Roaming this week will be random?

whoknocks.4935

Yeah. I already commented that I thought this was an idiotic event, but I gave this crap a chance. This event is a shit-show for servers who are outmatched population wise. What could at times be mildly fun in the beginning due to the greater roaming action in the ruins, is now being vastly overshadowed by groups of 15 - 20 constantly capping and re-capping. The green server for my current match fields far more numbers than red -or- blue, and is camping every ruins circle on every borderland map. So, not only is my team (and the other enemy team, honestly) at a population disadvantage, at the moment we're at a constant and significant stat disadvantage to boot.

Yeah, thanks for this tripe ANet. Way to put something in that really rubs the population-have-nots noses in it. -_- Time to find something else to do for a week.

> @"dawsm.5398" said:

> Yeah. I already commented that I thought this was an idiotic event, but I gave this crap a chance. This event is a kitten-show for servers who are outmatched population wise. What could at times be mildly fun in the beginning due to the greater roaming action in the ruins, is now being vastly overshadowed by groups of 15 - 20 constantly capping and re-capping. The green server for my current match fields far more numbers than red -or- blue, and is camping every ruins circle on every borderland map. So, not only is my team (and the other enemy team, honestly) at a population disadvantage, at the moment we're at a constant and significant stat disadvantage to boot.

>

> Yeah, thanks for this tripe ANet. Way to put something in that really rubs the population-have-nots noses in it. -_- Time to find something else to do for a week.

Pretty much.

I like the event idea but his one is a bust. It only favors ANET's beloved overstacked servers.

"IF" ANET ever gets a handle on population balance, then something like this might be cool. But until then (2020?) a huge buff to outmanned would make more sense, and be more fun.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"nativity.3057" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > Solution: Capture ruins and make your team win. You can solo it, gogogo

> >

> > but you can't solo it :\

>

> Some refined movement and you can

You need to maintain 3 points to cap bloodlust. Impossible on DBL due to map size. You can maintain possibly 2 in ABL with some Nike warrior build, but 3 is a near impossible task.

> @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> (didnt played for a few months and jumped in wvw again for some patch note changes )

> Asked myself why i got oneshotted so many times with 20k hp and 3k armor..

> seriously no... how can you still powercreep in this state of the game?

> 15k Autohits ?????

> ITS AN AUTO

event bro, not powercreep but once in a while week of WvW with some gimped weird odd bonuses to add spice to yer usuall WvW - all things should go back to "normal" after reset today

(last time we had no downed gimp this time around it's OPed Bloodlust)

> @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > (didnt played for a few months and jumped in wvw again for some patch note changes )

> > Asked myself why i got oneshotted so many times with 20k hp and 3k armor..

> > seriously no... how can you still powercreep in this state of the game?

> > 15k Autohits ?????

> > ITS AN AUTO

>

> event bro, not powercreep but once in a while week of WvW with some kitten weird odd bonuses to add spice to yer usuall WvW - all things should go back to "normal" after reset today

>

> (last time we had no downed kitten this time around it's OPed Bloodlust)

How was no down?

Would probably be pretty good for me - since i always fail to stopm/kill the downs in a 1vX

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> I don't know how much about zerg fights, but now roaming seems pretty stupid, I had the 30% bloodlust bonus on my full zerk spellbreaker and I won a 1v4 landing 10k full counters.

>

> Opposite case casual encounters 1vs1, if the enemy got the buff and you not, 90% he wins and you lose even if he is a worse player than you.

>

> Seems completely the opposite of downed state where the skillful gameplay was promoted, now who got the higher bloodlust wins.

>

> Can't wait to see those 50-60k rapid fires or malicious backstabs.

>

> What do you guys think as first impact?

I do just 4.5K max with full zerker red gears on my full counter. you must be fake news or some sh1tty garbage software user.

> @"zionophir.6845" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > I don't know how much about zerg fights, but now roaming seems pretty stupid, I had the 30% bloodlust bonus on my full zerk spellbreaker and I won a 1v4 landing 10k full counters.

> >

> > Opposite case casual encounters 1vs1, if the enemy got the buff and you not, 90% he wins and you lose even if he is a worse player than you.

> >

> > Seems completely the opposite of downed state where the skillful gameplay was promoted, now who got the higher bloodlust wins.

> >

> > Can't wait to see those 50-60k rapid fires or malicious backstabs.

> >

> > What do you guys think as first impact?

>

> I do just 4.5K max with full zerker red gears on my full counter. you must be fake news or some sh1tty garbage software user.

I have seen full counter do up to 12k damage... before the event.

