Outdated

whoknocks.4935

Yeah this past two days of roaming after reset are really a pain, matched up with Gankdara and Ganksolation servers.

It's a constant gank by 5 plus people vs me.

As soon as I find a fair 1vs1 and I am about to win, literally out of nowhere appears a trash ganker who +1 the fight and kill me.

The majority are oneshot deadeyes, who just root me and oneshot me with DJ or MB, sometimes reacting fast I can tp to them, reveal them and oneshot them too, but the good ones just run the remove reveal elite, so it is useless.

Power mirages never oneshot me 100-0, because I can evade their burst better since it's kinda telegraphed, it is still a cheesy build abused by noobs who wants easy kills, but yeah nothing new under the sun.

Condi mirages are way more present and more cancerous.

Soulbeasts are another plague too, 90% of them +1 you at 1800 range or use a retard boon easy mode build and you can't win.

50% are deadeyes, 20% noobeasts, 25% memsers and the rest 5% just normal roaming builds.

Even spellbreaker is a fair build compared to those cheesy lame builds.

So yeah, from what I learnt toughness won't help in outnumbers against decent players anyway, so better just go full damage and playing more high risk and aggressive.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> So yeah, from what I learnt toughness won't help in outnumbers against decent players anyway, so better just go full damage and playing more high risk and aggressive.

But the real question is... *how much does it hurt*?

Like, lets do a simple and easy benchmark against something that's not players since we have no idea what enemies run and that would always vary with skills too. Lets say... Use sentries for a rough measure of single target dps potential. How fast can marauders kill them? With my +788 toughness bruiser build I can bring one down in ~3s from first hit to dead. Am I far off marauders?

We could use T0 camps as a measure for AoE potential (assuming choke), if you can kill all the guards+supervisor+1-2 dollies before sword triggers. For my bruiser the answer is yes. That's a little overkill though, the sentry is more interesting and easier to test.

> Yeah this past two days of roaming after reset are really a pain, matched up with Gankdara and Ganksolation servers.

>

> It's a constant gank by 5 plus people vs me.

>

> As soon as I find a fair 1vs1 and I am about to win, literally out of nowhere appears a trash ganker who +1 the fight and kill me.

>

> The majority are oneshot deadeyes, who just root me and oneshot me with DJ or MB, sometimes reacting fast I can tp to them, reveal them and oneshot them too, but the good ones just run the remove reveal elite, so it is useless.

>

> Power mirages never oneshot me 100-0, because I can evade their burst better since it's kinda telegraphed, it is still a cheesy build abused by noobs who wants easy kills, but yeah nothing new under the sun.

>

> Condi mirages are way more present and more cancerous.

>

> Soulbeasts are another plague too, 90% of them +1 you at 1800 range or use a kitten boon easy mode build and you can't win.

>

> 50% are deadeyes, 20% noobeasts, 25% memsers and the rest 5% just normal roaming builds.

>

> Even spellbreaker is a fair build compared to those cheesy lame builds.

>

> So yeah, from what I learnt toughness won't help in outnumbers against decent players anyway, so better just go full damage and playing more high risk and aggressive.

And which class do you play?

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > Yeah this past two days of roaming after reset are really a pain, matched up with Gankdara and Ganksolation servers.

> >

> > It's a constant gank by 5 plus people vs me.

> >

> > As soon as I find a fair 1vs1 and I am about to win, literally out of nowhere appears a trash ganker who +1 the fight and kill me.

> >

> > The majority are oneshot deadeyes, who just root me and oneshot me with DJ or MB, sometimes reacting fast I can tp to them, reveal them and oneshot them too, but the good ones just run the remove reveal elite, so it is useless.

> >

> > Power mirages never oneshot me 100-0, because I can evade their burst better since it's kinda telegraphed, it is still a cheesy build abused by noobs who wants easy kills, but yeah nothing new under the sun.

> >

> > Condi mirages are way more present and more cancerous.

> >

> > Soulbeasts are another plague too, 90% of them +1 you at 1800 range or use a kitten boon easy mode build and you can't win.

> >

> > 50% are deadeyes, 20% noobeasts, 25% memsers and the rest 5% just normal roaming builds.

> >

> > Even spellbreaker is a fair build compared to those cheesy lame builds.

> >

> > So yeah, from what I learnt toughness won't help in outnumbers against decent players anyway, so better just go full damage and playing more high risk and aggressive.

>

> And which class do you play?

Playing power herald staff + sword/sword, I have 82 hours on the profession only.

I run Marauder weapons and armor with dura runes and full zerk trinkets and backpiece, I have about 2450 armor, I was wondering if add toughness trinkets like cavs, but it doesn't seems it makes a big difference, having 3k or 2.5k armor is useless against those deadeyes, soulbeasts and other heavy power builds.

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > Yeah this past two days of roaming after reset are really a pain, matched up with Gankdara and Ganksolation servers.

> > >

> > > It's a constant gank by 5 plus people vs me.

> > >

> > > As soon as I find a fair 1vs1 and I am about to win, literally out of nowhere appears a trash ganker who +1 the fight and kill me.

> > >

> > > The majority are oneshot deadeyes, who just root me and oneshot me with DJ or MB, sometimes reacting fast I can tp to them, reveal them and oneshot them too, but the good ones just run the remove reveal elite, so it is useless.

