Runes and Sigils rework at 11/13

breno.5423

I don't mind the changes. I'm not sure why most people fail to see why the 3 second 100% crit is better than next 3 attacks. Unnecessary sure but still a welcome change.

It's good for both sides, cc or evade (with invul. stealth etc.) the attacker at the right time and you completely negate their burst (not THAT much different from before) while the attacker in turn has more options too.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"breno.5423" said:

> > @"MikeL.8260" said:

> > I'm not sure why most people fail to see why the 3 second 100% crit is better than next 3 attacks.

>

> Because some builds cast much more than 3 skills in 3 seconds, i gave some examples (idk why i have to explain such obvious fact).

Right? And it's not like 3s invulns/block are on a 10s CD

sigil of vision is not going to be good lol. as soon as you see that sigil buff pop up guess what? dodge. now their build is useless because theyre using Valkyrie or cavalier amulet.

quickness sigil is gonna be stronk. maybe some of the rune reworks will be stronk but I cant imagine most of them will be close to viable considering how bad most of them are.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> sigil of vision is not going to be good lol. as soon as you see that sigil buff pop up guess what? dodge. now their build is useless because theyre using Valkyrie or cavalier amulet.

> quickness sigil is gonna be stronk. maybe some of the rune reworks will be stronk but I cant imagine most of them will be close to viable considering how bad most of them are.

Vision is going to be strong as hell. Not sure what it's going to compete with because we haven't seen the full list, but classes like Holo (that currently use intelligence) will have that 3 second window up frequently (holo mode on/off - guessing 9 second CD)

> @"Cal Cohen.3527" said:

> If you do the math on the Scholar change you'll see that 125 ferocity is about a 3-4% damage increase depending on amulet choice and additional crit chance. Given that the 6 bonus loses 5%>90% the overall damage ends up being pretty similar. You get a bit more damage while under 90% at the cost of damage over 90%, which is probably a positive most of the time but isn't an increase to 1-shot potential.

Alright, perhaps math was never my strong suit, but from where I'm sitting the Scholar rune change looks like a direct buff.

I know the context of Cal's message was in reference to a pvp environment, where you can't guarantee 100% critical chance, but in a raid environment, you can.

125 extra ferocity (15 points of ferocity equals 1% more Crit hit damage) translates to 8.33% increase to your critical hit damage, multiplied by 100% critical hit chance (aka, 1) is 8.33%. Doesn't this mean that the rune set causes you to deal 8.33% higher dps? This more than makes up for the lost 5% over 90% HP. Assuming you stay over 90% in a raid, wont you be doing MORE dps with new scholar than with old?

> @"Shadowshear.2095" said:

> Alright, perhaps math was never my strong suit, but from where I'm sitting the Scholar rune change looks like a direct buff.

>

> I know the context of Cal's message was in reference to a pvp environment, where you can't guarantee 100% critical chance, but in a raid environment, you can.

>

> 125 extra ferocity (15 points of ferocity equals 1% more Crit hit damage) translates to 8.33% increase to your critical hit damage, multiplied by 100% critical hit chance (aka, 1) is 8.33%. Doesn't this mean that the rune set causes you to deal 8.33% higher dps? This more than makes up for the lost 5% over 90% HP. Assuming you stay over 90% in a raid, wont you be doing MORE dps with new scholar than with old?

No, because that's not the whole picture.

Assuming that you're a Deadeye with:

- Ascended Berserker Equipment

- 6 Superior Runes of the Scholar

- Ability: "Signet of Agility"

- Trait: "Practiced Tolerance (10% Precision is converted to Ferocity)" and "No Quarter (+250 Ferocity with Fury)"

This results in:

- 1524 Ferocity (251.60% on Critical Strike) before the change

- 1649 Ferocity (259.93% on Critical Strike) after the change

This is the "8.33%" which was mentioned.

However, assuming that each Attack does "100 Damage", which on Critical Strike is "251.60 Damage" before and "259.93" Damage after.

251.60 Damage × (1 + 10%) = 276.76 Damage

259.93 Damage × (1 + 5%) = 272.93 Damage

As you can see, it is a 3.83% decrease (3.83 less for every 100 dealt) in overall damage.

I would agree that it is a good change in terms of stability due to the fact that players are more likely to fight with their faces instead of actual weapons.

However, the fact that it is actually a nerf in the most optimal situation should not be ignored.

> @"Nodius Caelestis.3892" said:

> This is the "8.33%" which was mentioned.

>

> However, assuming that each Attack does "100 Damage", which on Critical Strike is "251.60 Damage" before and "259.93" Damage after.

>

> 251.60 Damage × (1 + 10%) = 276.76 Damage

> 259.93 Damage × (1 + 5%) = 272.93 Damage

>

> As you can see, it is a 3.83% decrease (3.83 less for every 100 dealt) in overall damage.

