My concern with Alliances

Swagger.1459

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> well, it is good to have an idea of what it ought to be if ppl can agree on that. but be warned if the final product be entirely different

>

> dont be too attached or expect to much.

>

> my experience with anet is nega. they close my threads for asking players not to blob, and suspend me for it. =p

>

> back now though. the experience taught me no longer to buy or promote their product to my gaming community

Same same. I tell people is a pve game with a strong carebear censorship.

> @"Odokuro.5049" said:

> How about not forming alliances with people/guilds that don't match up with your timezone?

>

> How to do this?

> 1. Join/Create a guild that recruits solely people who are actively playing during your timezone.

> 2. Form alliances with guilds who uphold your ideals about maintaining an active say EST Timezone, who actively field players during, "Primetime."

> 3. Put forth simplistic activity rules that persons who wish to be in said guild/alliance adhere to, and cull the ones who don't.

> 4. Create guild activities say, "Guild/Alliance only raids", "Self and Squad synergy training," and hold duels in the GH for those who wish to, "Rank up." within the guild, mandatory.

> 5. Make being on and participating in voice comms (Discord/Teamspeak.) a MUST, even if they don't like to talk, they can still listen.

> 6. Offer intensives for being part of the guild/alliance such as, gold raffles, skin giveaways, and award mvp status to those who presented the best use of their build, communication, and ofcoarse slaughtering red named players. (MVP would be a week long "Rank", in the guild, and that person would be given 100G and useful items to use in WvW.)

>

> The above may be seen as harsh or "Elitist" but lets not forgot, WvW is all about seeing who swings the bigger weapon.

I am sure it was mention numerous times before. Do you know exactly how big are sea or ocx? I can tell you that it if there is a pure sea or ocx alliance, that alliance alone will steamroll all other servers in their timezone. That just how big sea or ocx are, in other words, while there are enough of them go around but if they stack, no one can deal with it. In fact, it is already happening now, most servers can't deal with the current stacks of sea / ocx.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > Honestly, I think the greater issue is that there won't be any 500 person alliances formed to begin with.....

>

> The RP alliance can't even muster 100! QQ

>

> D:

:( No Dolyak Parade.

But in all seriousness, worrying about 1000v 1000 v 1000 being balanced about.... if we had that issue to begin with, it'd be a good thing tbh. And the longer they wait, the worse it will become.

500 is plenty big for an alliance, probably too big in fact. Remember that it only counts players that actually check the box as a WvW player for that guild/alliance, and that guilds are not going to allow inactive players to stay on the active roster taking up alliance slots (at least serious WvW guilds/alliances won't). 500 active people is 10 fifty person guilds (or 20 twenty-five person) -- that is a lot of people/guilds and alliances are perfectly capable of recruiting off hours guilds if they wish to.