> > >

> > > Power mirages never oneshot me 100-0, because I can evade their burst better since it's kinda telegraphed, it is still a cheesy build abused by noobs who wants easy kills, but yeah nothing new under the sun.

> > >

> > > Condi mirages are way more present and more cancerous.

> > >

> > > Soulbeasts are another plague too, 90% of them +1 you at 1800 range or use a kitten boon easy mode build and you can't win.

> > >

> > > 50% are deadeyes, 20% noobeasts, 25% memsers and the rest 5% just normal roaming builds.

> > >

> > > Even spellbreaker is a fair build compared to those cheesy lame builds.

> > >

> > > So yeah, from what I learnt toughness won't help in outnumbers against decent players anyway, so better just go full damage and playing more high risk and aggressive.

> >

> > And which class do you play?

>

> Playing power herald staff + sword/sword, I have 82 hours on the profession only.

>

> I run Marauder weapons and armor with dura runes and full zerk trinkets and backpiece, I have about 2450 armor, I was wondering if add toughness trinkets like cavs, but it doesn't seems it makes a big difference, having 3k or 2.5k armor is useless against those deadeyes, soulbeasts and other heavy power builds.

with a little armor+hp etc. you will be able to survive the 'malicious backstab out of nowhere'. after that its a question if your possibly superior skill is enough to offset the possible difference in buildquality for that fight. but as said above that is only possible if you assume them to be bad to begin with.

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > Yeah this past two days of roaming after reset are really a pain, matched up with Gankdara and Ganksolation servers.

> > > >

> > > > It's a constant gank by 5 plus people vs me.

> > > >

> > > > As soon as I find a fair 1vs1 and I am about to win, literally out of nowhere appears a trash ganker who +1 the fight and kill me.

> > > >

> > > > The majority are oneshot deadeyes, who just root me and oneshot me with DJ or MB, sometimes reacting fast I can tp to them, reveal them and oneshot them too, but the good ones just run the remove reveal elite, so it is useless.

> > > >

> > > > Power mirages never oneshot me 100-0, because I can evade their burst better since it's kinda telegraphed, it is still a cheesy build abused by noobs who wants easy kills, but yeah nothing new under the sun.

> > > >

> > > > Condi mirages are way more present and more cancerous.

> > > >

> > > > Soulbeasts are another plague too, 90% of them +1 you at 1800 range or use a kitten boon easy mode build and you can't win.

> > > >

> > > > 50% are deadeyes, 20% noobeasts, 25% memsers and the rest 5% just normal roaming builds.

> > > >

> > > > Even spellbreaker is a fair build compared to those cheesy lame builds.

> > > >

> > > > So yeah, from what I learnt toughness won't help in outnumbers against decent players anyway, so better just go full damage and playing more high risk and aggressive.

> > >

> > > And which class do you play?

> >

> > Playing power herald staff + sword/sword, I have 82 hours on the profession only.

> >

> > I run Marauder weapons and armor with dura runes and full zerk trinkets and backpiece, I have about 2450 armor, I was wondering if add toughness trinkets like cavs, but it doesn't seems it makes a big difference, having 3k or 2.5k armor is useless against those deadeyes, soulbeasts and other heavy power builds.

>

> with a little armor+hp etc. you will be able to survive the 'malicious backstab out of nowhere'. after that its a question if your possibly superior skill is enough to offset the possible difference in buildquality for that fight. but as said above that is only possible if you assume them to be bad to begin with.

Dunno, i was running 3.2k armor and a full malice backstab, maybe this guy was full zerk scholar rune, got me for 23k crit... so it's useless.

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > Yeah this past two days of roaming after reset are really a pain, matched up with Gankdara and Ganksolation servers.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's a constant gank by 5 plus people vs me.

> > > > >

> > > > > As soon as I find a fair 1vs1 and I am about to win, literally out of nowhere appears a trash ganker who +1 the fight and kill me.

> > > > >

> > > > > The majority are oneshot deadeyes, who just root me and oneshot me with DJ or MB, sometimes reacting fast I can tp to them, reveal them and oneshot them too, but the good ones just run the remove reveal elite, so it is useless.

> > > > >

> > > > > Power mirages never oneshot me 100-0, because I can evade their burst better since it's kinda telegraphed, it is still a cheesy build abused by noobs who wants easy kills, but yeah nothing new under the sun.

> > > > >

> > > > > Condi mirages are way more present and more cancerous.

> > > > >

> > > > > Soulbeasts are another plague too, 90% of them +1 you at 1800 range or use a kitten boon easy mode build and you can't win.

> > > > >

> > > > > 50% are deadeyes, 20% noobeasts, 25% memsers and the rest 5% just normal roaming builds.

> > > > >

> > > > > Even spellbreaker is a fair build compared to those cheesy lame builds.

> > > > >

> > > > > So yeah, from what I learnt toughness won't help in outnumbers against decent players anyway, so better just go full damage and playing more high risk and aggressive.

> > > >

> > > > And which class do you play?

> > >

> > > Playing power herald staff + sword/sword, I have 82 hours on the profession only.

