The Value of a WvW Ticket.

DanAlcedo.3281

The only thing that bugs me is the time-gate. If I want to farm the skirmish tickets like I have no life let me do it . Badges are a dead currency as well as skirmish chests as you basically swim in them and they have no real use. The skirmish tickets is the only thing that will get you sth, even if the price might be higher.

> @"Holy Security.9724" said:

> The only thing that bugs me is the time-gate. If I want to farm the skirmish tickets like I have no life let me do it . Badges are a dead currency as well as skirmish chests as you basically swim in them and they have no real use. The skirmish tickets is the only thing that will get you sth, even if the price might be higher.

>

Badges can be turned into both gold and silver in much the same fashion:

- badges of tribute: takes 30 BoH, sells for a little over 15 silver.

- Badges of tribute: can profit if you are a scribe to make guild seige and sell it.

Plus if you don't have a WvW guild to give the blueprints from the skirmish chests to each chest is worth at least 19 silver. Each will give an unidentified dye.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I think any game, and especially GW2, is always going to have a substantial minority who can't stand sitting in front of a crafting station (even if it's as painless as it is in GW2).

>

Crafting is hardly painless in GW2. It's arguably one of the most annoying aspects of the game. It's even worse when you consider items that are a combination of crafting station and mystic forge (i.e. Legendary Armor or Weapons).

If you need a wiki to complete a recipe, or have to run back and forth to the trading post multiple times to craft an item, then you have a bad user experience (a corner stone of good UI development).

> @"juno.1840" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > I think any game, and especially GW2, is always going to have a substantial minority who can't stand sitting in front of a crafting station (even if it's as painless as it is in GW2).

> >

>

> Crafting is hardly painless in GW2. It's arguably one of the most annoying aspects of the game. It's even worse when you consider items that are a combination of crafting station and mystic forge (i.e. Legendary Armor or Weapons).

>

> If you need a wiki to complete a recipe, or have to run back and forth to the trading post multiple times to craft an item, then you have a bad user experience (a corner stone of good UI development).

>

Really? You find crafting hard? Leveling crafting can be expensive, but with some of the leveling guides it's simple and quick.

Furthermore: wiki's have recipes and component ingredients.

Plus the crafting shows you the component ingredients. It's not hard...

Scribing? Expensive as young cats to level, but valuable to guilds and can start to turn a profit from it once you hit max.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> Hi!

>

> Everytime someone says that the WvW Skirmish Tickets are a good reward i get triggered HARD.

>

> If you click the Link below you can see:

> *The current Value of a Ticket.

> * Prices for Armor and Weapons (WvW Vendor)

> *A comparison between crafting and the WvW Vendor

>

> The current best value of a Ticket is 2 silver and 93 copper.

> (Value may change with the Price of Memorys of battle)

>

> Edit: https://imgur.com/Hgvefdo

>

> So please.

>

> * The WvW Ticket Vendor is scam

> * Tickets are currently a Trash Reward

> * In almost all cases Tickets are negativ Gold.

> * I dont talk about the Legendary Armor.

>

>

> Dan.

>

>

>

>

>

In your opinion. which nobody asked for.

Also never forget that WvW pays for itself. You get all the sieges you need, if you want to be even better you invest money yourself in guild sieges, but it isn't required to be well off. You also get slightly weaker, but free food variants. So any loot chest, any finished reward track, every ticket, every badge.. it's all additional money. Doesn't matter if one is more worth than the other.

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> I will never understand why people would defend this.

> But ok.

>

> Maybe its like Luck.

> The moment you have your Max Magicfind, its a useless reward.

> The moment you have your legendary Armor, its a useless reward.

>

> Lets just hope there will be a time when this changes.

>

> All i can do is to continue to tell everyone to stay back from the WvW Vendor.

> Someone has to do the job.

>

>

>

Then you´re giving me the ascended armor then ? Or even the legendary backpack ? These things require tickets that are only available in wvw.

For me, these tickets are the most valuable currency in the game currently because I want something that can only be bought with them.

