please never do an event like this again

Shivertard.8930

Small havoc player here and my guild(usually 3-6 a night) has enjoyed the event, bloodlust actually being more important has actually given us more targets to hit on a borderland with more enemy players in the field and NOT behind walls or gates. Bloodlust undefended? We spread out to take, when the enemy comes to retake it we group back up and hunt them down, sometimes keeping it and sometimes losing. Enemy zerging and blobbing up harder than our team? My group goes to steal their bloodlust. My group has so far only pulled an entire zerg into the bloodlust once during the event but we just let them cap and pass by and retook afterwards...they didn't have any zerglings stay even though they knew we were still there, who's fault was that?

A more perfect chance to use that shared squad participation hasn't shown itself since they came out with that option in squads. If a server even THINKS the bloodlust is important, which people complaining it is TOO STRONG here should prove, at least try to protect what you have if not steal the enemy's.

Now for those saying each point is being camped by 5-15 each...wtf matchup is doing that? That's not exactly being fluid like you would hope to be in mobile combat though that's anywhere between 25-60 people in the ruins alone which is hard to believe if they're just sitting there.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> well their feed back is good. so anet knows how the 1 percent feel.

>

> but, these guys dont even try. i mean, they spend time here qq instead of planning how to get an angle to get ahead.

Well it's definitely the problem where the loudest are not necessarily the ones you want to listen to.

But this is hardly a huge issue. The problem with Golem Week wasn't that it was stupid (which it was) but there were some bugs and exploits that were blatant yet they did nothing about it.

All and all though I actually don't mind stupid crap as the occasion, and not the norm. Eg. Portable cannons were really dumb but it was still funny.

Otherwise, well....

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > People always cry about how WvW is stale, dead, ruined by imbalance and go on to make extensive change requests that more often than not would effectivly kill the game with their own version of downed state, their own idealized model of server matchups and transfer restrictions, remake stealth, delete the mesmer, change WvW entirely and what have you... yet at the same time, people have a hissy fit over a weeks worth of an event that doesnt really change anything.

> >

> > Its a curious thing.

>

> Agreed.

>

> I may be projecting here but, I feel some people might be upset over these events thinking ANet might make the changes permanent. I often have those concerns and feel that what these events really are are beta tests to see how the community reacts and how the game handles the changes. But, because I have enough faith in ANet not to implement certain things that are very clearly broken, I don't get all bent out of shape over it.

>

> I'm definitely on board with the "this event sucks" crew but, it's only a week. People gotta remember there are other things to do if they're not enjoying what's happening in GW2. Walk your dog, play Donkey Kong, open a kissing booth. Like, the world's you're oyster people. You know GW2 is extremely casual friendly, it's not like it's going to set you back to not play for a week.

Here's the thing. Out of all the threads about ideas for a week event, AFAIK this was not even brought up. So, basically every suggestion was ignored.

**TYPICAL**

> @"Chaba.5410" said:

> > @"Faffin.6741" said:

> > I tried it on the first or second day, and couldn't get ppl to help take the ruins. will go again tonight.

>

> You might be on a server that doesn't care about borderland maps. Good luck!

SBI. NSP was doing it some. Just logged on now and we have all the ruins :D someones learning

Some of you don't seem to remember the original implementation of bloodlust (it was similar to this event) or are newer to the game and weren't here for it. It sucked and Anet changed it for good reason. Why they decided to do this event I will never understand. It's almost as if they are trolling the game mode.

Either way I'm done with their lack of understanding and caring.

> @"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:

> This event is pure kitten kitten. I've logged in a total of twice this week.

If you've logged in just twice, then how do you know? I've logged in every day, done raiding and roamed and I can honestly not tell the difference from last week regardless of having bloodlust or not. Still a couple days to go but I dont expect much difference.

> > People always cry about how WvW is stale, dead, ruined by imbalance and go on to make extensive change requests that more often than not would effectivly kill the game with their own version of downed state, their own idealized model of server matchups and transfer restrictions, remake stealth, delete the mesmer, change WvW entirely and what have you... yet at the same time, people have a hissy fit over a weeks worth of an event that doesnt really change anything.

> >

> > Its a curious thing.

>

> Agreed.

>

> I may be projecting here but, I feel some people might be upset over these events thinking ANet might make the changes permanent. I often have those concerns and feel that what these events really are are beta tests to see how the community reacts and how the game handles the changes. But, because I have enough faith in ANet not to implement certain things that are very clearly broken, I don't get all bent out of shape over it.

>

> I'm definitely on board with the "this event sucks" crew but, it's only a week. People gotta remember there are other things to do if they're not enjoying what's happening in GW2. Walk your dog, play Donkey Kong, open a kissing booth. Like, the world's you're oyster people. You know GW2 is extremely casual friendly, it's not like it's going to set you back to not play for a week.

Personally, and I can only speak for myself, I am complaining because its a whole week of my gamemode ruined by an awful event. Why 30% stats? What's the fun in having a permastealth daredevil running around getting 30k backstabs because 30% extra stats?

