Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

> @"Carighan.6758" said:

> Honestly given the state of the economy something taking excess materials off the market in thousands is really good.

>

> Buuuuut, it shouldn't only target something which is already rare to begin with, especially because frankly no one needs/wants these sigils. If it were **any** superior sigil but we'd need many many many more, that'd be good.

That would have been better, yes. Like a stack of any sup sigil, something like that . . .

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"KhryzisOP.1069" said:

> > I personally have not seen it at 15, I saw it at 10, then 12 yesterday, and 13 today.

> >

>

> Several sites offer TP history, such as tjis one: https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/24572-Superior-Sigil-of-Nullification

Hmm, the queue before reaching 1,50 gold is quite long... I think I'm going to complete Flight of Fancy and Migraine (the only achievements that I need to complete all the story journal, apart from Requiem) before than this.

Thanks for the link, it lets you see a longer queue.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"KhryzisOP.1069" said:

> >

> > > The price will begin dropping hours or 1-2 days after it has peaked. Probably within 1 week.

> > >

> > > No, the price will not reach 2s any time soon, but that is not a health place for a Sigil te be in any way.

> > >

> > > It is about getting the shiny now. Price insensitive buyers are willing to purchase their Sigils now not willing to wait until prices drop. Over an entire market this causes a massive spike.

> >

> >

> > hmmmm. seems to have quadrupled, and not dropped. good call. feel free to grind to level 64 25 times to get the sigils to replenish the supply.

> >

> >

>

> Well it was 15-16 gold and down to 12 now so seem to be going down slowly.

15-16 good was a spike when supply was down to under 100.. meaning there would be very little market action as fewer and fewer players were actually able to buy it at any time.. hence the sudden pump of sigils by those who try to manipulate it.. supply has remained 1100-1400 for like 10 days now, so either there is a lot of re levelling going on above and beyond personal need or there is one hell of a lot of luck being pushed out by the RNG gods to keep it at those levels. more likely there has been a genuine drop of in enthusiasm to purchase at this manipulated normalisation of the price or there is a more constant trickle of supply still being pumped in above normal sellers.

I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:.

> > > > > Yes, the entire thread did get derailed by the price discussion, and I also agree that you are very interested in talking about the price, when what is actually at issue is what caused the price to become artificially inflated. This is why I call it a distraction . . .

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Well considering that price is the main issue as players wouldn’t be complaining about its acquisition had it remained at 2 silver. Its acquisition is indeed one of the leading drivers for the price but players would have cared less about that if the price had remained at 2 silver.

> > >

> > > If the sigil did remain at 2 silver we wouldn’t have all these forum and reddit posts.

> >

> > Exactly.

>

> However it didn’t and now we do.

I rpefer the item having value tbh.

> @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

>

> Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

>

High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> >

> > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> >

>

> High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

That’s just speculation that people make whenever something has a higher price than they’d prefer.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> > >

> > > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> > >

> >

> > High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

>

> That’s just speculation that people make whenever something has a higher price than they’d prefer.

It is ye, but might hold some truth honestly.

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> >

> > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> >

>

> High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

Exactly this.. keeping supply around 1100-1400 is maintaining 11-12gold price... looking at the graph posted the other day, it looks like demand is vastly outstripping supply, but at the same time purchasing is small and sporadic each day now.. perhaps why supply isn't dropping all that much and what small drops there are is either being filled by normal gameplay sellers or still some small trickle feeding.

I said way back in this thread, with no viably reliable supply into the market prices will remain high for siome time as demand outstrips it.. or players just lose interest waiting for sufficient supply to enter the market to allow enough to complete the set or push prices down.. hence why this kind of steer to gem sales might actually backfire when players begin to vote with their wallets aside from the obvious whales they expect to net during the initial surge. Of course players may then begin to think twice about buying anything from the gemstore for some time as well in defiance to this terrabad collection malarkey.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> > >

> > > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> > >

> >

> > High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

>

> That’s just speculation that people make whenever something has a higher price than they’d prefer.

