Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > @"Zaxares.5419" said:

> > > Was there any information released about whether people outside of the US would still be eligible to get the outfit? That's really all I'm concerned about. The bonus armor skin, bag and boosters would be nice, but I've already got the 3 armor skins and I can live without the other goodies.

> >

> > Read the update KFT put out, that has been posted here in the previous page...

> > **“Note: This campaign is limited to those located in the U.S. only.”**

> >

> > Redditors will more than likely find a work around for it.*

> >

> > *Maybe.

>

> Trivial. Just use a VPN to the US. If you want to go for extra points put your location as the US in your linked account this month.

>

They are requiring you to turn on location services in the app, which means your phone needs to be physically in the US so unless someone comes out with a way to defeat GPS/Location services it's not going to be that easy.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you know how these days everything is "America first". Right? :p

But seriously really, after they switched the terms to US only I didnt think they suddenly would account for EU and non US accounts, even if previously connected. They obviously couldnt manage it, so I really doubt they could now.

Ofcourse, it could be they want players to start a US player-Non US player buddy exchange program so everyone outside of the US will get teamed up with one USbuddy to get a code. Who knows.

> @"ShiningSquirrel.3751" said:

> They are requiring you to turn on location services in the app, which means your phone needs to be physically in the US so unless someone comes out with a way to defeat GPS/Location services it's not going to be that easy.

There's an app for that, or if you're using an emulator, it's a built-in feature. Unless they're planning on limiting it to 1 per IP, there was no reason for them to do this.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> The Kung Fu Tea promotion has been resumed. Please see the [Kung Fu Tea blog](https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/ "Kung Fu Tea blog") for more information.

Gaile, can you confirm that absolutely nothing will be done to compensate the non-US players that cannot access the economic advantages you are giving to your US players with this promotion?

Yay! Just added the outfit to my main and finally upgraded my ftp account. I will confirm things when I get home (can not get on the game from here but can use the web) but all looks good. Two odd things I noticed:

1) There was a 60 second timer on the app. No idea what that was even for since it sent the codes in an email.

2) Oddly, my previous ftp account has a terminated forum account as I was checking if she had access now. Not sure how that happened but oh well.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" maybe the forum mods were cleaning up ftps before today?

> @"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

> Gaile, can you confirm that absolutely nothing will be done to compensate the non-US players that cannot access the economic advantages you are giving to your US players with this promotion?

You might be better served by reaching out to local companies to see if they are interested in partnering with Anet in a similar fashion.

> @"Greener.6204" said:

> > @"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

> > Gaile, can you confirm that absolutely nothing will be done to compensate the non-US players that cannot access the economic advantages you are giving to your US players with this promotion?

>

> You might be better served by reaching out to local companies to see if they are interested in partnering with Anet in a similar fashion.

Yeah, i dunno, somehow i feel its not our place to do that.

> @"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > The Kung Fu Tea promotion has been resumed. Please see the [Kung Fu Tea blog](https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/ "Kung Fu Tea blog") for more information.

>

> Gaile, can you confirm that absolutely nothing will be done to compensate the non-US players that cannot access the economic advantages you are giving to your US players with this promotion?

Yes i would also like to know. I am in Canada and i would love the shirt outfit plz.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Menadena.7482" said:

> Yay! Just added the outfit to my main and finally upgraded my ftp account. I will confirm things when I get home (can not get on the game from here but can use the web) but all looks good. Two odd things I noticed:

>

> 1) There was a 60 second timer on the app. No idea what that was even for since it sent the codes in an email.

>

> 2) Oddly, my previous ftp account has a terminated forum account as I was checking if she had access now. Not sure how that happened but oh well.

>

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" maybe the forum mods were cleaning up ftps before today?

I am not sure what you are asking, but perhaps this will answer the question: We have policy of "One person = One Voice." This means that if someone creates multiple game accounts, they are expected to restrict their forum participation to a single forum account. Any additional forum accounts associated with the main account will be closed, that is, their forum privileges will be terminated. Play for Free accounts do not have forum posting privileges, but if someone logs in to the forums using that P4F account -- and P4F accounts are allowed to log in, so they can bookmark posts -- that activity will be reflected on that forum member's main account. We are not able to identify what kind of account has logged in, but the use of an additional account would result in closure of the secondary forum account. I hope that information is helpful, but do let me know if you were asking about something else.

