So what has become of Edge of the Mist?

Knighthonor.4061

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > @"AmphibianX.7042" said:

> > > > > I miss EOTM, the place where we could go with ANY class, at ANY level, and have awesome fights with un-organized zergs that were not on comms, running random builds. currently in wvw is like:

> > > > > "play a meta class or GTFO"

> > > > > "get on discord/ts or GTFO"

> > > > > "use this build or GTFO"

> > > >

> > > > God forbid a mode to require proper builds and knowledge of classes! Eotm was basically open world pve. You described it yourself. Thats it. Thats why people liked it. Mindless levelling up of characters, big karma farm, no need for any kind of build, no need to kill ANY enemies, just capping and recapping stuff. "fun". No wvw whatsoever.

> > >

> > > That's your opinion. I had a lot of fun in EoTM when I played in it occasionally. I saw a lot of zerg vs zerg battles in there as well. There were also fights over keeps, towers, and camps just as there are in WvW. Funny thing is is that they were successful without the constant badgering of being on TS or Meta builds, you just had to know the flow of battle and when the comm typed in chat what to do you did it. So what does that say?

> >

> > 1. Zerg vs zerg were rare. I have played eotm for my first 300ish ranks. Can honestly tell you that the very few ZvZ were when a skirmish ended, when ambushing enemies (from spy reports to ambush em through a keep portal), or when one side severely outnumbered the enemy. So, nope. Eotm was about karma and levelling. Proof is that when Anet removed regular exp, and introduced proper wvw rewards (tickets), eotm got deserted and finally got the place it deserved.

> > 2. You fought over camps? Strange, eotm has no camps. As for the keep fights, thats funny. Building 6 acs when expecting the enemy to bash the door down is hardly "fighting". It happens from various servers in normal wvw, still. Laughable.

> > 3. "the comm typed in chat" comm types in chat at tequatl. That argument says nothing. Proper wvw fights require tactics, builds, experience, TS or discord because so much is happening you NEED to be precise. Eotm was a pve ktrain, zergs mostly avoided each other at all costs, thats it. I know because i was there. I thought eotm WAS what wvw is about. And when i switched to normal wvw, some years back, oh boy, was i surprised. Movement, terrain advantage, proper bombing, repositioning for heals/defensive bombs, proper builds for your char, eotm had none of this. Unless falling/getting feared off cliffs count as fighting.

>

> Again, your opinion. Perhaps difference between NA and EU as well. You cannot refute my claims simply because that is not what YOU encountered while in EotM. Yes there are supply camps in EotM. Maybe you have forgotten that fact, or you never were really in EotM. To refresh your memory, they were located around the center of the map and inside your Keeps. Commanders did type in chat what their plans were, "Take Scorps, Red Keep, Observ, Rams up, watch for enemies, push, left, right, back, take wurm tunnel, etc". Perhaps it's been too long for you to remember correctly, I dunno the last time you were in EotM. Yes there were Ktrains for the most part, but there was some actual fighting in WvW usually located around the center of the map or inside Keeps at Lord and just because YOU did not experience it does not make it so that there weren't.

Supply generators are not camps. Seriously. You should at least know that. Dolly intercepting is big when fighting T3 or T2 objectives, something eotm doesnt have.

Everyone knows that eotm had no need of special gear, proper builds, commitment. You just entered with whatever pve gear you had, and did an endless pve cycle, with big - for its time- rewards.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > @"AmphibianX.7042" said:

> > > > > > I miss EOTM, the place where we could go with ANY class, at ANY level, and have awesome fights with un-organized zergs that were not on comms, running random builds. currently in wvw is like:

> > > > > > "play a meta class or GTFO"

> > > > > > "get on discord/ts or GTFO"

> > > > > > "use this build or GTFO"

> > > > >

> > > > > God forbid a mode to require proper builds and knowledge of classes! Eotm was basically open world pve. You described it yourself. Thats it. Thats why people liked it. Mindless levelling up of characters, big karma farm, no need for any kind of build, no need to kill ANY enemies, just capping and recapping stuff. "fun". No wvw whatsoever.

> > > >

> > > > That's your opinion. I had a lot of fun in EoTM when I played in it occasionally. I saw a lot of zerg vs zerg battles in there as well. There were also fights over keeps, towers, and camps just as there are in WvW. Funny thing is is that they were successful without the constant badgering of being on TS or Meta builds, you just had to know the flow of battle and when the comm typed in chat what to do you did it. So what does that say?

