EB the new EOTM & why eotm should have pips.

Rumba.3174

Eotm was farming pve map and it pissed me really out to see some people reaching diamond playing only this map achieving nothing for their server just farming the ranks and that was BS over 9000 so no pips whatsoever on this lame map. (unless you make it the 3rd BL map replacing one of the 2 alpine.)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EoTM is not WvW. It was never intended to be. It is mechanically different in many ways. There is no reason to implement a pip system so people can have an easier time organizing a brain dead ktrain again.

Furthermore EoTM was never healthy for the game overall...So often in EoTM I would think to myself...Good God what is wrong with these people, how can they be this kitten bad? Let me tell you why, because they were rewarded for it, so there was no incentive to improve or learn.

In WvW, if you want to keep using your zerker gear, magic find food, and pve builds, then you deserve to get run over and earn nothing for it. And yes you deserve to get called out for it, because it is about competitive team play, and selfish players who just want to chase shinies don't deserve special treatment either.

> @Rumba.3174 said:

> > @Blodeuyn.2751 said:

> > > @Rumba.3174 said:

> > > > @XenesisII.1540 said:

> > > > Eotm was only ever meant to be a place for players to play when they were stuck in queue, not a different mode.

> > > In the beginning yes but time has changed, it's become something of it's own.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > > @Blodeuyn.2751 said:

> > > > EoTM is not wvw and rightly should not be treated as such.

> > > That's like saying Dugeons are not PvE

> >

> > EoTM score doesn't count for wvw, nothing you do in EoTM affects wvw score. There aren't even servers in EoTM as there are in wvw. The only thing you get is maybe supply drop in wvw citadel. So no, EoTM is not wvw and therefore should not get pips.

>

> Thats like saying; Fractals are not PvE cos nothing you do in Fractals will effect PvE thus it's not PvE.

I do not think "like" means what you think it means. EotM does now have any weight to it compared to regular WvW because it does not effect the war score. With no warning score value, you have no pip value.

Your PvE comparison was completely irrational because neither fractals nor other aspects of PvE offer competitive pip value.

It's nothing more than a he said she said argument that loops back onto itself.

He: I don't care about rewards, I just want fights

She: I do care about rewards, dont mind fights per se, but would like to have more options as far as type and location of said fights and earning my rewards while still enjoying the game mode.

He: But, Eotm is not part of the Mist war

She: Eotm is part of wvw though, the wiki (written by players that also say eotm isn't wvw) says so.

He: Eotm doesn't contribute to the warscore, doesn't have skirmishes or pips, these things are all apart of wvw.

She: Skirmishes and warscore were introduced alittle over a year ago, and pips were added this year, if these are the things that define wvw, one could say wvw itself didn't exist prior to the introduction of these things.

The time to reconsile this difference of opinion has passed, players will always use relatively new stuff to write off something that's been in place much longer, never considering the fact that maybe in trying something new or revamping something old, everyone could eventually benefit in some way shape or form.

Really, who cares what EOTM is or isn't, the question should be SINCE we have it, what can we do with it?

> @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > @Aeolus.3615 said:

> > Eotm needs to be removed from the game ._.

> Or normal WvW needs to be removed.

If that change really happen i would not be suprised...

Still i can imagine something good happening from it

Oh, cant u imagine players on one side ktraining and sudently there was a group on the other side craeting resistance??

i once cleared a ktrain on eotm with a sup ac's on a gate, some one on the other side took my name and told them to pm me.. was funny how many "go back to pvp noob" alike comments were spammed xD

Oh! some one were pm me how i was ruining their fun... this is what gw2 is built for.. mehgggg :S

> @HazyDaisy.4107 said:

> It's nothing more than a he said she said argument that loops back onto itself.

>

> He: I don't care about rewards, I just want fights

> She: I do care about rewards, dont mind fights per se, but would like to have more options as far as type and location of said fights and earning my rewards while still enjoying the game mode.

>

> He: But, Eotm is not part of the Mist war

> She: Eotm is part of wvw though, the wiki (written by players that also say eotm isn't wvw) says so.

