After 5 years, I created a thief and I'm learning thief and engineer right now.

ybintell.1984

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > As long as tempest dose not give out stab of any type or some other powerful boon its not usable as a true support in any game type.

> >

>

> _Rock solid_ (give stab 2s on 5 allies when attuning to earth), _eye of the storm_ (break stun for allies)

>

Lol what solid chose rock solid is a joke.

Eye of the storm is nice but other classes get better stun brakes for there team on lower cd and better effects. Stun brakes are not as good as stab support before the stun. The UI in gw2 dose not well enofe show who is stunned to make pt stun brakes ever work well.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"Dahir.4158" said:

> > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > I would say weaver is probably the most complex elite spec to date. Probably why it's the least played PoF spec.

> >

> > Least played because of stupid nerfs.

>

> The nerf to riptide was 100% needed.

Sword nerfs mean nothing to me. I don't play the current brain-dead build which involves eles dodging and healing 24/7. The damage is bad and the gameplay is boring. What I care about, and what I was referring to, were the nerfs done to **staff weavers**. Those changes should never have happened.

> @"Dahir.4158" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"Dahir.4158" said:

> > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > I would say weaver is probably the most complex elite spec to date. Probably why it's the least played PoF spec.

> > >

> > > Least played because of stupid nerfs.

> >

> > The nerf to riptide was 100% needed.

>

> Sword nerfs mean nothing to me. I don't play the current brain-dead build which involves eles dodging and healing 24/7. The damage is bad and the gameplay is boring. What I care about, and what I was referring to, were the nerfs done to **staff weavers**. Those changes should never have happened.

Ironically the staff nerf that was intended for PvE was a bigger nerf in PvP. They had already split lava font to have a lower cd in PvP, because they knew that staff and especially that skill are terrible in PvP. However, in the latest lava font nerf they nerfed the damage by 40% while unsplitting to the lower the cd in PvE and WvW to compensate. For some reason PvP got the damage reduction and kept the same lower cd. Apparently lava font was destroying people in PvP and it needed a bigger nerf than in PvE.

> @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> > @"Dahir.4158" said:

> > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > @"Dahir.4158" said:

> > > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > I would say weaver is probably the most complex elite spec to date. Probably why it's the least played PoF spec.

> > > >

> > > > Least played because of stupid nerfs.

> > >

> > > The nerf to riptide was 100% needed.

> >

> > Sword nerfs mean nothing to me. I don't play the current brain-dead build which involves eles dodging and healing 24/7. The damage is bad and the gameplay is boring. What I care about, and what I was referring to, were the nerfs done to **staff weavers**. Those changes should never have happened.

>

> Ironically the staff nerf that was intended for PvE was a bigger nerf in PvP. They had already split lava font to have a lower cd in PvP, because they knew that staff and especially that skill are terrible in PvP. However, in the latest lava font nerf they nerfed the damage by 40% while unsplitting to the lower the cd in PvE and WvW to compensate. For some reason PvP got the damage reduction and kept the same lower cd. Apparently lava font was destroying people in PvP and it needed a bigger nerf than in PvE.

So whats the go to build for pvp? and why? so you guys jump around healing or somethin?

Is weaver still stronger than tempest in pve?

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> > > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > > @"Dahir.4158" said:

> > > > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > > I would say weaver is probably the most complex elite spec to date. Probably why it's the least played PoF spec.

> > > > >

> > > > > Least played because of stupid nerfs.

> > > >

> > > > The nerf to riptide was 100% needed.

> > >

> > > Sword nerfs mean nothing to me. I don't play the current brain-dead build which involves eles dodging and healing 24/7. The damage is bad and the gameplay is boring. What I care about, and what I was referring to, were the nerfs done to **staff weavers**. Those changes should never have happened.

> >

> > Ironically the staff nerf that was intended for PvE was a bigger nerf in PvP. They had already split lava font to have a lower cd in PvP, because they knew that staff and especially that skill are terrible in PvP. However, in the latest lava font nerf they nerfed the damage by 40% while unsplitting to the lower the cd in PvE and WvW to compensate. For some reason PvP got the damage reduction and kept the same lower cd. Apparently lava font was destroying people in PvP and it needed a bigger nerf than in PvE.

>

> So whats the go to build for pvp? and why? so you guys jump around healing or somethin?

>

> Is weaver still stronger than tempest in pve?

>

https://www.godsofpvp.net/builds/elementalist/

Staff is not relevant, which is what makes the PvP nerf baffling to say the least.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > As long as tempest dose not give out stab of any type or some other powerful boon its not usable as a true support in any game type.

> > >

> >

> > _Rock solid_ (give stab 2s on 5 allies when attuning to earth), _eye of the storm_ (break stun for allies)

> >

>

> Lol what solid chose rock solid is a joke.

>

> Eye of the storm is nice but other classes get better stun brakes for there team on lower cd and better effects. Stun brakes are not as good as stab support before the stun. The UI in gw2 dose not well enofe show who is stunned to make pt stun brakes ever work well.

_Rock solid_ is potentially a stab stack for your party every 10 seconds. The way I see it is that most elementalists rule out the earth magic traitline automatically. This is totally understandable in a condi meta, however in a power meta earth magic offer very interesting traits. For example an earth magic elementalist have the tools to prevent them from being unexpectedly one shoted by power builds (for example, _stone heart_ can make an elementalist extremly hard to kill for power builds).

> @"Axl.8924" said:

> > @"Ganathar.4956" said:

> > > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > > @"Dahir.4158" said:

> > > > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > > I would say weaver is probably the most complex elite spec to date. Probably why it's the least played PoF spec.

> > > > >

> > > > > Least played because of stupid nerfs.

> > > >

> > > > The nerf to riptide was 100% needed.

