PLZ add a new year's reward track for WvW & pvp

> @"Generalissimo.8602" said:

> There isn't really a reason to **not** have a reward track for those that want it though, is there?

The burden is on the one making the suggestion to justify the change. There's always some cost associated with adding anything to the game; there has to be some benefit besides, "no one has a great argument not to" to make it worth doing.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> The burden is on the one making the suggestion to justify the change. There's always some cost associated with adding anything to the game; there has to be some benefit besides, "no one has a great argument not to" to make it worth doing.

>

>

Well, I think "I want to have access to festival rewards for playing my preferred game-mode" is enough of a justification for such a simple change.

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > The burden is on the one making the suggestion to justify the change. There's always some cost associated with adding anything to the game; there has to be some benefit besides, "no one has a great argument not to" to make it worth doing.

> >

> >

> Well, I think "I want to have access to festival rewards for playing my preferred game-mode" is enough of a justification for such a simple change.

>

You have access, via the TP, to all of the 'rewards' that don't specifically require entering PvE (and that's no different from any other reward track). The only thing you can't do from WvW is buy the envelopes directly. The new mini and new back items are available without participating in PvE at all.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> You have access, via the TP, to all of the 'rewards' that don't specifically require entering PvE (and that's no different from any other reward track). The only thing you can't do from WvW is buy the envelopes directly. The new mini and new back items are available without participating in PvE at all.

>

>

...which is fundamentally not the same experience as earning and opening envelopes. From the perspective of a PvP/WvW player, there is no festival going on, which is really bizarre because that's not how the other festivals work.

> > You have access, via the TP, to all of the 'rewards' that don't specifically require entering PvE (and that's no different from any other reward track). The only thing you can't do from WvW is buy the envelopes directly. The new mini and new back items are available without participating in PvE at all.

> >

> >

> ...which is fundamentally not the same experience as earning and opening envelopes. From the perspective of a PvP/WvW player, there is no festival going on, which is really bizarre because that's not how the other festivals work.

The whole dragonball part of festival is spvp so why dont you want to do that?

What should be asked for is a wvw and pve way to earn envelopes.

> > You have access, via the TP, to all of the 'rewards' that don't specifically require entering PvE (and that's no different from any other reward track). The only thing you can't do from WvW is buy the envelopes directly. The new mini and new back items are available without participating in PvE at all.

> >

> >

> ...which is fundamentally not the same experience as earning and opening envelopes. From the perspective of a PvP/WvW player, there is no festival going on, which is really bizarre because that's not how the other festivals work.

Only way to really earn the envelopes is pvp Dragonball, buying is limited to 16 a day, and the rewards for daily is limited. Not really a reason to add a reward track for a meh holiday event with poor rewards .

I'm with the OP on this one. A reward track should be included with this festival for the same reason one should be included with any festival, it helps tie the different parts of the game together. I enjoy lny and the db minigame but to me it def has the feel of a 'lesser' festival, which I don't see as a positive thing. Leaving a reward track out encourages the perception that both this festival and wvw/pvp are second tier development concerns. If they don't feel like they can fully support the festival they shouldn't be shy about killing it entirely . . .

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Generalissimo.8602" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > You have access, via the TP, to all of the 'rewards' that don't specifically require entering PvE (and that's no different from any other reward track). The only thing you can't do from WvW is buy the envelopes directly. The new mini and new back items are available without participating in PvE at all.

> > >

> > >

> > ...which is fundamentally not the same experience as earning and opening envelopes. From the perspective of a PvP/WvW player, there is no festival going on, which is really bizarre because that's not how the other festivals work.

>

> The whole dragonball part of festival is spvp so why dont you want to do that?

>

> What should be asked for is a wvw and pve way to earn envelopes.

I guess that's technically true; I didn't think of Dragon Ball as PvP in the same way that I don't think of Sanctum Sprint or Crab Toss or any of the other mini-games as PvP. As for why I don't want to play it: because it's vastly more shallow, repetitive and less rewarding than PvP proper.