Btw, "value" is mostly subjective, though gold-value is not.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"juno.1840" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > I think any game, and especially GW2, is always going to have a substantial minority who can't stand sitting in front of a crafting station (even if it's as painless as it is in GW2).

> > >

> >

> > Crafting is hardly painless in GW2. It's arguably one of the most annoying aspects of the game. It's even worse when you consider items that are a combination of crafting station and mystic forge (i.e. Legendary Armor or Weapons).

> >

> > If you need a wiki to complete a recipe, or have to run back and forth to the trading post multiple times to craft an item, then you have a bad user experience (a corner stone of good UI development).

> >

>

> Really? You find crafting hard? Leveling crafting can be expensive, but with some of the leveling guides it's simple and quick.

>

> Furthermore: wiki's have recipes and component ingredients.

> Plus the crafting shows you the component ingredients. It's not hard...

>

> Scribing? Expensive as young cats to level, but valuable to guilds and can start to turn a profit from it once you hit max.

Where did I say "hard"? I said it's annoying (and therefore painful which is the opposite of what you mentioned as painless). Also note I mentioned the mystic forge which is an integral part of "crafting" legendary equipment and other things.

Cooking is by far the worst. If I want to make 20 of something, it generally results in multiple trips to the TP because you cannot easily visualize all the ingredients you need.

EDIT: some of the pain can be washed away by integrating the TP into the trading station UI, but that would diminish the need for some consumables (like the TP vendor item).

> @"juno.1840" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"juno.1840" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > I think any game, and especially GW2, is always going to have a substantial minority who can't stand sitting in front of a crafting station (even if it's as painless as it is in GW2).

> > > >

> > >

> > > Crafting is hardly painless in GW2. It's arguably one of the most annoying aspects of the game. It's even worse when you consider items that are a combination of crafting station and mystic forge (i.e. Legendary Armor or Weapons).

> > >

> > > If you need a wiki to complete a recipe, or have to run back and forth to the trading post multiple times to craft an item, then you have a bad user experience (a corner stone of good UI development).

> > >

> >

> > Really? You find crafting hard? Leveling crafting can be expensive, but with some of the leveling guides it's simple and quick.

> >

> > Furthermore: wiki's have recipes and component ingredients.

> > Plus the crafting shows you the component ingredients. It's not hard...

> >

> > Scribing? Expensive as young cats to level, but valuable to guilds and can start to turn a profit from it once you hit max.

>

> Where did I say "hard"? I said it's annoying (and therefore painful which is the opposite of what you mentioned as painless). Also note I mentioned the mystic forge which is an integral part of "crafting" legendary equipment and other things.

>

> Cooking is by far the worst. If I want to make 20 of something, it generally results in multiple trips to the TP because you cannot easily visualize all the ingredients you need.

>

> EDIT: some of the pain can be washed away by integrating the TP into the trading station UI, but that would diminish the need for some consumables (like the TP vendor item).

You are correct. My reading comprehension was borked.. Sry.

The word 'hardly' popped up and I went 'AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!'

That being said, I don't find it necessarily painful, but I can see where for some it is a pain in the arse.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"juno.1840" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"juno.1840" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > I think any game, and especially GW2, is always going to have a substantial minority who can't stand sitting in front of a crafting station (even if it's as painless as it is in GW2).

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Crafting is hardly painless in GW2. It's arguably one of the most annoying aspects of the game. It's even worse when you consider items that are a combination of crafting station and mystic forge (i.e. Legendary Armor or Weapons).

> > > >

> > > > If you need a wiki to complete a recipe, or have to run back and forth to the trading post multiple times to craft an item, then you have a bad user experience (a corner stone of good UI development).

> > > >

> > >

> > > Really? You find crafting hard? Leveling crafting can be expensive, but with some of the leveling guides it's simple and quick.

> > >

> > > Furthermore: wiki's have recipes and component ingredients.

> > > Plus the crafting shows you the component ingredients. It's not hard...

> > >

> > > Scribing? Expensive as young cats to level, but valuable to guilds and can start to turn a profit from it once you hit max.

> >

> > Where did I say "hard"? I said it's annoying (and therefore painful which is the opposite of what you mentioned as painless). Also note I mentioned the mystic forge which is an integral part of "crafting" legendary equipment and other things.