>

> He: Eotm doesn't contribute to the warscore, doesn't have skirmishes or pips, these things are all apart of wvw.

> She: Skirmishes and warscore were introduced alittle over a year ago, and pips were added this year, if these are the things that define wvw, one could say wvw itself didn't exist prior to the introduction of these things.

>

> The time to reconsile this difference of opinion has passed, players will always use relatively new stuff to write off something that's been in place much longer, never considering the fact that maybe in trying something new or revamping something old, everyone could eventually benefit in some way shape or form.

>

> Really, who cares what EOTM is or isn't, the question should be SINCE we have it, what can we do with it?

Each gamemode has 1 way to obtain Legendary armor and and the associated rewards for each subset of modes. EotM isn’t its own gamemode so it doesn’t get a way to acquire Mist War Rewards, EotM is a Map Queue overflow nothing more nothing less, as stated by Devs, it’s like people saying Hot Join or Unranked should get League Rewards.

If you want the rewards from a specific gamemode play the the subset that gives hose rewards, it’s really simple, and he majority of WvW players agree as do the Devs.

I wouldn´t mind if they could farm pips in eotm .. more and more players come to wvw and dont give a shit about proper playing but standing around somewhere on the map causing qs and keeping servers set to "full" bcz of pips .. ok sometimes they flip a camp .. that´s all .. i don´t want such clowns in wvw because it disturbs the players which want to play seriously .. ok condispam meta is part of the things makes wvw a joke too but that´s a different story ..

> @HazyDaisy.4107 said:

> Really, who cares what EOTM is or isn't, the question should be SINCE we have it, what can we do with it?

Nothing needs to be done, EoTM was created for a purpose and that's the only purpose it should serve. It is a kind of extension of a game mode, it is not supposed to overtake it. People can always play in it, and can even progress reward tracks and earn WxP, that's enough.

> @primatos.5413 said:

> I wouldn´t mind if they could farm pips in eotm .. more and more players come to wvw and dont give a kitten about proper playing but standing around somewhere on the map causing qs and keeping servers set to "full" bcz of pips .. ok sometimes they flip a camp .. that´s all .. i don´t want such clowns in wvw because it disturbs the players which want to play seriously .. ok condispam meta is part of the things makes wvw a joke too but that´s a different story ..

If even 25% of them develop an interest in the game mode it's a success.

We need to continue to offer assistance. And not in a 'you stink git gud' way.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Anet has made their position clear on no pips in EoTM (it's not technically possible). The whole argument is moot. It. Is. Not. Technically. Possible. EoTM simply does not work like wvw (Mist War).

_"Skirmishes are only part of The Mist War and not part of EoTM. Because of that pips cannot be earned while in EoTM." - McKenna Berdrow - https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/New-WvW-blog-post-June-1-2017/page/2_

If you want to make a new argument for a different type of reward in EoTM go right ahead, but no to pips.

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> Nothing needs to be done, EoTM was created for a purpose and that's the only purpose it should serve. It is a kind of extension of a game mode, it is not supposed to overtake it. People can always play in it, and can even progress reward tracks and earn WxP, that's enough.

Also, this.

> @Rumba.3174 said:

> > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > @Rumba.3174 said:

> > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > @Rumba.3174 said:

> > > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > > > @Rumba.3174 said:

> > > > > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Rumba.3174 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @atticus.5284 said:

> > > > > > > > > > WvW + its modes

> > > > > > > > > > * Core WvW

> > > > > > > > > > ~~* Edge of the mists~~

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Only one correction - Edge of the mists is not WvW

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Right... cos you don't get wxp nor have ranks and Abilites there. Heck eotm is not even in the WvW tab.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Again you want Mist War Rewards for not playing the Mist War, again that's like asking for Raid Rewards to be handed out in Dungeons because they are both PvE

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No it's like asking both stronghold and conquest to get the pip system.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Which is still the same as asking Raid Rewards in Dungeons since they are both PvE.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just because Stronghold is PvP doesn't mean it gets the League Rewards.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > See how there are main Gamemodes with subsets under them? See how each subset has different rewards? See how Mist Wars is completely different from EotM?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again it's not a difficult concept EotM doesn't = The Mist award so EotM doesn't get the Mist War Rewards.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They both fall under WvW but again the Pips are Mist War exclusive as stated by the Devs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again a very simple concept.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And one last time, EotM is there as an overflow while players wait for queue into The Mist Wars.

