World Linking Error 21 December 2018

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> An error was made in configuring the world links for North America. The list of linked words that was [posted ](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/63915/bug-relink-issue-reports "posted ")on 21 December 2018 was accurate. However, two links – one each meant for the Crystal Desert and Gates of Madness worlds – were accidentally applied to Yak’s Bend. We’re aware of this error and are very sorry that it took place.

>

> Unfortunately, due to technological limitations, we cannot amend this error until the next scheduled reset, which will take place on 28 December 2018. Again, we apologize for this issue and intend to take steps to prevent this sort of problem from happening in the future.

Ok, then who do we bribe to make sure no one fights them, ~~ever, for the next 8 weeks?~~ Cause that's basically a free win ~~each~~ this week unless the other 2 servers always agree (and stick to it) to only attack the 4-strong alliance.

Wonder how this could have been avoided.... oh, maybe ditching links until we're ready to just go to the Alliance System anyway?

{edit}-- Oh, the weekly reset, not the Links reset... ok, that's not as bad. Sorry to those in that matchup, but maybe you all double team the 4-link?

> @"SteepledHat.1345" said:

> I don't understand why this is such a big deal? Seriously, WvW has 0 consequences now. Just go make the best of the situation you find yourself in.

Except of course 10 servers and 3 tiers are affected. 2 servers didn’t get their link in T1 and T4. T3 is a cluster**** with red / blue hopelessly outmanned and green with nothing to do because of q or so little resistance (both sides of t3 match so can see how bad it is for green and blue)

Listening to comments from people, they were looking forward to doing some wvw since they had extra time over the holidays....guess they are feeling pretty disappointed right now.

This response from Anet does nothing but make wvw seem more neglected and disregarded. Not just my thoughts but the thoughts of many of my wvw friends.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"MysticKatz.1708" said:

> > In other words, ANET is on vacation for the holidays for the week so they likely don't have the staff to correct the issue or help in any way. Technical limitations is not likely an issue.

>

> They are fixing it on the 28th

Exactly my point, they are on vacation for the week, so they are not going to fix anything until they return.

> @"Shazmataz.1423" said:

> Listening to comments from people, they were looking forward to doing some wvw since they had extra time over the holidays....guess they are feeling pretty disappointed right now.

>

> This response from Anet does nothing but make wvw seem more neglected and disregarded. Not just my thoughts but the thoughts of many of my wvw friends.

This is exactly it in my case... I got approximately 25 days off work all year up to this point and Monday I start a 7 day! Vacation. Was looking forward to playing but this just ruins it for me.

> An error was made in configuring the world links for North America. The list of linked words that was [posted ](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/63915/bug-relink-issue-reports "posted ")on 21 December 2018 was accurate. However, two links – one each meant for the Crystal Desert and Gates of Madness worlds – were accidentally applied to Yak’s Bend. We’re aware of this error and are very sorry that it took place.

>

> Unfortunately, due to technological limitations, we cannot amend this error until the next scheduled reset, which will take place on 28 December 2018. Again, we apologize for this issue and intend to take steps to prevent this sort of problem from happening in the future.

Thank you for the update and for the abundant amount of patience with us. Hope you and the team have a great holiday!

> @"MysticKatz.1708" said:

> Hopefully they are all enjoying their vacation while the majority of the WvW group will not be able to enjoy their free time to play, except YB server.... of course, they were over stacked last time we matched with them, and now they have taken it to a whole new level. Thanks ANET. Happy Holidays .......

YB player here.. I hate this more than you. I would rather be outnumbered than steamrolling everything.

> @"Kilo.2539" said:

> > @"MysticKatz.1708" said:

> > Hopefully they are all enjoying their vacation while the majority of the WvW group will not be able to enjoy their free time to play, except YB server.... of course, they were over stacked last time we matched with them, and now they have taken it to a whole new level. Thanks ANET. Happy Holidays .......

>

> YB player here.. I hate this more than you. I would rather be outnumbered than steamrolling everything.

It really isn't fun on either side, however it is very clear that Anet is certainly not concerned about the WvW based players. I had taken a break for years from this game, perhaps it is time for another one.

> @"Kilo.2539" said:

> > @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > > @"Ni In.6578" said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" Can CD and GoM get a special title for this mistake: "Lonely"?

> >

> >

> > Why BG was alone for YEARS and never got a title for it.

> >

> >

>

> That’s because they stacked the server and ultimately got us into the mess we’re in today.

> @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> Yeah but then again you have to remember BG also lots about 7 guilds since linking became a thing, so I don't know why everyone is still blaming a server that is only holding on a thin string.

>

> OMG, THEY GOT A LINK sorry you don't like them. And I am happy to see them get a link, their small (er) wvw community has been through hell these last few months to a year losing about 7 guilds and being locked for 2 years straight, no new players. Hell even on the small window of a mistake opening a few months ago, Agg moved over and they left cause they couldn't get their people in...