> > >

> > > 1. Zerg vs zerg were rare. I have played eotm for my first 300ish ranks. Can honestly tell you that the very few ZvZ were when a skirmish ended, when ambushing enemies (from spy reports to ambush em through a keep portal), or when one side severely outnumbered the enemy. So, nope. Eotm was about karma and levelling. Proof is that when Anet removed regular exp, and introduced proper wvw rewards (tickets), eotm got deserted and finally got the place it deserved.

> > > 2. You fought over camps? Strange, eotm has no camps. As for the keep fights, thats funny. Building 6 acs when expecting the enemy to bash the door down is hardly "fighting". It happens from various servers in normal wvw, still. Laughable.

> > > 3. "the comm typed in chat" comm types in chat at tequatl. That argument says nothing. Proper wvw fights require tactics, builds, experience, TS or discord because so much is happening you NEED to be precise. Eotm was a pve ktrain, zergs mostly avoided each other at all costs, thats it. I know because i was there. I thought eotm WAS what wvw is about. And when i switched to normal wvw, some years back, oh boy, was i surprised. Movement, terrain advantage, proper bombing, repositioning for heals/defensive bombs, proper builds for your char, eotm had none of this. Unless falling/getting feared off cliffs count as fighting.

> >

> > Again, your opinion. Perhaps difference between NA and EU as well. You cannot refute my claims simply because that is not what YOU encountered while in EotM. Yes there are supply camps in EotM. Maybe you have forgotten that fact, or you never were really in EotM. To refresh your memory, they were located around the center of the map and inside your Keeps. Commanders did type in chat what their plans were, "Take Scorps, Red Keep, Observ, Rams up, watch for enemies, push, left, right, back, take wurm tunnel, etc". Perhaps it's been too long for you to remember correctly, I dunno the last time you were in EotM. Yes there were Ktrains for the most part, but there was some actual fighting in WvW usually located around the center of the map or inside Keeps at Lord and just because YOU did not experience it does not make it so that there weren't.

>

> Supply generators are not camps. Seriously. You should at least know that. Dolly intercepting is big when fighting T3 or T2 objectives, something eotm doesnt have.

> Everyone knows that eotm had no need of special gear, proper builds, commitment. You just entered with whatever pve gear you had, and did an endless pve cycle, with big - for its time- rewards.

Yes, there were no Dolly's. However, the supplies were still fought over because if you didn't take them that allowed for your enemies to be able to build their siege or repair their walls. So while it might not be as crucial as Dolly slaying for T3, how often do you really have to kill Dolly's in WvW as compared to just taking over the Tower in question? I rarely see anything but a person trying to either solo roam or daily completion when it comes to Dolly killing in WvW. Most of the time it's just flip the Camp or Tower. Not to say that it doesn't happen, because I have seen people taking out the Dolly. WvW doesn't NEED special gear or builds, it's just the most efficient way of playing for time vs. reward. People can enter WvW with Exotics and still have a place with those that are using Legendary. There used to be a time when Meta wasn't really a thing in WvW, only when the hardcore max DPSers entered the arena did Meta become a thing. You can still play WvW with your PvE character if you want. It just means that someone with a Min/Maxed build will wreck your world because that is what they care about, maximum reward with little risk.

> > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > @"AmphibianX.7042" said:

> > > > > > > I miss EOTM, the place where we could go with ANY class, at ANY level, and have awesome fights with un-organized zergs that were not on comms, running random builds. currently in wvw is like:

> > > > > > > "play a meta class or GTFO"

> > > > > > > "get on discord/ts or GTFO"

> > > > > > > "use this build or GTFO"

> > > > > >

> > > > > > God forbid a mode to require proper builds and knowledge of classes! Eotm was basically open world pve. You described it yourself. Thats it. Thats why people liked it. Mindless levelling up of characters, big karma farm, no need for any kind of build, no need to kill ANY enemies, just capping and recapping stuff. "fun". No wvw whatsoever.

> > > > >

> > > > > That's your opinion. I had a lot of fun in EoTM when I played in it occasionally. I saw a lot of zerg vs zerg battles in there as well. There were also fights over keeps, towers, and camps just as there are in WvW. Funny thing is is that they were successful without the constant badgering of being on TS or Meta builds, you just had to know the flow of battle and when the comm typed in chat what to do you did it. So what does that say?