> > >

> > > I run Marauder weapons and armor with dura runes and full zerk trinkets and backpiece, I have about 2450 armor, I was wondering if add toughness trinkets like cavs, but it doesn't seems it makes a big difference, having 3k or 2.5k armor is useless against those deadeyes, soulbeasts and other heavy power builds.

> >

> > with a little armor+hp etc. you will be able to survive the 'malicious backstab out of nowhere'. after that its a question if your possibly superior skill is enough to offset the possible difference in buildquality for that fight. but as said above that is only possible if you assume them to be bad to begin with.

>

> Dunno, i was running 3.2k armor and a full malice backstab, maybe this guy was full zerk scholar rune, got me for 23k crit... so it's useless.

yes a full malice backstab but that is not out of nowhere. or i havent figured how to instantly build 7 malice without the target noticing, got to wait for the next hizen guide i guess...

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > Yeah this past two days of roaming after reset are really a pain, matched up with Gankdara and Ganksolation servers.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's a constant gank by 5 plus people vs me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As soon as I find a fair 1vs1 and I am about to win, literally out of nowhere appears a trash ganker who +1 the fight and kill me.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The majority are oneshot deadeyes, who just root me and oneshot me with DJ or MB, sometimes reacting fast I can tp to them, reveal them and oneshot them too, but the good ones just run the remove reveal elite, so it is useless.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Power mirages never oneshot me 100-0, because I can evade their burst better since it's kinda telegraphed, it is still a cheesy build abused by noobs who wants easy kills, but yeah nothing new under the sun.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Condi mirages are way more present and more cancerous.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Soulbeasts are another plague too, 90% of them +1 you at 1800 range or use a kitten boon easy mode build and you can't win.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 50% are deadeyes, 20% noobeasts, 25% memsers and the rest 5% just normal roaming builds.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Even spellbreaker is a fair build compared to those cheesy lame builds.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So yeah, from what I learnt toughness won't help in outnumbers against decent players anyway, so better just go full damage and playing more high risk and aggressive.

> > > > >

> > > > > And which class do you play?

> > > >

> > > > Playing power herald staff + sword/sword, I have 82 hours on the profession only.

> > > >

> > > > I run Marauder weapons and armor with dura runes and full zerk trinkets and backpiece, I have about 2450 armor, I was wondering if add toughness trinkets like cavs, but it doesn't seems it makes a big difference, having 3k or 2.5k armor is useless against those deadeyes, soulbeasts and other heavy power builds.

> > >

> > > with a little armor+hp etc. you will be able to survive the 'malicious backstab out of nowhere'. after that its a question if your possibly superior skill is enough to offset the possible difference in buildquality for that fight. but as said above that is only possible if you assume them to be bad to begin with.

> >

> > Dunno, i was running 3.2k armor and a full malice backstab, maybe this guy was full zerk scholar rune, got me for 23k crit... so it's useless.

>

> yes a full malice backstab but that is not out of nowhere. or i havent figured how to instantly build 7 malice without the target noticing, got to wait for the next hizen guide i guess...

Well, but playing deadeye yourself, you should know you can build malice pretty easily right? And then dodge spam perma stealth without counterplay?

I revealed him andhe used elite and so it was useless, so I gave up the fight and walked away and boom 23k malicious backstab.

Wonder why 90% of players in wvw are deadeyes right now.

On desolation right now there is a new trend, seems a condi hybrid deadeye, he landed on me like 10k DJ but i gave me also confusion torment immob and 10 stacks of poison who destroyed me in few seconds.

It's becoming a pretty cancerous build abused by literally every noobs.

The different is, against noobs you have a chance at killing them because they do mistakes, against a good opponent he won't die unless he want to.

I know you wanna defende your profession you are having fun with, but I would appreciate honesty more instead.

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > Yeah this past two days of roaming after reset are really a pain, matched up with Gankdara and Ganksolation servers.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's a constant gank by 5 plus people vs me.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As soon as I find a fair 1vs1 and I am about to win, literally out of nowhere appears a trash ganker who +1 the fight and kill me.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The majority are oneshot deadeyes, who just root me and oneshot me with DJ or MB, sometimes reacting fast I can tp to them, reveal them and oneshot them too, but the good ones just run the remove reveal elite, so it is useless.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Power mirages never oneshot me 100-0, because I can evade their burst better since it's kinda telegraphed, it is still a cheesy build abused by noobs who wants easy kills, but yeah nothing new under the sun.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Condi mirages are way more present and more cancerous.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Soulbeasts are another plague too, 90% of them +1 you at 1800 range or use a kitten boon easy mode build and you can't win.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 50% are deadeyes, 20% noobeasts, 25% memsers and the rest 5% just normal roaming builds.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Even spellbreaker is a fair build compared to those cheesy lame builds.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So yeah, from what I learnt toughness won't help in outnumbers against decent players anyway, so better just go full damage and playing more high risk and aggressive.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And which class do you play?

> > > > >

> > > > > Playing power herald staff + sword/sword, I have 82 hours on the profession only.

> > > > >

> > > > > I run Marauder weapons and armor with dura runes and full zerk trinkets and backpiece, I have about 2450 armor, I was wondering if add toughness trinkets like cavs, but it doesn't seems it makes a big difference, having 3k or 2.5k armor is useless against those deadeyes, soulbeasts and other heavy power builds.

