Rev after patch

Toron.4856

> @"Toron.4856" said:

> Good job nerfing revs might by 60%

>

> You did add a trait that increases the effectiveness of might but nobody will use it cuz you lose the ferocity boon.

>

> Good job

>

> And revs utilities r bugged and keep swapping places and u didnt fix that major bug either.

>

> Meanwhile engi and war untouched

>

> How to slowly kill a class that wasnt even overperforming 101

Wait but wasn't rev buffed? a bunch of stuff was buffed and facet of nature cost went down no?

You got buffs as support and for condi

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > Good job nerfing revs might by 60%

> >

> > You did add a trait that increases the effectiveness of might but nobody will use it cuz you lose the ferocity boon.

> >

> > Good job

> >

> > And revs utilities r bugged and keep swapping places and u didnt fix that major bug either.

> >

> > Meanwhile engi and war untouched

> >

> > How to slowly kill a class that wasnt even overperforming 101

>

> Wait but wasn't rev buffed? a bunch of stuff was buffed and facet of nature cost went down no?

>

> You got buffs as support and for condi

>

Yeah rev got pve buffs but this is the pvp section

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> Why did Revs deserve permanent 25 stacks of might? IMO they didn't. Three of their skills chained brought down a Holosmith, and they had a 60-40 advantage over Holosmith, which for some reason people keep complaining about despite repeated Nerfs.

>

> Holo is actually fairly balanced, although it needs a few shaves. It never abused permanent 25 stacks of might, though.

>

> I'll give you Rev mains this, though. If they're taking away Rev damage, they need to add Rev defense/condi clear.

Holo Shockwave is a bit too much - too big of an AoE for me. I don't mind the other aspects of Holo too much though.

25 stacks of might make up for the lack of personal defense - I don't mind the nerf to Incensed Response, it's a lazy and OP trait and needed to be nerfed, but yeah a bit of a buff to Rev's defense is necessary given the nerf. Even a decrease in upkeep cost of Facet of Light from 2 to 1 would be a great start.

> @"idolin.2831" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > Why did Revs deserve permanent 25 stacks of might? IMO they didn't. Three of their skills chained brought down a Holosmith, and they had a 60-40 advantage over Holosmith, which for some reason people keep complaining about despite repeated Nerfs.

> >

> > Holo is actually fairly balanced, although it needs a few shaves. It never abused permanent 25 stacks of might, though.

> >

> > I'll give you Rev mains this, though. If they're taking away Rev damage, they need to add Rev defense/condi clear.

>

> Holo Shockwave is a bit too much - too big of an AoE for me. I don't mind the other aspects of Holo too much though.

>

> 25 stacks of might make up for the lack of personal defense - I don't mind the nerf to Incensed Response, it's a lazy and OP trait and needed to be nerfed, but yeah a bit of a buff to Rev's defense is necessary given the nerf. Even a decrease in upkeep cost of Facet of Light from 2 to 1 would be a great start.

Hey I hear you there. I was asking for a ~150 range shave on shockwave, as well as a ~10% healing nerf on turret, but I realize that's unfair to core. Perhaps making shockwave not a blast finisher? But that doesn't make much logistical sense.

I would be totally up to see revs gain a bit of active defense or condi clear out of this though. I've been a large proponent of seeing rev damage take a "significant" hit to make them "significantly" more survivable.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > Good job nerfing revs might by 60%

> >

> > You did add a trait that increases the effectiveness of might but nobody will use it cuz you lose the ferocity boon.

> >

> > Good job

> >

> > And revs utilities r bugged and keep swapping places and u didnt fix that major bug either.

> >

> > Meanwhile engi and war untouched

> >

> > How to slowly kill a class that wasnt even overperforming 101

>

> Wait but wasn't rev buffed? a bunch of stuff was buffed and facet of nature cost went down no?

>

> You got buffs as support and for condi

>

The primary source of might was nerfed effectively reducing might stacking by 10-12 stacks on average. Also, the other 2 effective buffs: reducing facet of nature energy cost and increased damage against targets with vulnerability, where PvE and WvW only buffs.

Rev is definitely nerfed in sPvP.

There was no change at all for condi damage and the change to renegade is insignificant. Plus it is renegade so by default PvE only.

