You ever wonder why this game is no non-transparent?

TheDevice.2751

Why doesn't the game reveal players rank before the start of the game or on the scoreboard?

You can be getting completely shafted every single game. Where's the transparency? Why can't we see who we're playing with. Every competitive pvp game online allows people to see their rank.. why not GW2?

I think its because of how unfair the games actually are. How abysmally outmatched you may be because of mismatched matchmaking. They do as little as possible to provide us with seeing who's playing in the game. People literally ask in chat "what rank are you". Nobody answers lol.

> @"BlackBeard.2873" said:

> OMG, we have a GOLD player on our team...afk!

I mean, if you're all plat, your enemies are all plat, and you have a G1 on your team.. you'd be wondering why that is right?

Again, every competitive pvp game has this already.... so its not like people are going afk when they see their team or are we just already assuming that GW2 matchmaking is so bad that people would literally freak out by what they will find out?

Why after six years is this still being hidden from players?

> @"BlackBeard.2873" said:

> OMG, we have a GOLD player on our team...afk!

Bingo.

ON THE TOPIC THO

I would love to see published usage data and win ratios on the leaderboard as well as seeing what class each person on the leaderboard primarily played. Stuff like this:

https://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/played

https://hsreplay.net/cards/

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"BlackBeard.2873" said:

> > OMG, we have a GOLD player on our team...afk!

>

> Bingo.

No. not bingo. _Again_ every competitive game already has this and there is no mass afking in those games because of somebody's rank. Why should GW2 want to hide it?

The _only_ reason would be that it would prove how bad the matchmaking actually is. Why else would they hide it?

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> BenP said it'd potentially cause more toxicity in games. Which frankly, I don't agree with at all.

>

> And if they're really concerned about increased toxicity across the board, then update the reporting feature where it seemingly does nothing today.

Reporting feature is actually working though it still seems like its wonky in terms of who gets banned and for what reasons. Match manipulation seems low priority while verbal abuse and/or bad language. Totally unacceptable lol

> @"jportell.2197" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > BenP said it'd potentially cause more toxicity in games. Which frankly, I don't agree with at all.

> >

> > And if they're really concerned about increased toxicity across the board, then update the reporting feature where it seemingly does nothing today.

>

> Reporting feature is actually working though it still seems like its wonky in terms of who gets banned and for what reasons. Match manipulation seems low priority while verbal abuse and/or bad language. Totally unacceptable lol

Im seeing ppl threat to rape families and children and that goes unnoticed , im not sure where they looking at . Matchmaking manipulation / wintrade is dishonor that doesnt cause you to lose access to account, you can play w/e but not competitive pvp. Good times

> @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > @"jportell.2197" said:

> > > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > > BenP said it'd potentially cause more toxicity in games. Which frankly, I don't agree with at all.

> > >

> > > And if they're really concerned about increased toxicity across the board, then update the reporting feature where it seemingly does nothing today.

> >

> > Reporting feature is actually working though it still seems like its wonky in terms of who gets banned and for what reasons. Match manipulation seems low priority while verbal abuse and/or bad language. Totally unacceptable lol

> Im seeing ppl threat to kitten families and children and that goes unnoticed , im not sure where they looking at . Matchmaking manipulation / wintrade is dishonor that doesnt cause you to lose access to account, you can play w/e but not competitive pvp. Good times

Yeah. The reporting/banning system feels wonky. Whatever. When I start playing again I'm just gonna keep chat turned off. Not like communicating with most players in the game amounts to anything

> @"jportell.2197" said:

> > @"phokus.8934" said:

> > BenP said it'd potentially cause more toxicity in games. Which frankly, I don't agree with at all.

> >

> > And if they're really concerned about increased toxicity across the board, then update the reporting feature where it seemingly does nothing today.

>

> Reporting feature is actually working though it still seems like its wonky in terms of who gets banned and for what reasons. Match manipulation seems low priority while verbal abuse and/or bad language. Totally unacceptable lol

If they were actually worried about toxicity they would remove cancer design builds that rage everyone.