Lol.. speculation. Are you trying to say this isn't... last time I checked ANET were a business not a charity, therefore

Everything in game has some kind of revenue opportunity attached to it, but this is more aggressive and without a fixed price for the collection it has made it stupidly unfair across the playerbase.. I am of the mind this is just one of the reasons that actual completion is slow, players are not impressed with the lack of opportunity to reliably source their own supply of sigils and rather than pay a manipulated price they are simply leaving it to chance in game or lost interest in even trying. ANET on the other hand may of thought if the completion could be slowed sufficiently long enough, players wouldchoose to give in and buy gems to convert, which of course may still happen but that is the risk this kind of power steer brings and personally I hope it ends up biting them hard enough to make them reconsider future game design in the future.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> > > >

> > > > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> > > >

> > >

> > > High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

> >

> > That’s just speculation that people make whenever something has a higher price than they’d prefer.

>

> Lol.. speculation. Are you trying to say this isn't... last time I checked ANET were a business not a charity, therefore

> Everything in game has some kind of revenue opportunity attached to it, but this is more aggressive and without a fixed price for the collection it has made it stupidly unfair across the playerbase.. I am of the mind this is just one of the reasons that actual completion is slow, players are not impressed with the lack of opportunity to reliably source their own supply of sigils and rather than pay a manipulated price they are simply leaving it to chance in game or lost interest in even trying. ANET on the other hand may of thought if the completion could be slowed sufficiently long enough, players wouldchoose to give in and buy gems to convert, which of course may still happen but that is the risk this kind of power steer brings and personally I hope it ends up biting them hard enough to make them reconsider future game design in the future.

It’s speculation to assume that they intentional make in-game items have a certain price to drive gem->gold sales.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

> > >

> > > That’s just speculation that people make whenever something has a higher price than they’d prefer.

> >

> > Lol.. speculation. Are you trying to say this isn't... last time I checked ANET were a business not a charity, therefore

> > Everything in game has some kind of revenue opportunity attached to it, but this is more aggressive and without a fixed price for the collection it has made it stupidly unfair across the playerbase.. I am of the mind this is just one of the reasons that actual completion is slow, players are not impressed with the lack of opportunity to reliably source their own supply of sigils and rather than pay a manipulated price they are simply leaving it to chance in game or lost interest in even trying. ANET on the other hand may of thought if the completion could be slowed sufficiently long enough, players wouldchoose to give in and buy gems to convert, which of course may still happen but that is the risk this kind of power steer brings and personally I hope it ends up biting them hard enough to make them reconsider future game design in the future.

>

> It’s speculation to assume that they intentional make in-game items have a certain price to drive gem->gold sales.

It would be without evidence, but given the facts at hand it's a rational conclusion to draw. Lots of rational conclusions are incorrect ofc, but it's as viable an explanation as any that has been presented . . .

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

> > >

> > > That’s just speculation that people make whenever something has a higher price than they’d prefer.

> >

> > Lol.. speculation. Are you trying to say this isn't... last time I checked ANET were a business not a charity, therefore

> > Everything in game has some kind of revenue opportunity attached to it, but this is more aggressive and without a fixed price for the collection it has made it stupidly unfair across the playerbase.. I am of the mind this is just one of the reasons that actual completion is slow, players are not impressed with the lack of opportunity to reliably source their own supply of sigils and rather than pay a manipulated price they are simply leaving it to chance in game or lost interest in even trying. ANET on the other hand may of thought if the completion could be slowed sufficiently long enough, players wouldchoose to give in and buy gems to convert, which of course may still happen but that is the risk this kind of power steer brings and personally I hope it ends up biting them hard enough to make them reconsider future game design in the future.

>

> It’s speculation to assume that they intentional make in-game items have a certain price to drive gem->gold sales.

No one said ANET made this to have a certain price ...but they have implemented a collection that has by design allowed market manipulation to grossly inflate an items price sufficiently whilst also purposely culling completion rates by way of supply deprivation so as to maintain inflated prices for longer.