Not sure how some people equate this to no DS week, as no DS rewarded skilled play and gave an advantage to those with higher skill and an actual chance vs larger groups. This feeds the reverse, the team that has more people to hold more ruins gets bigger bonus, it is also a stat boost, giving an advantage to ONE side, no DS everyone had the same ability. Now, if everyone got a 30% stat gain for the week, you might be able to say it is like no DS, but even then, not really, as its just a stat creep at that point.

30% is huge, considering how close a fight can be vs someone of the same skill level, 30% is a absolute win vs someone of equal skill level. 30% vs someone not as good can push things in their favor, and fighting a class/build thats a hard counter to you, 30% will make that fight all of impossible.

Orbs of power were removed due to balance issues, as the larger server with the most coverage tended to be the ones able to hold them, making that server even stronger. This is much the same. I would have rather them just bring back orbs of power for the week, it's something that would be new to lots of people, and is something to do, vs standing in the same old ruins.

Ah, thank the wiki! It was both.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2012-11-01#WvW

" Closed a number of exploits that inappropriately allowed access to keeps.

Orbs of power have been removed from WvW to address hacking and balance issues. They tended to strengthen teams already in the lead and were irresistible targets for hackers and cheaters, both of which could have an unfortunately large impact on any given WvW game. Orbs or some similar mechanic may return in the future, but only if we're confident that they won't create similar issues."

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> Ah, thank the wiki! It was both.

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2012-11-01#WvW

>

> " Closed a number of exploits that inappropriately allowed access to keeps.

> Orbs of power have been removed from WvW to address hacking and balance issues. They tended to strengthen teams already in the lead and were irresistible targets for hackers and cheaters, both of which could have an unfortunately large impact on any given WvW game. Orbs or some similar mechanic may return in the future, but only if we're confident that they won't create similar issues."

Which is also why they will never come back, we already got the "similar mechanic" ie the bloodlust caps. Plus Anet quietly wiped the last traces of the orb system from ABL long ago and the second attempt at something more focused like the orbs ended in just as big a disaster that had to be replaced by the DBL bloodlust cap because otherwise it made DBL lag like crazy.

> @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > > (didnt played for a few months and jumped in wvw again for some patch note changes )

> > > Asked myself why i got oneshotted so many times with 20k hp and 3k armor..

> > > seriously no... how can you still powercreep in this state of the game?

> > > 15k Autohits ?????

> > > ITS AN AUTO

> >

> > event bro, not powercreep but once in a while week of WvW with some kitten weird odd bonuses to add spice to yer usuall WvW - all things should go back to "normal" after reset today

> >

> > (last time we had no downed kitten this time around it's OPed Bloodlust)

>

> How was no down?

> Would probably be pretty good for me - since i always fail to stopm/kill the downs in a 1vX

well personally for me it made barely any difference, but that's because due to class and role I play in WvW usually means that if I go down, I rarely have a chance to rally anyway.... (bonus exp was nice tho)

but in my wvw guild we had few condi scourges kinda complaining that they can no longer drop into group, pop nuke, go downed and rally on condies killing those guys....

(forums were exploded over one-shot roamer builds tho)

wait a moment did forum filter decided to turn gimmick into kitten? lol in which world is that even pejorative word lol

> @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > > @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > > > (didnt played for a few months and jumped in wvw again for some patch note changes )

> > > > Asked myself why i got oneshotted so many times with 20k hp and 3k armor..

> > > > seriously no... how can you still powercreep in this state of the game?

> > > > 15k Autohits ?????

> > > > ITS AN AUTO

> > >

> > > event bro, not powercreep but once in a while week of WvW with some kitten weird odd bonuses to add spice to yer usuall WvW - all things should go back to "normal" after reset today

> > >

> > > (last time we had no downed kitten this time around it's OPed Bloodlust)

> >

> > How was no down?

> > Would probably be pretty good for me - since i always fail to stopm/kill the downs in a 1vX

>

> well personally for me it made barely any difference, but that's because due to class and role I play in WvW usually means that if I go down, I rarely have a chance to rally anyway.... (bonus exp was nice tho)

>

> but in my wvw guild we had few condi scourges kinda complaining that they can no longer drop into group, pop nuke, go downed and rally on condies killing those guys....

>

> (forums were exploded over one-shot roamer builds tho)

>

> wait a moment did forum filter decided to turn gimmick into kitten? lol in which world is that even pejorative word lol

downstate is a pain if i'm vs 3+.

i cant stomp or cleave - the others 2 can res too fast. I could down any of them 99 times , without getting a real kill.

Which means it's effectievly meaningless how good i am - as soon as i am vs more then 3 it's impossible to get a kill.

> @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > > > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > > > @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > > > > (didnt played for a few months and jumped in wvw again for some patch note changes )

> > > > > Asked myself why i got oneshotted so many times with 20k hp and 3k armor..