Thank you! That makes total sense now.

just want to give in my 2 cents to rune changes:

overall good changes but there are 2 exeptions which stand out:

-rune of mirage: the torment on dodge needs an icd or we will see even more permandodge mirages and even thiefs abusing the additional condi application while permaevading

-rune of sanctuary: under focus this rune increases healing applied to you by 20%, which is to strong already. on top there are exploits like when being ressed the rune applies enourmous amounts of barrier and another one is with scrourge vampiric heals and abrasive grit.. I dont think this can be balanced so I suggest a redesign here!

the other runes seem ok ish to me. I also want to point out that the only class who really benefits from the new "op" rune of speed is necromancer (and to a lesser extend pewpew ranger and revenant). all other classes have acces to multiple teleports/leaps or superspeed to engange and disengage so the actual speed buff wont really affect the total distance travelled too much. on top the rune gives vitality which is not really a desired stat for rune id say since u can get that easily otherwise. if the total swiftness buff with rune shoud be 99% (speedfactor 1.5) or 66% (spfactor 1.25) is debatable.. in pvp 66% is definitely the way to go

> @"Draakfire.3691" said:

> I understand that very few people use Rune of Rata Sum, but I am one of them and the rework makes 0 sense. It is completely unnecessary and absolutely absurd! Why would you add might stack to a condi rune that had 0 issues and few complaints to begin with! It needs to be put back to how it was.

I don't use the rune either, but seeing a 180 on its primary function got a frown out of me while I was reading through the list of rune changes

Superior Rune of the Daredevil it's a "little" broke.

(6): Next attack is guaranteed to crit after completing a dodge roll while in combat.

Instead ingame do 3 sec of inifinite crits not only one.

Pls fix it

update: Daredevil runes proc off any mirage cloak whether you dodge or not

Superior Rune of the Evasion need an andjustament with the interaction of weaver elite spec.

(6): +125 ferocity ; gain Swiftness for 6 seconds after evading an attack.

No Internal cd activates a sequence of trait cause a permanent immunity to all condition with water/weaver trait lines.

> @"august.8016" said:

> Superior Rune of the Evasion need an andjustament with the interaction of weaver elite spec.

> (6): +125 ferocity ; gain Swiftness for 6 seconds after evading an attack.

> No Internal cd activates a sequence of trait cause a permanent immunity to all condition with water/weaver trait lines.

2 GM traits, and dps of a dead oyster. Just do as usual: power burst and spike damage.

> @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > @"august.8016" said:

> > Superior Rune of the Evasion need an andjustament with the interaction of weaver elite spec.

> > (6): +125 ferocity ; gain Swiftness for 6 seconds after evading an attack.

> > No Internal cd activates a sequence of trait cause a permanent immunity to all condition with water/weaver trait lines.

>

> 2 GM traits, and dps of a dead oyster. Just do as usual: power burst and spike damage.

How about a 5s icd on weaver traits, you know the same as was done to scourge.

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > @"august.8016" said:

> > > Superior Rune of the Evasion need an andjustament with the interaction of weaver elite spec.

> > > (6): +125 ferocity ; gain Swiftness for 6 seconds after evading an attack.

> > > No Internal cd activates a sequence of trait cause a permanent immunity to all condition with water/weaver trait lines.

> >

> > 2 GM traits, and dps of a dead oyster. Just do as usual: power burst and spike damage.

>

> How about a 5s icd on weaver traits, you know the same as was done to scourge.

Woven stride already has 3s icd. Albeit for swiftness proc on impeding conditions. That would make it the only trait with 2 different icd, for the weakest prof.

> @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > > @"august.8016" said:

> > > > Superior Rune of the Evasion need an andjustament with the interaction of weaver elite spec.

> > > > (6): +125 ferocity ; gain Swiftness for 6 seconds after evading an attack.

> > > > No Internal cd activates a sequence of trait cause a permanent immunity to all condition with water/weaver trait lines.

> > >

> > > 2 GM traits, and dps of a dead oyster. Just do as usual: power burst and spike damage.

> >

> > How about a 5s icd on weaver traits, you know the same as was done to scourge.

>

> Woven stride already has 3s icd. Albeit for swiftness proc on impeding conditions. That would make it the only trait with 2 different icd, for the weakest prof.

You're right, a 5s cd on the water trait that cleanses conditions on granting regeneration is more appropriate here

I'm growing tired of the players (and devs) who keep suggesting (and implemented) these new ICDs on previously fine traits. Doing this as responses to new Runes...

It wasn't the right decision to massively nerf Abrasive Grit in order for reasonable level of performance IF Sanct runes were taken. It's still not the right choice to nerf Woven Stride or Cleansing Water into obscurity unless the mandatory Evasion runes are present.

Ideally the classes and traitlines should be widely functional with many rune options.. Not balanced around having a single set of Runes.

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > > @"MyPuppy.8970" said:

> > > > > @"august.8016" said:

> > > > > Superior Rune of the Evasion need an andjustament with the interaction of weaver elite spec.

> > > > > (6): +125 ferocity ; gain Swiftness for 6 seconds after evading an attack.

> > > > > No Internal cd activates a sequence of trait cause a permanent immunity to all condition with water/weaver trait lines.

> > > >

> > > > 2 GM traits, and dps of a dead oyster. Just do as usual: power burst and spike damage.

> > >

> > > How about a 5s icd on weaver traits, you know the same as was done to scourge.

> >

> > Woven stride already has 3s icd. Albeit for swiftness proc on impeding conditions. That would make it the only trait with 2 different icd, for the weakest prof.

>

> You're right, a 5s cd on the water trait that cleanses conditions on granting regeneration is more appropriate here

It would be, but it won't happen.