Has Canach officially joined Dragon's Watch? [Minor/vague spoilers]

Back in Season 3 we hear Canach turn down a place in the guild (Episode 4, the "Confessor's End" instance):

> Commander: So...no Dragon's Watch in your future?

> Canach: Regretfully...I've been under someone's yoke for too long. It's high time I walk as my own sylvari for a while.

> Commander: Well, being in the guild doesn't mean...but, I understand. Thanks for everything, Canach. You've been a good friend.

> Canach: Oh, don't start weeping about it. I'm sure our paths will cross again.

However, it seems like he's as likely to be with us as some of our already-official members lately - especially in this episode, where he's in charge of running a tournament, participates in a meta event, is in several story instances, and plays a rather large role at the end.

Did he ever officially join Dragon's Watch, and if so, did it have any real implications for him?

It obviously hasn't happened on-screen, was just wondering about behind-the-scenes. It's a small detail that may not warrant an in-game mention due to the sheer amount of hectic stuff being packed into the story. I do expect that it would be exactly as it is now. We don't seem the type to pull rank on him and force him to do things, as our own second line from the quote implies. The man seems perfectly happy to just follow us around and blow things up - and judging from his gambling luck, he doesn't need any financial support. Heck, *he* could fund *us.*

I'm not sure why he'd join if it would just be the same as things are now, unless he just wanted to strut around and puff himself up as the member of a famous guild ;)

It would just be nice to have it clarified, for wiki consistency if nothing else.

Unfortunately we haven't seen a scene of Canach officially joining Dragon's Watch as he only joined our side in the Balthazar campaign out of boredom (and to ensure he'd win a bet he'd made about us succeed in taking down Balthazar, which was later extended to include Kralkatorrik as well). However, one of ArenaNet tweets leading to Christmas included [this lovely season's greetings card from Dragon's Watch](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Dragons_Watch_Wintersday.jpg) which shows Canach among other guildies (except for Braham), so it seems to suggest Canach has officially joined the guild if such tweets are considered canonical (another curious addition being a tweet throwback video showing [baby Aurene visiting Divinity's Reach](

) with an Exalted caretaker during one of the earlier Wintersdays). :)

hes "officially" joined Dragons Watchs in the begin of Path of Fire.

> Lady Kasmeer Meade: **You should join us**. We were just about to meet with—

(...)

> Lady Kasmeer Meade: Gentlemen, lets keep it civil. How about it, Canach?

> Canach: **While my freedom's been gratifying, it's also a little boring. This is much more interesting.**

> Canach: Besides, I may have made a wager that the slayer of Elder Dragons can take down a god—and I intend to collect.

> : What are the odds?

> Canach: (chuckles) Lets not jinx it, Commander.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Blazing_a_Trail

He's an ally but not an official member.

Canach likes his freedom. "Fine, I'll help you, but not because you said so, Commander-kun!" Basically, he's a tsundere.

But in all seriousness, I really like his current dynamic. The Sylvaris were an oddball race in the first place, and I feel he represents them very well with his wooden cynicism and thorny edge. He's always on the fringe of things, self-interested and neutral. In many ways the polar opposite of what Sylvari were like at launch, but I feel that better represents a post-mordremoth era. If you're been paying attention since LS3 released, Sylvari are much more rare on Tyria, and they're barely even featured in the Pact anymore. There for, Canach's sly personality where you're never sure whether to fully trust him or not is extremely fitting for Sylvari today, and why he is such a great rep.

> @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> He's an ally but not an official member.

>

> Canach likes his freedom. "Fine, I'll help you, but not because you said so, Commander-kun!" Basically, he's a tsundere.

>

> But in all seriousness, I really like his current dynamic. The Sylvaris were an oddball race in the first place, and I feel he represents them very well with his wooden cynicism and thorny edge. He's always on the fringe of things, self-interested and neutral. In many ways the polar opposite of what Sylvari were like at launch, but I feel that better represents a post-mordremoth era. If you're been paying attention since LS3 released, Sylvari are much more rare on Tyria, and they're barely even featured in the Pact anymore. There for, Canach's sly personality where you're never sure whether to fully trust him or not is extremely fitting for Sylvari today, and why he is such a great rep.

There are so many things that could be taken as an official 'yes' or 'no' in the dialogue, and some could just be chalked up to normal figures of speech rather than asking him to actually join the guild. Then there are things like the Dragon's Watch Wintersday card, which show him on them (magnificently blown up to be Rytlock-sized, I might add - I feel like he has some misgrievances over his height. I adore him no matter his official state, and yes, I think you're right about tsundere morally-grey ally being good sylvari rep at the moment.

> @"Andrew Gray.5816" said:

> Canach's relationship status with Dragon's Watch is "It's complicated."

>

> Maybe that time shackled in a cell has him afraid of being tied down.

Sounds right on both counts, good to have an official word! As long as he shows up from time to time to offer explosives, sarcasm, and - was that actual concern I detected at the end of this episode? *mock gasp* - I'm happy to call the status anything at all.

(Seriously though, thanks for the arc and the dialogue for this guy - he's one of the more developed characters, and while he's not a knight in shining armor, you don't need to be in order to make a difference.)