When is Anet going to really cash in on Fashion Wars with black lion armor skins?

> @"Liewec.2896" said:

> and this expansion was especially disappointing for armour.

> they all looked like a jumbled mess of cloth, and all extremely similar.

> look at light armour for example, we have:

> [Jumble of cloth 1 (spearmarshal)](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Spearmarshal%27s_armor_(light)_human_female_front.jpg "Jumble of cloth 1 (spearmarshal)")

> [Jumble of cloth 2 ("elonian")](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Elonian_armor_(light)_human_female_front.jpg "Jumble of cloth 2 ("elonian")") which is just spear marshal with different textures and tiny tweaks

> [boring MMO starter gear? (Elegy)](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Elegy_armor_(light)_human_female_front.jpg "boring MMO starter gear? (Elegy)") looks like the generic dull set you get on starter characters in MMOs.

> [boring MMO starter gear...wish shiny bits! (Requiem)](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Requiem_armor_(light)_human_female_front.jpg "boring MMO starter gear...wish shiny bits! (Requiem)") it's Elegy armour with added nonsensical particle effects and a bit of retexturing...

> then there is Bountyhunter, Funery and warbeast, all of which are a mismatch of "nope".

>

> what happened to the Anet that gave us the Winged set?

> can we even pretend that this:

> ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/b0/Elegy_armor_%28light%29_human_female_front.jpg "")

> is even in the same class as this:

> ![](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/f/f1/Winged_armor_human_female_front.jpg "")

> which came many years earlier!

> heck, even the [sTARTER SET](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/e/ea/Apprentice_armor_human_female_front.jpg "STARTER SET") looks better than the armours they make now-a-days, when they rarely make them...

> what went wrong?!

Your issue is just a matter of taste.

Personally love the spear marshal(medium armor), and i despise the winged armor(as it doesnt look that way on Charr).

Bring back armor skins but sell them at a higher price than Outfits. If people pay 2k Gems for a fancy mount skin, they would pay a similar amount of Gems for armor skins too. I'd insta-buy all of them! But do NOT put them into chests, let me buy them directly from the Gem Store.

> @"Mea.5491" said:

> Bring back armor skins but sell them at a higher price than Outfits. If people pay 2k Gems for a fancy mount skin, they would pay a similar amount of Gems for armor skins too. I'd insta-buy all of them! But do NOT put them into chests, let me buy them directly from the Gem Store.

BLC armors are not necessarily a bad idea. If they were like the weapon sets, then they would cost armor tickets and be tradeable for gold.

> @"Rangerdeity.5847" said:

> > @"Tzarakiel.7490" said:

> > > @"Rangerdeity.5847" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Rangerdeity.5847" said:

> > > > > We have seen very very minimal new armor skins since launch, a couple per expansion and a few special ones for legendary armors. But we dont get the seasonal new skins like we do for weapons in the black lion chests. I get it Anet doesnt work for free, so do the work and I will buy so many keys my dead grandma will beat my kitten for wasting my own money.

> > > >

> > > > That is just not being honest. We have lots of armor skins since launch.

> > >

> > > how so? the ratio of weapons/armor is vastly and undeniably in favor of weapons.

> >

> > Because weapons don't have to be changed to fit 5 races x 2 genders x 8 (on average) bodyshapes. You only make weapon skins once and then resize it according to character height.

>

> Thats nice but the devs ARE being paid yes? and Im not asking them to do this for free am i? I am suggesting they make cash shot exclusive armors similar to the cash shot exclusive weapons and outfits.

Do not sell as well as outfits? based on what market data? There arent any armor sets for gems in game to my knowledge

> > @"Rangerdeity.5847" said:

> > > @"Tzarakiel.7490" said:

> > > > @"Rangerdeity.5847" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Rangerdeity.5847" said:

> > > > > > We have seen very very minimal new armor skins since launch, a couple per expansion and a few special ones for legendary armors. But we dont get the seasonal new skins like we do for weapons in the black lion chests. I get it Anet doesnt work for free, so do the work and I will buy so many keys my dead grandma will beat my kitten for wasting my own money.

> > > > >

> > > > > That is just not being honest. We have lots of armor skins since launch.

> > > >

> > > > how so? the ratio of weapons/armor is vastly and undeniably in favor of weapons.

> > >

> > > Because weapons don't have to be changed to fit 5 races x 2 genders x 8 (on average) bodyshapes. You only make weapon skins once and then resize it according to character height.

