Do all classes have Unique Utility abilities like Mesmer's portal or thief's group invisibility?

tonywc.8312

Here are some example ideas,

Elementalist: Feather fall for group

Ranger: Be able to see a mob on a map and be able to highlight them on teams maps.

Engineer: Be able to create mobile crafting stations or maybe a mobile repair station

Warrior: ???

Guardian: Create a safe place from wandering mobs for a few minutes

Revanent: ???

Necromancer: Summon player bodies to safe places

Well, elementalist's conjured weapons are fun and can be shared with your friends.

Necromancers can indeed do what you describe, though they summon downed players closer to the necromancer instead of sending them to safe places. (Rangers can do a similar thing, but with just one player.)

Can't recall anything out of ordinary in other professions, but I think everyone agrees that each one is really unique regardless.

Also, take note that each profession has access to at least one "combat revive" skill which carries the profession's flavour.

Stealth isn't really all that useful outside of PvP or older content, because the balance tends to push every class into a dps scrapper role (or else you get left behind/carried by your party). Most new content will have bosses see through stealth, slap you with revealed right off the bat, or possess mechanics that make resetting a fight impossible or irrelevant (as bosses will just heal while out of combat).

I don’t think there’s anything notably “unique” about classes, besides the occasional class-specific buff (ranger spirits, ranger spotter (+150 precision) come to mind) or Necromancer minions (ez mode). Besides that, most classes share their strengths - though, admittedly, some classes just do it better (like thief stealth).

Your examples are not unique, so I tried to find some utilitys, that helps the group (in any way) instead. (Without boons)

Mesmer: portal, group stealth

Necro: portal, group barrier, condition share (epi)

Ele: group aruas, conjured weapons

Ranger: spirits, stance share

Engi: gyros ->group stealth, dmg reduction (I dont know Engi very well)

Thief: group stealth

Revenant: heavy dmg reduction, heavy condition dmg reduction, group lifeleech, longest projectile deflection in game, heal skills (also the deflection) that are completely independet from the character

Guardian: signet share

Warrior: Banners, largest projectil reflection (or deflection? don't know warrior well, too), largest boon remove field

Speed boons can be shared too. Those are also useful out of combat. There's alacrity also and condi damage boosts to share in some professions. There re many things you can share with your group, and only a few are really profession dependent. Though none is as useful and unique as the Mesmer's Portal.

> @"Karaha.3290" said:

> Your examples are not unique, so I tried to find some utilitys, that helps the group (in any way) instead. (Without boons)

> Mesmer: portal, group stealth

> Necro: portal, group barrier, condition share (epi)

> Ele: group aruas, conjured weapons

> Ranger: spirits, stance share

> Engi: gyros ->group stealth, dmg reduction (I dont know Engi very well)

> Thief: group stealth

> Revenant: heavy dmg reduction, heavy condition dmg reduction, group lifeleech, longest projectile deflection in game, heal skills (also the deflection) that are completely independet from the character

> Guardian: signet share

> Warrior: Banners, largest projectil reflection (or deflection? don't know warrior well, too), largest boon remove field

Wait a minute, I see what you did there... ;)