> > > >

> > > > with a little armor+hp etc. you will be able to survive the 'malicious backstab out of nowhere'. after that its a question if your possibly superior skill is enough to offset the possible difference in buildquality for that fight. but as said above that is only possible if you assume them to be bad to begin with.

> > >

> > > Dunno, i was running 3.2k armor and a full malice backstab, maybe this guy was full zerk scholar rune, got me for 23k crit... so it's useless.

> >

> > yes a full malice backstab but that is not out of nowhere. or i havent figured how to instantly build 7 malice without the target noticing, got to wait for the next hizen guide i guess...

>

> Well, but playing deadeye yourself, you should know you can build malice pretty easily right? And then dodge spam perma stealth without counterplay?

>

> I revealed him andhe used elite and so it was useless, so I gave up the fight and walked away and boom 23k malicious backstab.

>

> Wonder why 90% of players in wvw are deadeyes right now.

>

> On desolation right now there is a new trend, seems a condi hybrid deadeye, he landed on me like 10k DJ but i gave me also confusion torment immob and 10 stacks of poison who destroyed me in few seconds.

>

> It's becoming a pretty cancerous build abused by literally every noobs.

>

> The different is, against noobs you have a chance at killing them because they do mistakes, against a good opponent he won't die unless he want to.

>

> I know you wanna defende your profession you are having fun with, but I would appreciate honesty more instead.

Hizen has a vid that shoes how ridiculously easy it is to do those backstabs. And many, many people have been doing it his way!

> Dunno, i was running 3.2k armor and a full malice backstab, maybe this guy was full zerk scholar rune, got me for 23k crit... so it's useless.

That's not possible on instant. You were either base armor or he build up malice on you before backstabbing. I tested that. On 3,2k armor an instant malice backstab or DJ deals about 10 to 12k damage when the teef is full glass. The bigger problem with that amount of armor is: you survive, but still can not fight back effectively as you deal very low damage.

The thief I was fighting (or let's call it suffering) was as glass as it can get. He backstabbed, switched to SB and ran away to reset because just looking at him while he is visible would have killed him. It would be impossible for him to build up malice without getting killed by me (I killed him once as he tried, after that he just ran away everytime immediately after the backstab attempt).

> I run Marauder weapons and armor with dura runes and full zerk trinkets and backpiece, I have about 2450 armor

You should survive an instant backstab when you are at about 20k HP on 2450 armor.

> On desolation right now there is a new trend, seems a condi hybrid deadeye, he landed on me like 10k DJ but i gave me also confusion torment immob and 10 stacks of poison who destroyed me in few seconds.

Well, you are playing the class with the weakest condi cleanse. But why didn't you just pop infuse light after the condis were applied, while switching legend and using staff cleanse after the immob ran out to cleanse confu, torment and poison?

I just noticed that the metabattle site is recommending that people use a Cavalier's back item to reach 2500 armor. If you switch to Knight's, you have the same defensive stats and you get a 0.4% increase to your average DPS. It's funny that this site is supposed to be optimal, but there's always some odd trait or attribute combination choices...

> @"Dagger.2035" said:

> I just noticed that the metabattle site is recommending that people use a Cavalier's back item to reach 2500 armor. If you switch to Knight's, you have the same defensive stats and you get a 0.4% increase to your average DPS. It's funny that this site is supposed to be optimal, but there's always some odd trait or attribute combination choices...

Builds that frontload bursts repeatedly gain more from crit dmg than precision, especially if they have easy access to fury and offset it by other sources (crit on weapon swap/stealth/evade etc).

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > Yeah this past two days of roaming after reset are really a pain, matched up with Gankdara and Ganksolation servers.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As soon as I find a fair 1vs1 and I am about to win, literally out of nowhere appears a trash ganker who +1 the fight and kill me.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The majority are oneshot deadeyes, who just root me and oneshot me with DJ or MB, sometimes reacting fast I can tp to them, reveal them and oneshot them too, but the good ones just run the remove reveal elite, so it is useless.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Power mirages never oneshot me 100-0, because I can evade their burst better since it's kinda telegraphed, it is still a cheesy build abused by noobs who wants easy kills, but yeah nothing new under the sun.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Soulbeasts are another plague too, 90% of them +1 you at 1800 range or use a kitten boon easy mode build and you can't win.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 50% are deadeyes, 20% noobeasts, 25% memsers and the rest 5% just normal roaming builds.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Even spellbreaker is a fair build compared to those cheesy lame builds.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So yeah, from what I learnt toughness won't help in outnumbers against decent players anyway, so better just go full damage and playing more high risk and aggressive.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Playing power herald staff + sword/sword, I have 82 hours on the profession only.

> > > > >

> > > > > I run Marauder weapons and armor with dura runes and full zerk trinkets and backpiece, I have about 2450 armor, I was wondering if add toughness trinkets like cavs, but it doesn't seems it makes a big difference, having 3k or 2.5k armor is useless against those deadeyes, soulbeasts and other heavy power builds.

> > > >

> > > > with a little armor+hp etc. you will be able to survive the 'malicious backstab out of nowhere'. after that its a question if your possibly superior skill is enough to offset the possible difference in buildquality for that fight. but as said above that is only possible if you assume them to be bad to begin with.

> > >

> > > Dunno, i was running 3.2k armor and a full malice backstab, maybe this guy was full zerk scholar rune, got me for 23k crit... so it's useless.