100% guarantee showing rank would not INCREASE toxicity in GW2 pvp.. it's already more toxic than even WoW or some mobas.

(It's hard to say more toxic than LoL but that game is insanely popular)

They want their game to be inside a bubble. Hiding necessary information just so that there is no chances of toxicity is just a temporary workaround. Btw people get turned off more with going in pvp and getting destroyed by a class and thinking class is broken than going in pvp, getting rekt but seeing that they were all much higher ranks.

Toxicity in teams cannot be fixed. Because no matter if you know their rank or not you are playing the match with them and people will call out teammates not playing according to their standards. Its better to know the ranks so theres an explanation.

Afk after seeing rank is a scenario in which the afk person should face some sort of punishment. So a WORKING report button for griefing should be there. Csgo implemented a unique idea called overwatch that lets community watch the game demo of random players through game and give judgement if they were griefing or not and when majority of them are inclining towards a result then action is taken. Everyone anytime can open the game and do overwatch and get some exp while helping solve these huge number of cases reported through this system while playing competitive modes.

Names of all players in the demo is anonymous and there is no way to use it for personal vendetta since the action is taken after taking in decisions of a large number of people. The feedback from this was very positive and it helped a lot in controlling griefing. Still toxicity is there in that game but it was a very learge step in the right direction to handle it. Also it gave 1 more thing to do to players for fun.

> @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > > @"BlackBeard.2873" said:

> > > OMG, we have a GOLD player on our team...afk!

> >

> > Bingo.

>

> No. not bingo. _Again_ every competitive game already has this and there is no mass afking in those games because of somebody's rank. Why should GW2 want to hide it?

>

> The _only_ reason would be that it would prove how bad the matchmaking actually is. Why else would they hide it?

>

Because 90% of people playing pvp are toxic trash, many players afk immediately after losing the first mid fight at the very start of the game, imagine if those players see a bronze of silver player in their comp.

It's full of silver/gold players who are pretty decent at the game and deserve the plat rank, but they cannot achieve it because of unbalance, and it's true the opposite as well, some bad players got a pretty lucky killstreak with a carrying team and they got to platinum and they thinks they are platinum skill level players.

So showing rank would cause only anger against the lower rank player than you if you lose the match.

> Why doesn't the game reveal players rank before the start of the game or on the scoreboard?

didn't they remove the profession icons indicating expac players? I heard they did this to protect non expac players from toxicity.

one possible answer is that anet likes to hold hands with everyone who might get their feelings hurt.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > Why doesn't the game reveal players rank before the start of the game or on the scoreboard?

> didn't they remove the profession icons indicating expac players? I heard they did this to protect non expac players from toxicity.

> one possible answer is that anet likes to hold hands with everyone who might get their feelings hurt.

If toxicity could get cleansed that easily... While i don't doubt Anet's intentions, I'm not sure it has any positive impact either. I always tell i'm almost gold so my teammates try harder to carry and look after me.

I tell people just for jokes when the game starts that I'm a bronze or doing Placements....

Can't tell you how many people will quit the game there and then before it's even started.

Can't tell you how many of them immediately wrote threads about match making here on the forums.

Even more would just abuse me in map chat BEFORE the game timer has even run out to start the actual game.

Then... If people did stay, there's some players out there who don't like being in Plat or what ever and feeling like they're being carried by a placement player or carrying the placement player so they just leave mid game blaming match making, even if the score was 212-231.

This is what putting a number on people will do to them, people put all their self worth into that arbitrary number/rank....

the game was much better when we had team queue and people played for mostly fun, or should I say, when there was an option to queue for fun.

> @"phokus.8934" said:

> BenP said it'd potentially cause more toxicity in games. Which frankly, I don't agree with at all.

>

> And if they're really concerned about increased toxicity across the board, then update the reporting feature where it seemingly does nothing today.

The only way it will cause toxicity is if the match maker is actually pairing people up wrongly. And if thats the case, i wouldnt want to show it either if i was anet.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> I tell people just for jokes when the game starts that I'm a bronze or doing Placements....

>

> Can't tell you how many people will quit the game there and then before it's even started.

