Bring back Ricochet

Turk.5460

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > @"dDuff.3860" said:

> > Also make ricochet working with rifle projectiles.

> >

> > Bouncing DJs, mmmm

>

> as 0 malice shot doesnt hurt much and only 1 target is marked, i guess it would be fine.

> then they just need to make rending shade steal boons on every hit of a stealth attack for pistol sneak attack ;)

Trigger Chance: 50%

Maximum Additional Bounces: 3

Range Increase: 150

3 Bounces would be fine? Thats like 15K extra damage with pvp numbers, can't imagine what its like in WvW.... 25K? You could drop 2 berserker amulet whatevers in one attack, no it wouldn't be fine! So pls a-net implement this... I might just return to WvW to p4wn s0me n00bs!

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > @"MUDse.7623" said:

> > > @"dDuff.3860" said:

> > > Also make ricochet working with rifle projectiles.

> > >

> > > Bouncing DJs, mmmm

> >

> > as 0 malice shot doesnt hurt much and only 1 target is marked, i guess it would be fine.

> > then they just need to make rending shade steal boons on every hit of a stealth attack for pistol sneak attack ;)

>

> Trigger Chance: 50%

> Maximum Additional Bounces: 3

> Range Increase: 150

>

>

> 3 Bounces would be fine? Thats like 15K extra damage with pvp numbers, can't imagine what its like in WvW.... 25K? You could drop 2 berserker amulet whatevers in one attack, no it wouldn't be fine! So pls a-net implement this... I might just return to WvW to p4wn s0me n00bs!

3 bounces would be fine, if a target cannot get hit by the skill more than once. so in order for the bullet to bounce 3 times, it has to hit 4 unique targets. obviously if the same target can get hit by the skill multiple times that would be too strong, probably for all rifle skills.

for the deadeye specifically i would prefer over bouncing if they would be able to shoot their target within or behind a group of opponents without the bullet bothering with targets on the way with both rifle and pistols, but i am not sure if that is possible while its still a projectile. (meaning bullet can still be absorbed/reflected by effect areas but not bodyblocked as we aim precisely)

if we can actually focus our fire on our target within the group, we would still be pretty usefull in a large scale. another option would be piercing but that is too strong and because of that also limited to pass through only 5 targets on the skills that do have it.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> I just want to be able to see bullets bounce everywhere again, it certainly won't be more damage than a CoR or Necro Shades. It would be nice for Thieves to have an AoE option that isn't melee or as slow/ineffective as Shortbow.

And this is the point i step in. We cant get Ricochet cuz of this.

Let us imagine a DE equiping Ricochet. De takes rifle full Valkyrie gear approaches zerk from afar stealths kneels and starts autoattacking with rifle in a while he has full malice and he drops DJ with Ricochet trait on

Now let us take a moment to imagine that salt

*enjoys the Vial of Salt*

Yea it was nice

If you'd put Ricochet back it either wouldnt interact with DE spec or it would have to be very specific on which skills can be ''ricochetting'' or you are going to make the game even more unbalanced

Also dont forget about PVP

Atm Ricochet could cause some serious dmg

And we ran out of Flex tape last week

> @"Horan.7013" said:

> I agree. The current state of AoE spam, including AoE CC, ricochet will not be OP even if it comes back.

It wasn't even "OP" back then and I honestly don't see a single reason for its removal other than "a developer didn't like it" since they never gave any official explanation for its removal and the only people who ever complained about it were the ones that didn't like how the ricocheting bullets pulled some other mobs in which is hardly valid justification for the removal of the trait for multiple reasons.

> @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> Let us imagine a DE equiping Ricochet. **De takes rifle**

That doesn't even make any sense since ricochet was a pistol specific weapon trait.

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

>

> > > @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> > > Let us imagine a DE equiping Ricochet. **De takes rifle**

> > That doesn't even make any sense since ricochet was a pistol specific weapon trait.

>

> okay if you want it to be pistol based

> let him take 2 pistols and spam 3 with ricochet that would be equally stupid

I see, you haven't used a P/P based build for any of the PvP based modes in recent history otherwise you would have known just how nonsensical that statement is but in case you're wondering: you can't spam "3" thanks to how unsustainable that skill is in PvP and even if you could this would still be a deeply flawed comparison for multiple reasons.

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > I just want to be able to see bullets bounce everywhere again, it certainly won't be more damage than a CoR or Necro Shades. It would be nice for Thieves to have an AoE option that isn't melee or as slow/ineffective as Shortbow.

>

> And this is the point i step in. We cant get Ricochet cuz of this.

> Let us imagine a DE equiping Ricochet. De takes rifle full Valkyrie gear approaches zerk from afar stealths kneels and starts autoattacking with rifle in a while he has full malice and he drops DJ with Ricochet trait on

Ricochet was a trait for Pistols, not Rifle - I made no mention of adding in additional weapons that would benefit from this trait.

> okay if you want it to be pistol based

> let him take 2 pistols and spam 3 with ricochet that would be equally stupid

That wasn't the case before it was removed...