ANET can't make an item move to a certain price, they can only pave the way for item to become inflated and so push a gem sale flurry... hopefully.

As I already said they did not need to do what they have done to steer gem sales... a fixed price for all would of had the same effect. Now players are likely pulling away from gems conversion and just farming gold whilst hoping to get lucky. Or worse not even bothering with it full stop any more

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

> > > >

> > > > That’s just speculation that people make whenever something has a higher price than they’d prefer.

> > >

> > > Lol.. speculation. Are you trying to say this isn't... last time I checked ANET were a business not a charity, therefore

> > > Everything in game has some kind of revenue opportunity attached to it, but this is more aggressive and without a fixed price for the collection it has made it stupidly unfair across the playerbase.. I am of the mind this is just one of the reasons that actual completion is slow, players are not impressed with the lack of opportunity to reliably source their own supply of sigils and rather than pay a manipulated price they are simply leaving it to chance in game or lost interest in even trying. ANET on the other hand may of thought if the completion could be slowed sufficiently long enough, players wouldchoose to give in and buy gems to convert, which of course may still happen but that is the risk this kind of power steer brings and personally I hope it ends up biting them hard enough to make them reconsider future game design in the future.

> >

> > It’s speculation to assume that they intentional make in-game items have a certain price to drive gem->gold sales.

>

> It would be without evidence, but given the facts at hand it's a rational conclusion to draw. Lots of rational conclusions are incorrect ofc, but it's as viable an explanation as any that has been presented . . .

True that it is a rational conclusion. Have we seen any cases where this turned out to be true?

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

> > > >

> > > > That’s just speculation that people make whenever something has a higher price than they’d prefer.

> > >

> > > Lol.. speculation. Are you trying to say this isn't... last time I checked ANET were a business not a charity, therefore

> > > Everything in game has some kind of revenue opportunity attached to it, but this is more aggressive and without a fixed price for the collection it has made it stupidly unfair across the playerbase.. I am of the mind this is just one of the reasons that actual completion is slow, players are not impressed with the lack of opportunity to reliably source their own supply of sigils and rather than pay a manipulated price they are simply leaving it to chance in game or lost interest in even trying. ANET on the other hand may of thought if the completion could be slowed sufficiently long enough, players wouldchoose to give in and buy gems to convert, which of course may still happen but that is the risk this kind of power steer brings and personally I hope it ends up biting them hard enough to make them reconsider future game design in the future.

> >

> > It’s speculation to assume that they intentional make in-game items have a certain price to drive gem->gold sales.

>

> No one said ANET made this to have a certain price ...but they have implemented a collection that has by design allowed market manipulation to grossly inflate an items price sufficiently whilst also purposely culling completion rates by way of supply deprivation so as to maintain inflated prices for longer.

> ANET can't make an item move to a certain price, they can only pave the way for item to become inflated and so push a gem sale flurry... hopefully.

> As I already said they did not need to do what they have done to steer gem sales... a fixed price for all would of had the same effect. Now players are likely pulling away from gems conversion and just farming gold whilst hoping to get lucky. Or worse not even bothering with it full stop any more

Sorry. I was referring to the price level in a general sense like how they price legendary weapons.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

> > > > >

> > > > > That’s just speculation that people make whenever something has a higher price than they’d prefer.

> > > >

> > > > Lol.. speculation. Are you trying to say this isn't... last time I checked ANET were a business not a charity, therefore

> > > > Everything in game has some kind of revenue opportunity attached to it, but this is more aggressive and without a fixed price for the collection it has made it stupidly unfair across the playerbase.. I am of the mind this is just one of the reasons that actual completion is slow, players are not impressed with the lack of opportunity to reliably source their own supply of sigils and rather than pay a manipulated price they are simply leaving it to chance in game or lost interest in even trying. ANET on the other hand may of thought if the completion could be slowed sufficiently long enough, players wouldchoose to give in and buy gems to convert, which of course may still happen but that is the risk this kind of power steer brings and personally I hope it ends up biting them hard enough to make them reconsider future game design in the future.

