please never do an event like this again

Shivertard.8930

> @"googel.3278" said:

> What if servers dont even have the coverage to retake it? You have around 5 people taking one ruin while the commander is busy with something else? Roamers cant deal with that. The problem is ANet promoting PvE type kitten into another game play mode. It aint PPT, resetting enemy objectives or defending at least a keep should be crucial.

PvE what? This is not PvE type kitten. It's sPvP type kitten. I get the impression that the average WvW player has never stepped foot into sPvP.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Blodeuyn.2751" said:

> Some of you don't seem to remember the original implementation of bloodlust (it was similar to this event) or are newer to the game and weren't here for it. It sucked and Anet changed it for good reason. Why they decided to do this event I will never understand. It's almost as if they are trolling the game mode.

>

> Either way I'm done with their lack of understanding and caring.

Orbs were the original bloodlust.

And it was great, just too hackable

> @"googel.3278" said:

> What if servers dont even have the coverage to retake it? You have around 5 people taking one ruin while the commander is busy with something else? Roamers cant deal with that. The problem is ANet promoting PvE type kitten into another game play mode. It aint PPT, resetting enemy objectives or defending at least a keep should be crucial.

If you dont have the coverage to take ruins you dont have the coverage to protect your objectives or cap enemy objectives either, so does it really matter?

I find it amusing people call it PvE since it is capture the point with only enemy players as a threat. No tactivators, no siege, no lords, no guards, no walls or doors. It is, quite literally, only PvP.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> If you dont have the coverage to take ruins you dont have the coverage to protect your objectives or cap enemy objectives either, so does it really matter?

>

Yeah don't have the people anyways what does it matter if the bigger side gets another 30% stat boost, ain't no big thang.

Amazing reason.

/Slow clap

> @"Shivertard.8930" said:

> this is the most anti fun gameplay ive ever seen, idk who thought of this awful event but please stop.

that is pretty simple to awnser

it´s someone with the same powercreep addicted mentality as the balance team who want to turn this game into a fps like thing

where you can kill in 2 seconds so no gameplay is involved anymore

so the lag in bigger fights gets less cause fights are over nearly instantly anyway :-p

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > If you dont have the coverage to take ruins you dont have the coverage to protect your objectives or cap enemy objectives either, so does it really matter?

> >

>

> Yeah don't have the people anyways what does it matter if the bigger side gets another 30% stat boost, ain't no big thang.

> Amazing reason.

> /Slow clap

Oh I know it's amazing reasoning. Because it's the truth. It doesnt matter. Is that how the game should be? No. As I said before; I dislike the event for the same reason it was nerfed in the first place. It makes strong servers stronger, just like no downed state makes a strong players faceroll weak players even faster. But having 30% extra stats doesnt matter if you've already decided you lost... even if you where the ones having it.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > If you dont have the coverage to take ruins you dont have the coverage to protect your objectives or cap enemy objectives either, so does it really matter?

> > >

> >

> > Yeah don't have the people anyways what does it matter if the bigger side gets another 30% stat boost, ain't no big thang.

> > Amazing reason.

> > /Slow clap

> Oh I know it's amazing reasoning. Because it's the truth. It doesnt matter. Is that how the game should be? No. As I said before; I dislike the event for the same reason it was nerfed in the first place. It makes strong servers stronger, just like no downed state makes a strong players faceroll weak players even faster. But having 30% extra stats doesnt matter if you've already decided you lost... even if you where the ones having it.

This event is the oposite to no downstate. For example with no downstate if you were fighting a blob of 60 with 20 guys and u manage to land a good damage u can down 3 or 4 guys, those guys are out of the fight for good, even if they still have 56 more the 20 guys have a chance to play smart and wear them down slowly in order to win. With downstate the other 56 guys will just zombie swarm and get those 4 guys the small group killed back up very fast so the 20 man group has 0 chance to win even playing smart. With this even tho that 60 man blob will 99.9999% of the time have more blodlust than the 20 man group so effefctively that 60 man group will be a 70, 90 or 100+ man squad vs the same 20 guys making this event the exact opposite to the no downstate event where the small group had a chance to beat the bigger by out smarting them, with this event the 20 man is just even more outnumbered than they were before. This makes this event effectivelly the worst, more imbalanced and stupid event that ever happened to WvW, even golem week both teams could take advantage of the 100% damage exploit regardless of numbers, developers of this game clearly play WvW A LOT, they seem to know a lot about mechanics of the game, i am glad Arenanet cares about our comunity so much!!!!

