Mount Adoption License question

slpr.2647

I finally got my Griffon. went to look thru the mount skins. found one I like. Its the Highlands Harrier acquired through the mount adoption license from the black lion trading company.

Wiki says that that is Unavailable. So, how do we get these skins? I even checked the possible drops from BL chests, not in there either.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"slpr.2647" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > They return to the store eventually, you'll have to wait.

> >

> > But it isnt listed as one of the "limited time sales" skins. its part of the original adoption set

>

> everything rotates in the gem store.

best i can find out is that they were removed 6 months ago. that seems like a pretty long time to keep something as basic as the original set of mount skins unavailable.

> @"slpr.2647" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"slpr.2647" said:

> > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > They return to the store eventually, you'll have to wait.

> > >

> > > But it isnt listed as one of the "limited time sales" skins. its part of the original adoption set

> >

> > everything rotates in the gem store.

>

> best i can find out is that they were removed 6 months ago. that seems like a pretty long time to keep something as basic as the original set of mount skins unavailable.

Well when you see them in the store in another 6 months you will either be got to get em now before they vanish again or meeh already got something better.

Anet are ofcourse hopeing for the former.

> @"slpr.2647" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"slpr.2647" said:

> > > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > > They return to the store eventually, you'll have to wait.

> > >

> > > But it isnt listed as one of the "limited time sales" skins. its part of the original adoption set

> >

> > everything rotates in the gem store.

>

> best i can find out is that they were removed 6 months ago. that seems like a pretty long time to keep something as basic as the original set of mount skins unavailable.

They were last in the Gem Store (on discount) beginning Aug. 31st through Sept. 6th.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/665721/#Comment_665721

So, less than 2 months ago.

Bear in mind the original mount adoption licences are purely RNG - there is no way to choose which skin you get. So if you only want that one and you're unlucky you could end up having to buy 30 licences to get it. The "benefit" is that you will never get a duplicate skin, so every licence will get you a new one, but it may be one you don't like and will never use.

So if you've got skins for the other mounts you're happy with and you only want 1 griffon skin you might want to pick a similar one from the Istani or Desert Racer sets where you can choose the skin you get. The Tufted Nighteye is probably the most similar, or the Istani Bald (which looks quite plain but can be dyed nicely) or if you particularly want stripes the Sky Bandit.