> >

> > Cooking is by far the worst. If I want to make 20 of something, it generally results in multiple trips to the TP because you cannot easily visualize all the ingredients you need.

> >

> > EDIT: some of the pain can be washed away by integrating the TP into the trading station UI, but that would diminish the need for some consumables (like the TP vendor item).

>

> You are correct. My reading comprehension was borked.. Sry.

>

> The word 'hardly' popped up and I went 'AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!'

>

> That being said, I don't find it necessarily painful, but I can see where for some it is a pain in the kitten.

No worries, not a big deal.

I think the mystic forge is the most frustrating part since you cannot use it for anything legendary without a wiki page open. I simply hate that.

> @"juno.1840" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"juno.1840" said:

> > > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > > @"juno.1840" said:

> > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > I think any game, and especially GW2, is always going to have a substantial minority who can't stand sitting in front of a crafting station (even if it's as painless as it is in GW2).

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Crafting is hardly painless in GW2. It's arguably one of the most annoying aspects of the game. It's even worse when you consider items that are a combination of crafting station and mystic forge (i.e. Legendary Armor or Weapons).

> > > > >

> > > > > If you need a wiki to complete a recipe, or have to run back and forth to the trading post multiple times to craft an item, then you have a bad user experience (a corner stone of good UI development).

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Really? You find crafting hard? Leveling crafting can be expensive, but with some of the leveling guides it's simple and quick.

> > > >

> > > > Furthermore: wiki's have recipes and component ingredients.

> > > > Plus the crafting shows you the component ingredients. It's not hard...

> > > >

> > > > Scribing? Expensive as young cats to level, but valuable to guilds and can start to turn a profit from it once you hit max.

> > >

> > > Where did I say "hard"? I said it's annoying (and therefore painful which is the opposite of what you mentioned as painless). Also note I mentioned the mystic forge which is an integral part of "crafting" legendary equipment and other things.

> > >

> > > Cooking is by far the worst. If I want to make 20 of something, it generally results in multiple trips to the TP because you cannot easily visualize all the ingredients you need.

> > >

> > > EDIT: some of the pain can be washed away by integrating the TP into the trading station UI, but that would diminish the need for some consumables (like the TP vendor item).

> >

> > You are correct. My reading comprehension was borked.. Sry.

> >

> > The word 'hardly' popped up and I went 'AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!'

> >

> > That being said, I don't find it necessarily painful, but I can see where for some it is a pain in the kitten.

>

> No worries, not a big deal.

> I think the mystic forge is the most frustrating part since you cannot use it for anything legendary without a wiki page open. I simply hate that.

They DO say it's a 'journey'

I mentioned this months ago [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45529/skirmish-claim-tickets-irrelevant-currency-for-main-wvwers](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45529/skirmish-claim-tickets-irrelevant-currency-for-main-wvwers "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45529/skirmish-claim-tickets-irrelevant-currency-for-main-wvwers") but people on these forums don't quite understand how math works

On reddit you have better luck

> @"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:

> I mentioned this months ago [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45529/skirmish-claim-tickets-irrelevant-currency-for-main-wvwers](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45529/skirmish-claim-tickets-irrelevant-currency-for-main-wvwers "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45529/skirmish-claim-tickets-irrelevant-currency-for-main-wvwers") but people on these forums don't quite understand how math works

There's no actual math in your post. More importantly, there's no mention of value.

The entirety of your original post was:

> I'm just wondering if anyone else is at the point where skirmish claim tickets are irrelevant.

>

> Everything from the ticket vendor has a price tag attached to it (in the form of grandmaster marks, memories of battle, etc). WvW players earn the tickets so much faster than we earn gold in wvw, so the tickets will just continue to grow.

>

> To solve this I think the devs should increase the amount of memories of battle we get from playing wvw. Then we can spend the tickets without having the huge gold cost that come with memories of battle (20g for a stack right now)

Somehow, you're equating "associated requirements" with cost of the skirmish tickets and apparently you can't see that it's not related to the value people attach to the tickets. It's equivalent to saying charged lodestones aren't valuable, because there's no way to use a lodestone without acquiring other items first.