> > >

> > > It’s speculation to assume that they intentional make in-game items have a certain price to drive gem->gold sales.

> >

> > It would be without evidence, but given the facts at hand it's a rational conclusion to draw. Lots of rational conclusions are incorrect ofc, but it's as viable an explanation as any that has been presented . . .

>

> True that it is a rational conclusion. Have we seen any cases where this turned out to be true?

>

Ofc. The griffon collection motivated gem sales, and impressively so . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> It would be without evidence, but given the facts at hand it's a rational conclusion to draw. Lots of rational conclusions are incorrect ofc, but it's as viable an explanation as any that has been presented . . .

Not sure it's a ration conclusion at all ... there are more effective and direct ways for Anet to sell gems with more appeal to the market without drawing the ire of the community. Not only that, but we know Anet already does these ways. If they just wanted more revenue, they would release more gemstore things, not take some indirect way like this to do it.

> Ofc. The griffon collection motivated gem sales, and impressively so . . .

Impressively so ... like how? I have no doubt that some people take the easy way to get gold by converting gems, but nothing ingame indicates how 'impressive' the amount of gold enters the game from people buying gems, not even griffon collection.

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That’s just speculation that people make whenever something has a higher price than they’d prefer.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lol.. speculation. Are you trying to say this isn't... last time I checked ANET were a business not a charity, therefore

> > > > > Everything in game has some kind of revenue opportunity attached to it, but this is more aggressive and without a fixed price for the collection it has made it stupidly unfair across the playerbase.. I am of the mind this is just one of the reasons that actual completion is slow, players are not impressed with the lack of opportunity to reliably source their own supply of sigils and rather than pay a manipulated price they are simply leaving it to chance in game or lost interest in even trying. ANET on the other hand may of thought if the completion could be slowed sufficiently long enough, players wouldchoose to give in and buy gems to convert, which of course may still happen but that is the risk this kind of power steer brings and personally I hope it ends up biting them hard enough to make them reconsider future game design in the future.

> > > >

> > > > It’s speculation to assume that they intentional make in-game items have a certain price to drive gem->gold sales.

> > >

> > > It would be without evidence, but given the facts at hand it's a rational conclusion to draw. Lots of rational conclusions are incorrect ofc, but it's as viable an explanation as any that has been presented . . .

> >

> > True that it is a rational conclusion. Have we seen any cases where this turned out to be true?

> >

>

> Ofc. The griffon collection motivated gem sales, and impressively so . . .

Source?

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That’s just speculation that people make whenever something has a higher price than they’d prefer.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lol.. speculation. Are you trying to say this isn't... last time I checked ANET were a business not a charity, therefore

> > > > > > Everything in game has some kind of revenue opportunity attached to it, but this is more aggressive and without a fixed price for the collection it has made it stupidly unfair across the playerbase.. I am of the mind this is just one of the reasons that actual completion is slow, players are not impressed with the lack of opportunity to reliably source their own supply of sigils and rather than pay a manipulated price they are simply leaving it to chance in game or lost interest in even trying. ANET on the other hand may of thought if the completion could be slowed sufficiently long enough, players wouldchoose to give in and buy gems to convert, which of course may still happen but that is the risk this kind of power steer brings and personally I hope it ends up biting them hard enough to make them reconsider future game design in the future.

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s speculation to assume that they intentional make in-game items have a certain price to drive gem->gold sales.

> > > >

> > > > It would be without evidence, but given the facts at hand it's a rational conclusion to draw. Lots of rational conclusions are incorrect ofc, but it's as viable an explanation as any that has been presented . . .

> > >

> > > True that it is a rational conclusion. Have we seen any cases where this turned out to be true?

> > >

> >

> > Ofc. The griffon collection motivated gem sales, and impressively so . . .

>

> Source?

