What If Scenario: Next Elite Spec has Greatsword and it's awesome, but the legend sucks. And vice vs

Knighthonor.4061

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > Besides we'd need stealth mechanics to make it actually work properly, making revenant look like some cheap copy of mesmer/thief.

>

> If they were going to give Revenants stealth access, it definitely would have been along side Renegade... Not only does it fit thematically, but the ENTIRE spec plays like it's supposed to have stealth, but then the dev's took it away at the last second when they realized that adding yet ANOTHER stealth-cheese class to the game would have been a terrible idea.

>

> But like, everything about Renegade and Shortbow in PvP/WvW would just make so much more sense if there was a f-key stealth ability or a trait that caused stealth on Warband summons or whatever.

>

Doesn't mean that it couldn't thematical fit another Legend. The great thing about Revenant Legends is the fact that anything can be thematic, as all they have to do is find someone in GW lore who carries the traits they want to assign and make use of them as a Legend. I think of all the professions in the game the Revenant is the easiest one to justify any kind of mechanic they want to give them.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > > Besides we'd need stealth mechanics to make it actually work properly, making revenant look like some cheap copy of mesmer/thief.

> >

> > If they were going to give Revenants stealth access, it definitely would have been along side Renegade... Not only does it fit thematically, but the ENTIRE spec plays like it's supposed to have stealth, but then the dev's took it away at the last second when they realized that adding yet ANOTHER stealth-cheese class to the game would have been a terrible idea.

> >

> > But like, everything about Renegade and Shortbow in PvP/WvW would just make so much more sense if there was a f-key stealth ability or a trait that caused stealth on Warband summons or whatever.

> >

>

> Doesn't mean that it couldn't thematical fit another Legend. The great thing about Revenant Legends is the fact that anything can be thematic, as all they have to do is find someone in GW lore who carries the traits they want to assign and make use of them as a Legend. I think of all the professions in the game the Revenant is the easiest one to justify any kind of mechanic they want to give them.

Yeah, could be cool with a Norn legend who channels Snow Leopard for stealth. Not a stretch by any means. I would really love a Norn-themed legend regardless.

Well, what Rev could use in the next E-Spec id something similar to Soulbeast or Spellbreaker. I mean - make a legend with 2 weapons/Main-hand Axe (SB) (all will make sense) and give Revenant options to mix them with other weapons.

But for real, I see Rev getting some Off-hand offensive weapon. Warhorn, Dagger, Focus or event Scepter. A weapon that gives us more options based on legends. A bit of Ele on Rev. Just a bit.

> @"Dace.8173" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > > Besides we'd need stealth mechanics to make it actually work properly, making revenant look like some cheap copy of mesmer/thief.

> >

> > If they were going to give Revenants stealth access, it definitely would have been along side Renegade... Not only does it fit thematically, but the ENTIRE spec plays like it's supposed to have stealth, but then the dev's took it away at the last second when they realized that adding yet ANOTHER stealth-cheese class to the game would have been a terrible idea.

> >

> > But like, everything about Renegade and Shortbow in PvP/WvW would just make so much more sense if there was a f-key stealth ability or a trait that caused stealth on Warband summons or whatever.

> >

>

> Doesn't mean that it couldn't thematical fit another Legend. The great thing about Revenant Legends is the fact that anything can be thematic, as all they have to do is find someone in GW lore who carries the traits they want to assign and make use of them as a Legend. I think of all the professions in the game the Revenant is the easiest one to justify any kind of mechanic they want to give them.

My point isn't that there couldn't be another legend with a stealth appropriate theme, it's that Renegade was so obviously supposed to have stealth (but doesn't) that it should be clear that the developers either don't want another stealth class in the game, or specifically don't want revenant to have stealth access.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Dace.8173" said:

> > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > > > Besides we'd need stealth mechanics to make it actually work properly, making revenant look like some cheap copy of mesmer/thief.

> > >

> > > If they were going to give Revenants stealth access, it definitely would have been along side Renegade... Not only does it fit thematically, but the ENTIRE spec plays like it's supposed to have stealth, but then the dev's took it away at the last second when they realized that adding yet ANOTHER stealth-cheese class to the game would have been a terrible idea.

> > >

> > > But like, everything about Renegade and Shortbow in PvP/WvW would just make so much more sense if there was a f-key stealth ability or a trait that caused stealth on Warband summons or whatever.

> > >

> >

> > Doesn't mean that it couldn't thematical fit another Legend. The great thing about Revenant Legends is the fact that anything can be thematic, as all they have to do is find someone in GW lore who carries the traits they want to assign and make use of them as a Legend. I think of all the professions in the game the Revenant is the easiest one to justify any kind of mechanic they want to give them.

>

> My point isn't that there couldn't be another legend with a stealth appropriate theme, it's that Renegade was so obviously supposed to have stealth (but doesn't) that it should be clear that the developers either don't want another stealth class in the game, or specifically don't want revenant to have stealth access.

Given how Renegade powers work I wouldn't take lack of stealth to indicate that they clearly don't want another stealth class in the game, after all, Deadeye came out in PoF and they amped stealth up for that. It is likely the case that since Kalla works as summoned AOE fields they decided not to give stealth to it. Otherwise, Renegade would be able to drop AOE's that gave everyone stealth. I can see them not wanting an Elite to be able to provide a bunch of team stealth AOE's all the time.

It simply may be the case that they would allow Revenant access to stealth as a personal ability that applies just to the Revenant and not other people.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > Besides we'd need stealth mechanics to make it actually work properly, making revenant look like some cheap copy of mesmer/thief.

>

> If they were going to give Revenants stealth access, it definitely would have been along side Renegade... Not only does it fit thematically, but the ENTIRE spec plays like it's supposed to have stealth, but then the dev's took it away at the last second when they realized that adding yet ANOTHER stealth-cheese class to the game would have been a terrible idea.

>

> But like, everything about Renegade and Shortbow in PvP/WvW would just make so much more sense if there was a f-key stealth ability or a trait that caused stealth on Warband summons or whatever.

>

On dodge perhaps? Oddly, I feel like giving renegade it's own unique dodge with stealth or shadow step would make it much more viable

Still I'd rather have excessive reveal mechanics on revenant rather than stealth in any form. Something to counter all the stealth cheese going around

I came to the conclusión that I don't care about the next spec. You can't replace sord+x/staff in PvP, so the new weapon will be irrelevant, and I doubt they could provide a better alternative to Glint utilities. All Rev healings are crap due the legend swap mechanic so even if they build the new spec to be tanky I don't believe that the double health split system would allow us to have a resilient build. So they won't provide a better dps roamer than Shiro/Glint, and they won't be able to make a better bunker or bruiser than a Spellbreaker, Druid or Holosmith. The only good thing is that they probably will nerf Renegade for PvE to sell the new spec (again buffed only for PvE), so we will be able to forget that Renegade even existed.