So about the Labyrinthine Horror....

> @"Schierke.5217" said:

> why is it nicknamed Steve?

He's an actual player named Steve who was sucked into the game in the first Halloween because Anet forgot to enable the safety interlocks on the holodeck during the event. As the food in the game doesn't have any nutritional value (being only empty stats and upgrades) he wasted away until he was nothing but bone. Since death isn't permanent he keeps respawning and getting angrier as his continued torturous existence drives him insane. Somewhere along the way, he found a chainsaw and has been attacking other players ever since, jealous that they have the option to leave the game in which he is stuck forever... forever.. ever... r....

> @"Batel.9206" said:

> Do you dare question Steve the Chainsaw Overlord!? HMMM!?!?! :angry:

>

> (Because it's a funny nickname and it sort of stuck. Just like the deep-sea dragon is also named Steve. Or Bubbles. Or Selbbub. :tongue: )

I absolutely do my guy

(Ahhh gotcha, lol I thought there was some 'deep' meaning to it.)

> @"Magek.4718" said:

> Because this fanbase names everything Steve.

>

> And I mean everything.

Lab? Steve.

Bubbles? Steve.

Stavemaster? Steve.

Logan? Steve.

Sylvari leader? The Pale Steve.

Since the glorious leader of Vabbi died, we don't know who to praise, so now /map is full of Praise Steve! and we don't even know why anymore.

> @"Zoltar MacRoth.7146" said:

> He's an actual player named Steve who was sucked into the game in the first Halloween because Anet forgot to enable the safety interlocks on the holodeck during the event. As the food in the game doesn't have any nutritional value (being only empty stats and upgrades) he wasted away until he was nothing but bone. Since death isn't permanent he keeps respawning and getting angrier as his continued torturous existence drives him insane. Somewhere along the way, he found a chainsaw and has been attacking other players ever since, jealous that they have the option to leave the game in which he is stuck forever... forever.. ever... r....

That has to be the worst case of Hangry I have ever heard...not even a Snickers can solve that mess...:)

The name Steve is about 5 years old. The son of a guild mate of mine started calling him Steve, The viscount was Frank, the lich was Dave as he called them. We were members of a large farming guild and he started calling them out on TS during lab runs. Although Dave and Frank have been forgotten, The name Steve has stuck around ever since. I was actually talkng to this same young man the other night about this and he can't believe that the name stuck around this long.

> @"milanius.9261" said:

> It would be great if ANET renamed him to Steve The Labyrinth Horor =)

Would be great if upon entering Lab everyone name would change to 'Steve'.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"milanius.9261" said:

> > It would be great if ANET renamed him to Steve The Labyrinth Horor =)

>

> Of if next year ANET released a chain-Axe weapon and called it "Steve"

Next legendary GS name is confirmed , it's 'Steve'