Full counter balance

Solzero.5380

> @Choppy.4183 said:

> Also, since your avatar suggests you might play engineer, compare the stats for Full Counter against the stats for Electro-Whirl (scrapper hammer). Though EW does more damage and has a shorter cd, I'm sure most people would say FC is better. Nevertheless, damage-wise, is someone screwed if they eat an EW? No.

Nice Chewbacca defense.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @schloumou.3982 said:

> > @Choppy.4183 said:

>

> > Also, since your avatar suggests you might play engineer, compare the stats for Full Counter against the stats for Electro-Whirl (scrapper hammer). Though EW does more damage and has a shorter cd, I'm sure most people would say FC is better. Nevertheless, damage-wise, is someone screwed if they eat an EW? No.

>

> Nice Chewbacca defense.

>

>

Lol, c'mon man, that's not a Chewy Defense. You're claiming that Full Counter is so OP that people are screwed if one guy sets it off, and yet it does less damage on a longer cooldown than a regular scrapper skill that doesn't even need to be triggered. If you're screwed by eating a Full Counter, then you should be just as screwed by an Electro-Whirl.

One dodge and you're spared every negative effect of Full Counter and it has an obvious visual tell to know if and when to do it.

So losing Tier 2-3 burst skill, 2 less conditions removal on cleansing ire, only Tier 1 adrenal health, doesn't justify for spellbreaker to have a strong full power skill?

In gold rank pvp and wvw now people just walk away from my full counter most of the time, you want your full counter to work, you have to time it well in order to not wasting your adrenaline or walk into an aoe to trigger.

Spellbreaker is nothing when they got out played by smart enemy.

> @Hitman.5829 said:

> People need to stop whining and learn to play! Full counter is perfectly fine; in the worst case scenario, full counter is a useless skill when fighting 1 vs 1 or range individuals (which is most of them). Full counter is finally the skill that warrior needed for WvW and PvP. Stop complaining because you are getting owned and learn to play!

>

> One can make the argument that full counter is a mediocre skill on 1 vs 1 because of this:

> 1. - It activates only if you attack the warrior, and the animation is extremely obvious.

> 2. If the warrior has quickness, then the skill has a cast time of 1/2 the time.

>

> Now, what i have noticed in PvE is that the mobs have very slow attack reaction times that full counter is often missed because they simply don't hit the kitten skill.

> Be patient and don't spam your kitten skills like a zombie 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,f1,f2,f3,f4,f5.

>

> This is a learn to play issue and not a balance issue!

>

> I have fought many spell-breakers and I know when they will be using their full counter so I simply walk away because they cannot attack me while they are using full counter. Use your brain, learn to play, and stop whining because you are getting owned for spamming your skills like a zombie!

Well please tell me then if you know, how to not trigger FC as a mesmer? Or ranger? Or minionmaster necro? Or symbol guardian? Ihave not seen any advice how to 1v1 spellbreaker as any of these classes.

> @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > People need to stop whining and learn to play! Full counter is perfectly fine; in the worst case scenario, full counter is a useless skill when fighting 1 vs 1 or range individuals (which is most of them). Full counter is finally the skill that warrior needed for WvW and PvP. Stop complaining because you are getting owned and learn to play!

> >

> > One can make the argument that full counter is a mediocre skill on 1 vs 1 because of this:

> > 1. - It activates only if you attack the warrior, and the animation is extremely obvious.

> > 2. If the warrior has quickness, then the skill has a cast time of 1/2 the time.

> >

> > Now, what i have noticed in PvE is that the mobs have very slow attack reaction times that full counter is often missed because they simply don't hit the kitten skill.

> > Be patient and don't spam your kitten skills like a zombie 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,f1,f2,f3,f4,f5.

> >

> > This is a learn to play issue and not a balance issue!

> >

> > I have fought many spell-breakers and I know when they will be using their full counter so I simply walk away because they cannot attack me while they are using full counter. Use your brain, learn to play, and stop whining because you are getting owned for spamming your skills like a zombie!