I had to delete it, so didn't you revs say something on your forum about ferocity or something and crit? i can't remember.

What do you have that gives ferocity and precision? do you have any perks that give bonus to it for power attacks?

10-12 stacks less is going to be pretty noticeable i bet.

So how do you get 25 stacks now on rev for doing power dmg? there must be a certain way to do that build up.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> I had to delete it, so didn't you revs say something on your forum about ferocity or something and crit? i can't remember.

>

> What do you have that gives ferocity and precision? do you have any perks that give bonus to it for power attacks?

>

> 10-12 stacks less is going to be pretty noticeable i bet.

>

> So how do you get 25 stacks now on rev for doing power dmg? there must be a certain way to do that build up.

Revs main might generation was nerfed by 60% which leads to a significant loss of power.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> So how do you get 25 stacks now on rev for doing power dmg? there must be a certain way to do that build up.

In PvP we don't, unless we take Notoriety. They pretty much nerfed Incensed Response so Notoriety isn't absolutely redundant. Which is funny because when they added Incensed Response we could already take Nefarious Momentum (old Notoriety) and no one asked for more might. I'd prefer Equilibrium never being removed than Incensed Response existing.

Also, we can generate 25 might still because of combining Incensed Response and Notoriety, but it's still a nerf because we have to give up another trait for it (Assassin's Presence, Malicious Reprisal)

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > So how do you get 25 stacks now on rev for doing power dmg? there must be a certain way to do that build up.

>

> In PvP we don't, unless we take Notoriety. They pretty much nerfed Incensed Response so Notoriety isn't absolutely redundant. Which is funny because when they added Incensed Response we could already take Nefarious Momentum (old Notoriety) and no one asked for more might. I'd prefer Equilibrium never being removed than Incensed Response existing.

>

> Also, we can generate 25 might still because of combining Incensed Response and Notoriety, but it's still a nerf because we have to give up another trait for it (Assassin's Presence, Malicious Reprisal)

>

So i'm guessing then in spvp you will have to change to a sigil with ferocity and precision now to compensate? and have extra ferocity from a amulet?

I'm guessing assasins presence has either ferocity and precision or one the other?

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > Why did Revs deserve permanent 25 stacks of might? IMO they didn't. Three of their skills chained brought down a Holosmith, and they had a 60-40 advantage over Holosmith, which for some reason people keep complaining about despite repeated Nerfs.

> > >

> > > Holo is actually fairly balanced, although it needs a few shaves. It never abused permanent 25 stacks of might, though.

> > >

> > > I'll give you Rev mains this, though. If they're taking away Rev damage, they need to add Rev defense/condi clear.

> >

> > Holo Shockwave is a bit too much - too big of an AoE for me. I don't mind the other aspects of Holo too much though.

> >

> > 25 stacks of might make up for the lack of personal defense - I don't mind the nerf to Incensed Response, it's a lazy and OP trait and needed to be nerfed, but yeah a bit of a buff to Rev's defense is necessary given the nerf. Even a decrease in upkeep cost of Facet of Light from 2 to 1 would be a great start.

>

> Hey I hear you there. I was asking for a ~150 range shave on shockwave, as well as a ~10% healing nerf on turret, but I realize that's unfair to core. Perhaps making shockwave not a blast finisher? But that doesn't make much logistical sense.

Nerfing core to balance elite is never the right move. It only enforces the meta even more. It basically means that you HAVE to play the latest elite spec or be completely uncompetitive.

The blast finisher on shockwave could be removed without hurting holo much. If you want to hit holo sustain though, I'd probably start with reducing the healing on Heat Therapy or reducing the stability from corona burst / eclipse . Holo is supposed to be a glass cannon. It should live or die (literally) by whether it can land its damage. If it fails, you should be able to counterattack and punish it.

I always liked that about Rev. It tends to be very all-in on its damage.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > So how do you get 25 stacks now on rev for doing power dmg? there must be a certain way to do that build up.

> >

> > In PvP we don't, unless we take Notoriety. They pretty much nerfed Incensed Response so Notoriety isn't absolutely redundant. Which is funny because when they added Incensed Response we could already take Nefarious Momentum (old Notoriety) and no one asked for more might. I'd prefer Equilibrium never being removed than Incensed Response existing.

