Been out of the game last...4 years?!

Nikki.1475

So.... I've been out of the game for like 4 years! I came back recently with talk of the expansion. Couple things I noticed.... their are mounts, level 80 is not top dog anymore and my map completion was not completed. Interesting....

What is the highest rank now?

Are mounts only with the expansion?

How do you like the new expansion?

Level 80 is and always will be top level. Mounts are exclusive to path of fire. Yes it is very good, just not very focussed in repeat content as much like heart of thorns was.

Your map completion has changed due to a few extra pois and waypoints added for various things. If you were at 100% you wont get rewarded a second time.

Level 80 is the top rank. The numbers you're seeing are mastery levels. Every person who has those numbers is level 80. It's not like leveling because you spend mastery points to get those levels and they only give you specific abilities, based on that mastery, like gliding or the ability to jump further with a raptor mount. It's a form of horiztonal progression. When you see a gold level number, it's always 80.

Mounts are only available with the Path of Fire expansion.

There are two expansions, Heart of Thorns (HoT) and Path of Fire (PoF). Each gives you different things. You get mounts with PoF, but gliding with Heart of Thorns. You get different elite specs with both games. Your ranger can specialize as a druid if you own HoT but a soulbeast if you own PoF. Obviously you can have both, in which case you have access to both.

Both expansions have their own story, give you access to different maps and even different stat sets.

In addition, between expansions there's the Living World, free if you're here and logging in, but purchased seperately if your'e not. For example you have the current episode unlocked just by logging in now.

However, without the expansions you can't play the Living World Season 3 or 4 either. You need HoT to play Living World Season 3 and PoF To play Living World Season 4.

What do I think of the expansions? Over all I prefer HoT to PoF, which is harder and more complicated to navigate, but I like the big meta events and I like the complexity. PoF is more friendly generally for solo and exploration. They're both harder than core Tyria. But yeah I like them both, for very different reasons.

> @"Nikki.1475" said:

> So.... I've been out of the game for like 4 years! I came back recently with talk of the expansion. Couple things I noticed.... their are mounts, level 80 is not top dog anymore and my map completion was not completed. Interesting....

> What is the highest rank now?

> Are mounts only with the expansion?

> How do you like the new expansion?

Lvl 80 is still top.

You get mounts in PoF expansion, you can use them everywhere tho.

PoF is very nice too look at, beautiful maps. Content is bit low tho.

HoT is ugly, but with better content, however you have to repeat a lot of it for certain things.

GW2 is still going, and still good.

> @"Clyan.1593" said:

> > @"Nikki.1475" said:

> > So.... I've been out of the game for like 4 years! I came back recently with talk of the expansion. Couple things I noticed.... their are mounts, level 80 is not top dog anymore and my map completion was not completed. Interesting....

> > What is the highest rank now?

> > Are mounts only with the expansion?

> > How do you like the new expansion?

>

> Lvl 80 is still top.

> You get mounts in PoF expansion, you can use them everywhere tho.

> PoF is very nice too look at, beautiful maps. Content is bit low tho.

> HoT is ugly, but with better content, however you have to repeat a lot of it for certain things.

> GW2 is still going, and still good.

How HoT is ugly?!

> @"InvaGir.9158" said:

> > @"Clyan.1593" said:

> > > @"Nikki.1475" said:

> > > So.... I've been out of the game for like 4 years! I came back recently with talk of the expansion. Couple things I noticed.... their are mounts, level 80 is not top dog anymore and my map completion was not completed. Interesting....

> > > What is the highest rank now?

> > > Are mounts only with the expansion?

> > > How do you like the new expansion?

> >

> > Lvl 80 is still top.

> > You get mounts in PoF expansion, you can use them everywhere tho.

> > PoF is very nice too look at, beautiful maps. Content is bit low tho.

> > HoT is ugly, but with better content, however you have to repeat a lot of it for certain things.

> > GW2 is still going, and still good.

>

> How HoT is ugly?!

>

Yeah, that's very subjective. Personally, I don't like running around in HoT, but I think that the design there is marvelous.

Addendum: Mounts/gliders need the correct expansion to unlock, but once you have them they are account wide so even your newest characters can use them in core Tyria (and in the opposite expansion). There are some places they won't work, eg vanilla story instances, dungeons, and such, and some core areas that block them near jumping puzzles, but they are not restricted only to the expansion areas.

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> Addendum: Mounts/gliders need the correct expansion to unlock, but once you have them they are account wide so even your newest characters can use them in core Tyria (and in the opposite expansion). There are some places they won't work, eg vanilla story instances, dungeons, and such, and some core areas that block them near jumping puzzles, but they are not restricted only to the expansion areas.

Having mounts can make traveling through HoT a bit easier, that's true.