Is it possible to prevent a character from gaining EXP? or Prevent from leveling up?

> @"Shiroe.7246" said:

> My goal is to use my low level character to grind some mobs to obtain low level mats. i hate farming bags in my lvl 80 character and switching bags to my low level character.

Saddly no, but you can set a max level and then delete/remake the character.

Only way to prevent a character from levelling is to avoid things that gain exp. So you can park them at a JP chest for example. I've got my mid-level bag opener parked at Sharkmaw JP where they farm plat doubloons from the JP chest, and then open bags as needed. Fortunately, shared inventory slots make transferring bags between characters a lot easier than it used to be.

Simpler to get a glyph.

Alternatively if the material drops directly or comes from a [container](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Container) level doesn't matter

> @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> Only way to prevent a character from levelling is to avoid things that gain exp. So you can park them at a JP chest for example. I've got my mid-level bag opener parked at Sharkmaw JP where they farm plat doubloons from the JP chest, and then open bags as needed. Fortunately, shared inventory slots make transferring bags between characters a lot easier than it used to be.

Bank is pretty simple as well. Just use the bank in Obsidian Sanctum.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> Simpler to get a glyph.

>

> Alternatively if the material drops directly or comes from a [container](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Container) level doesn't matter

>

> > @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > Only way to prevent a character from levelling is to avoid things that gain exp. So you can park them at a JP chest for example. I've got my mid-level bag opener parked at Sharkmaw JP where they farm plat doubloons from the JP chest, and then open bags as needed. Fortunately, shared inventory slots make transferring bags between characters a lot easier than it used to be.

>

> Bank is pretty simple as well. Just use the bank in Obsidian Sanctum.

WvW bank or Guild Hall bank access through Scribe station is similar - both require an extra hop to take the original character there and drop it off in the bank, and then another hop to take the bag opener there to retrieve the bags. By using shared inventory slots, you don't have to do any of that - just move the bags into the shared slot(s) and switch toons.

> @"Shiroe.7246" said:

> My goal is to use my low level character to grind some mobs to obtain low level mats. i hate farming bags in my lvl 80 character and switching bags to my low level character.

Low level mobs drop low level mats regardless of your level, it's the gear/item drops that change with your level. It is annoying to pass your bags to other characters in order to get what you want but there is no way around that. You can keep a character at the level you want and park them near a bank, then open the bags with them, it's the only option.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Shiroe.7246" said:

> > My goal is to use my low level character to grind some mobs to obtain low level mats. i hate farming bags in my lvl 80 character and switching bags to my low level character.

>

> Low level mobs drop low level mats regardless of your level, it's the gear/item drops that change with your level. It is annoying to pass your bags to other characters in order to get what you want but there is no way around that. You can keep a character at the level you want and park them near a bank, then open the bags with them, it's the only option.

This is true, but the gear level is based on the character not the mob level, which you can salavage for low level mats, if you have a low level character.

The low level farming is pointless though. Max level geared characters demolish low level content mobs. It is much faster to farm using a max level character than a low level one.

Kalendraf.9521 ✭✭✭

October 8, 2018

Only way to prevent a character from levelling is to avoid things that gain exp. So you can park them at a JP chest for example. I've got my mid-level bag opener parked at Sharkmaw JP where they farm plat doubloons from the JP chest, and then open bags as needed. Fortunately, shared inventory slots make transferring bags between characters a lot easier than it used to be.

I know people who have created toons that their own purpose to be created is to camp at hard to get at location chests. They then log in once a day to them and get the loot, then log off and log in with the next toon.