> @"Shivertard.8930" said:

> > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > People always cry about how WvW is stale, dead, ruined by imbalance and go on to make extensive change requests that more often than not would effectivly kill the game with their own version of downed state, their own idealized model of server matchups and transfer restrictions, remake stealth, delete the mesmer, change WvW entirely and what have you... yet at the same time, people have a hissy fit over a weeks worth of an event that doesnt really change anything.

> > >

> > > Its a curious thing.

> >

> > Agreed.

> >

> > I may be projecting here but, I feel some people might be upset over these events thinking ANet might make the changes permanent. I often have those concerns and feel that what these events really are are beta tests to see how the community reacts and how the game handles the changes. But, because I have enough faith in ANet not to implement certain things that are very clearly broken, I don't get all bent out of shape over it.

> >

> > I'm definitely on board with the "this event sucks" crew but, it's only a week. People gotta remember there are other things to do if they're not enjoying what's happening in GW2. Walk your dog, play Donkey Kong, open a kissing booth. Like, the world's you're oyster people. You know GW2 is extremely casual friendly, it's not like it's going to set you back to not play for a week.

>

> Personally, and I can only speak for myself, I am complaining because its a whole week of my gamemode ruined by an awful event. Why 30% stats? What's the fun in having a permastealth daredevil running around getting 30k backstabs because 30% extra stats?

So a 1 hit instakill backstab before bloodlust is different from the current 1 hit instakill backstab WITH bloodlust?

Can't fight guilds you normally wipe all night long because they have 30% increase in stats and can now just push a button and you die. Between that and not getting skirmish rewards due to a recent transfer. I'm out this week. No fun to be had. I logged in yesterday to give it another shot and it was literally two notorious NA commanders pirate shipping. One didn't push because the other had 30% buff and the other didn't push because he never does. Complete stalemate that literally lasted for hours.

For sure. But I think there is validity complaining about how unfun this event can be if you'renot the one benefiting from BLust, because at the same time there is bonus WXP and Reward Track. So instead of spending a few hours in a zerg (getting maximum XP) because I'm getting steamrolled constantly by a better populated / coverage server, I end up porting around BL maps flipping camps (that just get flipped 5:05 later), sentry points and chasing down Dolyaks. Not a problem if you're just trying to complete the dailies, but if you really wanted to take advantage of the extra XP, it's kind of a bummer.

Say what you will about the No Downstate event (ie. who benefited the most), at least all players on all servers were affected by No Downstate.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:

> > This event is pure kitten kitten. I've logged in a total of twice this week.

>

> If you've logged in just twice, then how do you know? I've logged in every day, done raiding and roamed and I can honestly not tell the difference from last week regardless of having bloodlust or not. Still a couple days to go but I dont expect much difference.

Knew I would get this response. Trust me, I played just enough to know how aids it is. How many times do you suggest I get 1-shot by a 21k deadeye shot before I make my conclusion? Or killed by two or three overbuffed trash tier players spamming their overbuffed skills? When everything is power creeped, the skill gap shrinks. ANet did this event to make trash players feel like they are good so they keep playing. If you can't tell the difference you're not a real WvW player, because the difference is extremely obvious.

Enjoy your Fortnite event. I'll be back next week.

> @"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:

> > > @"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:

> > > This event is pure kitten kitten. I've logged in a total of twice this week.

> >

> > If you've logged in just twice, then how do you know? I've logged in every day, done raiding and roamed and I can honestly not tell the difference from last week regardless of having bloodlust or not. Still a couple days to go but I dont expect much difference.

>

> Knew I would get this response. Trust me, I played just enough to know how aids it is. How many times do you suggest I get 1-shot by a 21k deadeye shot before I make my conclusion? Or killed by two or three overbuffed trash tier players spamming their overbuffed skills? When everything is power creeped, the skill gap shrinks. ANet did this event to make trash players feel like they are good so they keep playing. If you can't tell the difference you're not a real WvW player, because the difference is extremely obvious.

>

> Enjoy your Fortnite event. I'll be back next week.

Had a bit of laugh on your comment, trash tier 1 players full of PvE role players know nothing of wvw. This event is , if not one of the worst ANet has put out.

If enemy team has 30% permanently, then your team probably does something wrong and you don't deserve winning fights. The objective has changed. Stop PPT and go claim the ruins. It takes one command from commander to spread out the squad, cap all 5 points in one minute, wait 2 minutes for getting buff, then regrouping. After all, ruins are closer to each other than any big objective towards your rally point and parts of the squad even see each other and can get help if attacked. Then, with buff (even 1 ruins is already 5 vs 15% buffs) you can go fight. Or even get other ruins on other maps and turn the tide.

It is the problem in people not wanting, not in the event.

What if servers dont even have the coverage to retake it? You have around 5 people taking one ruin while the commander is busy with something else? Roamers cant deal with that. The problem is ANet promoting PvE type kitten into another game play mode. It aint PPT, resetting enemy objectives or defending at least a keep should be crucial.