• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Heibi.4251" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > It’s an issue that’s currently impacting less than 5% of the population based on gw2efficiency data.

> > > >

> > > > Then gw2efficiency data is wrong, because that means that only 5% of the population have POF, and that is not true.

> > >

> > > In no way does that mean that only 5% have PoF. Only a little over 4% of registered players have completed the collection step prior to the ones that require the sigils. Accounting for all of those that have completed variations of subsequent steps, that’s about 3% that are directly impeded at the moment because of sigils. Everyone else hasn’t even gotten to that point yet.

> >

> > Um, I'm at that point and have not paid the ransom for the sigils. As soon as I hit that point in the collection I stopped, hoping ANeT would actually address the issue. Guess they don't really care for the vast number of players out there that don't have unlimited gold.

>

> That's rather sensational. To be fair, you don't need unlimited gold for this set and there hasn't been much time since it was released to implement a fix IF Anet thinks it needs it.

If ANET perceived that the issues being seen were unintended and a fix reqd, they would of already disabled the content pending any fix otherwise the fix becomes unfair to those who already bought gems or burned through tomes and bought lvl up tokens etc.

The fact nothing has happened, not even a single worded uttered kinda suggests that all is working as they intended it to.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> Except exotic items can cost a lot, too. See a large amount of exotic mystic forge skins such as Mjolnir.

The 'items' you refer to are named exotic weapons which are mainly a "mystic coins' sink" hence the high price to craft them. There isn't a single exotic armor set that has even half the cost of the requiem's.

> @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> "affect" doesn't mean that it's a problem only for the ppl that have started the collection. It means that it will be an issue for everyone that can (and probably would) start it. Many of them, the vast majority, won't even start it now because of the ridiculous sigil thing.

Sadly this topic requires us to explain the obvious.

I can easily afford 25 of these sigils at the current price, but that doesn't mean I think it's worth it or even fair at that price.

What really bothers me and prevents me from buying them at this price is that the only people benefitting from this anet mistake are those who were early enough to see and react to buy it all out. 4 stacks of these sigils at 2 silver is enough to make over 10k gold at an investment price of just 20g. It's clear (i hope) that anet never intented for this to happen when they designed the recipe for the armor when the sigil was just 2s at the time the content was made available, but somehow they implement things without wondering about the effects it has on the market. Just poor and unprofessional user design.

The full armor set is not interesting enough for the amount of gold it would take to make. If anet doesn't come with an alternative way to get them, I'll just settle with the glove at some point after spending my tomes to get 10 sigils.

> @"Dreddo.9865" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > Except exotic items can cost a lot, too. See a large amount of exotic mystic forge skins such as Mjolnir.

> The 'items' you refer to are named exotic weapons which are mainly a "mystic coins' sink" hence the high price to craft them. There isn't a single exotic armor set that has even half the cost of the requiem's.

>

> > @"Pirindolo.9427" said:

> > "affect" doesn't mean that it's a problem only for the ppl that have started the collection. It means that it will be an issue for everyone that can (and probably would) start it. Many of them, the vast majority, won't even start it now because of the ridiculous sigil thing.

> Sadly this topic requires us to explain the obvious.

And because exotic was so easy to aquire Anet had to invent a new tier. They did not expect exotic to be so easy to get. Cheap exotics were basically an accident.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> If ANET perceived that the issues being seen were unintended and a fix reqd, they would of already disabled the content pending any fix otherwise the fix becomes unfair to those who already bought gems or burned through tomes and bought lvl up tokens etc.

They never do that (disabling the content until it gets fixed), unless the problem is in players' favour (and heavily so), or it is plain broken (crashes etc).

> The fact nothing has happened, not even a single worded uttered kinda suggests that all is working as they intended it to.

That's the exact opposite of what i get from it. It's when things go south that they fully engage in silent mode.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> If ANET perceived that the issues being seen were unintended and a fix reqd, they would of already disabled the content pending any fix otherwise the fix becomes unfair to those who already bought gems or burned through tomes and bought lvl up tokens etc.

> The fact nothing has happened, not even a single worded uttered kinda suggests that all is working as they intended it to.

Until an anet dev makes an actual statement and posts that it is intended to be this way, then everyone saying it's intended are just spitting out opinions. There have been so many bugs with traits, skill, events, and instances that were fixed because they weren't working as intended and weren't disabled at all and just took awhile to patch.

> @"Retsuko.2035" said:

> I can easily afford 25 of these sigils at the current price, but that doesn't mean I think it's worth it or even fair at that price.

>

> What really bothers me and prevents me from buying them at this price is that the only people benefitting from this anet mistake are those who were early enough to see and react to buy it all out. 4 stacks of these sigils at 2 silver is enough to make over 10k gold at an investment price of just 20g. It's clear (i hope) that anet never intented for this to happen when they designed the recipe for the armor when the sigil was just 2s at the time the content was made available, but somehow they implement things without wondering about the effects it has on the market. Just poor and unprofessional user design.

>

> The full armor set is not interesting enough for the amount of gold it would take to make. If anet doesn't come with an alternative way to get them, I'll just settle with the glove at some point after spending my tomes to get 10 sigils.

Same, I might even buy the whole set for 400g or so if it was gold sent to an NPC but I refuse to be part of assholes who are ruining whole swaths of the game for tons of players for their own greed.

Feels bad man, they did a good job, they created good content and a nice armor set and now random players and their own inability to address the issue are ruining it. I can not fathom why they can't just have Gaile drop by and say "we're looking into a solution hold tight" and calm things down, just ya know SOMETHING.

