Your Guild Wars 2 account has been suspended for disruptive behavior

FOE.2041

Well you obviously farmed by just standing around with a necro I suppose and let your minions kill things.

When you're not around to answer a GMs messages, they assume you're afk-farming, which is not allowed. You have to be able to respond to a GMs message, if he tries to find out, if you're an afk-bot.

> @"FOE.2041" said:

> ofc its working, thats why its silent, at around 13:00 i was at pc, went for tea, at 13:08 he banned me at 13:13 im back and see this

> that is surely "GMs are overly generous on the amount of time that players are given to respond."

13 minutes is a generous amount of time.

> @"FOE.2041" said:

> ofc its working, thats why its silent, at around 13:00 i was at pc, went for tea, at 13:08 he banned me at 13:13 im back and see this

> that is surely "GMs are overly generous on the amount of time that players are given to respond."

As others have mentioned, you weren't necessarily suspended for what you were doing at 13:00; it might have been something from 3 weeks ago or 3 months that they were investigating this week.

Appeal the suspension via Support ticket. You'll get a little more information, especially if it was _behavior_ rather than for AFK farming.

> @"FOE.2041" said:

> there is no rule that forbids farming with minions

>

> yes, i was making tea and sandwitch and when i returned i got this

> and i wasnt using macro or anything to simulate presence and not get auto kicked by server

> like many bots there do for weeks

There is when AFK and non responsive to a GM. Search for it.

Wait, soo. Lets say im playing a minion mancer and doing idk what. Suddenly something important happens in real life, so i step away from PC to deal with real life. During that time my necro and minions are still in game cause i didnt bother loging out. I suddenly come back and see i got banned for... AFK farming ?? Cause i had to go away for a bit to attend RL business ? How does that make sense ?

There has to be something else, and not "afk farming" while away for 13min.

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> > @"FOE.2041" said:

> > there is no rule that forbids farming with minions

> >

> > yes, i was making tea and sandwitch and when i returned i got this

> > and i wasnt using macro or anything to simulate presence and not get auto kicked by server

> > like many bots there do for weeks

>

> There is when AFK and non responsive to a GM. Search for it.

That is correct, but only as long as the character was using skills. If the ban was in fact for afk-farming this would mean either a skill was put on autocast prior to going to "make tea", or 3rd party software caused skills to be used. Both bad ideas.

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> Wait, soo. Lets say im playing a minion mancer and doing idk what. Suddenly something important happens in real life, so i step away from PC to deal with real life. During that time my necro and minions are still in game cause i didnt bother loging out. I suddenly come back and see i got banned for... AFK farming ?? Cause i had to go away for a bit to attend RL business ? How does that make sense ?

> There has to be something else, and not "afk farming" while away for 13min.

No, as ive left literally for hours(usually in towns though) and never once gotten banned, so either this isnt the first time youve been looked at by a GM for whatever you did, *or* you said/did something and arent sharing the full story.

*HOWEVER*

Theres no use defending yourself on the forums against random strangers, the only people that matter are arena nets support team.

> @"Glider.5792" said:

> Lets say im playing a minion mancer and doing idk what. Suddenly something important happens in real life, so i step away from PC to deal with real life. During that time my necro and minions are still in game cause i didnt bother loging out. I suddenly come back and see i got banned for... AFK farming ?? Cause i had to go away for a bit to attend RL business ? How does that make sense ?

It'd take days/weeks for your account to go from being reported to being investigated by a GM, so it's very unlikely that anything would happen unless you're a regular AFK farmer. Where you're going AFK is also going to matter, so there's no problem if you're AFK in a town or safe spot, whereas AFKing in an obvious farm spot is only going to show you're intentionally doing it. Exactly how long they wait for you to respond is unknown, though if you're caught using multiple skills, they'll probably stop waiting and assume you're using a macro. They have said they give a generous amount of time to respond and have hinted that 3 hours is too long, so considering the map kicks you out after 30~50 minutes, it's probably that long.

If you don't want to risk anything, simply exit the game, wait in the SPvP lobby or put your pets away before AFKing in an active area for an unknown amount of time.

> @"FOE.2041" said:

> what the hell is that?

> i went to make a tea and when come back i see this

> [https://ibb.co/M5Z5F5Q](https://ibb.co/M5Z5F5Q "https://ibb.co/M5Z5F5Q")

> is it gm woke up and decided to ban me for reporting macro bots 2 weeks ago?

ANET included a Code on that message for a reason...

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015910888-Error-Code-45

Page gives a solid overview, along with recommended path forward. Good Luck!

> @"FOE.2041" said:

> there is no rule that forbids farming with minions

No there isnt.

However, you have to make the difference between **afk** farming, and **unattentive** farming.

If you're watching a movie on your second screen while your minions are killing some adds for you, It means that you are in front of your keyboard, and then are able to respond if a GM decide to whisp you and verify you're not afk.

If you're away from your keyboard, for exemple : if you're making a cup of tea in your kitchen, it means that you are not in front of your keyboard while your minions make the job, and then, that you're not ok.

And this is the difference : Unattentive farming is allowed, afk farming isnt. :)