What is the most tacical class

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Warrior.

> Want something done, get a warrior.

> Want it done right, play a warrior.

>

> Warrior is like the duct tape of this game

Warrior is the exact opposite of OP's definition of tactical. Warrior requires almost zero moment-to-moment decision making, which is why it is the most new-player friendly profession in all modes.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > Warrior.

> > Want something done, get a warrior.

> > Want it done right, play a warrior.

> >

> > Warrior is like the duct tape of this game

>

> Warrior is the exact opposite of OP's definition of tactical. Warrior requires almost zero moment-to-moment decision making, which is why it is the most new-player friendly profession in all modes.

as a warrior you're constantly moving, (if you stand still, you're being a target, not a warrior)

you have to time your CC with the enemies attacks, and your dodges inbetween.

all in all, the warrior has some of the most fluent, action-based combat of all classes.

I believe Engi is the class you are looking for; it has a significant number of options to do things, it has the most access to respond to almost any situation you encounter.

I was going to say Ele, but based on the black or white nature of elements, I don't think it has the flexibility to be as 'tactical' as an Engi does. Revenant might be good too, again, less choices and less flexible than Engi.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > Warrior.

> > > Want something done, get a warrior.

> > > Want it done right, play a warrior.

> > >

> > > Warrior is like the duct tape of this game

> >

> > Warrior is the exact opposite of OP's definition of tactical. Warrior requires almost zero moment-to-moment decision making, which is why it is the most new-player friendly profession in all modes.

>

> as a warrior you're constantly moving, (if you stand still, you're being a target, not a warrior)

> you have to time your CC with the enemies attacks, and your dodges inbetween.

> all in all, the warrior has some of the most fluent, action-based combat of all classes.

That doesn't make it 'tactical' though.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > Warrior.

> > >

> >

> > Warrior is the exact opposite of OP's definition of tactical. Warrior requires almost zero moment-to-moment decision making, which is why it is the most new-player friendly profession in all modes.

>

> as a warrior you're constantly moving, (if you stand still, you're being a target, not a warrior)

> all in all, the warrior has some of the most fluent, action-based combat of all classes.

Warrior doesn't time it's CC with enemy attacks, not in competitive modes. It uses CC on cooldown to try to set up it's own damage. It is the easiest profession to learn and "master" with by far the lowest skill floor and ceiling. I'm not saying that it's not fun to play, it's definitely fun to not have to worry about awareness and reaction for a while. But if you want a profession that *requires* thought the you'll have to play something like Ele/Weaver, Thief/Daredevil. Those professions are only effective if played with awareness and strategic proactive nature along with quick reaction to respond to incoming threats. If they mess up once, bam, over half their health bar is gone.

The difference between a bad Ele/Thief and a good Ele/Thief is astronomical. The difference between a bad Warrior and a good Warrior is negligible.

That's not really a question anyone can answer for you. You're the one making decisions and considering what is decision vs automation. Most people don't even think about decisions and choices mid-stream, and therefore would be unable to parse that data.

It seems what you're asking about is complexity. Angular complexity, in this specific case, refers to the number of viable moves at any given moment. Its counterpart is linear complexity, the number of choices in context to each other (different combo chains, rotations, etc.). It is important to note that, in most cases, available complexity is dependent more on specific build than profession. However,

If you're looking for maximum overall complexity, I recommend an Elementalist-Weaver, usually wielding Daggers or Dagger/Focus, or most Mesmer builds.

If you're looking for maximum angular complexity, I recommend a kit-based Engineer, any other Elementalist, or a Thief-Daredevil.

If you're looking for maximum linear complexity, I recommend a Revenant, Ranger, or Thief-Deadeye.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > Warrior.

> > >

> >

>

IMO that can be said of any profession. All have to move constantly, all need to time their skills, all need to dodge attacks. Maybe Mirage can be consider different since they don't really dodge, or Scourge since they have so much AoE...

