Should Aegis Graphic have a toggle/be removed/only come out in combat?

I love to take screenshots and mostly play this game enjoying the fashion aspect. I do all other content but love fashion wars the most.

With that in mind I find the Aegis graphic (the shield you see on your arm) quite unfortunate.

Even if it only came up in combat I would be happy. Having it come out when my weapons are drawn isn't needed.

So I'm here to see the common consensus on what the community wants. Who knows, if enough of us are on board Anet might consider it.

I totally get why people would want the ability to toggle it off, but the truth is the more options you try to add to the game, the more bugs you will create. I think we can all recognize that ANET has their plate full with bugs they need to fix, some of which have been present for YEARS, and the last thing we need is more variables.

> @"Davion Roth.6709" said:

> I never understood how people can vote for no change on polls like these, when at the very least voting for a client side toggle doesn't affect them at all. It just seems spiteful. LOL

Perhaps its because allocating development resources to this means that they are not allocated to something else. Nothing comes without an opportunity cost.

One could argue that asking for someth8ng that others enjoy be removed completely is an example of spite.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Davion Roth.6709" said:

> > I never understood how people can vote for no change on polls like these, when at the very least voting for a client side toggle doesn't affect them at all. It just seems spiteful. LOL

>

> One could argue that asking for someth8ng that others enjoy be removed completely is an example of spite.

Hey, at least I already explained myself by saying I hate forced visual effects, so I'm going to vote for their utter removal. Most of the people voting to keep it as is have offered no such explanation. =)

To me, a buff icon should be plenty of indication of things like that, not some gaudy thing attached to my character that I can't get rid of.

> @"Davion Roth.6709" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Davion Roth.6709" said:

> > > I never understood how people can vote for no change on polls like these, when at the very least voting for a client side toggle doesn't affect them at all. It just seems spiteful. LOL

> >

> > One could argue that asking for someth8ng that others enjoy be removed completely is an example of spite.

>

> Hey, at least I already explained myself by saying I hate forced visual effects, so I'm going to vote for their utter removal. Most of the people voting to keep it as is have offered no such explanation. =)

>

> To me, a buff icon should be plenty of indication of things like that, not some gaudy thing attached to my character that I can't get rid of.

Right, but you arent arguing for the ability to not display it on your character, you are arguing that no one 3lse should be allowed to have things that you do not like.

The people voting for the status quo do not need to provide an explanation to support their position because they are not asking for company resources to be spent on them and for something to be taken away from others.