>

> Well please tell me then if you know, how to not trigger FC as a mesmer? Or ranger? Or minionmaster necro? Or symbol guardian? Ihave not seen any advice how to 1v1 spellbreaker as any of these classes.

Full Counter is a mechanic, just like any other mechanic. How do I avoid getting shattered by a memser? Or nuked at range by a ranger? Or getting condi-bombed by a necro? Or getting pulled into guardian traps?

> @Crossaber.8934 said:

> So losing Tier 2-3 burst skill, 2 less conditions removal on cleansing ire, only Tier 1 adrenal health, doesn't justify for spellbreaker to have a strong full power skill?

>

> In gold rank pvp and wvw now people just walk away from my full counter most of the time, you want your full counter to work, you have to time it well in order to not wasting your adrenaline or walk into an aoe to trigger.

>

> Spellbreaker is nothing when they got out played by smart enemy.

That's usually what I end up having to do is walking into an aoe to get my full counter to trigger, which then has me standing in an aoe field...why must Anet make all our skills THAT easy to telegraph?

As said in other post, Aoe classes are weak to FC. When you can't interrupt your skill, you're pretty much gonna take FC in your face.

Weaver's primordial stance is a good exemple, supposed to deal a lot of condi damage but... 5 pulses -> Use Fc -> resistance.

That makes primordial stance pretty much useless (and I removed it since it's no used again SB.) Also it has another weakness since it has a low range, you're missing your condi burst pretty easily but we're not talking about weaver are we ? :D

FC has a great mechanic, but I feel like it can benefit from almost every situation. Add the low CD, and you have what you have right now, a tanky class with lots of damage.

Nerf is probably coming. Get ready ! :/

> @Hana.8143 said:

> As said in other post, Aoe classes are weak to FC. When you can't interrupt your skill, you're pretty much gonna take FC in your face.

> Weaver's primordial stance is a good exemple, supposed to deal a lot of condi damage but... 5 pulses -> Use Fc -> resistance.

> That makes primordial stance pretty much useless (and I removed it since it's no used again SB.) Also it has another weakness since it has a low range, you're missing your condi burst pretty easily but we're not talking about weaver are we ? :D

>

> FC has a great mechanic, but I feel like it can benefit from almost every situation. Add the low CD, and you have what you have right now, a tanky class with lots of damage.

>

> Nerf is probably coming. Get ready ! :/

Nah, it's too telegraphed enemies can easily dodge, stow weapons, or walk away.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @Hana.8143 said:

> > As said in other post, Aoe classes are weak to FC. When you can't interrupt your skill, you're pretty much gonna take FC in your face.

> > Weaver's primordial stance is a good exemple, supposed to deal a lot of condi damage but... 5 pulses -> Use Fc -> resistance.

> > That makes primordial stance pretty much useless (and I removed it since it's no used again SB.) Also it has another weakness since it has a low range, you're missing your condi burst pretty easily but we're not talking about weaver are we ? :D

> >

> > FC has a great mechanic, but I feel like it can benefit from almost every situation. Add the low CD, and you have what you have right now, a tanky class with lots of damage.

> >

> > Nerf is probably coming. Get ready ! :/

>

> Nah, it's too telegraphed enemies can easily dodge, stow weapons, or walk away.

Yeah it is highly telegraphed, but will the majority of players understand how to avoid it? It would be lovely if the game weren't full of semi sentient potatoes, but it is. FC may be nerfed simply because players keep walking into the obvious trap.

> @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > People need to stop whining and learn to play! Full counter is perfectly fine; in the worst case scenario, full counter is a useless skill when fighting 1 vs 1 or range individuals (which is most of them). Full counter is finally the skill that warrior needed for WvW and PvP. Stop complaining because you are getting owned and learn to play!

> >

> > One can make the argument that full counter is a mediocre skill on 1 vs 1 because of this:

> > 1. - It activates only if you attack the warrior, and the animation is extremely obvious.