> > > >

> > > > 1. Zerg vs zerg were rare. I have played eotm for my first 300ish ranks. Can honestly tell you that the very few ZvZ were when a skirmish ended, when ambushing enemies (from spy reports to ambush em through a keep portal), or when one side severely outnumbered the enemy. So, nope. Eotm was about karma and levelling. Proof is that when Anet removed regular exp, and introduced proper wvw rewards (tickets), eotm got deserted and finally got the place it deserved.

> > > > 2. You fought over camps? Strange, eotm has no camps. As for the keep fights, thats funny. Building 6 acs when expecting the enemy to bash the door down is hardly "fighting". It happens from various servers in normal wvw, still. Laughable.

> > > > 3. "the comm typed in chat" comm types in chat at tequatl. That argument says nothing. Proper wvw fights require tactics, builds, experience, TS or discord because so much is happening you NEED to be precise. Eotm was a pve ktrain, zergs mostly avoided each other at all costs, thats it. I know because i was there. I thought eotm WAS what wvw is about. And when i switched to normal wvw, some years back, oh boy, was i surprised. Movement, terrain advantage, proper bombing, repositioning for heals/defensive bombs, proper builds for your char, eotm had none of this. Unless falling/getting feared off cliffs count as fighting.

> > >

> > > Again, your opinion. Perhaps difference between NA and EU as well. You cannot refute my claims simply because that is not what YOU encountered while in EotM. Yes there are supply camps in EotM. Maybe you have forgotten that fact, or you never were really in EotM. To refresh your memory, they were located around the center of the map and inside your Keeps. Commanders did type in chat what their plans were, "Take Scorps, Red Keep, Observ, Rams up, watch for enemies, push, left, right, back, take wurm tunnel, etc". Perhaps it's been too long for you to remember correctly, I dunno the last time you were in EotM. Yes there were Ktrains for the most part, but there was some actual fighting in WvW usually located around the center of the map or inside Keeps at Lord and just because YOU did not experience it does not make it so that there weren't.

> >

> > Supply generators are not camps. Seriously. You should at least know that. Dolly intercepting is big when fighting T3 or T2 objectives, something eotm doesnt have.

> > Everyone knows that eotm had no need of special gear, proper builds, commitment. You just entered with whatever pve gear you had, and did an endless pve cycle, with big - for its time- rewards.

>

> Yes, there were no Dolly's. However, the supplies were still fought over because if you didn't take them that allowed for your enemies to be able to build their siege or repair their walls. So while it might not be as crucial as Dolly slaying for T3, how often do you really have to kill Dolly's in WvW as compared to just taking over the Tower in question? I rarely see anything but a person trying to either solo roam or daily completion when it comes to Dolly killing in WvW. Most of the time it's just flip the Camp or Tower. Not to say that it doesn't happen, because I have seen people taking out the Dolly. WvW doesn't NEED special gear or builds, it's just the most efficient way of playing for time vs. reward. People can enter WvW with Exotics and still have a place with those that are using Legendary. There used to be a time when Meta wasn't really a thing in WvW, only when the hardcore max DPSers entered the arena did Meta become a thing. You can still play WvW with your PvE character if you want. It just means that someone with a Min/Maxed build will wreck your world because that is what they care about, maximum reward with little risk.

"wvw doesnt NEED special builds". Well, neither do pve raids. Or fractals. Whats your point?

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> And now we know who static is

And who am I? Please enlighten me. Vanilla GW didn't have a Meta in the beginning. Meta came along because of Min/Maxers looking for the highest reward with the lowest amount of risk. If EotM had pip rewards I guarantee you wouldn't be seeing as many of these "Filthy Casuals" so many of you seem to hate. EotM can be fun and was fun until the mass exodus due to reward pips in WvW and players getting bored and going to another game. I have been playing this game for several years, so it's not like I am some complete Noob that has no idea what I am talking about. It's okay, I get that people are judgy. Sometimes I play Devil's advocate and that tends to make people judge me as something I am not. I accept that. So please, tell me who I am since you seem to know so much about me.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > @"AmphibianX.7042" said:

> > > > > > > > I miss EOTM, the place where we could go with ANY class, at ANY level, and have awesome fights with un-organized zergs that were not on comms, running random builds. currently in wvw is like:

> > > > > > > > "play a meta class or GTFO"

> > > > > > > > "get on discord/ts or GTFO"

> > > > > > > > "use this build or GTFO"

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > God forbid a mode to require proper builds and knowledge of classes! Eotm was basically open world pve. You described it yourself. Thats it. Thats why people liked it. Mindless levelling up of characters, big karma farm, no need for any kind of build, no need to kill ANY enemies, just capping and recapping stuff. "fun". No wvw whatsoever.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's your opinion. I had a lot of fun in EoTM when I played in it occasionally. I saw a lot of zerg vs zerg battles in there as well. There were also fights over keeps, towers, and camps just as there are in WvW. Funny thing is is that they were successful without the constant badgering of being on TS or Meta builds, you just had to know the flow of battle and when the comm typed in chat what to do you did it. So what does that say?

> > > > >

> > > > > 1. Zerg vs zerg were rare. I have played eotm for my first 300ish ranks. Can honestly tell you that the very few ZvZ were when a skirmish ended, when ambushing enemies (from spy reports to ambush em through a keep portal), or when one side severely outnumbered the enemy. So, nope. Eotm was about karma and levelling. Proof is that when Anet removed regular exp, and introduced proper wvw rewards (tickets), eotm got deserted and finally got the place it deserved.

> > > > > 2. You fought over camps? Strange, eotm has no camps. As for the keep fights, thats funny. Building 6 acs when expecting the enemy to bash the door down is hardly "fighting". It happens from various servers in normal wvw, still. Laughable.

> > > > > 3. "the comm typed in chat" comm types in chat at tequatl. That argument says nothing. Proper wvw fights require tactics, builds, experience, TS or discord because so much is happening you NEED to be precise. Eotm was a pve ktrain, zergs mostly avoided each other at all costs, thats it. I know because i was there. I thought eotm WAS what wvw is about. And when i switched to normal wvw, some years back, oh boy, was i surprised. Movement, terrain advantage, proper bombing, repositioning for heals/defensive bombs, proper builds for your char, eotm had none of this. Unless falling/getting feared off cliffs count as fighting.

> > > >

> > > > Again, your opinion. Perhaps difference between NA and EU as well. You cannot refute my claims simply because that is not what YOU encountered while in EotM. Yes there are supply camps in EotM. Maybe you have forgotten that fact, or you never were really in EotM. To refresh your memory, they were located around the center of the map and inside your Keeps. Commanders did type in chat what their plans were, "Take Scorps, Red Keep, Observ, Rams up, watch for enemies, push, left, right, back, take wurm tunnel, etc". Perhaps it's been too long for you to remember correctly, I dunno the last time you were in EotM. Yes there were Ktrains for the most part, but there was some actual fighting in WvW usually located around the center of the map or inside Keeps at Lord and just because YOU did not experience it does not make it so that there weren't.

> > >

> > > Supply generators are not camps. Seriously. You should at least know that. Dolly intercepting is big when fighting T3 or T2 objectives, something eotm doesnt have.

> > > Everyone knows that eotm had no need of special gear, proper builds, commitment. You just entered with whatever pve gear you had, and did an endless pve cycle, with big - for its time- rewards.

> >

> > Yes, there were no Dolly's. However, the supplies were still fought over because if you didn't take them that allowed for your enemies to be able to build their siege or repair their walls. So while it might not be as crucial as Dolly slaying for T3, how often do you really have to kill Dolly's in WvW as compared to just taking over the Tower in question? I rarely see anything but a person trying to either solo roam or daily completion when it comes to Dolly killing in WvW. Most of the time it's just flip the Camp or Tower. Not to say that it doesn't happen, because I have seen people taking out the Dolly. WvW doesn't NEED special gear or builds, it's just the most efficient way of playing for time vs. reward. People can enter WvW with Exotics and still have a place with those that are using Legendary. There used to be a time when Meta wasn't really a thing in WvW, only when the hardcore max DPSers entered the arena did Meta become a thing. You can still play WvW with your PvE character if you want. It just means that someone with a Min/Maxed build will wreck your world because that is what they care about, maximum reward with little risk.

>

> "wvw doesnt NEED special builds". Well, neither do pve raids. Or fractals. Whats your point?