> > >

> > > Sword nerfs mean nothing to me. I don't play the current brain-dead build which involves eles dodging and healing 24/7. The damage is bad and the gameplay is boring. What I care about, and what I was referring to, were the nerfs done to **staff weavers**. Those changes should never have happened.

> >

> > Ironically the staff nerf that was intended for PvE was a bigger nerf in PvP. They had already split lava font to have a lower cd in PvP, because they knew that staff and especially that skill are terrible in PvP. However, in the latest lava font nerf they nerfed the damage by 40% while unsplitting to the lower the cd in PvE and WvW to compensate. For some reason PvP got the damage reduction and kept the same lower cd. Apparently lava font was destroying people in PvP and it needed a bigger nerf than in PvE.

>

> So whats the go to build for pvp? and why? so you guys jump around healing or somethin?

>

> **Is weaver still stronger than tempest in pve?**

>

It depends. Both are now viable depending on content. Tempest has better burst and AoE, but sword Weaver has sustainable DPS in longer fights.

For anything other than well-coordinated group play, where sword Weaver can reach its potential, Tempest wins for me. It’s much more forgiving of less organised groups and I find ploughs through open world content quicker than any Weaver build post staff fire nerfs.

> @"Dahir.4158" said:

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > I would say weaver is probably the most complex elite spec to date. Probably why it's the least played PoF spec.

> > >

> > > Least played because of stupid nerfs.

> >

> > The nerf to riptide was 100% needed.

>

> Sword nerfs mean nothing to me. I don't play the current brain-dead build which involves eles dodging and healing 24/7. The damage is bad and the gameplay is boring. What I care about, and what I was referring to, were the nerfs done to **staff weavers**. Those changes should never have happened.

Staff hasn't been relevant for a very long time in PvP and playing it as pure damage is nothing but a meme, staff is too slow and the pace of the game has become too fast for staff to be relevant. In WvW staff weavers were hitting people in full minstrels for 12-15k it was a joke and not the funny kind.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > As long as tempest dose not give out stab of any type or some other powerful boon its not usable as a true support in any game type.

> > > >

> > >

> > > _Rock solid_ (give stab 2s on 5 allies when attuning to earth), _eye of the storm_ (break stun for allies)

> > >

> >

> > Lol what solid chose rock solid is a joke.

> >

> > Eye of the storm is nice but other classes get better stun brakes for there team on lower cd and better effects. Stun brakes are not as good as stab support before the stun. The UI in gw2 dose not well enofe show who is stunned to make pt stun brakes ever work well.

>

> _Rock solid_ is potentially a stab stack for your party every 10 seconds. The way I see it is that most elementalists rule out the earth magic traitline automatically. This is totally understandable in a condi meta, however in a power meta earth magic offer very interesting traits. For example an earth magic elementalist have the tools to prevent them from being unexpectedly one shoted by power builds (for example, _stone heart_ can make an elementalist extremly hard to kill for power builds).

It never was good and never will be good as is. Ppl get more use out of cdr / -33% to soft cc. It is one of though realty bad effects ele has the fill the roll of nothing more to point at that "yes ele has that effect" but they leave out that its effecly worthless with the update to stab stacks system and was even bad back when stab did not stack due to its super low duration.

Its out dated like every thing else on ele balancing.

Tempest is strong in fractals : easier rotation and more solid than weaver, strong burst, add a small buff (the lightning strike field thing) but once you're out of the Hammer and the Storm DPS decreases dramatically.

It's a bursty build ideal in fractal medium fight; otherwise it's kitten, weaver can do >40k burst in 5sec and better dps in longer fight.

• 3 weeks later...

> @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > @"ybintell.1984" said:

> > Elementalist is going to be the underclass forever.

>

> Seems to show a lack of objectivity,

>

> Overall in this game Elementalist has fared pretty well. In PvE it was DPS king for a huge amount of time and stackable. In WvW it has been meta or at least a reasonable option most of the game (for large scale). And in PvP other than weaver it has done pretty well, pre-HoT ele was only really crappy for a few months before cele ele, then cele ele was one of the most broken OP things the game has ever seen (in relation to the game at that time), then with HoT there was tempest which was really strong (you might not of liked it being support/bunkery but that doesn't alter it was strong).

See, this is how I know people do not play Ele. If they did, they would know Tempest got harder nerfs than even druid who was their contender for bunker.

Druids STILL functions, but we had all of our Condi cleanse and good traits ripped from us. There was one by TWO instances in PvP where they were strong. That's it. Name me another time when they were strong? Name me any well-known elementalist that is not Cellofrag and his stupid 'ecksdee heals' build.

You can't.

We do not care about PVE. You cannot justify EVERY single bloody thing about ele just because it is strong in PVE. I'm so tired of people like you. I really am. The only reason why we even get highest DPS is OTHER classes, not because of our own DPS in raids.

Congrats cupcake, I shattered that argument. And I promise you. I truly promise you. As a good PvP player. I can get on WvW, strap on my deadeye or mesmer, and kill your guy's Weavers, while stealthing out and laughing in your face. Any decent pvper can do that, especially when a lot of WvW players are the equivalent skill level of PVE players.

Ele has fundamental problems that keeps it stuck in 2012. It's outdated. Everything does it's job better. DPS, heals, boons. I have not seen one person on this thread, against fixing ele, present an argument that cannot be easily refuted by a long-time, skilled ele player.

Hell, even S7ven could come in here and break down roaming ele builds and why they got outclassed by these PoF classes. He played it throughout all expansions before quitting because the one of maybe two classes that shows actual skill expression is ironically the weakest because Anet is too scared to adjust things accordingly and simply will rather make money off of things that auto-pilot themselves for CASUAL players.