How much longer until the next "No Downstate" event?

Mighty Cole.7849

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

>

> Which doesnt at all apply to what someone expecting the "downstate gimmick" to go away would see, I assume?

>

> Either way, 1 week isnt nearly enough to see a real shift in the meta. Most in my guild thought it was great the first half of the week - the second half... not so much. We just wanted it to end. Because then you really started to see the effects of it. Smallscale turned from exciting skirmishes to gank parties and then the fight was over before it even began. Large scale went from long battles to quick one pushes and that was the end of that fight. When zergs came back it was shorter but more fights which was good in the short run, unfortunetly most didnt - instead the churn just turned up a notch and people left quicker, ending up in even more unbalanced one pushes and zergs leaving quicker.

>

> The winners probably had a great time though.

Oh, I expected to see more ganky stuff too. However i've spent the entire game playing thief/ranger in a small guild and know the majority of regular gank players by sight/guild/rank/ability.... So knowing what I expected, I looked specifically for new toons I didnt recognize ;)

I guess if you were reliant on downstate then small skirmishes became unfun. For me it was like the start of the game when my mostly thief havok group used to every day have the most exciting fights with similar guilds. I find the mini zerg comps to be incredibly dull and boring and very much missed the fast paced one mistake and youre done which was the old gank fights.

As far as zerging, it did make the smaller or less skilled side a little hesitant. In a game with absolutely no repercussions for dying other than a short walk from the wp, I wonder if no downstate from the start would have made a difference there. Why be scared of dying if you arent going to personally lose anything? I have to say that after the usual 10m staring match across the 1500 no mans land it was nice to actually have people kitten dying, instead of the nonsense we have now of losing 5 people on a push then running back to your keep/spawn. I zerged mostly on rev and felt like I paid more attention and got a little more excitement knowing my safety nets were mostly off. It 'felt' like we had a lot more fights that week, but my brains a normal one too so who knows.

One thing I can say for sure many of us who sometimes play ele didn't do so that week. The problem wasn't thieves or mesmers. It was rangers. When I was on my ranger there was dead eles everywhere, it was hilarious watching them realize vapour form wasn't a thing. Ranger would need some serous toning down or ele more survivability with no down state.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> I hope it's not going to come until freaking onehit deadeye is nerfed to the ground

DE is long not the only problem. They are actually weaker than some others, especially since DJ can be blocked again (silly thing). Virtually everything needs to be toned down.

I'm running around on my alt with medium armour 3325, 22k health pool and a warrior can almost one-hit kill me.

Exactly what is the armour stat in the game for again?