Point is that you are the one that said that WvW NEEDS special builds. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't. It's just not as effective as a min/max build can be and therefore people get shamed and ridiculed because of it when it's just a matter of someone wanting to min/max their time in WvW for the rewards vs. having fun and just playing a game.

> > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"AmphibianX.7042" said:

> > > > > > > > > I miss EOTM, the place where we could go with ANY class, at ANY level, and have awesome fights with un-organized zergs that were not on comms, running random builds. currently in wvw is like:

> > > > > > > > > "play a meta class or GTFO"

> > > > > > > > > "get on discord/ts or GTFO"

> > > > > > > > > "use this build or GTFO"

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > God forbid a mode to require proper builds and knowledge of classes! Eotm was basically open world pve. You described it yourself. Thats it. Thats why people liked it. Mindless levelling up of characters, big karma farm, no need for any kind of build, no need to kill ANY enemies, just capping and recapping stuff. "fun". No wvw whatsoever.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's your opinion. I had a lot of fun in EoTM when I played in it occasionally. I saw a lot of zerg vs zerg battles in there as well. There were also fights over keeps, towers, and camps just as there are in WvW. Funny thing is is that they were successful without the constant badgering of being on TS or Meta builds, you just had to know the flow of battle and when the comm typed in chat what to do you did it. So what does that say?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 1. Zerg vs zerg were rare. I have played eotm for my first 300ish ranks. Can honestly tell you that the very few ZvZ were when a skirmish ended, when ambushing enemies (from spy reports to ambush em through a keep portal), or when one side severely outnumbered the enemy. So, nope. Eotm was about karma and levelling. Proof is that when Anet removed regular exp, and introduced proper wvw rewards (tickets), eotm got deserted and finally got the place it deserved.

> > > > > > 2. You fought over camps? Strange, eotm has no camps. As for the keep fights, thats funny. Building 6 acs when expecting the enemy to bash the door down is hardly "fighting". It happens from various servers in normal wvw, still. Laughable.

> > > > > > 3. "the comm typed in chat" comm types in chat at tequatl. That argument says nothing. Proper wvw fights require tactics, builds, experience, TS or discord because so much is happening you NEED to be precise. Eotm was a pve ktrain, zergs mostly avoided each other at all costs, thats it. I know because i was there. I thought eotm WAS what wvw is about. And when i switched to normal wvw, some years back, oh boy, was i surprised. Movement, terrain advantage, proper bombing, repositioning for heals/defensive bombs, proper builds for your char, eotm had none of this. Unless falling/getting feared off cliffs count as fighting.

> > > > >

> > > > > Again, your opinion. Perhaps difference between NA and EU as well. You cannot refute my claims simply because that is not what YOU encountered while in EotM. Yes there are supply camps in EotM. Maybe you have forgotten that fact, or you never were really in EotM. To refresh your memory, they were located around the center of the map and inside your Keeps. Commanders did type in chat what their plans were, "Take Scorps, Red Keep, Observ, Rams up, watch for enemies, push, left, right, back, take wurm tunnel, etc". Perhaps it's been too long for you to remember correctly, I dunno the last time you were in EotM. Yes there were Ktrains for the most part, but there was some actual fighting in WvW usually located around the center of the map or inside Keeps at Lord and just because YOU did not experience it does not make it so that there weren't.

> > > >

> > > > Supply generators are not camps. Seriously. You should at least know that. Dolly intercepting is big when fighting T3 or T2 objectives, something eotm doesnt have.

> > > > Everyone knows that eotm had no need of special gear, proper builds, commitment. You just entered with whatever pve gear you had, and did an endless pve cycle, with big - for its time- rewards.

> > >

> > > Yes, there were no Dolly's. However, the supplies were still fought over because if you didn't take them that allowed for your enemies to be able to build their siege or repair their walls. So while it might not be as crucial as Dolly slaying for T3, how often do you really have to kill Dolly's in WvW as compared to just taking over the Tower in question? I rarely see anything but a person trying to either solo roam or daily completion when it comes to Dolly killing in WvW. Most of the time it's just flip the Camp or Tower. Not to say that it doesn't happen, because I have seen people taking out the Dolly. WvW doesn't NEED special gear or builds, it's just the most efficient way of playing for time vs. reward. People can enter WvW with Exotics and still have a place with those that are using Legendary. There used to be a time when Meta wasn't really a thing in WvW, only when the hardcore max DPSers entered the arena did Meta become a thing. You can still play WvW with your PvE character if you want. It just means that someone with a Min/Maxed build will wreck your world because that is what they care about, maximum reward with little risk.