> > 2. If the warrior has quickness, then the skill has a cast time of 1/2 the time.

> >

> > Now, what i have noticed in PvE is that the mobs have very slow attack reaction times that full counter is often missed because they simply don't hit the kitten skill.

> > Be patient and don't spam your kitten skills like a zombie 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,f1,f2,f3,f4,f5.

> >

> > This is a learn to play issue and not a balance issue!

> >

> > I have fought many spell-breakers and I know when they will be using their full counter so I simply walk away because they cannot attack me while they are using full counter. Use your brain, learn to play, and stop whining because you are getting owned for spamming your skills like a zombie!

>

> Well please tell me then if you know, how to not trigger FC as a mesmer? Or ranger? Or minionmaster necro? Or symbol guardian? Ihave not seen any advice how to 1v1 spellbreaker as any of these classes.

Then you haven't been paying attention. Either let your pet proc it while you're at range, or dodge as soon as you (or a pet, or another player) hits the Spellbreaker in melee when FC is up (there's a short delay between trigger and effect).

As a mesmer, you could also use sword 2, port, etc. You have to learn and adapt, and this skill (like almost all warrior skills) is massively telegraphed.

> @nosleepdemon.1368 said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @Hana.8143 said:

> > > As said in other post, Aoe classes are weak to FC. When you can't interrupt your skill, you're pretty much gonna take FC in your face.

> > > Weaver's primordial stance is a good exemple, supposed to deal a lot of condi damage but... 5 pulses -> Use Fc -> resistance.

> > > That makes primordial stance pretty much useless (and I removed it since it's no used again SB.) Also it has another weakness since it has a low range, you're missing your condi burst pretty easily but we're not talking about weaver are we ? :D

> > >

> > > FC has a great mechanic, but I feel like it can benefit from almost every situation. Add the low CD, and you have what you have right now, a tanky class with lots of damage.

> > >

> > > Nerf is probably coming. Get ready ! :/

> >

> > Nah, it's too telegraphed enemies can easily dodge, stow weapons, or walk away.

>

> Yeah it is highly telegraphed, but will the majority of players understand how to avoid it? It would be lovely if the game weren't full of semi sentient potatoes, but it is. FC may be nerfed simply because players keep walking into the obvious trap.

But the thing is, I play as Strength, Discipline, Spellbreaker and I win the majority of fights against Defence, Discipline, Spellbreakers. Even if I get hit by Full Counter, I don't find it detrimental. Okay, I get dazed and take 3k damage. What's the big deal? I don't even have Endure Pain, or Last Stand, yet I am able to win against other Spellbreakers. I last out their immunities then hit them with a Dagger 2-3-4, followed up by Arcing Slice, etc.

> @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > @nosleepdemon.1368 said:

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > @Hana.8143 said:

> > > > As said in other post, Aoe classes are weak to FC. When you can't interrupt your skill, you're pretty much gonna take FC in your face.

> > > > Weaver's primordial stance is a good exemple, supposed to deal a lot of condi damage but... 5 pulses -> Use Fc -> resistance.

> > > > That makes primordial stance pretty much useless (and I removed it since it's no used again SB.) Also it has another weakness since it has a low range, you're missing your condi burst pretty easily but we're not talking about weaver are we ? :D

> > > >

> > > > FC has a great mechanic, but I feel like it can benefit from almost every situation. Add the low CD, and you have what you have right now, a tanky class with lots of damage.

> > > >

> > > > Nerf is probably coming. Get ready ! :/

> > >

> > > Nah, it's too telegraphed enemies can easily dodge, stow weapons, or walk away.

> >

> > Yeah it is highly telegraphed, but will the majority of players understand how to avoid it? It would be lovely if the game weren't full of semi sentient potatoes, but it is. FC may be nerfed simply because players keep walking into the obvious trap.