No downstate is better for smaller group. Simply because smaller group will never have enough dps to deal with a bigger group but with no downstate, they do not need to deal with the downs which significantly change the playstyle.

All legit commanders know this, as long you got 10 more than others, your chance of winning increase to as much as 75%. Of course, provided they are on meta. Such is one of the reasons why many people quit.

> @"Kaiser.9873" said:

> > @"VaaCrow.3076" said:

> > loved this event, it filled wvw ruins with roamers, and it was easy pickings for good fights all week so far. loved it!

>

> Glad you got to face roamers. We've been dealing with guild groups. Been out since Sunday, won't be back til Friday.

We faced guild groups too, which was also fun. working out how to beat 4-5 on a ruin as a duo was ALOT of fun. they stack up like bowling pins, excellent to gank. honestly, i really don't get the hate for this event atall.

> @"VaaCrow.3076" said:

> > @"Kaiser.9873" said:

> > > @"VaaCrow.3076" said:

> > > loved this event, it filled wvw ruins with roamers, and it was easy pickings for good fights all week so far. loved it!

> >

> > Glad you got to face roamers. We've been dealing with guild groups. Been out since Sunday, won't be back til Friday.

>

> We faced guild groups too, which was also fun. working out how to beat 4-5 on a ruin as a duo was ALOT of fun. they stack up like bowling pins, excellent to gank. honestly, i really don't get the hate for this event atall.

Well you cant *really* expect guild groups to understand how roaming works, can you? I also like those thinking "lets stand here with 5 people on top of each other in a 2m radius capping this 20m radius point, that mesmer approaching us with a greatsword is probably not a threat". Sometimes I wonder if people are just cold and need to huddle together for warmth or something.

Its funny....No Down week benefited smaller groups/roamers more than zergs....and the general vocal community was for it (and want it again)....whether or not thats a majority i dont know......This event benefited the opposite...zergs and larger groups and the favor is it was ok, but needs to be toned down.

Clearly vocal people prefer to be able to have safety in numbers and become a hive mind with less challenge.

Having been on both ends of the spectrum [servers with/without majority of bloodlust/coverage] I still feel it was fun with exception to just staredowns between zergs on occasion. I can see how it could bother some though. Throughout the week I saw all kinds of shenanigans but those that stayed to fight got the fights they wanted.

In response to the OP, may I make a slight correction to the title? I like the double XP and the reward track bonus. I did not like the Bloodlust bonus, however. My server was seriously out-populated and so we hardly ever capped bloodlust, because of all the damned enemy deadeyes camping the ruins. People just gave up, and I did too, stopping after my Diamond 6 chest. The event, IMHO, was almost as unfun as the no downed state event.

Maybe we need some better ideas for the theme, or maybe we just need unthemed double xp events.

This event would have been more fun if populations were much more balanced (presumably after Alliances, but maybe I should not hold my breath).

> @"Adzekul.3104" said:

> In response to the OP, may I make a slight correction to the title? I like the double XP and the reward track bonus. I did not like the Bloodlust bonus, however. My server was seriously out-populated and so we hardly ever capped bloodlust, because of all the damned enemy deadeyes camping the ruins. People just gave up, and I did too, stopping after my Diamond 6 chest. The event, IMHO, was almost as unfun as the no downed state event.

>

> Maybe we need some better ideas for the theme, or maybe we just need unthemed double xp events.

>

> This event would have been more fun if populations were much more balanced (presumably after Alliances, but maybe I should not hold my breath).

I think wxp/mf/reward track bonus should probably happen more frequently. I remember in Ultima Online there used to be something called hour of power/power hour. - maybe it's something that could be implemented weekly/monthly that isn't tied to an event. They don't even have to make it as high as the current event, just something that is enough of a boost to attract players.