Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> Success!

>

> I tried the deleting the app, powering down, re-installing and 'not' logging in with a KFT login I created earlier (thanks for that suggestion, @"hugo.4705"!), but waited until I could finally get the reward options to come up, picked the one, then kept trying to login with Instagram from that "$1 off" pop-up until it finally took.

>

> Took maybe another 10-15 min after that to get my in-app message with my codes.

what do u mean with "and 'not' logging in with a KFT login I created earlier"? make a new account?

> @"Ana.2415" said:

> > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > Success!

> >

> > I tried the deleting the app, powering down, re-installing and 'not' logging in with a KFT login I created earlier (thanks for that suggestion, @"hugo.4705"!), but waited until I could finally get the reward options to come up, picked the one, then kept trying to login with Instagram from that "$1 off" pop-up until it finally took.

> >

> > Took maybe another 10-15 min after that to get my in-app message with my codes.

>

> what do u mean with "and 'not' logging in with a KFT login I created earlier"? make a new account?

No, my first time through, I created a KFT account by just using an email and password. Then tried all the linking while logged into the app. The second time around, after I deleted and re-installed it, I didn't bother to login to the app, I just went straight for the social rewards sections, and kept backing out and going back in until you get that sorta unfinished icon looking think, and waited there until it eventually populated all the rewards, including the GW2 linking one. I clicked on that, and was prompted with a "$1 off first drink" pop-up for linking message. At that point, I kept trying to link to my Instagram account from there over and over again until it finally 'took'. I knew it took when one time it went into a longer 'thinking' mode, and put the phone down, and when I picked it up again 5-10 min later, the GW2 linking coupon was gone, and when I went to look at 'Profile', it showed the picture from my linked Instagram account. At that point, I waited maybe 15 minutes and when I went to check the 'Messages' in the 'Profile' section, I had my new message with codes.

I have no idea if starting from a place of 'not' having logged in with an unlinked KFT account, and effectively logging in with my Instagram account by linking it, mattered or not, but that was the path that finally worked for me.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> > @"Ana.2415" said:

> > > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > > Success!

> > >

> > > I tried the deleting the app, powering down, re-installing and 'not' logging in with a KFT login I created earlier (thanks for that suggestion, @"hugo.4705"!), but waited until I could finally get the reward options to come up, picked the one, then kept trying to login with Instagram from that "$1 off" pop-up until it finally took.

> > >

> > > Took maybe another 10-15 min after that to get my in-app message with my codes.

> >

> > what do u mean with "and 'not' logging in with a KFT login I created earlier"? make a new account?

>

> No, my first time through, I created a KFT account by just using an email and password. Then tried all the linking while logged into the app. The second time around, after I deleted and re-installed it, I didn't bother to login to the app, I just went straight for the social rewards sections, and kept backing out and going back in until you get that sorta unfinished icon looking think, and waited there until it eventually populated all the rewards, including the GW2 linking one. I clicked on that, and was prompted with a "$1 off first drink" pop-up for linking message. At that point, I kept trying to link to my Instagram account from there over and over again until it finally 'took'. I knew it took when one time it went into a longer 'thinking' mode, and put the phone down, and when I picked it up again 5-10 min later, the GW2 linking coupon was gone, and when I went to look at 'Profile', it showed the picture from my linked Instagram account. At that point, I waited maybe 15 minutes and when I went to check the 'Messages' in the 'Profile' section, I had my new message with codes.

>

> I have no idea if starting from a place of 'not' having logged in with an unlinked KFT account, and effectively logging in with my Instagram account by linking it, mattered or not, but that was the path that finally worked for me.

Well I don't know how to get rid of the "get started" thingy... it forces me to to press it and log :/

Made my account after midnight. Waited an hour, gw2 rewards never poped up. Went to bed and woke up, still no gw2 rewards. I decided to relink and see if that would do anything since someone suggested that. Couldn't link again, kept trying every so often for the next 6 hours. Reinstalled. Now twitter link and the 1$ rewards are gone. I made a junk Intagram(I had used my actual twitter before) so I can still try to log in. Except now I have to reenter my ID and pass everytime I want to try to login, unlike with twitter, despite "saving my info" through KFT app. I should have made a simpler password...

HIgh number of players try simultaneously to link accounts, redeem rewards and checking messages.. Link function start to fall, actuality fell and profile fell too. The only thing working is locations and orders because nobody use them I believe in what Steve said.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > Well so far it seems Kung Fu Tea has gotten a lot of exposure to their products from GW2 players. On the flip side I'm not so sure GW2 is going to gain a lot of new customers from this marketing campaign.

>

> KFT have earned a low rated app review from me!

The point is, how many GW2 players even heard of KFT before this? Based on comments I have read not many. Now due the the marketing campaign 10's of thousands of GW2 players know their product exists. Of course not everyone is in the KFT market but it certainly got their name out there. Sure the app sucks and so far the promotion has failed due to bugs or whatever. That is where ArenaNet has lost out so far on this. KFT got exposure to a huge amount of GW2 customers. GW2 exposure to KFT customers, not so much, especially since the launch has pretty much failed for so far.