> Can't tell you how many of them immediately wrote threads about match making here on the forums.

> Even more would just abuse me in map chat BEFORE the game timer has even run out to start the actual game.

>

>

> Then... If people did stay, there's some players out there who don't like being in Plat or what ever and feeling like they're being carried by a placement player or carrying the placement player so they just leave mid game blaming match making, even if the score was 212-231.

>

> This is what putting a number on people will do to them, people put all their self worth into that arbitrary number/rank....

> the game was much better when we had team queue and people played for mostly fun, or should I say, when there was an option to queue for fun.

>

So, you lied about your rank and people quit because they _have_ to believe you since there is nothing to tell them otherwise. This wouldn't happen if people had their ranks shown.

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > I tell people just for jokes when the game starts that I'm a bronze or doing Placements....

> >

> > Can't tell you how many people will quit the game there and then before it's even started.

> > Can't tell you how many of them immediately wrote threads about match making here on the forums.

> > Even more would just abuse me in map chat BEFORE the game timer has even run out to start the actual game.

> >

> >

> > Then... If people did stay, there's some players out there who don't like being in Plat or what ever and feeling like they're being carried by a placement player or carrying the placement player so they just leave mid game blaming match making, even if the score was 212-231.

> >

> > This is what putting a number on people will do to them, people put all their self worth into that arbitrary number/rank....

> > the game was much better when we had team queue and people played for mostly fun, or should I say, when there was an option to queue for fun.

> >

>

> So, you lied about your rank and people quit because they _have_ to believe you since there is nothing to tell them otherwise. This wouldn't happen if people had their ranks shown.

And if people had thier ranks shown, it wouldnt stop what I described... If anything it would happen more as Im not in every single game.

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > I tell people just for jokes when the game starts that I'm a bronze or doing Placements....

> >

> > Can't tell you how many people will quit the game there and then before it's even started.

> > Can't tell you how many of them immediately wrote threads about match making here on the forums.

> > Even more would just abuse me in map chat BEFORE the game timer has even run out to start the actual game.

> >

> >

> > Then... If people did stay, there's some players out there who don't like being in Plat or what ever and feeling like they're being carried by a placement player or carrying the placement player so they just leave mid game blaming match making, even if the score was 212-231.

> >

> > This is what putting a number on people will do to them, people put all their self worth into that arbitrary number/rank....

> > the game was much better when we had team queue and people played for mostly fun, or should I say, when there was an option to queue for fun.

> >

>

> So, you lied about your rank and people quit because they _have_ to believe you since there is nothing to tell them otherwise. This wouldn't happen if people had their ranks shown.

And if people had thier ranks shown, it wouldnt stop what I described... If anything it would happen more as Im not in every single game.

We are just having a glass half or half empty discussion here lol

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"TheDevice.2751" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > I tell people just for jokes when the game starts that I'm a bronze or doing Placements....

> > >

> > > Can't tell you how many people will quit the game there and then before it's even started.

> > > Can't tell you how many of them immediately wrote threads about match making here on the forums.

> > > Even more would just abuse me in map chat BEFORE the game timer has even run out to start the actual game.

> > >

> > >

> > > Then... If people did stay, there's some players out there who don't like being in Plat or what ever and feeling like they're being carried by a placement player or carrying the placement player so they just leave mid game blaming match making, even if the score was 212-231.

> > >

> > > This is what putting a number on people will do to them, people put all their self worth into that arbitrary number/rank....

> > > the game was much better when we had team queue and people played for mostly fun, or should I say, when there was an option to queue for fun.

> > >

> >

> > So, you lied about your rank and people quit because they _have_ to believe you since there is nothing to tell them otherwise. This wouldn't happen if people had their ranks shown.

>

> And if people had thier ranks shown, it wouldnt stop what I described... If anything it would happen more as Im not in every single game.

Literally only if it were true that you were a bronze matched with plat or something similar. That's because this shouldn't happen. You're describing something that actually should not happen if this game is supposed to have proper matchmaking... which it might not.

You're just making a scenario that describes poor matchmaking and saying "see people don't like bad matchmaking".