> >

> > Also, we can generate 25 might still because of combining Incensed Response and Notoriety, but it's still a nerf because we have to give up another trait for it (Assassin's Presence, Malicious Reprisal)

> >

>

> So i'm guessing then in spvp you will have to change to a sigil with ferocity and precision now to compensate? and have extra ferocity from a amulet?

>

> I'm guessing assasins presence has either ferocity and precision or one the other?

I don't think there are sigils for ferocity and precision and we probably wouldn't take them over our current ones anyway. We won't change amulets either, Berserker is too glass and anything tankier than Marauder doesn't do enough damage.

Assassin's Presence is AoE +150 ferocity for you and allies. So in that trait slot we have

- Assassin's Presence (not a boon, cannot be stripped, AoE for allies)

- Notoriety (more might to make up for Incensed Response nerf, "improved" might)

- Malicious Reprisal (20s ICD 2 unblockable hits either when you get blocked or you block an attack, not useful vs everyone)

So now if revs want the same 25 might that we had before the patch, we have to choose Notoriety and give up one of the other two. Overall, it is a nerf. Like Precision Strike and Surge of the Mist, it is a PvP only nerf that further ruins this class in that game mode, so I WvW only with revenant.

> @"coro.3176" said:

> > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > Why did Revs deserve permanent 25 stacks of might? IMO they didn't. Three of their skills chained brought down a Holosmith, and they had a 60-40 advantage over Holosmith, which for some reason people keep complaining about despite repeated Nerfs.

> > > >

> > > > Holo is actually fairly balanced, although it needs a few shaves. It never abused permanent 25 stacks of might, though.

> > > >

> > > > I'll give you Rev mains this, though. If they're taking away Rev damage, they need to add Rev defense/condi clear.

> > >

> > > Holo Shockwave is a bit too much - too big of an AoE for me. I don't mind the other aspects of Holo too much though.

> > >

> > > 25 stacks of might make up for the lack of personal defense - I don't mind the nerf to Incensed Response, it's a lazy and OP trait and needed to be nerfed, but yeah a bit of a buff to Rev's defense is necessary given the nerf. Even a decrease in upkeep cost of Facet of Light from 2 to 1 would be a great start.

> >

> > Hey I hear you there. I was asking for a ~150 range shave on shockwave, as well as a ~10% healing nerf on turret, but I realize that's unfair to core. Perhaps making shockwave not a blast finisher? But that doesn't make much logistical sense.

>

> I always liked that about Rev. It tends to be very all-in on its damage.

No stealth, no passives, no good source of stability (Jalis is trash), RNG disengage (do you have a target to port to?), almost no protection uptime (RIP f2). You learn to dodge very quickly :)

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > Why did Revs deserve permanent 25 stacks of might? IMO they didn't. Three of their skills chained brought down a Holosmith, and they had a 60-40 advantage over Holosmith, which for some reason people keep complaining about despite repeated Nerfs.

> > > > >

> > > > > Holo is actually fairly balanced, although it needs a few shaves. It never abused permanent 25 stacks of might, though.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'll give you Rev mains this, though. If they're taking away Rev damage, they need to add Rev defense/condi clear.

> > > >

> > > > Holo Shockwave is a bit too much - too big of an AoE for me. I don't mind the other aspects of Holo too much though.

> > > >

> > > > 25 stacks of might make up for the lack of personal defense - I don't mind the nerf to Incensed Response, it's a lazy and OP trait and needed to be nerfed, but yeah a bit of a buff to Rev's defense is necessary given the nerf. Even a decrease in upkeep cost of Facet of Light from 2 to 1 would be a great start.

> > >

> > > Hey I hear you there. I was asking for a ~150 range shave on shockwave, as well as a ~10% healing nerf on turret, but I realize that's unfair to core. Perhaps making shockwave not a blast finisher? But that doesn't make much logistical sense.

> >

> > I always liked that about Rev. It tends to be very all-in on its damage.

