Winter *celebrations*

Smeerlap.2698

> if I go to a restaurant to eat steak.. I don't want the waiter to bring me pancakes and burrito's fist just because they taste nice and enjoyable... or because it's the cheaper option.

Apparently, though, you seem to think that you shouldn't pay extra for steak & champagne compared to pancakes & burritos. Or that going to the fancy restaurant isn't going to mean paying much much more than going to the neighborhood taqueria. Or that a restaurant can't decide to offer a fancy New Year's Even meal that is 5x more expensive than you'd consider paying for dinner.

No one is saying the OP can't have an opinion. Folks are saying that they don't share that opinion, particularly since it appears based on some misunderstandings.

> @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

>have you understood any words of the OP .

> I should just be quiet and hold my tong .. because the smart people here know how it goes , and how it's goes should not be questioned.

You are the OP, why are you referring to yourself in the 3rd person? Also if you want to go that route feel free, but that just shows that you can't seem to grasp the concept of the item at all. When 15 people in a room understand something and try to explain it to the 1 person who doesn't, its not the 15 people that are wrong.

> @"sevenDEADLY.5281" said:

> > @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

> >have you understood any words of the OP .

> > I should just be quiet and hold my tong .. because the smart people here know how it goes , and how it's goes should not be questioned.

>

> You are the OP, why are you referring to yourself in the 3rd person? Also if you want to go that route feel free, but that just shows that you can't seem to grasp the concept of the item at all. When 15 people in a room understand something and try to explain it to the 1 person who doesn't, its not the 15 people that are wrong.

>

>

Op can mean original poster but it can also mean the original post. I think he means the latter.

> @"sevenDEADLY.5281" said:

> > @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

> >have you understood any words of the OP .

> > I should just be quiet and hold my tong .. because the smart people here know how it goes , and how it's goes should not be questioned.

>

> You are the OP, why are you referring to yourself in the 3rd person? Also if you want to go that route feel free, but that just shows that you can't seem to grasp the concept of the item at all. When 15 people in a room understand something and try to explain it to the 1 person who doesn't, its not the 15 people that are wrong.

>

>

Original Post - that is what I am referring too, sorry English is not my main language.

But once again for you, this is not about being right or wrong, I am not trying to convince anyone. I am just stating that event / festival items should not be this costly.. just MY opinion.

It's JUST a skin and nothing more, not a legendary item.. like also I mentioned I farmed for 12 months to craft 2 legendary, even if I still had to dual wield my credit card in the end.

In one previous event I got a *big wind catcher* back item, no insane cost, achievable in a few days.. why should this one be any different.

I bought one legendary straight up this week, have no problem with that.. I gladly support this game.

It's like anything that is even remotely interesting or *nice* Arena-net slaps an insane price tag to it, that's why I say maybe give BACK for once in my Original Post.

I am sure Arena-net makes a TON of money from the Gem store.

Is it so complicated to have a *nice* event item, whatever it is achievable or obtainable for everyone (within a reasonable amount of time, not years) .

And tbh this will only motivate people to keep playing the game, and spend some cash in the gems tore.

Is it so that to enjoy - celebrate- is dependable how big your wallet is, don't want to sound like a guru trying to change to cruel world .. just Arena-net to give back once in a while.. it's the players who support you, never forget.

> @"Smeerlap.2698" said:

> What am i talking about, Dear Arena-net / developers, in the spirit of Christmas and all that.. is this really necessary to put a 1000g material price tag on just ONE skin, isn't this truly ridiculous?.

No, it is not. You can achieve this over the course of several Wintersdays, you don't have to finish it at once. Also, it is supposed to be special - so it has its price, namely that it requires effort on your end. Like with everything special in this game, no? Or else everyone would walk around with similar gear, now how boring would that be.