> >

> > yes a full malice backstab but that is not out of nowhere. or i havent figured how to instantly build 7 malice without the target noticing, got to wait for the next hizen guide i guess...

>

> Well, but playing deadeye yourself, you should know you can build malice pretty easily right? And then dodge spam perma stealth without counterplay?

>

> I revealed him andhe used elite and so it was useless, so I gave up the fight and walked away and boom 23k malicious backstab.

>

>

>

>

> The different is, against noobs you have a chance at killing them because they do mistakes, against a good opponent he won't die unless he want to.

>

> I know you wanna defende your profession you are having fun with, but I would appreciate honesty more instead.

i am not defending anything here.

as said. you can build to survive the very first 'out of nowhere' backstab. with that you can kill bad deadeyes.

you wont kill better deadeyes regardless in a 1 vs 1 fight in a neutral envoirement, because they simply are in advantage.

why is that dishonest?

you saying 90% of wvw is now deadeyes - that is dishonest.

many of the current deadeyes just try out what hizen did in his new video, wich also means they are relatively easy kills as they are squishy and inexperienced (compared to what really is possible).

> Maybe in outnumbers I'll get blowed immediately, but against good opponents it doesn't matter, nobody can win a 1v2 unless you get one lucky surprise kill on one of the two guys and then fight the other one.

>

> ...

>

> And I am saying people are running noob condi builds even on deadeye, condi mirage right now is so toxic in the roaming scenario, an experience one can even win 1vs3s with ease.

Ok, no one can 1v2 (except luck) but mirage can easily 1v3? \confused

> @"syszery.1592" said:

> > Maybe in outnumbers I'll get blowed immediately, but against good opponents it doesn't matter, nobody can win a 1v2 unless you get one lucky surprise kill on one of the two guys and then fight the other one.

> >

> > ...

> >

> > And I am saying people are running noob condi builds even on deadeye, condi mirage right now is so toxic in the roaming scenario, an experience one can even win 1vs3s with ease.

>

>

> Ok, no one can 1v2 (except luck) but mirage can easily 1v3? \confused

Mirage can only decent players 1v2, on bad player can 1v3.

But nobody can win a 1v2 "unless you get one lucky surprise kill on one of the two guys and then fight the other one." <--- Quoting myself, this is doable by mirage.

Thanks for your constructing post. Now you can get out out of here thanks.

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

One of the builds I run on one of my characters is a hybrid deadeye from POF launch and it is one of the more potent effective builds but mine comes at a price for loading that much dmg, if that person has a similar build to mine then they only have one or no stun breaks and it relies heavily on deaths retreat. I actually don't use secondary weapon much at all, but could probably run another rifle just for on swap runes. Did they just use rifle? I'm paired with gandarra but I haven't used this hybrid thief this matchup, but hybrid deadeyes I don't come across often unless it was a similar build to boots bad build (immob monster and does about 10k dj, I'm assuming this is carrion+adventure runes maybe), but haven't seen anything similar to mine yet. Mine loads everything in first few seconds, but done in a manner to make the enemy waste condi clear and loading stuff on top that cannot be cleared easily and if I want I can finish with DJ, trb or skirmishers shot and my rotation is easily chained back to the beginning for an almost non stop assault. It's not meant for outnumbered though. Almost all my ini is mainly reserved for deaths retreat though, I don't actually attack with my rifle much at all and the only time I ever swapped to my DD set was only for cloak and dagger for stomps. If you come across another hybrid deadeye I'd be interested to know what they run as I'm not sure what current builds you've been seeing proliferating. I mostly see the one that hizen is responsible for lol. Now I'm going to have to look for some deso deadeyes hehe

I advice you to not focus on stuff like armor, it's useless in this oneshot meta. Unless you're specifically dueling, you want the most dmg and crit dmg your class can achieve. Once, I got oneshot trough 26k health and 2.6k armor from dagger Deadeye in stealth. Ever since then, I'm running fullzerk Spellbreaker with Agility+Severance sigils that is capable of achieving 90%+ crit chance and 240%+ crit dmg with just food and right timing. They say offense is the best defense, and I can 100% approve that.

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > Yeah this past two days of roaming after reset are really a pain, matched up with Gankdara and Ganksolation servers.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's a constant gank by 5 plus people vs me.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > As soon as I find a fair 1vs1 and I am about to win, literally out of nowhere appears a trash ganker who +1 the fight and kill me.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The majority are oneshot deadeyes, who just root me and oneshot me with DJ or MB, sometimes reacting fast I can tp to them, reveal them and oneshot them too, but the good ones just run the remove reveal elite, so it is useless.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Power mirages never oneshot me 100-0, because I can evade their burst better since it's kinda telegraphed, it is still a cheesy build abused by noobs who wants easy kills, but yeah nothing new under the sun.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Condi mirages are way more present and more cancerous.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Soulbeasts are another plague too, 90% of them +1 you at 1800 range or use a kitten boon easy mode build and you can't win.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 50% are deadeyes, 20% noobeasts, 25% memsers and the rest 5% just normal roaming builds.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Even spellbreaker is a fair build compared to those cheesy lame builds.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So yeah, from what I learnt toughness won't help in outnumbers against decent players anyway, so better just go full damage and playing more high risk and aggressive.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And which class do you play?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Playing power herald staff + sword/sword, I have 82 hours on the profession only.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I run Marauder weapons and armor with dura runes and full zerk trinkets and backpiece, I have about 2450 armor, I was wondering if add toughness trinkets like cavs, but it doesn't seems it makes a big difference, having 3k or 2.5k armor is useless against those deadeyes, soulbeasts and other heavy power builds.

