Do you prefer 1st Gen over 2nd Gen Legendary's

Sazukikrah.5036

I think Eternity is one of or maybe the best Greatsword design/theme in gaming history. Even owning one for so long I still get lost gazing into the inter-dimensional world whether it's from the blade trail, footfalls or the blade itself. I am always changing my angles and see new colors and shapes. It's just fantastic and the name it self is amazing. I still remember the first time I wielded it, probably the most exciting time in my GW2 history.

There are some great designs from both generations.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Scar.1793" said:

> Joke weapons such as the unicorn shortbow, gen2 shield are just disgusting and kills immersion. Not even sure why someone would be wasting gold on these but whatever. Not my problem I guess.

Love my unicorn bow personally, if i had a character that had pistols that i used often id have quip. Its all down to taste, personally ive mixed a very serious theme on my ranger with the unicorn bow so that it evens out. i like the final looks.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > Joke weapons such as the unicorn shortbow, gen2 shield are just disgusting and kills immersion. Not even sure why someone would be wasting gold on these but whatever. Not my problem I guess.

>

> Love my unicorn bow personally, if i had a character that had pistols that i used often id have quip. Its all down to taste, personally ive mixed a very serious theme on my ranger with the unicorn bow so that it evens out. i like the final looks.

Wish we could disable them tbh lol

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > Joke weapons such as the unicorn shortbow, gen2 shield are just disgusting and kills immersion. Not even sure why someone would be wasting gold on these but whatever. Not my problem I guess.

>

> Love my unicorn bow personally, if i had a character that had pistols that i used often id have quip. Its all down to taste, personally ive mixed a very serious theme on my ranger with the unicorn bow so that it evens out. i like the final looks.

Honestly the gen 2 shortbow is silly too, I mean it fires tigers. A bow that shoots tigers is something I'd expect in Dr. McNinja or Axe Cop IE: an over the top setting that's tongue in cheek about how over the top it is.

I don't have any problem with that kind of thing being in Guild Wars 2 though.

> @"Scar.1793" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > Joke weapons such as the unicorn shortbow, gen2 shield are just disgusting and kills immersion. Not even sure why someone would be wasting gold on these but whatever. Not my problem I guess.

> >

> > Love my unicorn bow personally, if i had a character that had pistols that i used often id have quip. Its all down to taste, personally ive mixed a very serious theme on my ranger with the unicorn bow so that it evens out. i like the final looks.

>

> Wish we could disable them tbh lol

>

at least you can disable the sounds on them, i know i did as soon as that option was added.

> @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > Joke weapons such as the unicorn shortbow, gen2 shield are just disgusting and kills immersion. Not even sure why someone would be wasting gold on these but whatever. Not my problem I guess.

> >

> > Love my unicorn bow personally, if i had a character that had pistols that i used often id have quip. Its all down to taste, personally ive mixed a very serious theme on my ranger with the unicorn bow so that it evens out. i like the final looks.

>

> Honestly the gen 2 shortbow is silly too, I mean it fires tigers. A bow that shoots tigers is something I'd expect in Dr. McNinja or Axe Cop IE: an over the top setting that's tongue in cheek about how over the top it is.

>

> I don't have any problem with that kind of thing being in Guild Wars 2 though.

Chuka and Champawat confers more respect by virtue of the actual model being the coolest "legendary" bow I've seen in any game ever. Like if I show bolt to someone who doesn't play GW2 they're like "Okay." But Chuka and Champawat gets people hyped.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > Joke weapons such as the unicorn shortbow, gen2 shield are just disgusting and kills immersion. Not even sure why someone would be wasting gold on these but whatever. Not my problem I guess.

> > >

> > > Love my unicorn bow personally, if i had a character that had pistols that i used often id have quip. Its all down to taste, personally ive mixed a very serious theme on my ranger with the unicorn bow so that it evens out. i like the final looks.

> >

> > Honestly the gen 2 shortbow is silly too, I mean it fires tigers. A bow that shoots tigers is something I'd expect in Dr. McNinja or Axe Cop IE: an over the top setting that's tongue in cheek about how over the top it is.

> >

> > I don't have any problem with that kind of thing being in Guild Wars 2 though.

>

> Chuka and Champawat confers more respect by virtue of the actual model being the coolest "legendary" bow I've seen in any game ever.

It's still over the top.

> @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"Scar.1793" said:

> > > > > Joke weapons such as the unicorn shortbow, gen2 shield are just disgusting and kills immersion. Not even sure why someone would be wasting gold on these but whatever. Not my problem I guess.

> > > >

> > > > Love my unicorn bow personally, if i had a character that had pistols that i used often id have quip. Its all down to taste, personally ive mixed a very serious theme on my ranger with the unicorn bow so that it evens out. i like the final looks.

> > >

> > > Honestly the gen 2 shortbow is silly too, I mean it fires tigers. A bow that shoots tigers is something I'd expect in Dr. McNinja or Axe Cop IE: an over the top setting that's tongue in cheek about how over the top it is.

> > >

> > > I don't have any problem with that kind of thing being in Guild Wars 2 though.

> >

> > Chuka and Champawat confers more respect by virtue of the actual model being the coolest "legendary" bow I've seen in any game ever.

>

> It's still over the top.

Being over the top is never the problem. It's how you do it.

> @"Haco.1546" said:

> Bifrost, Kudzu, Sunrise, Twilight, Eternity... I need to say more?

Admittedly, only **one** of those have a gen 2 counterpart yet.

We still have no idea how the gen 2 Longbow or Greatsword will look, so Kudzu and Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity can't fairly be used as a point in the comparison.

Legendary 1 by far for me.. I'm sorry but collection is a HUGE NO for me. I hate scavenger hunt. I just want to be able to craft the weapon and do whatever content I want next, thus, moved on fast after that.

They made it better after the first 4 2nd gen, but in return, a huge mats sink. I dont know whats better really... Honestly, for the weapons that I like, 1st gen wins it for me.

Kudzu, sunrise, twilight, eternity, rifle, incenerator, howler, flameseeker properchies, are some of my favorite.. while 2nd gen is only, Shinning blade, and nevermore for me.

Shortbow: Gen 2

Mace: Gen 2

Sword: Gen 2 (hard decision)

Hammer: Gen 1

Focus: Gen 2

Shield: Gen 1

Scepter: Gen 2

Rifle: Gen 1

Staff: Gen 1

Dagger: Gen 1

Pistol: Gen 2

Torch: Gen 1

Warhorn: Gen 1

Axe: Gen 2

Thus I have:

Gen 1=7

Gen 2=7

So it's a close fight for me.

(Aquatics, GS and longbow don't exist in Gen 2 so I can't make a comparison.)

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> Shortbow: Gen 2

> Mace: Gen 2

> Sword: Gen 2 (hard decision)

> Hammer: Gen 1

> Focus: Gen 2

> Shield: Gen 1

> Scepter: Gen 2

> Rifle: Gen 1

> Staff: Gen 1

> Dagger: Gen 1

> Pistol: Gen 2

> Torch: Gen 1

> Warhorn: Gen 1

> Axe: Gen 2

>

> Thus I have:

> Gen 1=7

> Gen 2=7

> So it's a close fight for me.

>

> (Aquatics, GS and longbow don't exist in Gen 2 so I can't make a comparison.)

Funny, I think you hit exactly my selection, though I have a few more very close calls - apart from Sword, also Staff, Dagger and Scepter I could go for both/either depending on style of character. I guess that puts me at

Gen 1: 5

Gen 2: 5

Either: 4