Please make Renegade short bow worth using in balance patch.

JayAction.9056

> @"dagger dave.5201" said:

> He's best rev NA

>

> He's so good playing that off meta spec, that is extremely weak and has no power burst damage.

>

> Its weak against condis which makes its pretty useless in this power meta

Dude who are you bro? You NA bro? You have quite a bit of knowledge for somebody never in top 250.

**How in the world do you know what the Meta is and your name isn’t even on the leaderboard**? I like my fries large bro with Diet Coke next time at the window bro thanks.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741"

Listen man let’s not turn this into a game of personal attacks. I **rather not** talk down on you for struggling against chrono while playing core guard.

Yeah, Shortbow could definitely use some love for PvP. I would be happy if SB2/3 were a little less clunky and somewhere in the kit, there was some defensive utility implemented. Even something as simple as a blind. I would also like for SB4 to be castable from behind.

In regards to Kalla, I am okay if this stays as a PvE-centric legend. If Kalla got big buffs and became strong in PvP I would fear it would be like the second-coming of Scourge fresh outta PoF. Giant overly effective AoEs aren't exactly what I see as engaging or skillful gameplay. It sucks that it's a garbage e-spec for PvP in its current state, but I'll be happy enough if they make the next e-spec PvP-centric and leave Kalla for PvE.

I've been playing some bow for fun since it's off-season, and it is an interesting weapon but with minor flaws that prevent it from viability.

Skills 4 and 5 are fine. Good CC and a decent area damage skills. Auto attack ( 1 ) isn't half bad either if you run hybrid condi.

The problem for pvp lies in skills 2+3. Skill 2 is one of the most useless skills in the game. Does barely any more damage than auto attack and only if your target is completely stationary. Skill 3 could be good and actually has potential to be one of the most player-ability based skills in the game, problem is the hitboxes on skill 3 are microscopic making it so people only take 1 torment stack if they aren't within a very narrow margin - making skill 3 high risk no reward.

An interesting way to make Renegade shortbow viable would be to rework either skill 2/3 into an evade, and buff the other so it's more reliable.

> @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > @"dagger dave.5201" said:

> > He's best rev NA

> >

> > He's so good playing that off meta spec, that is extremely weak and has no power burst damage.

> >

> > Its weak against condis which makes its pretty useless in this power meta

>

> Dude who are you bro? You NA bro? You have quite a bit of knowledge for somebody never in top 250.

>

> **How in the world do you know what the Meta is and your name isn’t even on the leaderboard**? I like my fries large bro with Diet Coke next time at the window bro thanks.

>

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741"

>

> Listen man let’s not turn this into a game of personal attacks. I **rather not** talk down on you for struggling against chrono while playing core guard.

None of this matters. GW2 is 85% build dependent and 15% skill dependent. If it was a skilled based game then you wouldn't be complaining about short bow and renegade. Since by your sheer skill alone you would be able to be a "top" Player with renegade. A example of a skill based game would be tekken. It has a tier list, but ultimately the players skill matters. I.E panda is considered a low tier character but won a major tekken tournament. Top tier vs low tier:

> > He's best rev NA

> >

> > He's so good playing that off meta spec, that is extremely weak and has no power burst damage.

> >

>

> Dude who are you bro? You NA bro? You have quite a bit of knowledge for somebody never in top 250.

>

> **How in the world do you know what the Meta is and your name isn’t even on the leaderboard**? I like my fries large bro with Diet Coke next time at the window bro thanks.

>

>

> Listen man let’s not turn this into a game of personal attacks. I **rather not** talk down on you for struggling against chrono while playing core guard.

Dude we ran through this discussion before and being on the scoreboard or not has little correlation about your understanding of the game, beyond basics. Please stop spewing this bullshit. It distracts from any message you are trying to convey. Renegade really sucks in sPvP and needs major improvements, but all your posts say I am an arrogant kitten.

> > He's best rev NA

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

> > He's best rev NA

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

NA has like 5 good players and you aren't one of them but congrats on getting your title when literally no one else played lmao and I don't main NA :)

> @"Aza.2105" said:

> None of this matters. GW2 is 85% build dependent and 15% skill dependent. If it was a skilled based game then you wouldn't be complaining about short bow and renegade. Since by your sheer skill alone you would be able to be a "top" Player with renegade. A example of a skill based game would be tekken. It has a tier list, but ultimately the players skill matters. I.E panda is considered a low tier character but won a major tekken tournament. Top tier vs low tier:

>

>

Rangchu won due his ability to read Qudans sweeps in a uncany % and punishing it, He could have won with any other character. Returning to the topic, Renegade's short bow can root in hell along Herald's shield. Both are trash. Instead of buffing useless weapons, core Revenant should get a buff. There's no hurry to make Renegade viable instead of making a functional core Rev for PvP. Is the only one which never had one.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"Milan.9035" said:

> > renegade + shortbow + kalla was made with zero thought about pvp.

> >

> > i so much hate for whoever was in charge at anet that let this ship this way.