>

> But the thing is, I play as Strength, Discipline, Spellbreaker and I win the majority of fights against Defence, Discipline, Spellbreakers. Even if I get hit by Full Counter, I don't find it detrimental. Okay, I get dazed and take 3k damage. What's the big deal? I don't even have Endure Pain, or Last Stand, yet I am able to win against other Spellbreakers. I last out their immunities then hit them with a Dagger 2-3-4, followed up by Arcing Slice, etc.

Do you know if you've fought any Strength, Defense, Spellbreaker ones? I've been trying that more competitively just gotta get used to not having fast hands or warrior sprint.

> > @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > > @nosleepdemon.1368 said:

> > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > @Hana.8143 said:

> > > > > As said in other post, Aoe classes are weak to FC. When you can't interrupt your skill, you're pretty much gonna take FC in your face.

> > > > > Weaver's primordial stance is a good exemple, supposed to deal a lot of condi damage but... 5 pulses -> Use Fc -> resistance.

> > > > > That makes primordial stance pretty much useless (and I removed it since it's no used again SB.) Also it has another weakness since it has a low range, you're missing your condi burst pretty easily but we're not talking about weaver are we ? :D

> > > > >

> > > > > FC has a great mechanic, but I feel like it can benefit from almost every situation. Add the low CD, and you have what you have right now, a tanky class with lots of damage.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nerf is probably coming. Get ready ! :/

> > > >

> > > > Nah, it's too telegraphed enemies can easily dodge, stow weapons, or walk away.

> > >

> > > Yeah it is highly telegraphed, but will the majority of players understand how to avoid it? It would be lovely if the game weren't full of semi sentient potatoes, but it is. FC may be nerfed simply because players keep walking into the obvious trap.

> >

> > But the thing is, I play as Strength, Discipline, Spellbreaker and I win the majority of fights against Defence, Discipline, Spellbreakers. Even if I get hit by Full Counter, I don't find it detrimental. Okay, I get dazed and take 3k damage. What's the big deal? I don't even have Endure Pain, or Last Stand, yet I am able to win against other Spellbreakers. I last out their immunities then hit them with a Dagger 2-3-4, followed up by Arcing Slice, etc.

>

> Do you know if you've fought any Strength, Defense, Spellbreaker ones? I've been trying that more competitively just gotta get used to not having fast hands or warrior sprint.

I can't say I have. Discipline is kinda needed. Fast Hands, Cleanse on Swap, Burst Mastery, Warrior's Sprint. I don't think it is worth it. Dagger/Shield works because you can swap to Greatsword right away to actually do damage. It is also likely overkill in terms of survivability.

> @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > > @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > > > @nosleepdemon.1368 said:

> > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > @Hana.8143 said:

> > > > > > As said in other post, Aoe classes are weak to FC. When you can't interrupt your skill, you're pretty much gonna take FC in your face.

> > > > > > Weaver's primordial stance is a good exemple, supposed to deal a lot of condi damage but... 5 pulses -> Use Fc -> resistance.

> > > > > > That makes primordial stance pretty much useless (and I removed it since it's no used again SB.) Also it has another weakness since it has a low range, you're missing your condi burst pretty easily but we're not talking about weaver are we ? :D

> > > > > >

> > > > > > FC has a great mechanic, but I feel like it can benefit from almost every situation. Add the low CD, and you have what you have right now, a tanky class with lots of damage.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nerf is probably coming. Get ready ! :/

> > > > >

> > > > > Nah, it's too telegraphed enemies can easily dodge, stow weapons, or walk away.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah it is highly telegraphed, but will the majority of players understand how to avoid it? It would be lovely if the game weren't full of semi sentient potatoes, but it is. FC may be nerfed simply because players keep walking into the obvious trap.

> > >

> > > But the thing is, I play as Strength, Discipline, Spellbreaker and I win the majority of fights against Defence, Discipline, Spellbreakers. Even if I get hit by Full Counter, I don't find it detrimental. Okay, I get dazed and take 3k damage. What's the big deal? I don't even have Endure Pain, or Last Stand, yet I am able to win against other Spellbreakers. I last out their immunities then hit them with a Dagger 2-3-4, followed up by Arcing Slice, etc.

