One-time achievements again

> @"KingJoko.1625" said:

> Why are achievements which are only obtainable in a short amount of time being added again? The 50AP annual achievements anet introduced, while technically they have a cap of 1000 AP, that will be reached in 20 years so....

>

> They are going against their own statements again.

No they’re not.

> @"KingJoko.1625" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > You would prefer that there's a cap of 100 AP?

>

> Maybe 200-300, yes I would prefer that.

Alright. I prefer a cap that is so high that I'll never reach it, because it means I can always earn something each LNY.

> The same way you preferred AP being removed from some of the pvp achievements you could not get.

As mentioned below, I never said anything like that.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"KingJoko.1625" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > You would prefer that there's a cap of 100 AP?

> >

> > Maybe 200-300, yes I would prefer that.

> > The same way you preferred AP being removed from some of the pvp achievements you could not get.

>

> I think you confuse something there

They probably did. I never advocated removal of AP from PvP achievements. (I don't actually remember ever suggesting ANet reduce AP gain from anything. At worst, I've said I wouldn't mind if they did.)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"KingJoko.1625" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > You would prefer that there's a cap of 100 AP?

> > >

> > > Maybe 200-300, yes I would prefer that.

> > > The same way you preferred AP being removed from some of the pvp achievements you could not get.

> >

> > I think you confuse something there

>

> They probably did. I never advocated removal of AP from PvP achievements. (I don't actually remember ever suggesting ANet reduce AP gain from anything. At worst, I've said I wouldn't mind if they did.)

Maybe it was someone else then, mb

remember when they introduced the 25 ap repeatable achievements and they said don't worry they will be back in coming years. I think anet under estimated players who would grind them all out the first year. So they had to rethink it and add a plain jane 50 ap reward for years to come. Otherwise why would they have the 25 ap repeatable and add thev same thing to do in annual repeatable. Its a UI cluster eye soar.

> @"KingJoko.1625" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > > @"KingJoko.1625" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > You would prefer that there's a cap of 100 AP?

> > > >

> > > > Maybe 200-300, yes I would prefer that.

> > > > The same way you preferred AP being removed from some of the pvp achievements you could not get.

> > >

> > > I think you confuse something there

> >

> > They probably did. I never advocated removal of AP from PvP achievements. (I don't actually remember ever suggesting ANet reduce AP gain from anything. At worst, I've said I wouldn't mind if they did.)

>

> Maybe it was someone else then, mb

Yea wasent it old Malediktus.9250 who did that if I remember right.

> @"KingJoko.1625" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > This is not an achievement that cannot be completed in the future. You can participate in any 20 years and get all the AP.

>

> the game will be long dead in 20 years

GW1 is almost 14 years old and still running. It's entirely possible GW2 will last another 20 years.

> @"KingJoko.1625" said:

> Why are achievements which are only obtainable in a short amount of time being added again? The 50AP annual achievements anet introduced, while technically they have a cap of 1000 AP, that will be reached in 20 years so....

>

> They are going against their own statements again.

You are mixing up temporary achievements which become unavailable (Living World Season 1 and certain past living world events) with recurring achievements which have a very high cap to max out.

Those 2 are not the same. One is for ever missed, the other simply slides the time line until completion (similar to the daily cap which also takes over 4 years to max out).

These are of absolutely no consequence to you unless you are among the top 100 or 1,000 players competing for AP Leader board leadership.

The AP are minor rewards for keeping people occupied and not making recurring events without meaning for veteran players.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > @"KingJoko.1625" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > You would prefer that there's a cap of 100 AP?

> > >

> > > Maybe 200-300, yes I would prefer that.

> > > The same way you preferred AP being removed from some of the pvp achievements you could not get.

> >

> > I think you confuse something there

>

> They probably did. I never advocated removal of AP from PvP achievements. (I don't actually remember ever suggesting ANet reduce AP gain from anything. At worst, I've said I wouldn't mind if they did.)

Malediktus in his usual subtle way points out that _he_ was the one succesfully advocating removal of AP for PvP achievements he couldn't get.