> > @"Menadena.7482" said:

> > Yay! Just added the outfit to my main and finally upgraded my ftp account. I will confirm things when I get home (can not get on the game from here but can use the web) but all looks good. Two odd things I noticed:

> >

> > 1) There was a 60 second timer on the app. No idea what that was even for since it sent the codes in an email.

> >

> > 2) Oddly, my previous ftp account has a terminated forum account as I was checking if she had access now. Not sure how that happened but oh well.

> >

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" maybe the forum mods were cleaning up ftps before today?

>

> I am not sure what you are asking, but perhaps this will answer the question: We have policy of "One person = One Voice." This means that if someone creates multiple game accounts, they are expected to restrict their forum participation to a single forum account. Any additional forum accounts associated with the main account will be closed, that is, their forum privileges will be terminated. Play for Free accounts do not have forum posting privileges, but if someone logs in to the forums using that P4F account -- and P4F accounts are allowed to log in, so they can bookmark posts -- that activity will be reflected on that forum member's main account. We are not able to identify what kind of account has logged in, but the use of an additional account would result in closure of the secondary forum account. I hope that information is helpful, but do let me know if you were asking about something else.

Yes, very helpful! I was just puzzled when the text talked about the number/severity of infractions when I could not have posted there before. I was not going to it to post, just to make sure I did not get the message that ftp players can not post there.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"Greener.6204" said:

> > > @"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

> > > Gaile, can you confirm that absolutely nothing will be done to compensate the non-US players that cannot access the economic advantages you are giving to your US players with this promotion?

> >

> > You might be better served by reaching out to local companies to see if they are interested in partnering with Anet in a similar fashion.

>

> Yeah, i dunno, somehow i feel its not our place to do that.

A lot of marketing is done through word-of-mouth. If you approach "local bakery chain" and mention how there's this other company which has great artwork and expressive themes which could go well with cupcakes or pastries, you never know what might happen. If things click, then you've not only helped yourself, but two other companies _and_ the gw community in your neighbourhood. That's like a quadruple win ;) .

To be clear, I'm not suggesting you act as though you're a representative of Anet!

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Greener.6204" said:

>

> A lot of marketing is done through word-of-mouth. If you approach "local bakery chain" and mention how there's this other company which has great artwork and expressive themes which could go well with cupcakes or pastries, you never know what might happen. If things click, then you've not only helped yourself, but two other companies _and_ the gw community in your neighbourhood. That's like a quadruple win ;) .

>

> To be clear, I'm not suggesting you act as though you're a representative of Anet!

Actually, that's a very helpful suggestion, and we would welcome the input from our community!

We look at partnership opportunities with an eye to reaching our players around the globe in a number of ways. Depending on the partner and a few other factors, we may run promotions broadly or in a specific territory, country, or small set of countries. We’re lucky that we’ve gotten to work with a number of great partners and we always are looking for more with whom we can work.

With that in mind, if you have suggestions for partnerships, we’d love to hear them. Is there a local brand that you recommend? A major company that we should consider? It would be very helpful to get those suggestions, so please do feel free to share them as you think of them. Thanks for sharing those thoughts.

> With that in mind, if you have suggestions for partnerships, we’d love to hear them. Is there a local brand that you recommend? A major company that we should consider? It would be very helpful to get those suggestions, so please do feel free to share them as you think of them. Thanks for sharing those thoughts.

Strickland Propane in Arlen, Texas. Pairing GW2 with propane and propane accessories seems like a a match meant to be.

> The Kung Fu Tea promotion has been resumed. Please see the [Kung Fu Tea blog](https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/ "Kung Fu Tea blog") for more information.

So I'm glad as a Canadian who participated in the promotion that Anet advertised am getting nothing out of it.

I downloaded the app, gave them my information for my social media, kept the app installed from the start in hopes for it to resume and in the end, i get nothing, not even a lousy Dragon Outfit (which is all I wanted tbh).

Honestly, this experienced has left a very bitter taste in my mouth on how Anet addressed the situation with their loyal costumers, hopefully Anet will do something for those non US players who all installed the app for the promo that you guys advertised, if not, shame on you.

>

> With that in mind, if you have suggestions for partnerships, we’d love to hear them. Is there a local brand that you recommend? A major company that we should consider? It would be very helpful to get those suggestions, so please do feel free to share them as you think of them. Thanks for sharing those thoughts.

>

>

Since you asked... Would absolutely love a GW2 LEGO Black Citadel, Charr Tank, Golem Suit, etc., etc... But that's a different thread entirely, no? ;)