> >

> > Do you know if you've fought any Strength, Defense, Spellbreaker ones? I've been trying that more competitively just gotta get used to not having fast hands or warrior sprint.

>

> I can't say I have. Discipline is kinda needed. Fast Hands, Cleanse on Swap, Burst Mastery, Warrior's Sprint. I don't think it is worth it. Dagger/Shield works because you can swap to Greatsword right away to actually do damage. It is also likely overkill in terms of survivability.

I know it's REALLY hard giving up discipline(trust me I've thought long and hard about giving up a trait line I've literally been running since day 1), but I get my heals from might makes right, sun/moon, AH all working together, and condition cleanse from cleansing ire. It's a build you just have to keep after your enemy to survive, you just have to keep hitting them to heal and condi cleanse.

> > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > > > > @nosleepdemon.1368 said:

> > > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > > @Hana.8143 said:

> > > > > > > As said in other post, Aoe classes are weak to FC. When you can't interrupt your skill, you're pretty much gonna take FC in your face.

> > > > > > > Weaver's primordial stance is a good exemple, supposed to deal a lot of condi damage but... 5 pulses -> Use Fc -> resistance.

> > > > > > > That makes primordial stance pretty much useless (and I removed it since it's no used again SB.) Also it has another weakness since it has a low range, you're missing your condi burst pretty easily but we're not talking about weaver are we ? :D

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > FC has a great mechanic, but I feel like it can benefit from almost every situation. Add the low CD, and you have what you have right now, a tanky class with lots of damage.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nerf is probably coming. Get ready ! :/

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nah, it's too telegraphed enemies can easily dodge, stow weapons, or walk away.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah it is highly telegraphed, but will the majority of players understand how to avoid it? It would be lovely if the game weren't full of semi sentient potatoes, but it is. FC may be nerfed simply because players keep walking into the obvious trap.

> > > >

> > > > But the thing is, I play as Strength, Discipline, Spellbreaker and I win the majority of fights against Defence, Discipline, Spellbreakers. Even if I get hit by Full Counter, I don't find it detrimental. Okay, I get dazed and take 3k damage. What's the big deal? I don't even have Endure Pain, or Last Stand, yet I am able to win against other Spellbreakers. I last out their immunities then hit them with a Dagger 2-3-4, followed up by Arcing Slice, etc.

> > >

> > > Do you know if you've fought any Strength, Defense, Spellbreaker ones? I've been trying that more competitively just gotta get used to not having fast hands or warrior sprint.

> >

> > I can't say I have. Discipline is kinda needed. Fast Hands, Cleanse on Swap, Burst Mastery, Warrior's Sprint. I don't think it is worth it. Dagger/Shield works because you can swap to Greatsword right away to actually do damage. It is also likely overkill in terms of survivability.

>

> I know it's REALLY hard giving up discipline(trust me I've thought long and hard about giving up a trait line I've literally been running since day 1), but I get my heals from might makes right, sun/moon, AH all working together, and condition cleanse from cleansing ire. It's a build you just have to keep after your enemy to survive, you just have to keep hitting them to heal and condi cleanse.

I just think you'll be stuck in Dagger/Shield too long to do any damage.

I think FC frustrates a lot of people because so many classes are so freaking spammy in this game. Especially with all the AoEs. As soon as something interrupts the spam or punishes them for it, it seems too powerful. It's like hey, maybe think about your skills before you use them?

With that said FC is a bit spammy itself so maybe they need to do something with the cooldown. As much as that pains me to say (I'm having so much fun w/ it).

> @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > People need to stop whining and learn to play! Full counter is perfectly fine; in the worst case scenario, full counter is a useless skill when fighting 1 vs 1 or range individuals (which is most of them). Full counter is finally the skill that warrior needed for WvW and PvP. Stop complaining because you are getting owned and learn to play!