> > > > >

> > > > > with a little armor+hp etc. you will be able to survive the 'malicious backstab out of nowhere'. after that its a question if your possibly superior skill is enough to offset the possible difference in buildquality for that fight. but as said above that is only possible if you assume them to be bad to begin with.

> > > >

> > > > Dunno, i was running 3.2k armor and a full malice backstab, maybe this guy was full zerk scholar rune, got me for 23k crit... so it's useless.

> > >

> > > yes a full malice backstab but that is not out of nowhere. or i havent figured how to instantly build 7 malice without the target noticing, got to wait for the next hizen guide i guess...

> >

> > Well, but playing deadeye yourself, you should know you can build malice pretty easily right? And then dodge spam perma stealth without counterplay?

> >

> > I revealed him andhe used elite and so it was useless, so I gave up the fight and walked away and boom 23k malicious backstab.

> >

> > Wonder why 90% of players in wvw are deadeyes right now.

> >

> > On desolation right now there is a new trend, seems a condi hybrid deadeye, he landed on me like 10k DJ but i gave me also confusion torment immob and 10 stacks of poison who destroyed me in few seconds.

> >

> > It's becoming a pretty cancerous build abused by literally every noobs.

> >

> > The different is, against noobs you have a chance at killing them because they do mistakes, against a good opponent he won't die unless he want to.

> >

> > I know you wanna defende your profession you are having fun with, but I would appreciate honesty more instead.

>

> One of the builds I run on one of my characters is a hybrid deadeye from POF launch and it is one of the more potent effective builds but mine comes at a price for loading that much dmg, if that person has a similar build to mine then they only have one or no stun breaks and it relies heavily on deaths retreat. I actually don't use secondary weapon much at all, but could probably run another rifle just for on swap runes. Did they just use rifle? I'm paired with gandarra but I haven't used this hybrid thief this matchup, but hybrid deadeyes I don't come across often unless it was a similar build to boots bad build (immob monster and does about 10k dj, I'm assuming this is carrion+adventure runes maybe), but haven't seen anything similar to mine yet. Mine loads everything in first few seconds, but done in a manner to make the enemy waste condi clear and loading stuff on top that cannot be cleared easily and if I want I can finish with DJ, trb or skirmishers shot and my rotation is easily chained back to the beginning for an almost non stop assault. It's not meant for outnumbered though. Almost all my ini is mainly reserved for deaths retreat though, I don't actually attack with my rifle much at all and the only time I ever swapped to my DD set was only for cloak and dagger for stomps. If you come across another hybrid deadeye I'd be interested to know what they run as I'm not sure what current builds you've been seeing proliferating. I mostly see the one that hizen is responsible for lol. Now I'm going to have to look for some deso deadeyes hehe

I am running hybrid DE with Grievers using P/d. SB is off hand. Shadowstrike works much like Deaths retreat albeit hits harder and applies more conditions. After malice build I try and do sneak attack for the power damage + torment/bleeds. I found with rifle if one not using Venoms the only Condi add is via an Immob via panic strike and as far iwas concerned that still more a power build.

> @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > Yeah this past two days of roaming after reset are really a pain, matched up with Gankdara and Ganksolation servers.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's a constant gank by 5 plus people vs me.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > As soon as I find a fair 1vs1 and I am about to win, literally out of nowhere appears a trash ganker who +1 the fight and kill me.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The majority are oneshot deadeyes, who just root me and oneshot me with DJ or MB, sometimes reacting fast I can tp to them, reveal them and oneshot them too, but the good ones just run the remove reveal elite, so it is useless.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Power mirages never oneshot me 100-0, because I can evade their burst better since it's kinda telegraphed, it is still a cheesy build abused by noobs who wants easy kills, but yeah nothing new under the sun.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Condi mirages are way more present and more cancerous.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Soulbeasts are another plague too, 90% of them +1 you at 1800 range or use a kitten boon easy mode build and you can't win.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 50% are deadeyes, 20% noobeasts, 25% memsers and the rest 5% just normal roaming builds.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Even spellbreaker is a fair build compared to those cheesy lame builds.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > So yeah, from what I learnt toughness won't help in outnumbers against decent players anyway, so better just go full damage and playing more high risk and aggressive.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And which class do you play?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Playing power herald staff + sword/sword, I have 82 hours on the profession only.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I run Marauder weapons and armor with dura runes and full zerk trinkets and backpiece, I have about 2450 armor, I was wondering if add toughness trinkets like cavs, but it doesn't seems it makes a big difference, having 3k or 2.5k armor is useless against those deadeyes, soulbeasts and other heavy power builds.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > with a little armor+hp etc. you will be able to survive the 'malicious backstab out of nowhere'. after that its a question if your possibly superior skill is enough to offset the possible difference in buildquality for that fight. but as said above that is only possible if you assume them to be bad to begin with.