> On reddit you have better luck

If you look again, you'll see the the OP of this thread and the OP of the reddit thread you linked are the same person.

(And, as I said above, the OP's reddit post presented the argument more clearly, although I still disagree that most people only attach a crafting value to skirmish tickets.)

> > @"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:

> > I mentioned this months ago [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45529/skirmish-claim-tickets-irrelevant-currency-for-main-wvwers](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45529/skirmish-claim-tickets-irrelevant-currency-for-main-wvwers "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/45529/skirmish-claim-tickets-irrelevant-currency-for-main-wvwers") but people on these forums don't quite understand how math works

> There's no actual math in your post. More importantly, there's no mention of value.

>

> The entirety of your original post was:

> > I'm just wondering if anyone else is at the point where skirmish claim tickets are irrelevant.

> >

> > Everything from the ticket vendor has a price tag attached to it (in the form of grandmaster marks, memories of battle, etc). WvW players earn the tickets so much faster than we earn gold in wvw, so the tickets will just continue to grow.

> >

> > To solve this I think the devs should increase the amount of memories of battle we get from playing wvw. Then we can spend the tickets without having the huge gold cost that come with memories of battle (20g for a stack right now)

> Somehow, you're equating "associated requirements" with cost of the skirmish tickets and apparently you can't see that it's not related to the value people attach to the tickets. It's equivalent to saying charged lodestones aren't valuable, because there's no way to use a lodestone without acquiring other items first.

>

>

> > On reddit you have better luck

> If you look again, you'll see the the OP of this thread and the OP of the reddit thread you linked are the same person.

> (And, as I said above, the OP's reddit post presented the argument more clearly, although I still disagree that most people only attach a crafting value to skirmish tickets.)

>

Well I didn't create a spreadsheet, but it's the same concept. I think the word "irrelevant" can equate to "without value" but who honestly cares? I'm not gonna argue semantics with you lol.

The fact of the matter is that using tickets to buy ascended armor does not discount the price, it's just an extra currency you need to acquire in addition to the same gold price you would need to craft said armor. If you can't accept/understand that, there's no point in this argument.

And yes, I quickly realized OP created that reddit thread. Why does that need to be pointed out?

> @"Elementalist Owner.7802" said:

> Well I didn't create a spreadsheet, but it's the same concept. I think the word "irrelevant" can equate to "without value" but who honestly cares? I'm not gonna argue semantics with you lol.

Your entire argument is semantic: other people have explained, clearly, why the tickets have value for them; you say that it can't have value for them.

> The fact of the matter is that using tickets to buy ascended armor does not discount the price, it's just an extra currency you need to acquire in addition to the same gold price you would need to craft said armor. If you can't accept/understand that, there's no point in this argument.

I already agreed above (twice) that if one is only interested in ascended gear than using skirmish tickets is inefficient. But that is irrelevant to people who want the _skins_; the skirmish tickets provide access to them. Why is that hard to understand?

> And yes, I quickly realized OP created that reddit thread. Why does that need to be pointed out?

You posted as if the reddit thread hadn't already been linked and as if the math hadn't already been presented in this thread.

I think the OP (and yourself) would gain more support if y'all changed the phrasing (and tenor) of the comments to a request, instead of a rant.

> It seems uneven that raiders can use their time-gated currency to buy discount ascended gear with standard skins, but wvwarriors don't have that opportunity.

That doesn't depend on subjective views about value or worth, nor even about "fairness" between rewards for "challenging group content" versus "group content;" it just points out that one part of the rewards isn't comparable.

>

> I dislike that ANet decided that they didn't want to make available non-crafting solutions for gearing up for those that hate crafting. I think any game, and especially GW2, is always going to have a substantial minority who can't stand sitting in front of a crafting station (even if it's as painless as it is in GW2). And i think it would be fair & fine to offer an alternative to crafting that is modestly more expensive and slower. But for whatever reason, that's not how they've set things up for skirmish tickets.

>

I also dislike crafting. A lot.

On the plus side, usually have a fair amount of gold in a pinch just by selling off my unused bank materials.