Your Unpopular Opinions about something in GW2

- race change should be a thing

- desert is boring

- Piss upon Joko

- raids should never happen

- wings (backpiece) are lame (capes would be better)

- each episode doesn't need new map

- expansion > living story

- gw2 community is not nicer than any other community, if the game gives people a reason to be kittens, they will be kittens

- Jahai Bluffs is one of the worst map

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* So many interactions can "take resources out of the bank" (e.g. buying Tomes of Knowledge at Miyani), only charging quartz requires you to have 25 quartz crystals in you backpack

* There is no consistency whether a node recharges on a global reset (every day) or on a individual 24h timer (looking at "fields" and "rich nodes")

* Making three different hit point classes on top of the three armour classes is the root of all evil for balance in the game

* Griffon races and beetle races suck!

* Visual effects on harvesting tools are annoying all the time

* Anet should have never put all of those oversized and glowing backpacks and armour pieces in the game, because 90% of players have proven they have not an ounce of aesthetics and style

* Why in Dwayna's name aren't there any reset nodes in instances any more, when achievements are designed to fail within the blink of an eye (latest offender "Scion & Champion", first Trial)

* Having to hover over those yellow achievement icons that suddenly pop up (to see what you are about to fail) is stupid, distracting and immersion breaking. Either don't allow any extra achievements on the first play-through or make a small pop up window at the beginning of each instance that tells you what extra challenges to expect.

> @"Pathfinder.8561" said:

> It's already PC. Women can be more naked than the men, there are more lesbians than gays, and the women have more customization than men and that's a problem. I do understand what your saying but everything is gonna be PC whether you like it or not. Not to mention its just basic equality.

None of those have to do with being 'PC'. I would frankly argue the opposite. Women being more naked/allowed more customization than male characters has everything to do with catering to a straight male audience. Arguably the same can be said about there being more lesbian characters than gay male characters; lesbians are more 'palatable' to straight men (as long as they're conventionally attractive, of course, can't have none of those butch lesbians after all). Why would they have gay male characters or skimpy male armor when they won't sell? The lesbians already had homophobes complaining about gayness being 'shoved down their throats', can you imagine the butthurt if there was a main gay couple? Ho man. The tears would be incredible.

Mind that I agree with you. I would love more gay male characters and skimpy male armor. It's just probably not going to happen any time soon because straight dudes yada yada yada

(obligatory disclaimer: I have nothing against straight dudes, this is just how stuff works)

No one wanted the commanders to have a relationship, so why want NPC's to be snogging all over the place? I just don't think *this* game is suitable to be this heavy on the gender/sexual issues of the day. The first game had the smallest touch of a'relationship' between NPC's but it was in the background. Hell Even with Aion with all it's next to nothing clothed , big chested woman and men with packages had side quests regarding a relationship between two races. However it was a *side* quest, you didn't have to do them.

> @"kettering.6823" said:

> Mind that I agree with you. I would love more gay male characters and skimpy male armor. It's just probably not going to happen any time soon because straight dudes yada yada yada

>

> (obligatory disclaimer: I have nothing against straight dudes, this is just how stuff works)

So basically ur implying straight dude = homophobic. But hey nothing against straight dudes this is just how stuff works yada yada ;)

> @"Noa.7490" said:

> - This game needs to reconnect wit what made GW so much fun.

This is an entirely different game than GW1, so there should not be anything reconnecting to it. If ANet had called GW2 by some other name, then the cries for cohesion with its predecessor would be as irrelevant as they ought to be.

Those players who enjoy GW1 and want to turn GW2 into GW1 should just play GW1 and let those players who enjoy GW2 as designed play GW2. How often do we see threads asking for GW1 to transmute into GW2?

(Hey, it's an unpopular opinion thread, right?)

> @"Chasind.3128" said:

> > @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> > The constant pile of NPC ally bodies generated by the story has little to no shock value. Lore seems to get trotted out merely so ANet can kill it.

>

> This isn't an opinion though, it's a fact

It almost feels like a ploy to make a GW3.

Step 1: Establish *some* new lore on the bones of GW1.

Step 2: Trot out old lore for cheap squeals, then kill it so it can't come back.

Step 3: Squeak out a little new lore.

Step 4: Leave dead Tyria behind for a new continent entirely in GW3.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Noa.7490" said:

> > - This game needs to reconnect wit what made GW so much fun.

> This is an entirely different game than GW1, so there should not be anything reconnecting to it. If ANet had called GW2 by some other name, then the cries for cohesion with its predecessor would be as irrelevant as they ought to be.

>

> Those players who enjoy GW1 and want to turn GW2 into GW1 should just play GW1 and let those players who enjoy GW2 as designed play GW2. How often do we see threads asking for GW1 to transmute into GW2?

>

> (Hey, it's an unpopular opinion thread, right?)

>

I'm «mostly» talking about the gameplay, and the game's skills mechanics.

PvP is good.

Condi is ok, Power is ok, balance is ok, population is ok.

There are just a lot of crybabies around here who can't deal with a counter/bad luck in ranked games.

And everybody tries to pass the fault of loosing to someone else (speak: "it's my teams fault, I carried hard, I belong in plat 3, not gold 1, 50% winrate is forced, blablabla)

If you have 50% winrate, you are exactly where you belong. Improve or stay there, but don't flame, blame and shame