> > >

> > > One can make the argument that full counter is a mediocre skill on 1 vs 1 because of this:

> > > 1. - It activates only if you attack the warrior, and the animation is extremely obvious.

> > > 2. If the warrior has quickness, then the skill has a cast time of 1/2 the time.

> > >

> > > Now, what i have noticed in PvE is that the mobs have very slow attack reaction times that full counter is often missed because they simply don't hit the kitten skill.

> > > Be patient and don't spam your kitten skills like a zombie 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,f1,f2,f3,f4,f5.

> > >

> > > This is a learn to play issue and not a balance issue!

> > >

> > > I have fought many spell-breakers and I know when they will be using their full counter so I simply walk away because they cannot attack me while they are using full counter. Use your brain, learn to play, and stop whining because you are getting owned for spamming your skills like a zombie!

> >

> > Well please tell me then if you know, how to not trigger FC as a mesmer? Or ranger? Or minionmaster necro? Or symbol guardian? Ihave not seen any advice how to 1v1 spellbreaker as any of these classes.

>

> Full Counter is a mechanic, just like any other mechanic. How do I avoid getting shattered by a memser? Or nuked at range by a ranger? Or getting condi-bombed by a necro? Or getting pulled into guardian traps?

Lol. You didn't answer my question. Afraid of telling people how to crush your class? Or afraid to tell everyone it's impossible? Everyone knows how to counter those classes. I'm asking how to counter spellbreaker if you play any of classes you adressed.

> @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > > @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > > > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > > People need to stop whining and learn to play! Full counter is perfectly fine; in the worst case scenario, full counter is a useless skill when fighting 1 vs 1 or range individuals (which is most of them). Full counter is finally the skill that warrior needed for WvW and PvP. Stop complaining because you are getting owned and learn to play!

> > > >

> > > > One can make the argument that full counter is a mediocre skill on 1 vs 1 because of this:

> > > > 1. - It activates only if you attack the warrior, and the animation is extremely obvious.

> > > > 2. If the warrior has quickness, then the skill has a cast time of 1/2 the time.

> > > >

> > > > Now, what i have noticed in PvE is that the mobs have very slow attack reaction times that full counter is often missed because they simply don't hit the kitten skill.

> > > > Be patient and don't spam your kitten skills like a zombie 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,f1,f2,f3,f4,f5.

> > > >

> > > > This is a learn to play issue and not a balance issue!

> > > >

> > > > I have fought many spell-breakers and I know when they will be using their full counter so I simply walk away because they cannot attack me while they are using full counter. Use your brain, learn to play, and stop whining because you are getting owned for spamming your skills like a zombie!

> > >

> > > Well please tell me then if you know, how to not trigger FC as a mesmer? Or ranger? Or minionmaster necro? Or symbol guardian? Ihave not seen any advice how to 1v1 spellbreaker as any of these classes.

> >

> > Full Counter is a mechanic, just like any other mechanic. How do I avoid getting shattered by a memser? Or nuked at range by a ranger? Or getting condi-bombed by a necro? Or getting pulled into guardian traps?

>

> Lol. You didn't answer my question. Afraid of telling people how to crush your class? Or afraid to tell everyone it's impossible? Everyone knows how to counter those classes. I'm asking how to counter spellbreaker if you play any of classes you adressed.

How to counter Full Counter:

1. Attack Full Counter from out of range.

2. Attack Full Counter then Evade or Block or go Immune.

3. Wait out Full Counter, then attack.

4. Attack Full Counter and get hit by it, but don't cast so the Daze doesn't interrupt you.

If Full Counter doesn't hit, Spellbreaker gets no benefits.

> @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > > > @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > > > > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > > > People need to stop whining and learn to play! Full counter is perfectly fine; in the worst case scenario, full counter is a useless skill when fighting 1 vs 1 or range individuals (which is most of them). Full counter is finally the skill that warrior needed for WvW and PvP. Stop complaining because you are getting owned and learn to play!