> > > > >

> > > > > Dunno, i was running 3.2k armor and a full malice backstab, maybe this guy was full zerk scholar rune, got me for 23k crit... so it's useless.

> > > >

> > > > yes a full malice backstab but that is not out of nowhere. or i havent figured how to instantly build 7 malice without the target noticing, got to wait for the next hizen guide i guess...

> > >

> > > Well, but playing deadeye yourself, you should know you can build malice pretty easily right? And then dodge spam perma stealth without counterplay?

> > >

> > > I revealed him andhe used elite and so it was useless, so I gave up the fight and walked away and boom 23k malicious backstab.

> > >

> > > Wonder why 90% of players in wvw are deadeyes right now.

> > >

> > > On desolation right now there is a new trend, seems a condi hybrid deadeye, he landed on me like 10k DJ but i gave me also confusion torment immob and 10 stacks of poison who destroyed me in few seconds.

> > >

> > > It's becoming a pretty cancerous build abused by literally every noobs.

> > >

> > > The different is, against noobs you have a chance at killing them because they do mistakes, against a good opponent he won't die unless he want to.

> > >

> > > I know you wanna defende your profession you are having fun with, but I would appreciate honesty more instead.

> >

> > One of the builds I run on one of my characters is a hybrid deadeye from POF launch and it is one of the more potent effective builds but mine comes at a price for loading that much dmg, if that person has a similar build to mine then they only have one or no stun breaks and it relies heavily on deaths retreat. I actually don't use secondary weapon much at all, but could probably run another rifle just for on swap runes. Did they just use rifle? I'm paired with gandarra but I haven't used this hybrid thief this matchup, but hybrid deadeyes I don't come across often unless it was a similar build to boots bad build (immob monster and does about 10k dj, I'm assuming this is carrion+adventure runes maybe), but haven't seen anything similar to mine yet. Mine loads everything in first few seconds, but done in a manner to make the enemy waste condi clear and loading stuff on top that cannot be cleared easily and if I want I can finish with DJ, trb or skirmishers shot and my rotation is easily chained back to the beginning for an almost non stop assault. It's not meant for outnumbered though. Almost all my ini is mainly reserved for deaths retreat though, I don't actually attack with my rifle much at all and the only time I ever swapped to my DD set was only for cloak and dagger for stomps. If you come across another hybrid deadeye I'd be interested to know what they run as I'm not sure what current builds you've been seeing proliferating. I mostly see the one that hizen is responsible for lol. Now I'm going to have to look for some deso deadeyes hehe

>

> I am running hybrid DE with Grievers using P/d. SB is off hand. Shadowstrike works much like Deaths retreat albeit hits harder and applies more conditions. After malice build I try and do sneak attack for the power damage + torment/bleeds. I found with rifle if one not using Venoms the only Condi add is via an Immob via panic strike and as far iwas concerned that still more a power build.

I'm going to have to try this - I know you've been using pd for a long time but that is the only set I have not spent much time on, I think the last time was maybe early 2k16. I think you've posted your build before if I'm not mistaken, but if you don't mind would you be able to message it to me or something or just a general idea of what the build is like and what stats to aim for? I'm interested in trying different stuff. I'd like to do something that doesn't make me rely on rifle, but I still think I would have to take it just for mobility and strangely enough, snipers cover.

>

> But nobody can win a 1v2 "unless you get one lucky surprise kill on one of the two guys and then fight the other one." <--- Quoting myself, this is doable by mirage.

>

> Thanks for your constructing post. Now you can get out out of here thanks.

Why should I? Just because you don't agree with my opinion?

In WvW there were always classes (or builds) that do better in roaming and others that simply don't. And your Revenant is for sure one of the better performing classes.

Shatter Mesmer one-shotted you already in core if you were unlucky and perma-stealth Deadeye is very annoying, I agree. But your Soulbeast problem is seriously a lern to play issue...

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > @"babazhook.6805" said:

> > > @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Yeah this past two days of roaming after reset are really a pain, matched up with Gankdara and Ganksolation servers.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It's a constant gank by 5 plus people vs me.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > As soon as I find a fair 1vs1 and I am about to win, literally out of nowhere appears a trash ganker who +1 the fight and kill me.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The majority are oneshot deadeyes, who just root me and oneshot me with DJ or MB, sometimes reacting fast I can tp to them, reveal them and oneshot them too, but the good ones just run the remove reveal elite, so it is useless.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Power mirages never oneshot me 100-0, because I can evade their burst better since it's kinda telegraphed, it is still a cheesy build abused by noobs who wants easy kills, but yeah nothing new under the sun.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Condi mirages are way more present and more cancerous.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Soulbeasts are another plague too, 90% of them +1 you at 1800 range or use a kitten boon easy mode build and you can't win.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > 50% are deadeyes, 20% noobeasts, 25% memsers and the rest 5% just normal roaming builds.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Even spellbreaker is a fair build compared to those cheesy lame builds.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > So yeah, from what I learnt toughness won't help in outnumbers against decent players anyway, so better just go full damage and playing more high risk and aggressive.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And which class do you play?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Playing power herald staff + sword/sword, I have 82 hours on the profession only.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I run Marauder weapons and armor with dura runes and full zerk trinkets and backpiece, I have about 2450 armor, I was wondering if add toughness trinkets like cavs, but it doesn't seems it makes a big difference, having 3k or 2.5k armor is useless against those deadeyes, soulbeasts and other heavy power builds.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > with a little armor+hp etc. you will be able to survive the 'malicious backstab out of nowhere'. after that its a question if your possibly superior skill is enough to offset the possible difference in buildquality for that fight. but as said above that is only possible if you assume them to be bad to begin with.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dunno, i was running 3.2k armor and a full malice backstab, maybe this guy was full zerk scholar rune, got me for 23k crit... so it's useless.