I think Anet would have been better off partnering with other NCSoft games. Buy X amount what ever cash shop currency from one of their other titles, get a code for the Heroic Edition GW2. That way they are actually promoting to paying video game players instead of customers of some weird tea company. Maybe I'm missing something and there has been a study that shows people that drink bubble tea play a lot of MMOs. I don't know.

Honestly, it still works. I just redeemed mine, you just have to be patient, keep retrying by clicking "Social Rewards>Rewards>Free Guild Wars 2", You need to let the rewards page load fully, if it says no rewards, go back and retry by clicking social rewards, and if it shows like it is loading, allow it to load.

After which, click "Free Guild Wars 2, the one without any action required to be taken" Just keep trying to click it, if it says something went wrong, unable to redeem, try again click it, till it starts loading for awhile, and it'll bring you to your page, saying you have this "1 dollar off drink coupon" then you now must wait for your message with the codes to come in... Keep retrying to view your message via your social reward profile, eventually you will be able to redeem your code.. Happy trying, good luck and cheers!

It was late last night (which means there was probably way less traffic than there is now) when I downloaded the app and linked my account, but I was able to work with it, and I got my Heroic edition and the outfit. The app itself is really finicky, I had to restart it several times during the process for things to register properly, but after about 20 minutes I had my codes.

> @"Ana.2415" said:

> > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > > @"Ana.2415" said:

> > > > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > > > Success!

> > > >

> > > > I tried the deleting the app, powering down, re-installing and 'not' logging in with a KFT login I created earlier (thanks for that suggestion, @"hugo.4705"!), but waited until I could finally get the reward options to come up, picked the one, then kept trying to login with Instagram from that "$1 off" pop-up until it finally took.

> > > >

> > > > Took maybe another 10-15 min after that to get my in-app message with my codes.

> > >

> > > what do u mean with "and 'not' logging in with a KFT login I created earlier"? make a new account?

> >

> > No, my first time through, I created a KFT account by just using an email and password. Then tried all the linking while logged into the app. The second time around, after I deleted and re-installed it, I didn't bother to login to the app, I just went straight for the social rewards sections, and kept backing out and going back in until you get that sorta unfinished icon looking think, and waited there until it eventually populated all the rewards, including the GW2 linking one. I clicked on that, and was prompted with a "$1 off first drink" pop-up for linking message. At that point, I kept trying to link to my Instagram account from there over and over again until it finally 'took'. I knew it took when one time it went into a longer 'thinking' mode, and put the phone down, and when I picked it up again 5-10 min later, the GW2 linking coupon was gone, and when I went to look at 'Profile', it showed the picture from my linked Instagram account. At that point, I waited maybe 15 minutes and when I went to check the 'Messages' in the 'Profile' section, I had my new message with codes.

> >

> > I have no idea if starting from a place of 'not' having logged in with an unlinked KFT account, and effectively logging in with my Instagram account by linking it, mattered or not, but that was the path that finally worked for me.

>

> Well I don't know how to get rid of the "get started" thingy... it forces me to to press it and log :/

Maybe what @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said was right. Maybe I was still logged in from before and just didn't realize it. I guess at the end of it all, it's about trying over and over again until you get in. Eventually you 'do' get an indication that it worked, as I finally saw and others stated before. I think that was the most confusing part for me was not understanding if I'd ever see anything that for sure indicated I successfully hooked it up. For me, when I could leave the Social-Profile screen and come back and see my Instagram on/off switch was still toggled on, and it showed my Instagram profile picture at the top, that's when I finally knew it worked.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > Wait, huh? How do I get the dragon shirt outfit?

>

> Use the code obtained by linked your media account in-KFT app, should be used in-game, in BL company "redeem code", special item code.

So I need i get an app for some tea shop? Does it cost anything?

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Finally worked for me after a long nightmare, here is the right manner to proceed:

> 1- With your phone, go on the app Store (google play or the other one) and search "Kung Fu Tea", download the app.

> 2- When opening the app, they will ask if you want to link your account facebook, link it, if fail, continue to step 3.

> 3- On the main screen with ads, click on the lines icon at the top-left, go in social, select social rewards.

> 4- In social rewards panel, if you have a circle loading thingy wait around 2-3 min before the page charge with her promotions, click on the one with the gw2 icon with "No action required" under it. Link your social account, if fail, go to step 5.

> 5- Go in social / category profile -> Connect social media accounts, retry to link.

> 6- If okay, you will receive a message in Profile / messages category. you will also receive a message asking to redeem the reward.

> 7- you will have 2 codes in the mail within kung fu tea app, the first for heroic chest (have to be used on the main gw2 website where you have your extensions https://account.arena.net/login, connect and then "use code"). For the gw2 t-shirt, go in-game, bl company, redeem code, special item code. Enter code.

>

> Disclaimer: Got several bugs trying to perform the steps: successfully linked my facebook after the fifth try. No promotions, appeared after 3 relaunch of the app, same for the messages.

Seems like a missed opportunity to not have the promo have a Kung Fu Tea Outfit instead. They could have just retextured the GW2 shirt Outfit with a Kung Fu Tea logo, or a picture of a character drinking bubble tea or something. Would have made the promotion rewards more iconic and representative of the company actually doing the promotion.