Anual Ritual repeatable Achievenment (halloween) for 1,000 ap 20 years to complete?

> @"Boysenberry.1869" said:

> The 1000 AP is very simple. Anet wants an achievement that gives 50 AP every year. They set the cap to 1000 to ensure people will be able to get this achievement every year for the foreseeable duration of GW2's existence. It is not meant to be "completed".

Exactly, it is just future proofing and meaning they never have to revisit it. Fairly standard stuff

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > They should just remove the cap. 20 years is so far in the future that this cap is literally just there to make people angry

> > >

> > > Why would it make anybody angry? That's the worst reason humanly imaginable. "Omg, if I did this every year for two decades I'd still get something for it"

> > >

> > > ????

> >

> > Because seeing the cap of 1000 builds up expectations. There is no reason to be a cap if it is so high. If someone gets 1000 AP in 20 years or 1050AP in 21 years, what is the difference? Why should it be cut off at that point? Not that I believe anyone will still play this game in 20 years from now, but still.

>

> Would you feel the same if it were 10,000 instead?

>

>

I mean Anet has the ability to make uncapped repeatable achievements. This was the norm when the game was released and they only got capped at a later time. So I do not see how a cap on this serves anyone

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > They should just remove the cap. 20 years is so far in the future that this cap is literally just there to make people angry

> > > >

> > > > Why would it make anybody angry? That's the worst reason humanly imaginable. "Omg, if I did this every year for two decades I'd still get something for it"

> > > >

> > > > ????

> > >

> > > Because seeing the cap of 1000 builds up expectations. There is no reason to be a cap if it is so high. If someone gets 1000 AP in 20 years or 1050AP in 21 years, what is the difference? Why should it be cut off at that point? Not that I believe anyone will still play this game in 20 years from now, but still.

> >

> > Would you feel the same if it were 10,000 instead?

> >

> >

>

> I mean Anet has the ability to make uncapped repeatable achievements. This was the norm when the game was released and they only got capped at a later time. So I do not see how a cap on this serves anyone

My guess is that the holiday achievements needed to be manually recreated each year and they got sick of doing that so that is why they redesigned them into a repeatable one and then just stuck a limit that was high enough that they didn't need to worry about it.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > > They should just remove the cap. 20 years is so far in the future that this cap is literally just there to make people angry

> > > >

> > > > Why would it make anybody angry? That's the worst reason humanly imaginable. "Omg, if I did this every year for two decades I'd still get something for it"

> > > >

> > > > ????

> > >

> > > Because seeing the cap of 1000 builds up expectations. There is no reason to be a cap if it is so high. If someone gets 1000 AP in 20 years or 1050AP in 21 years, what is the difference? Why should it be cut off at that point? Not that I believe anyone will still play this game in 20 years from now, but still.

> >

> > Would you feel the same if it were 10,000 instead?

> >

> >

>

> I mean Anet has the ability to make uncapped repeatable achievements. This was the norm when the game was released and they only got capped at a later time. So I do not see how a cap on this serves anyone

Or they changed the back-end for achievements and now all repeatable ones require a cap. There’s no ∞ symbol that would probably work so they just put the cap at a high enough number to not have to worry about it for a long time (or until they re-do everything again).

> @"Trinnitty.8256" said:

> Am I reading that right, 20 years to complete? Lol anet is confident gw2 is going to be in production that long. I like their optimism. :D

I think you're reading too much into it. Annual achievements have been adjusted slightly every year since 2012, so whatever it says this year hardly matters. If anything, "20 years" could be just a placeholder since the display can't easily register "infinite."