>

> Implying every class needs to be equally viable in every gamemode

No, but revenant had the least amount of viable builds pre-PoF, a grand total of 1 and they had the same one for the entirety of HoT except for the first 1-2 months.

Let's go even further, rev had the lowest number of viable builds in the history of the game because it's a new class.

Then enter PoF, and they release renegade which is the worst spec in the history of GW2 PvP. Rev may end up going 4 years without a new viable PvP build, let that sink in. Maybe even more if Anet doesn't plan on releasing a new expansion in the next few years as leaks would suggest. That is not fine..

> > @"Maddog.3716" said:

> > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > @“otto.5684”

> > >

> > > Do you know what an algorithm is? Are you aware of the one in place for ranked que? What sort of things do you do in your real life to say something so clueless?

> > >

> > > Outside of a few people gaming the system, the leaderboard says everything. That’s why it’s there. Even in the scenario of cheating the system the leaderboard says everything.

> > >

> > > I don’t know why I’m wastjng time arguing with you cus I already can see you are one of those losers “MY FAVORITE STREAMER ON TWITCH IS THE BEST PLAYER”. *facedesk*

> > >

> > > Please tell me what is the best metric to determine skill since it isn’t the leaderboard?

> > >

> > > I need less of this fairytale **** in my posts. This is why I don’t even talk to you broke boys outside of these forum posts.

> > >

> > > @“dagger dave.5201”

> > > Bro no offense but your posts bring down the quality of my thread. Ima be real the impression you give is that you are disabled from this borderline —— that you keep saying.

> > >

> > > Get out the fairytale box bro. I’m pretty sure you’re too old to be this —— irrational and clueless.

> >

> > Bro you're a little confused. There are factors such as the game 5vs5, discord and teamwork between people(friends)

> > There are also weak link even in the table. If you were playing WoW, from start to finish, you'd know what he was dying of.

> > I'll tell you what makes WoW die. The most important thing is of course marketing. Secondly due to the marketing began to twist the stats in each season to create OP setups. From for this now in pvp of a play mostly rerollers. And finally the rating of there is bought without special problems because of OP metasetups each season.

> > Given example. Arena 3x3. 2 people play against three and win. Because the third paid money for the high rating (2k+). And they won 2vs3 only for OPmeta of the season. Believe me in the old patches, this never happened 2vs3 due to the balance.

> > Now about GW2. For example, why nerf Ventari to unplayble condition?? To play between themselves only FB(PoF spec)...

> > You think it's fun to play the "divine five" without competition?? It turns out the command selects the balance for someone to get to obtain high rating.

> > For you choose whose synergy will be in the top. At the second place already a skill.

>

> Bro your a little bit confused.

>

> I was **2600+ in 2s and 3s in WoW on DK all through WOTLK.**

>

> You guys are straight **DUNNING KRUGER** MEMES

>

> Stop posting in my thread if you barely made it past high school.

>

> Stop telling me about how to play and you’re not even on leaderboard.

>

> Thanks bros

Bro I'm for your subject. Don't take my words to heart. I'm not going to ask you who you played Lich king with and what your rating is... I described above that the problem is bigger than just a buff for bow. I didn't say anything about your level of play. Speaking of school, you make it clear that you had a problem with it.

Need buff for short bow and rework 3 specialization and skills legendary stance - renegade, corruption(this trash too) and ventari

Herald shield too trash - buff or rework...(trait for shield - Hardening Persistence not so good). For comparison a trait for Guardian shield - Stalwart Defender Toughness + 240, Recharge Reduced 20%... Even with the weapons from elite specialization screwed up (short bow and shield)

P. s. WOTLK this is old school. There's marketing has not launched its prehensile hands.

> > @"Maddog.3716" said:

> > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > @“otto.5684”

> > >

> > > Do you know what an algorithm is? Are you aware of the one in place for ranked que? What sort of things do you do in your real life to say something so clueless?

> > >

> > > Outside of a few people gaming the system, the leaderboard says everything. That’s why it’s there. Even in the scenario of cheating the system the leaderboard says everything.

> > >

> > > I don’t know why I’m wastjng time arguing with you cus I already can see you are one of those losers “MY FAVORITE STREAMER ON TWITCH IS THE BEST PLAYER”. *facedesk*

> > >

> > > Please tell me what is the best metric to determine skill since it isn’t the leaderboard?

> > >

> > > I need less of this fairytale **** in my posts. This is why I don’t even talk to you broke boys outside of these forum posts.

> > >

> > > @“dagger dave.5201”

> > > Bro no offense but your posts bring down the quality of my thread. Ima be real the impression you give is that you are disabled from this borderline —— that you keep saying.

> > >

> > > Get out the fairytale box bro. I’m pretty sure you’re too old to be this —— irrational and clueless.

> >

> > Bro you're a little confused. There are factors such as the game 5vs5, discord and teamwork between people(friends)

> > There are also weak link even in the table. If you were playing WoW, from start to finish, you'd know what he was dying of.