> > > > >

> > > > > One can make the argument that full counter is a mediocre skill on 1 vs 1 because of this:

> > > > > 1. - It activates only if you attack the warrior, and the animation is extremely obvious.

> > > > > 2. If the warrior has quickness, then the skill has a cast time of 1/2 the time.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now, what i have noticed in PvE is that the mobs have very slow attack reaction times that full counter is often missed because they simply don't hit the kitten skill.

> > > > > Be patient and don't spam your kitten skills like a zombie 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,f1,f2,f3,f4,f5.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is a learn to play issue and not a balance issue!

> > > > >

> > > > > I have fought many spell-breakers and I know when they will be using their full counter so I simply walk away because they cannot attack me while they are using full counter. Use your brain, learn to play, and stop whining because you are getting owned for spamming your skills like a zombie!

> > > >

> > > > Well please tell me then if you know, how to not trigger FC as a mesmer? Or ranger? Or minionmaster necro? Or symbol guardian? Ihave not seen any advice how to 1v1 spellbreaker as any of these classes.

> > >

> > > Full Counter is a mechanic, just like any other mechanic. How do I avoid getting shattered by a memser? Or nuked at range by a ranger? Or getting condi-bombed by a necro? Or getting pulled into guardian traps?

> >

> > Lol. You didn't answer my question. Afraid of telling people how to crush your class? Or afraid to tell everyone it's impossible? Everyone knows how to counter those classes. I'm asking how to counter spellbreaker if you play any of classes you adressed.

>

> How to counter Full Counter:

>

> 1. Attack Full Counter from out of range.

> 2. Attack Full Counter then Evade or Block or go Immune.

> 3. Wait out Full Counter, then attack.

> 4. Attack Full Counter and get hit by it, but don't cast so the Daze doesn't interrupt you.

>

> If Full Counter doesn't hit, Spellbreaker gets no benefits.

But mesmer illusions can proc FC, ranger pet can do it if not careful, necro minions and guardian symbols can proc it. And you can dodge. 2 times. How about third time, when you dont have dodge? Because you cant kill good SB in less than 24 secs. Or even mediocre.

> @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > > @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > > > @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > > > > @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > > > > > @Hitman.5829 said:

> > > > > > People need to stop whining and learn to play! Full counter is perfectly fine; in the worst case scenario, full counter is a useless skill when fighting 1 vs 1 or range individuals (which is most of them). Full counter is finally the skill that warrior needed for WvW and PvP. Stop complaining because you are getting owned and learn to play!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > One can make the argument that full counter is a mediocre skill on 1 vs 1 because of this:

> > > > > > 1. - It activates only if you attack the warrior, and the animation is extremely obvious.

> > > > > > 2. If the warrior has quickness, then the skill has a cast time of 1/2 the time.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now, what i have noticed in PvE is that the mobs have very slow attack reaction times that full counter is often missed because they simply don't hit the kitten skill.

> > > > > > Be patient and don't spam your kitten skills like a zombie 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,f1,f2,f3,f4,f5.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is a learn to play issue and not a balance issue!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I have fought many spell-breakers and I know when they will be using their full counter so I simply walk away because they cannot attack me while they are using full counter. Use your brain, learn to play, and stop whining because you are getting owned for spamming your skills like a zombie!

> > > > >

> > > > > Well please tell me then if you know, how to not trigger FC as a mesmer? Or ranger? Or minionmaster necro? Or symbol guardian? Ihave not seen any advice how to 1v1 spellbreaker as any of these classes.

> > > >

> > > > Full Counter is a mechanic, just like any other mechanic. How do I avoid getting shattered by a memser? Or nuked at range by a ranger? Or getting condi-bombed by a necro? Or getting pulled into guardian traps?