Lolz... Please stop.

BG was stacked and closed for ages and never lost until, I think it was JQ and SBI stacked, doubled up and beat them one week (cant be stuffed looking back to make sure who it was). When that happened BG started to bleed and lose.... why? Oh yeah because BG had transferred themselves full of players who just wanted to be in T1 and win.

>

Thank you for the update. To bad GW Leadership won't fix their error. I appreciate you staying on top of this issue, you can only do what you can. Merry Xmas.

> @"Lady Sapphirah.6234" said:

> > @"Kilo.2539" said:

> > > @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > > > @"Ni In.6578" said:

> > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" Can CD and GoM get a special title for this mistake: "Lonely"?

> > >

> > >

> > > Why BG was alone for YEARS and never got a title for it.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That’s because they stacked the server and ultimately got us into the mess we’re in today.

>

> > @"Mazreal Blackknight.1564" said:

> > Yeah but then again you have to remember BG also lots about 7 guilds since linking became a thing, so I don't know why everyone is still blaming a server that is only holding on a thin string.

> >

> > OMG, THEY GOT A LINK sorry you don't like them. And I am happy to see them get a link, their small (er) wvw community has been through hell these last few months to a year losing about 7 guilds and being locked for 2 years straight, no new players. Hell even on the small window of a mistake opening a few months ago, Agg moved over and they left cause they couldn't get their people in...

>

> Lolz... Please stop.

>

> BG was stacked and closed for ages and never lost until, I think it was JQ and SBI stacked, doubled up and beat them one week (cant be stuffed looking back to make sure who it was). When that happened BG started to bleed and lose.... why? Oh yeah because BG had transferred themselves full of players who just wanted to be in T1 and win.

Actually it was when KN got their 3 links and SoS had their link so a 5v1 was great fun, they had already lost their guilds and still remained locked. And people had transferred to BG 6 years ago... being locked for nearly the last 3 aside from the small window of opportunity that had zero impact on that server. Seems like a lot of people are just pissy they have a stronger base than most servers, its been years. So please stop trying to make it about being 1 single servers fault for everything wrong with wvw.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" Appreciate the update, and all things considered I think it's fair that it will take a week to address.

Only concern I have is there has allegedly been a large influx of players switch servers to one of these linked servers with YB, and if not taken into account the server that gets linked with that server may be overpowered subsequently. I am not sure about the details, but I think its something that may need to be looked at before the problem is addressed to prevent any other further complications.

Thanks again,

Yender

> @"MysticKatz.1708" said:

> > @"Kilo.2539" said:

> > > @"MysticKatz.1708" said:

> > > Hopefully they are all enjoying their vacation while the majority of the WvW group will not be able to enjoy their free time to play, except YB server.... of course, they were over stacked last time we matched with them, and now they have taken it to a whole new level. Thanks ANET. Happy Holidays .......

> >

> > YB player here.. I hate this more than you. I would rather be outnumbered than steamrolling everything.

>

> It really isn't fun on either side, however it is very clear that Anet is certainly not concerned about the WvW based players. I had taken a break for years from this game, perhaps it is time for another one.

Not that anyone outside the matchup would have been paying atention, but if you check the recent history you'll see that last time YB played SoS YB was destroyed by SoS in what was effectively a two-team match, the third being SoR, which was in total freefall. As a YB player I would say that being overrun for a week and barely owning anything was more fun than this week's reversal. Obviously the ideal would be something in the middle. At least my EBay account got relinked from YB this time so I have an alternative.

I strongly suspect that this week is a foretaste of things to come when (if) the Alliance system comes. It may work in fits and starts but between errors and mistakes, the eight week turnaround and players' inevitably finding ways to game the system, I foresee many bad weeks.

Technical limitations, lol. Don't insult our intelligence, just call it what it is. People are spending time with their families and this isn't important enough to call them back in. Honestly that is fine with me, it's really not that big of a deal, but don't blame it on technical limitations. If it can be fixed on the 28th it could have been fixed on the 21st. Enjoy your holiday Anet but don't be disingenuous about it.

Guys it is one week, seriously stop acting like it is the end of the world, the developers are humans too. We all make mistakes, enjoy the holidays.

You can start raging when they don't fix it next week, but this week seriously chill and relax.

And those who transferred because of one week, I don't know what to say (speechless)

Merry Christmas everyone!

> @"Farout.8207" said:

> Technical limitations, lol. Don't insult our intelligence, just call it what it is. People are spending time with their families and this isn't important enough to call them back in. Honestly that is fine with me, it's really not that big of a deal, but don't blame it on technical limitations. If it can be fixed on the 28th it could have been fixed on the 21st. Enjoy your holiday Anet but don't be disingenuous about it.

>

Well, they can't just flip a switch and do a relinking. That IS a technical limitation. As well as the system that they've worked out. I'm sure the entire cycle would get messed up the moment you relink outside the planned schedule/reset day.