> >

> > Thats nice but the devs ARE being paid yes? and Im not asking them to do this for free am i? I am suggesting they make cash shot exclusive armors similar to the cash shot exclusive weapons and outfits.

>

> Do not sell as well as outfits? based on what market data? There arent any armor sets for gems in game to my knowledge

And there is a reason for that ... you think if Anet could make money from armor sets in the GS, they wouldn't offer it? OFC they would.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Tzarakiel.7490" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Rangerdeity.5847" said:

> > > > > > > We have seen very very minimal new armor skins since launch, a couple per expansion and a few special ones for legendary armors. But we dont get the seasonal new skins like we do for weapons in the black lion chests. I get it Anet doesnt work for free, so do the work and I will buy so many keys my dead grandma will beat my kitten for wasting my own money.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That is just not being honest. We have lots of armor skins since launch.

> > > > >

> > > > > how so? the ratio of weapons/armor is vastly and undeniably in favor of weapons.

> > > >

> > > > Because weapons don't have to be changed to fit 5 races x 2 genders x 8 (on average) bodyshapes. You only make weapon skins once and then resize it according to character height.

> > >

> > > Thats nice but the devs ARE being paid yes? and Im not asking them to do this for free am i? I am suggesting they make cash shot exclusive armors similar to the cash shot exclusive weapons and outfits.

> >

> > Do not sell as well as outfits? based on what market data? There arent any armor sets for gems in game to my knowledge

>

> And there is a reason for that ... you think if Anet could make money from armor sets in the GS, they wouldn't offer it? OFC they would.

They could also make money off WvW players but they dont, You think WvW players are buying mount skins?

> > > @"Tzarakiel.7490" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > We have seen very very minimal new armor skins since launch, a couple per expansion and a few special ones for legendary armors. But we dont get the seasonal new skins like we do for weapons in the black lion chests. I get it Anet doesnt work for free, so do the work and I will buy so many keys my dead grandma will beat my kitten for wasting my own money.

> > > > >

> > > > > That is just not being honest. We have lots of armor skins since launch.

> > > >

> > > > how so? the ratio of weapons/armor is vastly and undeniably in favor of weapons.

> > >

> > > Because weapons don't have to be changed to fit 5 races x 2 genders x 8 (on average) bodyshapes. You only make weapon skins once and then resize it according to character height.

> >

> > Thats nice but the devs ARE being paid yes? and Im not asking them to do this for free am i? I am suggesting they make cash shot exclusive armors similar to the cash shot exclusive weapons and outfits.

>

> Do not sell as well as outfits? based on what market data? There arent any armor sets for gems in game to my knowledge

Names of gemstore armors

Aetherblade armor (heavy)

Aetherblade armor (light)

Aetherblade armor (medium)

Braham's armor

Flamekissed armor

Flamewalker armor

Flamewrath armor

Incarnate armor

Krytan armor

Magitech armor

Phalanx armor

Phoenix armor

Primeval armor

Profane armor

Rampart armor

Strider's armor

Trickster's armor

Viper's armor

Zodiac armor (heavy)

Zodiac armor (light)

Zodiac armor (medium)

As too how well they sell. They might sell more armor but the profit is lower. Armor is one of the most expensive items they create and outfits, which are one size fits all onesies, are far cheaper. A 700 gem outfit brings in more profit than a 700 gem armor even if it sells fewer of them.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Tzarakiel.7490" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Rangerdeity.5847" said:

> > > > > > > > We have seen very very minimal new armor skins since launch, a couple per expansion and a few special ones for legendary armors. But we dont get the seasonal new skins like we do for weapons in the black lion chests. I get it Anet doesnt work for free, so do the work and I will buy so many keys my dead grandma will beat my kitten for wasting my own money.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That is just not being honest. We have lots of armor skins since launch.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > how so? the ratio of weapons/armor is vastly and undeniably in favor of weapons.

> > > > >

> > > > > Because weapons don't have to be changed to fit 5 races x 2 genders x 8 (on average) bodyshapes. You only make weapon skins once and then resize it according to character height.

> > > >

> > > > Thats nice but the devs ARE being paid yes? and Im not asking them to do this for free am i? I am suggesting they make cash shot exclusive armors similar to the cash shot exclusive weapons and outfits.