> > >

> > > Lol. You didn't answer my question. Afraid of telling people how to crush your class? Or afraid to tell everyone it's impossible? Everyone knows how to counter those classes. I'm asking how to counter spellbreaker if you play any of classes you adressed.

> >

> > How to counter Full Counter:

> >

> > 1. Attack Full Counter from out of range.

> > 2. Attack Full Counter then Evade or Block or go Immune.

> > 3. Wait out Full Counter, then attack.

> > 4. Attack Full Counter and get hit by it, but don't cast so the Daze doesn't interrupt you.

> >

> > If Full Counter doesn't hit, Spellbreaker gets no benefits.

>

> But mesmer illusions can proc FC, ranger pet can do it if not careful, necro minions and guardian symbols can proc it. And you can dodge. 2 times. How about third time, when you dont have dodge? Because you cant kill good SB in less than 24 secs. Or even mediocre.

**But mesmer illusions can proc FC, ranger pet can do it if not careful, necro minions and guardian symbols can proc it. ** You can use all those to your advantage to proc Full Counter when you are not in range, or realize Full Counter is coming and evade or get out of range with a movement skill.

All classes have abilities to evade. You have to make a choice on what you want to evade and what you want to eat. It's the same for every spec. I don't know what to tell you.

I dumpster on other Spellbreakers all the time, killing them in less than 24 seconds.

> @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > @Mikeskies.1536 said:

> > > > > > @nosleepdemon.1368 said:

> > > > > > > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > > > > > > @Hana.8143 said:

> > > > > > > > As said in other post, Aoe classes are weak to FC. When you can't interrupt your skill, you're pretty much gonna take FC in your face.

> > > > > > > > Weaver's primordial stance is a good exemple, supposed to deal a lot of condi damage but... 5 pulses -> Use Fc -> resistance.

> > > > > > > > That makes primordial stance pretty much useless (and I removed it since it's no used again SB.) Also it has another weakness since it has a low range, you're missing your condi burst pretty easily but we're not talking about weaver are we ? :D

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > FC has a great mechanic, but I feel like it can benefit from almost every situation. Add the low CD, and you have what you have right now, a tanky class with lots of damage.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nerf is probably coming. Get ready ! :/

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nah, it's too telegraphed enemies can easily dodge, stow weapons, or walk away.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah it is highly telegraphed, but will the majority of players understand how to avoid it? It would be lovely if the game weren't full of semi sentient potatoes, but it is. FC may be nerfed simply because players keep walking into the obvious trap.

> > > > >

> > > > > But the thing is, I play as Strength, Discipline, Spellbreaker and I win the majority of fights against Defence, Discipline, Spellbreakers. Even if I get hit by Full Counter, I don't find it detrimental. Okay, I get dazed and take 3k damage. What's the big deal? I don't even have Endure Pain, or Last Stand, yet I am able to win against other Spellbreakers. I last out their immunities then hit them with a Dagger 2-3-4, followed up by Arcing Slice, etc.

> > > >

> > > > Do you know if you've fought any Strength, Defense, Spellbreaker ones? I've been trying that more competitively just gotta get used to not having fast hands or warrior sprint.

> > >

> > > I can't say I have. Discipline is kinda needed. Fast Hands, Cleanse on Swap, Burst Mastery, Warrior's Sprint. I don't think it is worth it. Dagger/Shield works because you can swap to Greatsword right away to actually do damage. It is also likely overkill in terms of survivability.

> >

> > I know it's REALLY hard giving up discipline(trust me I've thought long and hard about giving up a trait line I've literally been running since day 1), but I get my heals from might makes right, sun/moon, AH all working together, and condition cleanse from cleansing ire. It's a build you just have to keep after your enemy to survive, you just have to keep hitting them to heal and condi cleanse.

>

> I just think you'll be stuck in Dagger/Shield too long to do any damage.

Idk, I still down people with D/D, wastrel's ruin hits soo good I can't pass it up, I may miss out on blocks, but I at least have a reflect on dagger 5.