I'm not an expert, but after thinking about this, those profession that interrupt skills a lot, they can't be played with a predefined pattern. If I'm right, that could affect specially the Spellbreaker, (Which IS a warrior, indeed). Maybe that can be considered "tactical", or at least compare with the level of "living right now" that Engie reaches.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > > > Warrior.

> > > > Want something done, get a warrior.

> > > > Want it done right, play a warrior.

> > > >

> > > > Warrior is like the duct tape of this game

> > >

> > > Warrior is the exact opposite of OP's definition of tactical. Warrior requires almost zero moment-to-moment decision making, which is why it is the most new-player friendly profession in all modes.

> >

> > as a warrior you're constantly moving, (if you stand still, you're being a target, not a warrior)

> > you have to time your CC with the enemies attacks, and your dodges inbetween.

> > all in all, the warrior has some of the most fluent, action-based combat of all classes.

>

> I don’t time my CC with enemy attacks, not in competitive modes. It uses CC on cooldown to try to set up it's own damage. It is the easiest profession to learn and "master" with by far the lowest skill floor and ceiling. I'm not saying that it's not fun to play, it's definitely fun to not have to worry about awareness and reaction for a while. But if you want a profession that *requires* thought the you'll have to play something like Ele/Weaver, Thief/Daredevil. Those professions are only effective if played with awareness and strategic proactive nature along with quick reaction to respond to incoming threats. If they mess up once, bam, over half their health bar is gone.

>

> The difference between a bad Ele/Thief and a good Ele/Thief is astronomical. The difference between when I play good or bad is neglible.

I fixed your comment, you were confused about your behavior being the baseline for all warriors

None of them are anything close to what I would consider "tactical." GW2 is too much of an action game. You design your build, and you react to the immediate situation based on the strengths and weaknesses of that build. Whatever tactical components GW2 does have take place before combat starts. Where to engage, how far away are your allies, assessing the enemy and their reinforcements before choosing to engage, etc. All of those things apply equally to every class though. Once you're in combat, it's basically just a twitch game.

In my opinion, Thief is the most tactical class, and it's mostly because of their unique resource for primary skill use, initiative.

Unlike other classes, Thieves aren't bound to typical skill rotations based on skill cooldowns. Instead, they have a resource management system that encourages more critical thinking with regards to which skill to activate and when. This allows them to adjust on the fly, but also punishes them for reckless spamming. While I do agree that a lot of other classes have great versatility (like ele, etc), the existence of cooldowns does limit your ability to make on the spot decisions when circumstances change (you can't suddenly decide to use that 30 second cooldown skill again if you just cast it 10 seconds ago), and most play styles inevitably get funneled towards the most efficient skill rotations based around the cooldowns of each needed skill in that rotation. While thieves also have rotations for maximum damage efficiency in a PvE setting, I feel they are able to break out of that mold more easily or adjust more flexibly when needed because of the lack of cooldowns on weapon skills (e.g. need to remove the enemy's break bar fast because your party lacks CC? Just spam the same CC weapon skill multiple times, etc).

When you also factor in thief's squishiness and it's reliance on positioning for both survival and damage, as well as its use of stealth and tricks/traps, I think that overall, it is a class that encompasses the theme of tactical play you're hinting at quite holistically.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> I purposely edited your quoted response to sound edgy, because I can't actually refute what you were saying...

I fixed your comment, you seemed to have forgot your argument.

There's no need to be so defensive. It's common knowledge that Warrior is the easiest to play profession. You must not play much competitive modes if you think that stuns on Warrior are used to *actively* interrupt specific enemy player abilities. Go watch *literally any warrior play high tier sPvP or WvW Roaming.* You will not find a Full Counter, Shield Bash, or Bull's Charge used to actively interrupt someone on purpose. Shield Bash and Bull's charge are gap closers that have a long activation time. **Activation times that are longer than it takes for an enemy to finish casting a skill already in progress...** Full Counter is used as a defense, not an *active* interrupt, as it requires the skill being cast to **finish being casted before Full Counter even activates**.

Oh no, facts!