> > > > >

> > > > > No it's like asking diffrent raid wings to have simluar loot. it's like asking diffrent dungeons have simular loot.

> > > > > See how unfair it is to those who want to pug wvw? See why the queues are so high? See why eotm lost players?

> > > > > Again a very simple concept.

> > > >

> > > > No it's like you asking Unranked gets Ranked League Rewards.

> > > >

> > > > See they are both sPvP but they are different and have different rewards, just likeThe Mist Wars and EotM.

> > > >

> > > > You seem to be stretching here you keep claiming that Since EotM falls under WvW that it should get The Mist Wars Rewards, yet try to claim is different from if Unranked got League Rewards, and if Dungeons got Raid Rewards because you know they are both PvE.

> > > >

> > > > Remember EotM is just an queue overflow that functions on the fundamental level completely differently than The Mist War, and why they have separate rewards, just like those other examples.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > The Pips aren't WvW rewards they are Mist War Rewards.

> > > >

> > > > Again it's a very simple concept even a skritt can understand.

> > > >

> > >

> > > As i said many many times eotm has become something of it's own with time, yes dev made it do be a overflow for the que but that's not what it ended up to be in the community. You seem to be stuck in 2014 when eotm came out. It's so simple that even a 5 year old can understand things change with time.

> >

> > EotM still isn’t part of ThebMist Wars since is is fundamentally completely different from WvW, that it doesn’t get the rewards.

> >

> > It’s so simple to understand.

> >

> > And EotM hasn’t changed it’s literally stayed the same especially with the advent of the pip system it’s still just an overflow for the queue system. Sorry but there have been zero hanged to EotM since it shipped, besides the Livins World Season 1 events being removed, and the General WvW rework,(note how I said WvW not Mist War).

> >

> > Again EotM is nothing more than an overflow that isn’t part of The Mist War and doesn’t get the Mist War Rewards, no matter how much certain people complain about it.

> >

> > Again show how EotM has changed and where the Devs have stated EotM has changed and that it serves a different purpose than what it was originally designed/intended for. I’ll wait.

> >

> >

>

> Have you even been in eotm the past year?

> How does it hurt anybody to have pips/nerfed pips in eotm? I'll wait.

It's easy. If you add pips to EotM it will take players that want easier pips out of WvW. Taking players out of WvW is the exact opposite of what ANet wants. If you are on a server that queues 4 maps consistently you are on BG. Move off BG.

> @Kaiser.9873 said:

> > @Rumba.3174 said:

> > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > @Rumba.3174 said:

> > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > > @Rumba.3174 said:

> > > > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > > > > @Rumba.3174 said:

> > > > > > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Rumba.3174 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @atticus.5284 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > WvW + its modes

> > > > > > > > > > > * Core WvW

> > > > > > > > > > > ~~* Edge of the mists~~

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Only one correction - Edge of the mists is not WvW

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Right... cos you don't get wxp nor have ranks and Abilites there. Heck eotm is not even in the WvW tab.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Again you want Mist War Rewards for not playing the Mist War, again that's like asking for Raid Rewards to be handed out in Dungeons because they are both PvE

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No it's like asking both stronghold and conquest to get the pip system.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Which is still the same as asking Raid Rewards in Dungeons since they are both PvE.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just because Stronghold is PvP doesn't mean it gets the League Rewards.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > See how there are main Gamemodes with subsets under them? See how each subset has different rewards? See how Mist Wars is completely different from EotM?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Again it's not a difficult concept EotM doesn't = The Mist award so EotM doesn't get the Mist War Rewards.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They both fall under WvW but again the Pips are Mist War exclusive as stated by the Devs.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Again a very simple concept.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And one last time, EotM is there as an overflow while players wait for queue into The Mist Wars.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No it's like asking diffrent raid wings to have simluar loot. it's like asking diffrent dungeons have simular loot.