> > >

> > > Do not sell as well as outfits? based on what market data? There arent any armor sets for gems in game to my knowledge

> >

> > And there is a reason for that ... you think if Anet could make money from armor sets in the GS, they wouldn't offer it? OFC they would.

>

> They could also make money off WvW players but they dont, You think WvW players are buying mount skins?

Yes I do believe it, because some WvW also play in open world. Amazing right? I have no data to say though ... but neither do you, so whatever point you are trying to make is rather lost.

What does that have to do with the fact that Anet doesn't offer Armor skins because they don't make money on them?

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > We have seen very very minimal new armor skins since launch, a couple per expansion and a few special ones for legendary armors. But we dont get the seasonal new skins like we do for weapons in the black lion chests. I get it Anet doesnt work for free, so do the work and I will buy so many keys my dead grandma will beat my kitten for wasting my own money.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That is just not being honest. We have lots of armor skins since launch.

> > > > >

> > > > > how so? the ratio of weapons/armor is vastly and undeniably in favor of weapons.

> > > >

> > > > Because weapons don't have to be changed to fit 5 races x 2 genders x 8 (on average) bodyshapes. You only make weapon skins once and then resize it according to character height.

> > >

> > > Thats nice but the devs ARE being paid yes? and Im not asking them to do this for free am i? I am suggesting they make cash shot exclusive armors similar to the cash shot exclusive weapons and outfits.

> >

> > Do not sell as well as outfits? based on what market data? There arent any armor sets for gems in game to my knowledge

>

> And there is a reason for that ... you think if Anet could make money from armor sets in the GS, they wouldn't offer it? OFC they would.

They could also make money off WvW players but they dont, You think WvW players are buying mount skins?> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> Names of gemstore armors

> Aetherblade armor (heavy)

> Aetherblade armor (light)

> Aetherblade armor (medium)

> Braham's armor

> Flamekissed armor

> Flamewalker armor

> Flamewrath armor

> Incarnate armor

> Krytan armor

> Magitech armor

> Phalanx armor

> Phoenix armor

> Primeval armor

> Profane armor

> Rampart armor

> Strider's armor

> Trickster's armor

> Viper's armor

> Zodiac armor (heavy)

> Zodiac armor (light)

> Zodiac armor (medium)

>

> As too how well they sell. They might sell more armor but the profit is lower. Armor is one of the most expensive items they create and outfits, which are one size fits all onesies, are far cheaper. A 700 gem outfit brings in more profit than a 700 gem armor even if it sells fewer of them.

You realize how hold those are? How well do the original outfits sell? they dont because like the original armor skins they are absolutely aweful.

> You realize how hold those are? How well do the original outfits sell? they dont because like the original armor skins they are absolutely aweful.

Early on, ANet said, "hey can't make armor sets that quickly. We can make them slightly more often to sell in the gem shop or slightly less often and make them available in game only. Which do you prefer?" And the community (of the time) said: in game, please.

Outfits sell really well. We know this because ANet keeps releasing them fairly often and because ANet says they do.

I'm sure all of us, including ANet, would love to see more armor skins available. It simply not possible for them to release them at anything close to the rate we'd like to see.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > We have seen very very minimal new armor skins since launch, a couple per expansion and a few special ones for legendary armors. But we dont get the seasonal new skins like we do for weapons in the black lion chests. I get it Anet doesnt work for free, so do the work and I will buy so many keys my dead grandma will beat my kitten for wasting my own money.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That is just not being honest. We have lots of armor skins since launch.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > how so? the ratio of weapons/armor is vastly and undeniably in favor of weapons.

> > > > >

> > > > > Because weapons don't have to be changed to fit 5 races x 2 genders x 8 (on average) bodyshapes. You only make weapon skins once and then resize it according to character height.

> > > >

> > > > Thats nice but the devs ARE being paid yes? and Im not asking them to do this for free am i? I am suggesting they make cash shot exclusive armors similar to the cash shot exclusive weapons and outfits.

> > >

> > > Do not sell as well as outfits? based on what market data? There arent any armor sets for gems in game to my knowledge

> >

> > And there is a reason for that ... you think if Anet could make money from armor sets in the GS, they wouldn't offer it? OFC they would.