>

> No stealth, no passives, no good source of stability (Jalis is trash), RNG disengage (do you have a target to port to?), almost no protection uptime (RIP f2). You learn to dodge very quickly :)

You guys have mobility don't you? thats sort of a defensive tool.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > Why did Revs deserve permanent 25 stacks of might? IMO they didn't. Three of their skills chained brought down a Holosmith, and they had a 60-40 advantage over Holosmith, which for some reason people keep complaining about despite repeated Nerfs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Holo is actually fairly balanced, although it needs a few shaves. It never abused permanent 25 stacks of might, though.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'll give you Rev mains this, though. If they're taking away Rev damage, they need to add Rev defense/condi clear.

> > > > >

> > > > > Holo Shockwave is a bit too much - too big of an AoE for me. I don't mind the other aspects of Holo too much though.

> > > > >

> > > > > 25 stacks of might make up for the lack of personal defense - I don't mind the nerf to Incensed Response, it's a lazy and OP trait and needed to be nerfed, but yeah a bit of a buff to Rev's defense is necessary given the nerf. Even a decrease in upkeep cost of Facet of Light from 2 to 1 would be a great start.

> > > >

> > > > Hey I hear you there. I was asking for a ~150 range shave on shockwave, as well as a ~10% healing nerf on turret, but I realize that's unfair to core. Perhaps making shockwave not a blast finisher? But that doesn't make much logistical sense.

> > >

> > > I always liked that about Rev. It tends to be very all-in on its damage.

> >

> > No stealth, no passives, no good source of stability (Jalis is trash), RNG disengage (do you have a target to port to?), almost no protection uptime (RIP f2). You learn to dodge very quickly :)

>

> You guys have mobility don't you? thats sort of a defensive tool.

Mobility is highly depending on if u have a target to port to to disengage as beep said..

And yeah u have many dodges but shiro dodge still costs lots of energy.

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > Why did Revs deserve permanent 25 stacks of might? IMO they didn't. Three of their skills chained brought down a Holosmith, and they had a 60-40 advantage over Holosmith, which for some reason people keep complaining about despite repeated Nerfs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Holo is actually fairly balanced, although it needs a few shaves. It never abused permanent 25 stacks of might, though.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'll give you Rev mains this, though. If they're taking away Rev damage, they need to add Rev defense/condi clear.

> > > > >

> > > > > Holo Shockwave is a bit too much - too big of an AoE for me. I don't mind the other aspects of Holo too much though.

> > > > >

> > > > > 25 stacks of might make up for the lack of personal defense - I don't mind the nerf to Incensed Response, it's a lazy and OP trait and needed to be nerfed, but yeah a bit of a buff to Rev's defense is necessary given the nerf. Even a decrease in upkeep cost of Facet of Light from 2 to 1 would be a great start.

> > > >

> > > > Hey I hear you there. I was asking for a ~150 range shave on shockwave, as well as a ~10% healing nerf on turret, but I realize that's unfair to core. Perhaps making shockwave not a blast finisher? But that doesn't make much logistical sense.

> > >

> > > I always liked that about Rev. It tends to be very all-in on its damage.

> >

> > No stealth, no passives, no good source of stability (Jalis is trash), RNG disengage (do you have a target to port to?), almost no protection uptime (RIP f2). You learn to dodge very quickly :)

>

> You guys have mobility don't you? thats sort of a defensive tool.

As a defensive tool, our mobility is unreliable because we need a target to port to.

As an offensive tool it lets us +1 better, but thief and mesmer are faster (and counter rev). Guardian with sword port and Judges Intervention is comparable.

> @"Toron.4856" said:

> > @"Axl.8924" said:

> > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > @"coro.3176" said:

> > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > @"idolin.2831" said:

> > > > > > > @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> > > > > > > Why did Revs deserve permanent 25 stacks of might? IMO they didn't. Three of their skills chained brought down a Holosmith, and they had a 60-40 advantage over Holosmith, which for some reason people keep complaining about despite repeated Nerfs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Holo is actually fairly balanced, although it needs a few shaves. It never abused permanent 25 stacks of might, though.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'll give you Rev mains this, though. If they're taking away Rev damage, they need to add Rev defense/condi clear.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Holo Shockwave is a bit too much - too big of an AoE for me. I don't mind the other aspects of Holo too much though.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 25 stacks of might make up for the lack of personal defense - I don't mind the nerf to Incensed Response, it's a lazy and OP trait and needed to be nerfed, but yeah a bit of a buff to Rev's defense is necessary given the nerf. Even a decrease in upkeep cost of Facet of Light from 2 to 1 would be a great start.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hey I hear you there. I was asking for a ~150 range shave on shockwave, as well as a ~10% healing nerf on turret, but I realize that's unfair to core. Perhaps making shockwave not a blast finisher? But that doesn't make much logistical sense.

