deleted in protest

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> You (and others) keep missing the point. The simple fact that, as a new player, you open the gem store and see you have to "pay" for transmutation charges might be alarming.

I don't see how that's different from just about any other game out there. Or the other things in this game. Playing is literally free, if you want. This game charges for expansions, optional (past) stories, convenience items, and changing your looks.

I don't think most people are going to be put off by being charged for features that don't directly affect game play.

> @"DeanBB.4268" said:

> Remember that a new account doesn't even get presented with Dailies for a while. I think you need a character to level 30ish before being offered 3 daily choices even. And while getting there, you are earning coppers and some silvers.

If they’re below level 11, they get three Daily with one from each game mode. At level 11, I highly doubt they’d have much use to transmute skins anyway.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > You (and others) keep missing the point. The simple fact that, as a new player, you open the gem store and see you have to "pay" for transmutation charges might be alarming.

> I don't see how that's different from just about any other game out there. Or the other things in this game. Playing is literally free, if you want. This game charges for expansions, optional (past) stories, convenience items, and changing your looks.

>

> I don't think most people are going to be put off by being charged for features that don't directly affect game play.

>

>

Add that clearly this is not an issue that Anet is worried over else they would have had a different method in place.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > You (and others) keep missing the point. The simple fact that, as a new player, you open the gem store and see you have to "pay" for transmutation charges might be alarming.

> I don't see how that's different from just about any other game out there. Or the other things in this game. Playing is literally free, if you want. This game charges for expansions, optional (past) stories, convenience items, and changing your looks.

>

> I don't think most people are going to be put off by being charged for features that don't directly affect game play.

>

>

In a game with no gear treadmill, advancing your cosmetic appearance is a big deal (I can only speak for myself, as can anyone here). Most games don't charge a premium currency for changing skins. Say what you like, but in my opinion, the transmutation charges on the gem store, for a new player, look bad (even if it is misleading, since transmutation charges aren't a big deal when you've played for a little while). I'm just saying it gives a bad initial impression - maybe not to you, but OP thinks so and so do I.

We were all new players once, many of us at launch. I don't remember there being a large outcry about the cost of Transmutation Stone/Crystals/Charges.

As for Dailies:

Accounts where the level of the highest character that ever existed is below level 11 will only see one achievement per category (said achievement scaled to that low level); accounts with a highest character between levels 11-30 will see three achievements per category. Accounts with a character 31 and above will see the full amount of four per category.

My preference would be that once you've spent a transmutation charge to apply any given unlocked item to your look, that specific item would no longer require a transmutation charge to re-apply. So essentially it would be that you'd need to unlock an item (same as now), and use a transmutation charge to apply it (same as now), but the difference would be that if you change your look and then later want to change back to something you had spent a charge on before, it would be 'free' to re-apply similar to how the zenith weapons work in the wardrobe.

> @"plushiesoda.8150" said:

> **wouldn't it be better if they removed them for idk gold? 1 gold per tranmutation instead of outdated charges that make no sense other than scare new players, in the actual state of the game?**

>

>

What that actually translates into is "wouldn't it be better if transmutation was reduced in price for me by making other people pay more?". Obviously it would be better for you but for other people not so much. Everyone is selfish so that is a perfectly fine attitude to have just don't expect people to agree.

___

With the typical exchange rate of 120g for 400 gems and the bulk price of 600 gems for 25 charges that comes out to 24 gems per charge or 7g20s charge. You are asking for a 86% discount to be paid for by other people.

> @"FricoRico.6893" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > @"plushiesoda.8150" said:

> > >why are they still a thing? They are easy to farm, we all know it, and I seriously doubt that Anet earns any money from selling them

> >

> > So why change it? You just said it's a non issue, why craft a solution looking for a problem?

> >

> >

>

> I'd say; Remove them from the shop and only let people get them in game (not for gold, just farming). I really really think many players who are already unsure of investing the time and money will be turned off by seeing such a feature locked behind a paywall; while it's actually not that hard to get

From the beginning the game the choices were either to spend time or money. "Neither" wasn't one of the choices.