> > > > > > See how unfair it is to those who want to pug wvw? See why the queues are so high? See why eotm lost players?

> > > > > > Again a very simple concept.

> > > > >

> > > > > No it's like you asking Unranked gets Ranked League Rewards.

> > > > >

> > > > > See they are both sPvP but they are different and have different rewards, just likeThe Mist Wars and EotM.

> > > > >

> > > > > You seem to be stretching here you keep claiming that Since EotM falls under WvW that it should get The Mist Wars Rewards, yet try to claim is different from if Unranked got League Rewards, and if Dungeons got Raid Rewards because you know they are both PvE.

> > > > >

> > > > > Remember EotM is just an queue overflow that functions on the fundamental level completely differently than The Mist War, and why they have separate rewards, just like those other examples.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > The Pips aren't WvW rewards they are Mist War Rewards.

> > > > >

> > > > > Again it's a very simple concept even a skritt can understand.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > As i said many many times eotm has become something of it's own with time, yes dev made it do be a overflow for the que but that's not what it ended up to be in the community. You seem to be stuck in 2014 when eotm came out. It's so simple that even a 5 year old can understand things change with time.

> > >

> > > EotM still isn’t part of ThebMist Wars since is is fundamentally completely different from WvW, that it doesn’t get the rewards.

> > >

> > > It’s so simple to understand.

> > >

> > > And EotM hasn’t changed it’s literally stayed the same especially with the advent of the pip system it’s still just an overflow for the queue system. Sorry but there have been zero hanged to EotM since it shipped, besides the Livins World Season 1 events being removed, and the General WvW rework,(note how I said WvW not Mist War).

> > >

> > > Again EotM is nothing more than an overflow that isn’t part of The Mist War and doesn’t get the Mist War Rewards, no matter how much certain people complain about it.

> > >

> > > Again show how EotM has changed and where the Devs have stated EotM has changed and that it serves a different purpose than what it was originally designed/intended for. I’ll wait.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Have you even been in eotm the past year?

> > How does it hurt anybody to have pips/nerfed pips in eotm? I'll wait.

>

> It's easy. If you add pips to EotM it will take players that want easier pips out of WvW. Taking players out of WvW is the exact opposite of what ANet wants. If you are on a server that queues 4 maps consistently you are on BG. Move off BG.

I agree with the move if your server ques 4 maps. I just disagree that it is BG. Reset, yes. Otherwise... MAYBE a Saturday afternoon...

But yeah, move if your ques make you sad.

> It's easy. If you add pips to EotM it will take players that want easier pips out of WvW. Taking players out of WvW is the exact opposite of what ANet wants. If you are on a server that queues 4 maps consistently you are on BG. Move off BG.

Yeah cos what Anet wants is what wvwers want xD

Yes let’s move guilds away from a server and start over to just wait for the loot whores come and bandwagon, and do it over and over again.... very clever.....

> @Rumba.3174 said:

> > It's easy. If you add pips to EotM it will take players that want easier pips out of WvW. Taking players out of WvW is the exact opposite of what ANet wants. If you are on a server that queues 4 maps consistently you are on BG. Move off BG.

>

> Yeah cos what Anet wants is what wvwers want xD

> Yes let’s move guilds away from a server and start over to just wait for the loot kitten come and bandwagon, and do it over and over again.... very clever.....

Well if ANet population counter worked even like B Rated game would this wouldn't even be a issue. If the population cap for x server is just for example 150. Then anyone after 150 is locked from joining said server. However we all know ANet's population cap is a malfunctional 3 third rate at best limiter. So instead of closing things off at the said numbers. It allow overflow for a certain amount of time afterwards before it even checks to say. "Oh wait this server is full lock it down." Like other decent games do. Which is the cause of this problem to begin with.

The problem imho seems soo dumb to the point it was intentional. To stack one of two servers to untouchable status, population/coverage wise. Which is why BG is the only server now that can win 90% of time. Not due to skill, but due to a fault in the system, that the devs refuses to correct. Like any decent dev team in other MMOs or games would have. The fact that ANet does make money off of the bandwagon transfers don't help their case either. However slim free money is free money.