> > > >

> > > > I always liked that about Rev. It tends to be very all-in on its damage.

> > >

> > > No stealth, no passives, no good source of stability (Jalis is trash), RNG disengage (do you have a target to port to?), almost no protection uptime (RIP f2). You learn to dodge very quickly :)

> >

> > You guys have mobility don't you? thats sort of a defensive tool.

>

> Mobility is highly depending on if u have a target to port to to disengage as beep said..

>

> And yeah u have many dodges but shiro dodge still costs lots of energy.

I guess you now have either as much mobility as reaper or slightly more now.

how do you deal with survivability issues then if no stability?

> @"Mbelch.9028" said:

> Why did Revs deserve permanent 25 stacks of might? IMO they didn't. Three of their skills chained brought down a Holosmith, and they had a 60-40 advantage over Holosmith, which for some reason people keep complaining about despite repeated Nerfs.

>

Without might stacks our damage over time is poor. Take a look at PvE: even in full zerker gear power Revenant is amongst the lowest classes in dps... And in PvP our damage is significatively lower.

By the way, the bug keeps hitting, in every game mode (story mode, wvw, pvp...). I'm on the verge of leaving PvP (which means the whole game) until they fix it. Too many fights and matches ruined by it.

The bigger nerf to Rev this patch was that other classes received random buffs while rev got one big nothingburger. Incensed response had been busted for a long time and deserved to go, just not with nothing in terms of survival to make up for it.

Sad because there are legit tons of little things they could do to improve the quality of the class. .

Herald could be massively improved if they just de-nerfed facet and unsplit some skills.

Renegade would even be more than a meme if the line just had access to protection or some valid form of defensive sustain.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"Bryvanent.1364" said:

> > class seems just fine in pvp. Cant imagine all the difficulties people are having. ![](https://media1.tenor.com/images/a20ddd95ed33c6937246c1f37232e519/tenor.gif?itemid=10111909 "")

> >

> People enjoy having training wheels. You take them off and all panic ensues.

I like the way you think lad

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> > @"Bryvanent.1364" said:

> > class seems just fine in pvp. Cant imagine all the difficulties people are having. ![](https://media1.tenor.com/images/a20ddd95ed33c6937246c1f37232e519/tenor.gif?itemid=10111909 "")

> >

> People enjoy having training wheels. You take them off and all panic ensues.

What are you even on about? If a pvper wanted "training wheels" rev is the last class they would choose. Noob beast , holosmith, warrior , REAPER, mesmer , any guard build all provide both better results and are way easier to play. Rev is one of the hardest classes in the game and any 1 who complains about it is either a very top mmr player who plays vs the best of every class on a regular basis OR is some retard who couldnt ever hope to play the class to success in their life.

EDIT: I meant to type mirage, not "mesmer" whps

> @"apricotprophet.9302" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > @"Bryvanent.1364" said:

> > > class seems just fine in pvp. Cant imagine all the difficulties people are having. ![](https://media1.tenor.com/images/a20ddd95ed33c6937246c1f37232e519/tenor.gif?itemid=10111909 "")

> > >

> > People enjoy having training wheels. You take them off and all panic ensues.

>

> What are you even on about? If a pvper wanted "training wheels" rev is the last class they would choose. Noob beast , holosmith, warrior , REAPER, mesmer , any guard build all provide both better results and are way easier to play. Rev is one of the hardest classes in the game and any 1 who complains about it is either a very top mmr player who plays vs the best of every class on a regular basis OR is some kitten who couldnt ever hope to play the class to success in their life.

>

> EDIT: I meant to type mirage, not "mesmer" whps

There was zero effort to get and obtain 25 stack of might and following that with PT+SW would, in most cases, down someone. So the skill ceiling has been raised for Revs and for those who relied on that type of combo are complaining... hence people liked their training wheels with Rev.