Thunderhead Peaks Meta

> @"Darlgon.9273" said:

> Can you explain the reasoning behind making players have to fight thru two Meta events to get the big daily chest for the zone?

> Thanks

They usually tie big chest behind events bosses etc, some of the rest every couple of hours, some reset daily.

The 2 metas are kinda small tbh (not really on the scale and leinght of the hot masrerclass content) so doing both is prob fine.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Darlgon.9273" said:

> Can you explain the reasoning behind making players have to fight thru two Meta events to get the big daily chest for the zone?

> Thanks

When designing content we want to make sure we are moving players around the map and encouraging them to play the content. We knew we wanted to give rewards for each meta, but we wanted to give extra incentive for doing both. :)

Id say a 2 hour cycle is a tad harsh though for open world content. It has caused an outpouring of frustration in map chat every day i log in to it. And i sympathise with it even though it doesnt iverly bother me.

It possibly might have eased things to have more content in the map. It is quite empty and there are very few events with barely any chains to upsell the stories. You hit winners with Jahai and Sandswept, but there was so much more potential to explore in such a historically rich area.

I will point out there was a cool story in the exalted who had to take out his maker. That was a nice mini story, its just a shame it is timed group event. Given its out of the way location, it prob would have been better as a solo event. I have yet to get anyone on the map to either assist or stick around after seeing the difficulty of so many elite adds.

Yeah the timer isnt necessarily a bad thing, but these metas are nothing like their hot counterparts where u see such timers.

If the metas were much more leinghty and involved then i feel like the timer would feel as meh.

Or if like with the hot ones and silverwastes there was a buildup to the metas.

Basically im just asking for more hotlike metas haha

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Id say a 2 hour cycle is a tad harsh though for open world content.

We opted for inventory items specifically so you could do one meta one day and the second on another day, and save the plate for whenever you have time to do the puzzle room section. It allows you to complete the full cycle in a single day or three ~30 minute sessions spread out across multiple days. Both metas also have their own chest, event rewards and monster drops for that immediate reward, we just wanted you to be able to do the "chest run" when you had the time to devote to it since the "hunting" nature of it is a bit more time consuming than something like Auric Basin.