Increase drop rate of symbols

Verrier.5870

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> I'm kind of expecting a gathering glyph that has a chance of giving rune/sigil salvage materials. Yeah, it'll be a mote most of the time, but we have glyphs for just about every other kind of material. Right?

cause we need more stuff shoved in the gemstore when it comes to runes :/

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

> @"PlagueParade.7942" said:

> Wasn't the new salvage o matic that's coming out going to give better odds in getting these charms/symbols? Or was it just to save the sigil/rune when salvaged?

Since it's not in the game, the chat code for it might not be an accurate indicator of what we end up getting

> [&AgFBXQEAAA==]

> Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic

> Guaranteed Rune and Sigil Salvaging!

> Double-click to salvage crafting materials from an item in your inventory. 20% chance of rarer materials. 100% chance of salvaging upgrades.

> Cost per use: 30 copper

We also don't know its base cost ~~or cost-per-use~~.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Ack! I thought there was only one kind of mote: Lucent Mote

> > Can't find the others in the Wiki.

>

> We're calling them ALL motes, including charms and symbols. Not remembering all these redundant names every time I refer to them.

That's a really confusing way to talk about them. I don't bother remembering the different ones, but at least separate "Motes" from "Symbols/Charms".

They really should increase drop rate a bit. I understand they calculated by quantity of players multiplied by years of salvaging. Sure in a year or so, charms and symbols won't be a problem anymore. But at this very moment it's not a nice picture for current players. not nice at all.

Or just rework those formulas to ask for a single charm/symbol. Years latter you can update to 2-3 per item.

To answer a post above, I have tried all sort of salvage tools to get charms/symbols incl the copper fed kit, yellow mystic forge kit, even the exotic black lion salvage kit giving the rune from an item and then used to salvage said rune gave me nothing (coz I want charms/symbols)...

As far as I am aware, nothing makes them drop more at all... Its all the same....

As for Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic... Didn't players say that it only gives you a guaranteed rune/sigil (like the black lion exotic kit does)?

> @"PlagueParade.7942" said:

> Wasn't the new salvage o matic that's coming out going to give better odds in getting these charms/symbols? Or was it just to save the sigil/rune when salvaged?

Nope, it states that it'll salvage the sigils/runes with a 100% chance but have a weaker rare salvage output for say stuff like Ectos from rares, I don't think the actual Symbol/charm drop rate is effected at all.

Good to see the fed o matics back on sale again, blatantly still mis-selling it by stating it provides a chance to salvage upgrades.. it does not it only salvages mats and a chance of symbols/runes.. these are not upgrades and has been stated previously when they have pushed them out on sale since the changes to runes and sigils. It is simply poor form ANET and outright lies.

ANET should be refunding everyone that has purchased these, especially since the changes.

The drop rates have to be low or else the market will quickly crash and all runes/sigils would become valueless due to insanely excess supply of crafting materials. I know right now everyone is going to be saying "so what, I like paying nothing to get runes/sigils", but that's only because you are looking to buy right now and are ignoring your own future need to SELL the components over the next few years when you aren't a buyer. Higher prices means that you will MAKE more money every time you salvage gear from this point forward. If the prices crash, then sigils/runes will go right back to being inventory clutter that you vendor because the TP won't let you undercut below vendor price. For the long term health of the market, supply rates must be low.

The prices are going to hurt up front due to three main factors:

1. Everyone needs to spend the materials unlocking the recipes all at once.

2. Everyone is working on crafting a bunch right now to adapt to the new effects.

3. Supply is currently low, so there is a lot of competition over the small amount that is available.

Over time, these effects will occur:

1. The majority of players will have unlocked all the recipes they care to unlock which will reduce demand.

2. The rune/sigil meta will calm down as most players will have the runes/sigils they need and will thus NOT be crafting any.

These two effects will result in lower demand which will also contribute to increasing supply (since supply is not generally generated "on purpose", but rather ambiently during the normal course of gameplay due to the high volume of players who salvage many items. Because we do not have much direct control over the amount of new runes/sigils entering the game, we can't produce more when prices are high or produce less when prices are low so the game must account for that in determining how many should normally be flowing into and out of the economy).

The long term prices will be lower than the current prices, but they should still be high enough that getting runes/sigils will no longer be a reason to complain.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> Good to see the fed o matics back on sale again, blatantly still mis-selling it by stating it provides a chance to salvage upgrades.. it does not it only salvages mats and a chance of symbols/runes.. these are not upgrades and has been stated previously when they have pushed them out on sale since the changes to runes and sigils. It is simply poor form ANET and outright lies.

> ANET should be refunding everyone that has purchased these, especially since the changes.

They _do_ have a chance to salvage upgrades, just as they are guaranteed to salvage the gear. Salvage means to break down; salvage does not mean recover or output/results.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > Good to see the fed o matics back on sale again, blatantly still mis-selling it by stating it provides a chance to salvage upgrades.. it does not it only salvages mats and a chance of symbols/runes.. these are not upgrades and has been stated previously when they have pushed them out on sale since the changes to runes and sigils. It is simply poor form ANET and outright lies.

> > ANET should be refunding everyone that has purchased these, especially since the changes.

>

> They _do_ have a chance to salvage upgrades, just as they are guaranteed to salvage the gear. Salvage means to break down; salvage does not mean recover or output/results.

They do not have a chance to recover upgrades, that is false.. that has been taken away from it.. it only has a chance to salvage components including the charms/symbols... but yes they are still sold stating they offer the same chances as before-- but it is blatantly false.

I salvage absolutely everything that I do not need and since the change not a single sigil or rune has been salvaged from any armour or weapon, thousands of salvages!.. it is simply a lie to say there is still a chance and is therefore very much mis-selling and a refund offered to any player that has been mislead by this poor practice.

The only way to salvage runes or sigils is by BLT kits or using extractors.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > Good to see the fed o matics back on sale again, blatantly still mis-selling it by stating it provides a chance to salvage upgrades.. it does not it only salvages mats and a chance of symbols/runes.. these are not upgrades and has been stated previously when they have pushed them out on sale since the changes to runes and sigils. It is simply poor form ANET and outright lies.

> > > ANET should be refunding everyone that has purchased these, especially since the changes.

> >

> > They _do_ have a chance to salvage upgrades, just as they are guaranteed to salvage the gear. Salvage means to break down; salvage does not mean recover or output/results.

>

> They do not have a chance to recover upgrades, that is false.. that has been taken away from it.. it only has a chance to salvage components including the charms/symbols... but yes they are still sold stating they offer the same chances as before-- but it is blatantly false.

> I salvage absolutely everything that I do not need and since the change not a single sigil or rune has been salvaged from any armour or weapon, thousands of salvages!.. it is simply a lie to say there is still a chance and is therefore very much mis-selling and a refund offered to any player that has been mislead by this poor practice.

> The only way to salvage runes or sigils is by BLT kits or using extractors.

That's right, the salvage-o-matics do not recover upgrades. It blatantly states _salvaging_ upgrades and not recovering upgrades. Only the BLT kits say they recover upgrades.