> >

> > "wvw doesnt NEED special builds". Well, neither do pve raids. Or fractals. Whats your point?

>

> Point is that you are the one that said that WvW NEEDS special builds. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't. It's just not as effective as a min/max build can be and therefore people get shamed and ridiculed because of it when it's just a matter of someone wanting to min/max their time in WvW for the rewards vs. having fun and just playing a game.

I would like you to enter a pve raid, or any instanced content with the same mentality. Tell me how it went.

> Vanilla GW didn't have a Meta in the beginning. Meta came along because of Min/Maxers looking for the highest reward with the lowest amount of risk.

Metas don't "come along" they're figured out by so called "min/maxers" aka competent theorycrafters.

The meta is like a platonic ideal which theorycrafters attempt to pluck from the ether so to speak.

It can take time for understanding of the meta to spread from the hardcore guilds who almost always figure it out first to the casual guilds who almost always just copy whatever the hardcore guilds do effectively. If you were part of a casual guild at launch it would have appeared to you as if there were no meta for some time because neither you nor anyone else around you were engaged in any sort of serious theorycrafting about the game but this doesn't mean there was no meta only that you didn't know about it.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"AmphibianX.7042" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I miss EOTM, the place where we could go with ANY class, at ANY level, and have awesome fights with un-organized zergs that were not on comms, running random builds. currently in wvw is like:

> > > > > > > > > > "play a meta class or GTFO"

> > > > > > > > > > "get on discord/ts or GTFO"

> > > > > > > > > > "use this build or GTFO"

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > God forbid a mode to require proper builds and knowledge of classes! Eotm was basically open world pve. You described it yourself. Thats it. Thats why people liked it. Mindless levelling up of characters, big karma farm, no need for any kind of build, no need to kill ANY enemies, just capping and recapping stuff. "fun". No wvw whatsoever.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That's your opinion. I had a lot of fun in EoTM when I played in it occasionally. I saw a lot of zerg vs zerg battles in there as well. There were also fights over keeps, towers, and camps just as there are in WvW. Funny thing is is that they were successful without the constant badgering of being on TS or Meta builds, you just had to know the flow of battle and when the comm typed in chat what to do you did it. So what does that say?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 1. Zerg vs zerg were rare. I have played eotm for my first 300ish ranks. Can honestly tell you that the very few ZvZ were when a skirmish ended, when ambushing enemies (from spy reports to ambush em through a keep portal), or when one side severely outnumbered the enemy. So, nope. Eotm was about karma and levelling. Proof is that when Anet removed regular exp, and introduced proper wvw rewards (tickets), eotm got deserted and finally got the place it deserved.

> > > > > > > 2. You fought over camps? Strange, eotm has no camps. As for the keep fights, thats funny. Building 6 acs when expecting the enemy to bash the door down is hardly "fighting". It happens from various servers in normal wvw, still. Laughable.

> > > > > > > 3. "the comm typed in chat" comm types in chat at tequatl. That argument says nothing. Proper wvw fights require tactics, builds, experience, TS or discord because so much is happening you NEED to be precise. Eotm was a pve ktrain, zergs mostly avoided each other at all costs, thats it. I know because i was there. I thought eotm WAS what wvw is about. And when i switched to normal wvw, some years back, oh boy, was i surprised. Movement, terrain advantage, proper bombing, repositioning for heals/defensive bombs, proper builds for your char, eotm had none of this. Unless falling/getting feared off cliffs count as fighting.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again, your opinion. Perhaps difference between NA and EU as well. You cannot refute my claims simply because that is not what YOU encountered while in EotM. Yes there are supply camps in EotM. Maybe you have forgotten that fact, or you never were really in EotM. To refresh your memory, they were located around the center of the map and inside your Keeps. Commanders did type in chat what their plans were, "Take Scorps, Red Keep, Observ, Rams up, watch for enemies, push, left, right, back, take wurm tunnel, etc". Perhaps it's been too long for you to remember correctly, I dunno the last time you were in EotM. Yes there were Ktrains for the most part, but there was some actual fighting in WvW usually located around the center of the map or inside Keeps at Lord and just because YOU did not experience it does not make it so that there weren't.