Observation . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That’s just speculation that people make whenever something has a higher price than they’d prefer.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Lol.. speculation. Are you trying to say this isn't... last time I checked ANET were a business not a charity, therefore

> > > > > > > Everything in game has some kind of revenue opportunity attached to it, but this is more aggressive and without a fixed price for the collection it has made it stupidly unfair across the playerbase.. I am of the mind this is just one of the reasons that actual completion is slow, players are not impressed with the lack of opportunity to reliably source their own supply of sigils and rather than pay a manipulated price they are simply leaving it to chance in game or lost interest in even trying. ANET on the other hand may of thought if the completion could be slowed sufficiently long enough, players wouldchoose to give in and buy gems to convert, which of course may still happen but that is the risk this kind of power steer brings and personally I hope it ends up biting them hard enough to make them reconsider future game design in the future.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It’s speculation to assume that they intentional make in-game items have a certain price to drive gem->gold sales.

> > > > >

> > > > > It would be without evidence, but given the facts at hand it's a rational conclusion to draw. Lots of rational conclusions are incorrect ofc, but it's as viable an explanation as any that has been presented . . .

> > > >

> > > > True that it is a rational conclusion. Have we seen any cases where this turned out to be true?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Ofc. The griffon collection motivated gem sales, and impressively so . . .

> >

> > Source?

>

> Observation . . .

>

Not a source. I’m also curious how you were able to observe every gem->gold transaction bought with money for the sole purpose of acquiring the griffin mount?

Otherwise there is about as much credibility of that be true as any of the other accusations about such and such are at a price to fuel gem sales.

When I asked if there were any cases that turned out to be true, I was referring to something backed behind facts and not just more speculation.

I was so excited for these sets. But once i got pants and boots it hit me.

I was like wow thats gonna be a lot of gold for this set. But then i hear you can level to 64 and get one sigil. So i had like 750 tomes so i decided why not.

After i did the first one i stop and thought. Do i want this set or do i want like 14g per sigil? I made the choice for gold. I felt like the gold was worth more than the skin.

I will get the skin one day. But everytime i have enough tomes for a sigil i always choose the gold over the skin.

Great content, increasing value of tomes

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That’s just speculation that people make whenever something has a higher price than they’d prefer.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Lol.. speculation. Are you trying to say this isn't... last time I checked ANET were a business not a charity, therefore

> > > > > > > > Everything in game has some kind of revenue opportunity attached to it, but this is more aggressive and without a fixed price for the collection it has made it stupidly unfair across the playerbase.. I am of the mind this is just one of the reasons that actual completion is slow, players are not impressed with the lack of opportunity to reliably source their own supply of sigils and rather than pay a manipulated price they are simply leaving it to chance in game or lost interest in even trying. ANET on the other hand may of thought if the completion could be slowed sufficiently long enough, players wouldchoose to give in and buy gems to convert, which of course may still happen but that is the risk this kind of power steer brings and personally I hope it ends up biting them hard enough to make them reconsider future game design in the future.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It’s speculation to assume that they intentional make in-game items have a certain price to drive gem->gold sales.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It would be without evidence, but given the facts at hand it's a rational conclusion to draw. Lots of rational conclusions are incorrect ofc, but it's as viable an explanation as any that has been presented . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > True that it is a rational conclusion. Have we seen any cases where this turned out to be true?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Ofc. The griffon collection motivated gem sales, and impressively so . . .

> > >

> > > Source?

> >

> > Observation . . .

> >

>

> Not a source. I’m also curious how you were able to observe every gem->gold transaction bought with money for the sole purpose of acquiring the griffin mount?

>

> Otherwise there is about as much credibility of that be true as any of the other accusations about such and such are at a price to fuel gem sales.

>

> When I asked if there were any cases that turned out to be true, I was referring to something backed behind facts and not just more speculation.

Observation is not only a source but it is actually our primary source for all information. I'm curious as to why you would believe that access to every gem to gold transaction would be necessary to draw a conclusion about what was motivating gem sales . . .