Honestly, this is a baffling amount of push-back for what seems like such an uncontroversial request. Someone said they wanted a feature that has precedent in all the other festivals and intuitively appears like it would take a tiny amount of developer resources to implement and the response isn't an explanation of why it would be more work than it seems or how it would have unintended consequences, but to essentially tell them that they **shouldn't** want that feature.

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Generalissimo.8602" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > You have access, via the TP, to all of the 'rewards' that don't specifically require entering PvE (and that's no different from any other reward track). The only thing you can't do from WvW is buy the envelopes directly. The new mini and new back items are available without participating in PvE at all.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > ...which is fundamentally not the same experience as earning and opening envelopes. From the perspective of a PvP/WvW player, there is no festival going on, which is really bizarre because that's not how the other festivals work.

> >

> > The whole dragonball part of festival is spvp so why dont you want to do that?

> >

> > What should be asked for is a wvw and pve way to earn envelopes.

> I guess that's technically true; I didn't think of Dragon Ball as PvP in the same way that I don't think of Sanctum Sprint or Crab Toss or any of the other mini-games as PvP. As for why I don't want to play it: because it's vastly more shallow, repetitive and less rewarding than PvP proper.

>

> Honestly, this is a baffling amount of push-back for what seems like such an uncontroversial request. Someone said they wanted a feature that has precedent in all the other festivals and intuitively appears like it would take a tiny amount of developer resources to implement and the response isn't an explanation of why it would be more work than it seems or how it would have unintended consequences, but to essentially tell them that they **shouldn't** want that feature.

>

>

>

It's because the rewards are pretty worthless, fireworks can not even be used in WvW, the food is mediocre . The envelopes are bought with gold and very few earned via achievments/dailies. There really isn't much to offer for a reward track IMO. The drops are cheap, no fancy rewards or infusions. This event really is the bottom of the barrel. Now adding a envelope or two to the WvW dailies while the festival is going wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Truth is this festival needs a rework for rewards and loot for all game modes.

> @"starhunter.6015" said:

> > @"Generalissimo.8602" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"Generalissimo.8602" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > You have access, via the TP, to all of the 'rewards' that don't specifically require entering PvE (and that's no different from any other reward track). The only thing you can't do from WvW is buy the envelopes directly. The new mini and new back items are available without participating in PvE at all.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > ...which is fundamentally not the same experience as earning and opening envelopes. From the perspective of a PvP/WvW player, there is no festival going on, which is really bizarre because that's not how the other festivals work.

> > >

> > > The whole dragonball part of festival is spvp so why dont you want to do that?

> > >

> > > What should be asked for is a wvw and pve way to earn envelopes.

> > I guess that's technically true; I didn't think of Dragon Ball as PvP in the same way that I don't think of Sanctum Sprint or Crab Toss or any of the other mini-games as PvP. As for why I don't want to play it: because it's vastly more shallow, repetitive and less rewarding than PvP proper.

> >

> > Honestly, this is a baffling amount of push-back for what seems like such an uncontroversial request. Someone said they wanted a feature that has precedent in all the other festivals and intuitively appears like it would take a tiny amount of developer resources to implement and the response isn't an explanation of why it would be more work than it seems or how it would have unintended consequences, but to essentially tell them that they **shouldn't** want that feature.

> >

> >

> >

>

> It's because the rewards are pretty worthless, fireworks can not even be used in WvW, the food is mediocre . The envelopes are bought with gold and very few earned via achievments/dailies. There really isn't much to offer for a reward track IMO. The drops are cheap, no fancy rewards or infusions. This event really is the bottom of the barrel. Now adding a envelope or two to the WvW dailies while the festival is going wouldn't be such a bad thing.

> Truth is this festival needs a rework for rewards and loot for all game modes.

That seems like an argument in favour of improving the festival, not one against having a reward track.

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> I think the real issue is that pve folks PAY for their envelopes.

>

> I'm assuming your request for a reward track wants an envelope at the end. Or more?

I imagine the final reward would be similar to the dragonball champion's token thing, just lets you exceed the daily purchase limit. You couldn't do actual envelopes bc there are so many ppl with stockpiles of reward pots they could use to burn through the track over and over again . . .

But the rewards aren't the point. Festival reward tracks are never really anything special, it's just a way for the festival to touch those modes . . .