> > I'll tell you what makes WoW die. The most important thing is of course marketing. Secondly due to the marketing began to twist the stats in each season to create OP setups. From for this now in pvp of a play mostly rerollers. And finally the rating of there is bought without special problems because of OP metasetups each season.

> > Given example. Arena 3x3. 2 people play against three and win. Because the third paid money for the high rating (2k+). And they won 2vs3 only for OPmeta of the season. Believe me in the old patches, this never happened 2vs3 due to the balance.

> > Now about GW2. For example, why nerf Ventari to unplayble condition?? To play between themselves only FB(PoF spec)...

> > You think it's fun to play the "divine five" without competition?? It turns out the command selects the balance for someone to get to obtain high rating.

> > For you choose whose synergy will be in the top. At the second place already a skill.

>

> Bro your a little bit confused.

>

> I was **2600+ in 2s and 3s in WoW on DK all through WOTLK.**

>

> You guys are straight **DUNNING KRUGER** MEMES

>

> Stop posting in my thread if you barely made it past high school.

>

> Stop telling me about how to play and you’re not even on leaderboard.

>

> Thanks bros

That's cool and all but WotLK era Death Knights were easily one of the most overpowered builds ever to exist in that game's life span. Like death knights no exagguration made up 30% of the top rated 2v2 players, with paladins making up another 30% in WotLK. Mostly due to the unstoppable combo of DK+Holy paladin. Paladins made up another 30%. Third highest was Rogues at 12%.

I do find it a bit funny and unsurprising that you played DK in WoW, not because Revenant is OP in GW2, but because they're both the edgy class.

> @“otto.5684”

>

> Do you know what an algorithm is? Are you aware of the one in place for ranked que? What sort of things do you do in your real life to say something so clueless?

>

> Outside of a few people gaming the system, the leaderboard says everything. That’s why it’s there. Even in the scenario of cheating the system the leaderboard says everything.

>

> I don’t know why I’m wastjng time arguing with you cus I already can see you are one of those losers “MY FAVORITE STREAMER ON TWITCH IS THE BEST PLAYER”. *facedesk*

>

> Please tell me what is the best metric to determine skill since it isn’t the leaderboard?

>

> I need less of this fairytale **** in my posts. This is why I don’t even talk to you broke boys outside of these forum posts.

>

> @“dagger dave.5201”

> Bro no offense but your posts bring down the quality of my thread. Ima be real the impression you give is that you are disabled from this borderline —— that you keep saying.

>

> Get out the fairytale box bro. I’m pretty sure you’re too old to be this —— irrational and clueless.

You think theres something skillful about being plat and matched with and against golds and lower?

Or you think theres something skillful about wintrading and using a bunch of alts?

This games competitive side is pretty much dead, mostly just scraps left for the hyenas to feast on after the lions have left.

Bro you're a little confused. There are factors such as the game 5vs5, discord and teamwork between people(friends)

There are also weak link even in the table. If you were playing WoW, from start to finish, you'd know what he was dying of.

I'll tell you what makes WoW die. The most important thing is of course marketing. Secondly due to the marketing began to twist the stats in each season to create OP setups. From for this now in pvp of a play mostly rerollers. And finally the rating of there is bought without special problems because of OP metasetups each season.

Given example. Arena 3x3. 2 people play against three and win. Because the third paid money for the high rating (2k+). And they won 2vs3 only for OPmeta of the season. Believe me in the old patches, this never happened 2vs3 due to the balance.

Now about GW2. For example, why nerf Ventari to unplayble condition?? To play between themselves only FB(PoF spec)...

You think it's fun to play the "divine five" without competition?? It turns out the command selects the balance for someone to get to obtain high rating.

For you choose whose synergy will be in the top. At the second place already a skill.

P. S. This post was above it was removed. I quoted the author of the topic and his message was deleted.

Renegade Skills in PvP are never going to be relevant whether you like it or not, the basis around the elite doesn't work and lack utility altogether for this kind of gameplay.

It's possible to make shortbow work with Jalis and Shiro, however you're always going to be an easy target if you pick otherwise. The only thing I could ever suggest is have an evade on one of the shortbow skills in Mists style.

I don't get why Renegade summons are treated like mesmer clones.

I thought they were going to be this are class along with scourge so we could have some form of counter. Like why are they summons??? Why are they just not some form of aoes that give various effects like wells?

I guarantee you, if you at least change that so they are not treated like clones and can get CC'd that is already an improvement.

> **I hope Revenant doesn’t get completely shafted again** in the next set of power creeped elite specs.

>

> **Rev is still not meta** but at least the POF specs have been nerfed enough that you can **sometimes** win by outsmarting your opponents.

>

> I remember season 8 when stepping in a single scourge AOE for a split second was a **guaranteed** death even if you used all your cool downs and managed energy perfectly. **Glad that meme is over.**

You're kidding me, right? The meta comp atm is Scourge/FB/Rev/Mirage/Boonbeast