When I gave you the example that you asked for, I thought you were looking for information not just an excuse to argue . . .

> @"Milan.9035" said:

> I was so excited for these sets. But once i got pants and boots it hit me.

>

> I was like wow thats gonna be a lot of gold for this set. But then i hear you can level to 64 and get one sigil. So i had like 750 tomes so i decided why not.

>

> After i did the first one i stop and thought. Do i want this set or do i want like 14g per sigil? I made the choice for gold. I felt like the gold was worth more than the skin.

>

> I will get the skin one day. But everytime i have enough tomes for a sigil i always choose the gold over the skin.

>

> Great content, increasing value of tomes

If you are willing to wait and you are motivated by increasing your gold, this is definitely a rational response to the situation . . .

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

On the contrary, all the evidence supports the opposite conclusion. There are lots of other explanations for why the sigils are 10-12 gold. More importantly, it's a terrible way to generate gem sales, because it is non-sustainable. Plus, if it were true, we'd be seeing the gold:gem ratio drop, just as it does when we know there are major purchases of gems being made (e.g. frequently near Wintersday, since people buy gem cards as gifts). The gold:gem ratio has held fairly steady at 115-125g per 400 for the time since the patch (there was on big drop on the 25th, and the exchange recovered immediately).

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Glider.5792" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Cristalyan.5728" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I still firmly believe ANET won't try to fix something they do not think is broken and serving the purpose it was intended for.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Sorry for not understanding the purpose of this change. Can you detail please?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > High item prices force Gem purchases to convert them to gold. Simple as that. Not everyone has 200-300g available on the getgo, but they might have their credit card ;)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > That’s just speculation that people make whenever something has a higher price than they’d prefer.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Lol.. speculation. Are you trying to say this isn't... last time I checked ANET were a business not a charity, therefore

> > > > > > > > > Everything in game has some kind of revenue opportunity attached to it, but this is more aggressive and without a fixed price for the collection it has made it stupidly unfair across the playerbase.. I am of the mind this is just one of the reasons that actual completion is slow, players are not impressed with the lack of opportunity to reliably source their own supply of sigils and rather than pay a manipulated price they are simply leaving it to chance in game or lost interest in even trying. ANET on the other hand may of thought if the completion could be slowed sufficiently long enough, players wouldchoose to give in and buy gems to convert, which of course may still happen but that is the risk this kind of power steer brings and personally I hope it ends up biting them hard enough to make them reconsider future game design in the future.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It’s speculation to assume that they intentional make in-game items have a certain price to drive gem->gold sales.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It would be without evidence, but given the facts at hand it's a rational conclusion to draw. Lots of rational conclusions are incorrect ofc, but it's as viable an explanation as any that has been presented . . .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > True that it is a rational conclusion. Have we seen any cases where this turned out to be true?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Ofc. The griffon collection motivated gem sales, and impressively so . . .

> > > >

> > > > Source?

> > >

> > > Observation . . .

> > >

> >

> > Not a source. I’m also curious how you were able to observe every gem->gold transaction bought with money for the sole purpose of acquiring the griffin mount?

> >

> > Otherwise there is about as much credibility of that be true as any of the other accusations about such and such are at a price to fuel gem sales.

> >

> > When I asked if there were any cases that turned out to be true, I was referring to something backed behind facts and not just more speculation.

>

> Observation is not only a source but it is actually our primary source for all information. I'm curious as to why you would believe that access to every gem to gold transaction would be necessary to draw a conclusion about what was motivating gem sales . . .

>

> When I gave you the example that you asked for, I thought you were looking for information not just an excuse to argue . . .

Observation is open to interpretation including a person’s ability to accurately perceive what they’re seeing. Just look at all the people that make posts about RNG. People draw patterns where there are none.

Drawing a connection that Anet did something to drive up gem sales based on you not liking the price and that gem->gold is an available option in the game is not that.

What you gave me was not what I asked for.