> > > > >

> > > > > yes a full malice backstab but that is not out of nowhere. or i havent figured how to instantly build 7 malice without the target noticing, got to wait for the next hizen guide i guess...

> > > >

> > > > Well, but playing deadeye yourself, you should know you can build malice pretty easily right? And then dodge spam perma stealth without counterplay?

> > > >

> > > > I revealed him andhe used elite and so it was useless, so I gave up the fight and walked away and boom 23k malicious backstab.

> > > >

> > > > Wonder why 90% of players in wvw are deadeyes right now.

> > > >

> > > > On desolation right now there is a new trend, seems a condi hybrid deadeye, he landed on me like 10k DJ but i gave me also confusion torment immob and 10 stacks of poison who destroyed me in few seconds.

> > > >

> > > > It's becoming a pretty cancerous build abused by literally every noobs.

> > > >

> > > > The different is, against noobs you have a chance at killing them because they do mistakes, against a good opponent he won't die unless he want to.

> > > >

> > > > I know you wanna defende your profession you are having fun with, but I would appreciate honesty more instead.

> > >

> > > One of the builds I run on one of my characters is a hybrid deadeye from POF launch and it is one of the more potent effective builds but mine comes at a price for loading that much dmg, if that person has a similar build to mine then they only have one or no stun breaks and it relies heavily on deaths retreat. I actually don't use secondary weapon much at all, but could probably run another rifle just for on swap runes. Did they just use rifle? I'm paired with gandarra but I haven't used this hybrid thief this matchup, but hybrid deadeyes I don't come across often unless it was a similar build to boots bad build (immob monster and does about 10k dj, I'm assuming this is carrion+adventure runes maybe), but haven't seen anything similar to mine yet. Mine loads everything in first few seconds, but done in a manner to make the enemy waste condi clear and loading stuff on top that cannot be cleared easily and if I want I can finish with DJ, trb or skirmishers shot and my rotation is easily chained back to the beginning for an almost non stop assault. It's not meant for outnumbered though. Almost all my ini is mainly reserved for deaths retreat though, I don't actually attack with my rifle much at all and the only time I ever swapped to my DD set was only for cloak and dagger for stomps. If you come across another hybrid deadeye I'd be interested to know what they run as I'm not sure what current builds you've been seeing proliferating. I mostly see the one that hizen is responsible for lol. Now I'm going to have to look for some deso deadeyes hehe

> >

> > I am running hybrid DE with Grievers using P/d. SB is off hand. Shadowstrike works much like Deaths retreat albeit hits harder and applies more conditions. After malice build I try and do sneak attack for the power damage + torment/bleeds. I found with rifle if one not using Venoms the only Condi add is via an Immob via panic strike and as far iwas concerned that still more a power build.

>

> I'm going to have to try this - I know you've been using pd for a long time but that is the only set I have not spent much time on, I think the last time was maybe early 2k16. I think you've posted your build before if I'm not mistaken, but if you don't mind would you be able to message it to me or something or just a general idea of what the build is like and what stats to aim for? I'm interested in trying different stuff. I'd like to do something that doesn't make me rely on rifle, but I still think I would have to take it just for mobility and strangely enough, snipers cover.

Rifle can certainly be used in lieu of SB. The Build is fragile when compared to others so you have to be able to use resources to defend yourself. . Keep in mind I still "experiment" with it trying to determine the rune and combo of stats that work best. Currently it at around 2240 power base , 1440 condition base , 17400 health base , 39 percent crit base and 185 ferocity base. This is using a DA/CS/De loadout which I have just started on to see if I can manage the all in on damage approach. (armor is 2230)

There no durations of any type in the build for conditions.

Now I only recently went the CS route using all other lines prior in place of it outside Acro each having their own advantages. My Gut feel is that it was better overall with the TR line just for BA as that confusion really was useful as a defensive tool added to the damage. SA was just better survival wise. If I go back to TR or SA i will use wurm runes.

I think the numbers you should shoot for are around 2200 power 1400 condition 40 percent precision with 16K+ health and 180 plus ferocity. Getting Might to stack is key and while you can do do with rifle , I found when you did that you just burn off the INI for power attacks. I also think DA is needed along with Improv. Mercy should always be on toolbar . It hard to get those numbers precisely with your gear comboes but get as close as possible. If you sacrifice too too much in any of them you might as well stick with a power load or condition load.

None. Someone with sentinel or Nomad gear and and all sorts of passive life-saving traits and survival skills can still be quickly taken down in no time. If the first hit fails, they will just go into stealth, wait for recharges and do it again before survival skills and traits recharge.

To survive in roaming, either use sneaky builds too, get people for a small roaming party, or play late at night when most people is sleeping.