clarification from ArenaNet about that banning stuff. They said on reddit that they're only banning **new** accounts by those who **heavily** abuse the promotion. Does that mean I can use **one** code on **one (!)** new account since the code would be useless on my existing account? Can you help us here, @"Gaile Gray.6029" ? Some clarification would be appreciated.

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > How do people seem to be getting the heroic code without actually doing the whole "take a picture with our GW2-themed drink" part?

>

> That is for the sweepstakes for Deluxe editions. The Heroic code and outfit is just for connecting the app to social media, that is if or when the app works.

Oh? I could've sworn it originally said the heroic code was for the picture and the free thing was the outfit. I'm getting Mandela Effects here, my bad.

> @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> How do people seem to be getting the heroic code without actually doing the whole "take a picture with our GW2-themed drink" part?

Taking a picture of a drink is to be entered into a daily prize draw to win a Deluxe edition of HoT and PoF. The Heroic Edition comes from a code you get through the app, like the dragon outfit.

I have downloaded the app, stopped by KFT, tried out a slushie, noticed that they seem to carry a few board games in thier stores for local use, but everytime I try to connect to facebook, all it get is "Something went wrong, please try again later." I would like to receive the heroic edition code, not for myself, but for a guildmate in Brazil, that is free to play currently and of course does not have a KFT nearby. How are people getting past the something went wrong screen.... ?

> @"EinBin.1934" said:

> I am finally did it and got 4 messages with 8 codes in total and this whole situation left me thinking: what should i do with them? Are bans still happening if i'l share spare codes with my friends or everything will proceed normaly, without and bans?

> Any ideas about this?

They probably disabled the heroic edition codes. At least I can't use mine. They don't really care about the outfit though I guess.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"EinBin.1934" said:

> > I am finally did it and got 4 messages with 8 codes in total and this whole situation left me thinking: what should i do with them? Are bans still happening if i'l share spare codes with my friends or everything will proceed normaly, without and bans?

> > Any ideas about this?

>

> They probably disabled the heroic edition codes. At least I can't use mine. They don't really care about the outfit though I guess.

Just activated both of my codes from one message, though i've already had heroic edition rewards before, i've got them again. Check again, maybe you write something wrong?

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"EinBin.1934" said:

> > I am finally did it and got 4 messages with 8 codes in total and this whole situation left me thinking: what should i do with them? Are bans still happening if i'l share spare codes with my friends or everything will proceed normaly, without and bans?

> > Any ideas about this?

>

> They probably disabled the heroic edition codes. At least I can't use mine. They don't really care about the outfit though I guess.

I used mine about 2 hours ago and it worked. You have to put it in exactly right though, the first time I tried I had one letter wrong and it told me the code was invalid.

So they are disabling half the giveaway? and no one has bothered to come on here or reddit and actually explain what is going on?

Meanwhile I logged in to discover that my Instagram linking was now active but cannot see actual rewards anywhere on the app? ( im using an emulator if that makes a difference) if I click on rewards it just states there nothing here....