> > > > >

> > > > > Supply generators are not camps. Seriously. You should at least know that. Dolly intercepting is big when fighting T3 or T2 objectives, something eotm doesnt have.

> > > > > Everyone knows that eotm had no need of special gear, proper builds, commitment. You just entered with whatever pve gear you had, and did an endless pve cycle, with big - for its time- rewards.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, there were no Dolly's. However, the supplies were still fought over because if you didn't take them that allowed for your enemies to be able to build their siege or repair their walls. So while it might not be as crucial as Dolly slaying for T3, how often do you really have to kill Dolly's in WvW as compared to just taking over the Tower in question? I rarely see anything but a person trying to either solo roam or daily completion when it comes to Dolly killing in WvW. Most of the time it's just flip the Camp or Tower. Not to say that it doesn't happen, because I have seen people taking out the Dolly. WvW doesn't NEED special gear or builds, it's just the most efficient way of playing for time vs. reward. People can enter WvW with Exotics and still have a place with those that are using Legendary. There used to be a time when Meta wasn't really a thing in WvW, only when the hardcore max DPSers entered the arena did Meta become a thing. You can still play WvW with your PvE character if you want. It just means that someone with a Min/Maxed build will wreck your world because that is what they care about, maximum reward with little risk.

> > >

> > > "wvw doesnt NEED special builds". Well, neither do pve raids. Or fractals. Whats your point?

> >

> > Point is that you are the one that said that WvW NEEDS special builds. I'm just pointing out that it doesn't. It's just not as effective as a min/max build can be and therefore people get shamed and ridiculed because of it when it's just a matter of someone wanting to min/max their time in WvW for the rewards vs. having fun and just playing a game.

>

> I would like you to enter a pve raid, or any instanced content with the same mentality. Tell me how it went.

I don't have the time to do raids as I have a job and family to take care of. I have done fractals with non-meta builds and they can be done with enough time and patience. Which is why I will only do such instances with my Guild and not a random PuG. Most people want that maximum reward with minimal time and risk, and I understand that I was there once on a different MMO. I'm not there anymore. I now like to enjoy the game as I want to play it that makes it fun for me. I do use MetaBattle to see what builds are most beneficial and wanted, but most times I tweak them to my playstyle for my enjoyment.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> Eotm is still useful, it provides passage to the new arena.

> Other than that, there doesn't need to be another map to pull people out of regular wvw maps at the moment, maybe that will change with the alliance system and depending on how squished they make the population with 3 or 4 tiers.

where the new arena in EoTM?

I always thought EotM should have been the hybrid between PvP and WvW. Basically use WvW scoring with the PvP amulet system/skills. No food buffs.

Unfortunately, there were good ideas added to EotM but never refreshed into the BL or EBG maps. One of them introduced in EotM was destructible bridges that were never introduced into the BL WvW maps. And supply generators could have been easily added to each tower to support the main keep/SMC supply generation (adjust dolyak impact), etc. Quick travel paths (Wurm Tunnel) to the exterior corners/unusued portions of every map. And the list goes on...

> @"SloRules.3560" said:

> EotM is used by GvG guilds to have GvGs in.

There were never trully a gvg in this game, just colide and spam momments.

Anet need to focus on a real game mode with oibjectives to see how good actually the players are with sync and finishing certain roles/objectives rather than players stacking spam aoe classes and coliding to each other.

Until this game mode exist... there was never a single gvg match...

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > Eotm is still useful, it provides passage to the new arena.

> > Other than that, there doesn't need to be another map to pull people out of regular wvw maps at the moment, maybe that will change with the alliance system and depending on how squished they make the population with 3 or 4 tiers.

>

> where the new arena in EoTM?

The entrance is at the spawn area....

![](https://i.imgur.com/IxK5qkj.jpg "")

I really liked Eotm, for reasons that have been said above ; short map, karma train, short round, zerg vs zerg very frequently; but yes, newbies, no reward, and no people nowadays. But the map is good.

It should be smaller and a GvGvG. But not like the boring GvG we see; just 2 packs that turn arround themself until they colide; a real GvG with tickets, objectives to cap, etc.