> > > > > seriously no... how can you still powercreep in this state of the game?

> > > > > 15k Autohits ?????

> > > > > ITS AN AUTO

> > > >

> > > > event bro, not powercreep but once in a while week of WvW with some kitten weird odd bonuses to add spice to yer usuall WvW - all things should go back to "normal" after reset today

> > > >

> > > > (last time we had no downed kitten this time around it's OPed Bloodlust)

> > >

> > > How was no down?

> > > Would probably be pretty good for me - since i always fail to stopm/kill the downs in a 1vX

> >

> > well personally for me it made barely any difference, but that's because due to class and role I play in WvW usually means that if I go down, I rarely have a chance to rally anyway.... (bonus exp was nice tho)

> >

> > but in my wvw guild we had few condi scourges kinda complaining that they can no longer drop into group, pop nuke, go downed and rally on condies killing those guys....

> >

> > (forums were exploded over one-shot roamer builds tho)

> >

> > wait a moment did forum filter decided to turn gimmick into kitten? lol in which world is that even pejorative word lol

>

> downstate is a pain if i'm vs 3+.

> i cant stomp or cleave - the others 2 can res too fast. I could down any of them 99 times , without getting a real kill.

> Which means it's effectievly meaningless how good i am - as soon as i am vs more then 3 it's impossible to get a kill.

Its already meaningless if you go 1v3 and win. None of them could have been very good.

The challenge in WvW isnt your skill, its getting reinforcements in time.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > > @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > > > > @"Lord Trejgon.2809" said:

> > > > > > @"FaboBabo.3581" said:

> > > > > > (didnt played for a few months and jumped in wvw again for some patch note changes )

> > > > > > Asked myself why i got oneshotted so many times with 20k hp and 3k armor..

> > > > > > seriously no... how can you still powercreep in this state of the game?

> > > > > > 15k Autohits ?????

> > > > > > ITS AN AUTO

> > > > >

> > > > > event bro, not powercreep but once in a while week of WvW with some kitten weird odd bonuses to add spice to yer usuall WvW - all things should go back to "normal" after reset today

> > > > >

> > > > > (last time we had no downed kitten this time around it's OPed Bloodlust)

> > > >

> > > > How was no down?

> > > > Would probably be pretty good for me - since i always fail to stopm/kill the downs in a 1vX

> > >

> > > well personally for me it made barely any difference, but that's because due to class and role I play in WvW usually means that if I go down, I rarely have a chance to rally anyway.... (bonus exp was nice tho)

> > >

> > > but in my wvw guild we had few condi scourges kinda complaining that they can no longer drop into group, pop nuke, go downed and rally on condies killing those guys....

> > >

> > > (forums were exploded over one-shot roamer builds tho)

> > >

> > > wait a moment did forum filter decided to turn gimmick into kitten? lol in which world is that even pejorative word lol

> >

> > downstate is a pain if i'm vs 3+.

> > i cant stomp or cleave - the others 2 can res too fast. I could down any of them 99 times , without getting a real kill.

> > Which means it's effectievly meaningless how good i am - as soon as i am vs more then 3 it's impossible to get a kill.

>

> Its already meaningless if you go 1v3 and win. None of them could have been very good.

>

> The challenge in WvW isnt your skill, its getting reinforcements in time.

I want my bags :D

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"googel.3278" said:

> > > @"Vrath.1754" said:

> > > It seems like Anet doesnt really get the issues in WvW. Do none of the devs play it or they just prefer low TTK CoD head shot game play?

> > >

> > > There will be some great 1 shot montage videos on YouTube that should really encourage new or players looking into the game to want to WvW.

> > > It's a bit like when ESO created the gear proc meta, these companies dont seem to really understand what people tend to enjoy about the content.

> >

> > Devs playing WvW? I would hunt them down til the end of time! Lets see if they like these updates!

>

> We play on stream every week at 2:30 PM PDT. Come get us.

On what server? I would love if you would come to Blackgate.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Hitman.5829" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > > @"googel.3278" said:

> > > > @"Vrath.1754" said:

> > > > It seems like Anet doesnt really get the issues in WvW. Do none of the devs play it or they just prefer low TTK CoD head shot game play?

> > > >

> > > > There will be some great 1 shot montage videos on YouTube that should really encourage new or players looking into the game to want to WvW.

> > > > It's a bit like when ESO created the gear proc meta, these companies dont seem to really understand what people tend to enjoy about the content.

> > >

> > > Devs playing WvW? I would hunt them down til the end of time! Lets see if they like these updates!

> >

> > We play on stream every week at 2:30 PM PDT. Come get us.

>

> On what server? I would love if you would come to Blackgate.

I believe we're on Borliss pass this week.