Superior Buried Treasure: More Valuable Than We Thought (Data & Farming)

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> Yes they are. What you get can be wildly different though. For instance earlier today I did this with my daughter. I got 16 gold worth of drops, she got 70 with hers and the friend with us only a few rare unids.

Ahh okay, do you just go anywhere and open them, or is there a specific spot to use them in?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Desert Highlands, on the hour, every 2 hours. For me, in central us, it is on the even hours. You use the map, look at your big map, find the blue dashed circle, go there, use your special action key and follow until you find your treasure. WAY faster to do with people, as mentioned above. Only lasts for 20 minutes.

To my knowledge when and where you open them doesn't matter? Does anyone know if mf helps at any point?

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> Do you know what the problem with the event is, it's kitten BORING. Even the Silverwastes box train is more entertaining.

That's why the best results are often in a party or group of friends. You can call out what treasures are closer and move on from there. I think most people are going to get around 12-15 on average without a lot of hassle. 20+ is probably more often done in a chest hunting party.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> Do you know what the problem with the event is, it's kitten BORING. Even the Silverwastes box train is more entertaining.

it's just opening chests

either you like that sort of thing or you don't

When it comes down to it, a lot of the farms in this game are the same as this event, only with a pre that requires killing stuff. For example, that's really what AB meta is: kill the Octovine spawns so you can loot the chests downstairs.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this topic about the Burried Treasures. I have been told it is good money, but I didn't knew it could be this much! Also the tips and tricks posted in this topic are usefull, thanks.

I mainly do this for the music box, but gold is always good. :) I do this event while also doing map completion for a chance of getting a Black Lion Chest Key. Not really gold efficient, but I like doing two things at the same time.

• 5 weeks later...

> @"Genuinetheo.6591" said:

> > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > Do you know what the problem with the event is, it's kitten BORING. Even the Silverwastes box train is more entertaining.

>

> That's why the best results are often in a party or group of friends. You can call out what treasures are closer and move on from there. I think most people are going to get around 12-15 on average without a lot of hassle. 20+ is probably more often done in a chest hunting party.

12 - 15 is what I usually get solo on my Griffon, and that includes going to Prophets Fall and Sunderlands...but I usually land right on top of all the chests I ping so that lessons the amount of combat I get into(even my pet doesn't slow me down that much as I use my Ranger...I have methods). almost 2k maps now...one of these days.

**Update**

I took the data from 250 Superior treasures and compared it to today's market values. Assuming the same drop rates, the total value of the entire exercise is very dependent on whether you get a Story of the Great Zehtuka, as that still has recipes selling for > 60 gold.

* Best case: 25 treasures in 20 minutes, with a Zehtuka recipe: 11.6g (pretax) in 20 minutes, or 35g/hour, using sell offers,

* Worst case: 10 treasures, no recipe: 1.8g (pretax) or 5.4g/hour, using buy offers (insta-sell)

However, as noted above, the bigger value is in the the Elegy Mosaics. After the recent _HoTization of PoF_ patch, Those are far easier to obtain through bounties and metas. Still, 3-8 for 20 minutes of solo work might be worth it for those who want to go it alone.

In other words, the recent patch altered the market making this less worthwhile than before. I'll run another analysis in 6-8 months, after the excitement for the updated PoF rewards dies down, perhaps the value of some items will go down more (I expect most will rise in value)