>

> They could also make money off WvW players but they dont, You think WvW players are buying mount skins?> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Names of gemstore armors

> > Aetherblade armor (heavy)

> > Aetherblade armor (light)

> > Aetherblade armor (medium)

> > Braham's armor

> > Flamekissed armor

> > Flamewalker armor

> > Flamewrath armor

> > Incarnate armor

> > Krytan armor

> > Magitech armor

> > Phalanx armor

> > Phoenix armor

> > Primeval armor

> > Profane armor

> > Rampart armor

> > Strider's armor

> > Trickster's armor

> > Viper's armor

> > Zodiac armor (heavy)

> > Zodiac armor (light)

> > Zodiac armor (medium)

> >

> > As too how well they sell. They might sell more armor but the profit is lower. Armor is one of the most expensive items they create and outfits, which are one size fits all onesies, are far cheaper. A 700 gem outfit brings in more profit than a 700 gem armor even if it sells fewer of them.

>

> You realize how hold those are? How well do the original outfits sell? they dont because like the original armor skins they are absolutely aweful.

1) the age is irrelevant. It was a reponse to you saying “**There arent any armor sets for gems in game to my knowledge**”. The answer is that there are 21 gemstore armors.

2) the reason why they are all old is because they weren’t making enough profit on armor so they switched to making cheap outfits which they sell for the same number of gems as armor. Since they can make outfits faster than armor and outfits costs less to make then outfits are far more profitable. New armor sets are now ingame, non gemstore as a reward for doing content and to encourage people to buy expansions.

3) “How well do the original outfits sell?”

armor or outfits?? Obviously outfits sell well enough that they are pushing them out at a steady rate. Whether or not gemstore armor sold is beside the point as the outfits are making them more money.

“they dont because like the original armor skins they are absolutely aweful.” Completely subjective. Just because you don’t like the old gemstore armor sets doesn’t mean others agree. I have most sets of gemstore armors and use the pieces when I mix and match with non gemstore armor.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> They could also make money off WvW players but they dont, You think WvW players are buying mount skins?> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Names of gemstore armors

> > Aetherblade armor (heavy)

> > Aetherblade armor (light)

> > Aetherblade armor (medium)

> > Braham's armor

> > Flamekissed armor

> > Flamewalker armor

> > Flamewrath armor

> > Incarnate armor

> > Krytan armor

> > Magitech armor

> > Phalanx armor

> > Phoenix armor

> > Primeval armor

> > Profane armor

> > Rampart armor

> > Strider's armor

> > Trickster's armor

> > Viper's armor

> > Zodiac armor (heavy)

> > Zodiac armor (light)

> > Zodiac armor (medium)

> >

> > As too how well they sell. They might sell more armor but the profit is lower. Armor is one of the most expensive items they create and outfits, which are one size fits all onesies, are far cheaper. A 700 gem outfit brings in more profit than a 700 gem armor even if it sells fewer of them.

>

You said that there weren't any, he listed the more than 20 that existed. Now its about how old they are?

Moving those goal posts when you are shown to be wrong does not change the fact that you are in fact wrong. It might be a good idea to admit your (hopefully honest) mistakes and move on to finding some facts to anchor your points so that any discussion can move forward without being distracted by misinformation.

I'm going to have to call shenanigans at this point.

The vast majority of Gemstore armors are the absolute best in the game. Not only from a "looks" standpoint, but in terms of dye-ability and the way individual pieces play with others.

They are, by a pretty comfortable margin of public opinion, better.

This community ragged on Anet for YEARS about how much nicer the Gemstore armor was compared to to the in-game earnable things for that exact reason.

Since then we've had plenty of achievable pieces both in terms of in-game earnable sets and individual one-offs like the achievement piece we get with each LW episode or the elite spec shoulders ect.

This is what the community asked for.

While you may personally prefer the stylings of the Winged set to the Trickster set (I don't), it doesnt invalidate that:

1. Arenanet has indeed offered armor sets on the gemstore

2. It wasn't profitable enough to continue doing so as of about two years ago and changed to a more customer friendly business model

> @"crepuscular.9047" said:

> This is my suggestion, **TOTALLY** willing to pour my cash in to get it and unlock more outfits

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/61093/idea-a-gem-store-item-to-turn-outfits-into-armor-skin

>

> still have 50 locked outfits, and i'm refusing to buy them because I cannot use parts of them

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/s6l7c4C.jpg "")

I made that same suggestion a couple of years ago.

The excuses were "Anet wont make money" "It takes too long" "I would rather the outfit cause they come more often"