Was excited to do this, got to the first part needing the sigils and my mouth just dropped open. I don't have the fucking time to play this game long enough to make the money for the armor, and I sure as hell don't want to 'wait for the price drop' or buy gold with gems. This sort of stuff reminds me of the BS that happened in WoW for years.. just.. remove the freaking sigils from the cost. Achievements are suppose to give you a sense of achievement, spending 200g on a single ingrediate (Which goes to players btw) to get some freaking cosmetics doesn't leave me with a feeling of achievement like with the Griffon, I in fact, get the opposite effect.

> @"Rakant.7241" said:

> Was excited to do this, got to the first part needing the sigils and my mouth just dropped open. I don't have the kitten time to play this game long enough to make the money for the armor, and I sure as hell don't want to 'wait for the price drop' or buy gold with gems. This sort of stuff reminds me of the BS that happened in WoW for years.. just.. remove the freaking sigils from the cost. Achievements are suppose to give you a sense of achievement, spending 200g on a single ingrediate (Which goes to players btw) to get some freaking cosmetics doesn't leave me with a feeling of achievement like with the Griffon, I in fact, get the opposite effect.

aint it closer to 325 gold if they are 13 a pop and you need 25?

> @"Atticus.7194" said:

> I can not fathom why they can't just have Gaile drop by and say "we're looking into a solution hold tight" and calm things down, just ya know SOMETHING.

Speculation on my part, but I suspect with the Halloween event right around the corner, all manpower is probably dedicated to that. A fix for this debacle might require more effort than just a few lines of code.

Whatever happens behind the scenes, I too got up to the point where I saw the price of the sigils and bowed out. As has been mentioned, I too refuse to give a dime to some bloke who's buddies with the right people to know ahead of time and/or data-miner.

There is no way Anet will put in a fix so that these sigils can be crafted or obtained on the cheap, too many people have already spent 5g 10g or even 15g to finish these collections. For Anet to do that now would just be a slap in the face to those people who grinded that gold in order to buy them.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Imagine iron ore in a mine. At what point does it become supply to the market? Was it billions of years ago or is it once it is mined and refined?

>

> What you fail at is understanding that the term "supply" can refer to very different types of supply yet you use the term synonymous as though it always meant the same.

This is hilariously erroneous.

Ore in the Earth arrived there by cosmic chance. The universe or the planet is not sentient, thus absolving it of any role in the market.

The dev team, however and until proven otherwise, so far as I know, is sentient and does have an impact on both supply and demand. To argue otherwise is just suspiciously obtuse.

> @"Hanth.2978" said:

> There is no way Anet will put in a fix so that these sigils can be crafted or obtained on the cheap, too many people have already spent 5g 10g or even 15g to finish these collections. For Anet to do that now would just be a slap in the face to those people who grinded that gold in order to buy them.

Well, clearly those people were confortable enough to pay that price, why would they feel bad if they willingly gave their gold to the barons, even if they knew it was a rip off, they are part of the problem in the first place.

> @"Hanth.2978" said:

> There is no way Anet will put in a fix so that these sigils can be crafted or obtained on the cheap, too many people have already spent 5g 10g or even 15g to finish these collections. For Anet to do that now would just be a slap in the face to those people who grinded that gold in order to buy them.

Sure they would. They've actually done things like that before, like giving us another (albeit very unlikely) way to get invisible shoes during the Four Winds festival. Some people were actually upset about that, and that's a much higher price item than this armor even now.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> And because exotic was so easy to aquire Anet had to invent a new tier. They did not expect exotic to be so easy to get. Cheap exotics were basically an accident.

It's not about the tier rather than the item in question. No exotic armor set currently has the cost of the requiem.

> @"GinsuChef.3765" said:

> From Gw2efficicency, about 17,000 have finished Elegy. Of those, about 2,000 have finished Requiem. If the other 15,000 want to finish Requiem, they need a supply of 375,000 sigils.

This ^

It’s not so much the price but the supply. The incoming supply is insufficient to handle the number of players that are stalled and can’t finish this collection. And the numbers there are the tip of the iceberg as only a small fraction of players have an account on gw2efficiency. The actual number of sigils needed to supply the playerbase is much higher.

> @"Alurazle.5430" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > If ANET perceived that the issues being seen were unintended and a fix reqd, they would of already disabled the content pending any fix otherwise the fix becomes unfair to those who already bought gems or burned through tomes and bought lvl up tokens etc.

> > The fact nothing has happened, not even a single worded uttered kinda suggests that all is working as they intended it to.

> Until an anet dev makes an actual statement and posts that it is intended to be this way, then everyone saying it's intended are just spitting out opinions. There have been so many bugs with traits, skill, events, and instances that were fixed because they weren't working as intended and weren't disabled at all and just took awhile to patch.

It's ok to be positive, but if 900 posts are not enough to get an answer, I recommend you otherwise in this case.

Good old sigils will remain like now... forever.

As Dante wrote it: "abandon all hope".

> @"Scalpels.2809" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > Imagine iron ore in a mine. At what point does it become supply to the market? Was it billions of years ago or is it once it is mined and refined?

> >

> > What you fail at is understanding that the term "supply" can refer to very different types of supply yet you use the term synonymous as though it always meant the same.

>

> This is hilariously erroneous.

>

> Ore in the Earth arrived there by cosmic chance. The universe or the planet is not sentient, thus absolving it of any role in the market.

>

> The dev team, however and until proven otherwise, so far as I know, is sentient and does have an impact on both supply and demand. To argue otherwise is just suspiciously obtuse.

For it being so hilarious, you missed the point I was making by a galaxy.

The planet being non sentient has nothing to do with the fact that a natural resource not yet mined or harvested does not count as supply in the market.

Similar to a Sigil not yet acquired. ArenaNet sets the framework of how the Sigils can be acquired similar to how the Earth was created billions of years ago. Again setting the Framework for the supply but not providing the supply to the market.

The difference being that the games framework can be changed, something I never disputed and never disagreed with.